Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ferbia Allen commits to

Started by The Recruiting Guy, February 04, 2008, 11:26:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

February 04, 2008, 11:26:13 am Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 12:15:35 am by Richard Davenport
Ole Miss.

So much for my gut feeling.

trphog

cityhog

I never cease to be amazed at the loyalty Nutt inspires in some people.

::)

beansandtaters

Hahaha...good luck Ferbia. Hope you've been working on your downfield blocking.

dougieritch

Oh well we still have Epperson? 

Either way the razorbacks are very stong and talented at TE (Cleveland, DJ Williams).  No matter what we'll be alright!  WPS!

Thanks for the update Richard!  Richard so how many players can Ole Miss sign...will they stop at 60?

blueshog2001

Nutt didn't recruit him while he was here, you figure the kid would feel spitted.

Music City Hog

Another 1 star recruit for HDN!  Job well done!  What is that commit number 31 for Ole Miss?

No seriously, although I was curious about us going after a 1 star kid that only HDN and Arkansas St wanted, I still was somewhat excited about the kids size and potential to become a physical specimen.  Good luck to the kid and hope he has a healthy productive college career at Ole Miss.

trphog

Quote from: dougieritch on February 04, 2008, 11:31:24 am

Either way the razorbacks are very stong and talented at TE (Cleveland, DJ Williams).  No matter what we'll be alright!  WPS!

Thanks for the update Richard!  Richard so how many players can Ole Miss sign...will they stop at 60?

I think Epperson is gone. I don't think that he showed up for his official visit.

fu-man-soo

epperson is out.  look for power to get that spot

Hogstocking

Bring on Andrew Power, he wants to be here and lately some big programs have been showing interest in him

blueshog2001

Quote from: fu-man-soo on February 04, 2008, 11:37:39 am
epperson is out.  look for power to get that spot
Who is Power?

Never Mind I found him from this weeks vistors.

notreseveredname

according to scout (they seem to be behind posting info on website) we hadn't offered yet.  Did we put an offer on the table during his visit?   

dougieritch

February 04, 2008, 11:40:10 am #12 Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 11:42:31 am by dougieritch

Quote from: trphog on February 04, 2008, 11:35:13 am
I think Epperson is gone. I don't think that he showed up for his official visit.

Thanks for clearing that up:  I also forgot we have Grant Freeman 6'7" 250lbs TE from Paris, AR & Jake Bequette 6'5" 250lbs from Tha Rock.  So add these two to Williams & Cleveland!  Nice!

Bubba's Bruisers

I don't think BP actually offered Allen.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

razorhog52

Quote from: dougieritch on February 04, 2008, 11:40:10 am
Thanks for clearing that up:  I also forgot we have Grant Freeman 6'7" 250lbs TE from Paris, AR & Jake Bequette 6'5" 250lbs from Tha Rock.  So add these two to Williams & Cleveland!  Nice!

Grant Freeman is play OL.

OKhogfan1959

Supposedly wasn't offered and took the sure thing at Miss. Can't blame the kid.

FBPLAYER65

Freeman is an offensive tackle. Bequette is a defensive end.

trphog

Why don't we give that schollie to Taylor S. put 30 pounds on him and make him the next Jacob Tamme or Kellen Winslow JR.?????

Conway4Hogs

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 04, 2008, 11:26:13 am
Ole Miss.

Don't sweat it Richard...It's hard to compete with nutt and the way he uses those Tackle Eligibles {TE'S}

Just goes to show he hasnt changed a bit..."We are going to open the offense up here next year"

Tomhog™

You weren't the only one with the gut feel about Ferbia.  Hogs didn't offer yet which tells me that they are comfortable with the number of TE's and DE's on campus.

Seebs

I have a feeling we will all know after signing day why Ferbia chose Ole MIss - was it his decision or was the decision helped with Petrino's knowledge of who is committing and we just didn't have a spot for a local potential player.

I hope Ferbia got squeezed out with some less risky players - Thursday will tell the tale after the Wednesday ink is dry.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Hogginitall

This is absolutely dumbfounding.  Like others have correctly pointed out, Ole Miss had 29 commitments before Allen had committed.  Now they have 30.  Not only that, but do these kids really think that they're going to be better off at Ole Miss than Arkansas over their 4-year college careers?  I think Nutt will improve Ole Miss in the near future.  But, I see Petrino improving Arkansas as well.  So, relatively speaking, Arkansas should stay 3,4,5 wins ahead of Ole Miss in the foreseeable future.

Crazy recruits....

Hogginitall

Quote from: trphog on February 04, 2008, 11:44:03 am
Why don't we give that schollie to Taylor S. put 30 pounds on him and make him the next Jacob Tamme or Kellen Winslow JR.?????

Come on, man.  He might end up being a good one in the future.  But, to assert that he will be the next Tamme or Winslow if we just put 30 pounds on him is a HUGE REACH.

kclvr

What bothers me is the fact that Nutt never recruited this kid while here and BP starts showing interest in him and Nutt starts in on him and wins the battle.  What did i miss here?

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 04, 2008, 11:41:52 am
I don't think BP actually offered Allen.

Coach Shelton said he was offered by Coach Petrino.

trphog

Can't really knock the kid. Its his life, If Ole Miss is where he is supposed to be, so be it. He is getting to play D1 football. I am happy for him. I hope he does well in every game except one. In that game I hope Malcom Sheppard runs him over on every play.

Another thing.... I think this whole flirtation with Arkansas kids and Ole Miss will be over after this year.

Hogway

Guys, relax.  As far as we know Allen still may not even hold an offer from us.  The last I had heard it was up in the air whether he would get an offer this weekend.  We can't really get up in arms about him going to Nutt if we don't offer him.  We need that information before we can start mauling this kid for choosing OM.  My gut feeling says that Allen was in a similar boat to Hunter Miller.  I could be wrong but that is my opinion at least.  Does anyone know for sure he he received an offer from us?

trphog

Quote from: Hogginitall on February 04, 2008, 11:50:24 am
Come on, man.  He might end up being a good one in the future.  But, to assert that he will be the next Tamme or Winslow if we just put 30 pounds on him is a HUGE REACH.

True. He is like any other recruit. You just don't know what they are going to end up being. I am just saying that with 30 pounds he would have the measurables similar to those guys.

Hogway

Aww and there we have it.  The info. gets to us before I can finish my post.  Go get 'em boys!

hog_fan

dougieritch

Hogstocking

07 Davie 14 receptions
06 Cleveland 12 receptions
05 Templeton 3 receptions
04 Hicks 8 receptions
03 Peters 21 receptions
02 Peters 4 receptions
01 Peters 3 receptions

That averages out to about 9 receptions per year by the TE.  Good luck run blocking, cause as you can see, you'll never get the ball.

The_Bionic_Pig

What I am not understanding is Coach Nutt in hot & heavy persuit after recruits he didn't even glance at while at the University of Arkansas.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Boar_ing

Hate to lose any Ark kids, but this is one we can lose... Power sounds like he wants to be a Hog!

Hawgon

Nutt is an idiot.  All we have to do is show the slightest interest in any old 1 star recruit that we may or may not actually want, and Nutt will spend the next month relentlessly recruiting the kid while 4 stars Ole Miss already had recruited head to other schools.

Houston, see that rabbit!?  Go get him boy!

Desperate Hog

Quote from: trphog on February 04, 2008, 11:44:03 am
Who is Jacob tamme? 
"I've got dozens of friends and the fun never ends that is as long as I'm buying"-Tommy Shaw

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on February 04, 2008, 11:43:22 am

I have a feeling that Petrino puts a slightly higher premium on quality tight ends than Nutt though. It wouldn't surprise me to see some Freeman moved back to TE. I don't know what his speed/hands are like, but it sure seems like he has a great frame for the position in the SEC.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 04, 2008, 11:52:24 am
Coach Shelton said he was offered by Coach Petrino.

there are different types of "offers," but you know that already. ;D
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Jim Harris

Nutt has recruited the state of Arkansas harder this year than he did in the previous five (combined!), since he started looking for a way out. Pretty amazing.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

The_Iceman

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on February 04, 2008, 11:43:22 am

you are right. i am friends with bequette and he will be playing DE and Freeman will be playing OL. Freeman has alot of potential if he reaches 300lbs. Bequette is an SEC size DE too, about 270.

PorkSoda

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 04, 2008, 12:25:18 pm
you are right. i am friends with bequette and he will be playing DE and Freeman will be playing OL. Freeman has alot of potential if he reaches 300lbs. Bequette is an SEC size DE too, about 270.
Nice, It sounds like they both added a few pounds during their RS year.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

HamShank

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on February 04, 2008, 12:09:56 pm
What I am not understanding is Coach Nutt in hot & heavy persuit after recruits he didn't even glance at while at the University of Arkansas.

Because his entire m.o. is to get as many kids out of Arkansas as he can.  That's all he cares about.  He has no designs on staying at Ole Miss long.  He wants to get out of the SEC as soon as possible.  The only thing on his mind is showing Arkansas "what they're missing."  BWAH!!!!

ksrazorback

I like the way CBP showed interest and got the kid an offer from Nutt.... he knew all he had to do was show interest and Old Miss would jump.... ;D

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 04, 2008, 11:26:13 am
Ole Miss.

Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

PigPusher

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on February 04, 2008, 12:09:56 pm

EGO!!!
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

CorningHog

February 04, 2008, 12:44:07 pm #45 Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 12:49:03 pm by CorningHog
I don't pretend to know what coaches try and do with recruiting but it is obvious to most that Nutt is trying to make a statement to Arkansas with the Arkansas recruits.

Yes, he may get a few signatures and his personality "this year" on some of these kids may work to his advantage.  Arkansas is in a vulnerable position with some of the recruits that were enamored with Nutt.

# 1)  Petrino is somewhat of an unknown commodity to the ones that have mainly looked at Arkansas.  Even the Louisville success is from a distance, not like he was in their line of sight all the time like an SEC coach would have been. 

# 2)  Petrino hasn't established that he will accomplish the same success at Arkansas.  So the proven to some of these kids is Nutt.  Good or bad, they have seen him in action, win or lose and he and his staff (probably more his staff than Houston) have kept in touch and worked these kids.

# 3)  A lot of these kids have been to the Houston Nutt camp for 6 years or so.  Since they were 6th graders.  There can be a lot of brainwashing going on over that long of a period of time.

Finally, the puzzling part is the kid never got any attention out of Ole Miss until Nutt left, and didn't get any attention from Nutt and staff until they were at Ole Miss.

How ever many kids we lose out of the state of Arkansas this year to Ole Miss, it will begin being less glamorous to go to Ole Miss over Arkansas very quickly.

I would say most of the time, the kids that go to Ole Miss, were never seriously recruited by Arkansas.  Sometimes a few slip thru like Charles Stackhouse, but for the most part, Ole Miss is not a threat.

When you begin losing the top 10 type kids in Arkansas to Ole Miss, then there is a problem.

One last thing...... I would bet that Nutt used the "Look at Jamaal Anderson" thing I did.  Talk to Decker.....we are going to make you a 1st rounder!  It will wear off soon enough.
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

SPAL

guess our facilities just werent what they have at ole miss....oh well.

Theolesnort

Remember Andrew Davie has eligibility left and he keeps getting better at the tight end position.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

jackflash

Just because Nutt signed 30 kids, doesn't mean he has a good class. How many are going to make it to campus? He will continue to recruit in Arkansas, what level of talent he gets will be questionable.

havok

Quote from: cityhog on February 04, 2008, 11:28:27 am
I never cease to be amazed at the loyalty Nutt inspires in some people.

::)

If there wasn't a segment of people that are succeptable and open to blindly believe lies... then the whole used car sales, Amway and telemarketing businesses would have gone bust years ago...