Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If you hate LSU... (Added Link)

Started by trashcan maN, February 04, 2008, 10:07:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

trashcan maN

February 04, 2008, 10:07:21 am Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 10:17:23 am by kj0N
This might be a nice Monday morning smile for you :)

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/725482.html

RZRBack_FAN

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HOGKING

They were told they can't give Recruit's corndogs anymore

Hogginitall

Hawgballz

Quote from: kj0N on February 04, 2008, 10:07:21 am
This might be a nice Monday morning smile for you :)

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/725482.html

That is sort of old news and he mainly choose SM because of low grades.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

rightdp

It came down to LSU and Southern Miss.  LSU really thought they were going to get this kid simply because they are LSU.  We should all celebrate the fact that they didn't.

Hogginitall

Quote from: Hawgballz on February 04, 2008, 10:19:31 am

If that is the case, I can understand.  Otherwise, that's ridiculous.

RZRBack_FAN

Ok so Why would you go to Southern Miss. Gotta be $$$$$$$$omethong going on there!

Hawgballz

Quote from: RZRBack_FAN on February 04, 2008, 10:22:06 am
Ok so Why would you go to Southern Miss. Gotta be $$$$$$$$omethong going on there!

Didn't want to chance having to go to JC.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

dougieritch

Quote from: rightdp on February 04, 2008, 10:19:51 am
It came down to LSU and Southern Miss.  LSU really thought they were going to get this kid simply because they are LSU.  We should all celebrate the fact that they didn't.

I agree, Les figured they are the big dogs and would never lose to So. Miss...that is why arrogance will be his down fall.  Les was so lucky to even get into the title game.

Of course I don't understand LSU fan's obsession with calling us AR-Kansas...didn't we beat them at death valley?  Oh well, a few more losses in years to come should clear that up!

Go HOGS & Go Petrino!

Tammany Tom

Quote from: Hawgballz on February 04, 2008, 10:19:31 am

Correct. He doesn't have the core grades and isn't anywhere near a qualifying ACT test score.

Quote from: dougieritch on February 04, 2008, 10:41:10 am
I agree, Les figured they are the big dogs and would never lose to So. Miss...that is why arrogance will be his down fall.  Les was so lucky to even get into the title game.

You can hate on LSU all you want, but try to use just a little common sense and logic when it comes to recruiting. Here you have one of the top WR's in the nation who is coveted by every major program in the country. Every single major program offered him. He wanted to go to LSU and play along with one of his best friends and former high school teammate Richard Dickson our starting TE this year.

Do you really believe that he is going to Southern Miss (even though everyone wants his services including Ole Miss, State, Bama, Auburn, LSU, Florida State who are all close by his home) because LSU is so arrogant and doesn't lay out the red carpet treatment for him? Get real. LSU wanted him bad and he has basically been all LSU for two years now. He never got his qualifying test score and his core grades aren't good enough to get into a SEC school. LSU wanted to sign and place him at Hargrave or at a JUCO, but he and his mother are unwilling to go that route. Southern Miss gave him the opportunity to sign even though he in all likelyhood won't qualify there either.

This is a sad story and it is not sad because he isn't going to LSU. It's sad because here is a kid with all-world potential and had the opportunity of a lifetime to get a full scholarship to play at any SEC school and he didn't work hard enough in his academics and can't qualify to play for a SEC program. In all likelyhood he may never see a college football field and to me that is a true shame for kid with that much talent.

Conway4Hogs

Your heart has to go out to Less miles and that whole bunch of corndogs

upperdeck_hawg

tamTom's version sounds very solid. no way this kid up and turns down 3 SEC schools for Southern Miss without a good reason.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

TheNuttlessFrontier

Quote from: Tomhog™ on February 04, 2008, 10:13:39 am
I don't know what he's talking about, either.  But here is something nice from Tiggerdroppings.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=7079252

Sour grapes!  LOL!  That thread is good bulletin board material for Nelson when we play LSU.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Tomhog™ on February 04, 2008, 10:13:39 am
I don't know what he's talking about, either.  But here is something nice from Tiggerdroppings.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=7079252

Some of those people over there are soooo full of chit and themselves.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

SPAL

Quote from: Tammany Tom on February 04, 2008, 11:01:52 am
Correct. He doesn't have the core grades and isn't anywhere near a qualifying ACT test score.

You can hate on LSU all you want, but try to use just a little common sense and logic when it comes to recruiting. Here you have one of the top WR's in the nation who is coveted by every major program in the country. Every single major program offered him. He wanted to go to LSU and play along with one of his best friends and former high school teammate Richard Dickson our starting TE this year.

Do you really believe that he is going to Southern Miss (even though everyone wants his services including Ole Miss, State, Bama, Auburn, LSU, Florida State who are all close by his home) because LSU is so arrogant and doesn't lay out the red carpet treatment for him? Get real. LSU wanted him bad and he has basically been all LSU for two years now. He never got his qualifying test score and his core grades aren't good enough to get into a SEC school. LSU wanted to sign and place him at Hargrave or at a JUCO, but he and his mother are unwilling to go that route. Southern Miss gave him the opportunity to sign even though he in all likelyhood won't qualify there either.

This is a sad story and it is not sad because he isn't going to LSU. It's sad because here is a kid with all-world potential and had the opportunity of a lifetime to get a full scholarship to play at any SEC school and he didn't work hard enough in his academics and can't qualify to play for a SEC program. In all likelyhood he may never see a college football field and to me that is a true shame for kid with that much talent.

+1...more likely the case than saying les is too arrogant to recruit him. I for one appreciate your outsider opinion.

Tammany Tom

February 04, 2008, 02:23:50 pm #18 Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 03:00:19 pm by Tammany Tom
Quote from: Conway4Hogs on February 04, 2008, 11:41:33 am
Your heart has to go out to Less miles and that whole bunch of corndogs

My heart goes out to the kid. I've been following him for 2 years now. He has everything that you would want in a WR (size, hands, precise route running, & excellent ability to run after the catch). He had the talent to play for any school in the country and wanted to play for a SEC program just like almost every kid in the SE USA does. Everyone was recruiting him and I mean everyone. LSU is by far the closest major school to Ocean Springs and a huge percentage of the people that live on the MS gulf coast are LSU fans. He wanted to play with one of his best friends from high school that is our starting TE. Because of grade issues and a low test score he now can't play in the conference that he wanted to play in and with the school he wanted to.

LSU will be fine. He wasn't going to play for LSU next year anyway even if he did sign with us. We will sign a 5 star,  two 4 stars, and high 3 star WR's in this class along with the talented WR's already on the roster.

I try to look at the human aspect of this more than LSU lost out on a 5 star WR. From what I hear he may never see a college football field because of his academic status and that is shame for a kid with that much talent.   

jgphillips3

Quote from: Tammany Tom on February 04, 2008, 02:23:50 pm
My heart goes out to the kid. I've been following him for 2 years now. He has everything that you would want in a WR (size, hands, precise route running, & excellent ability to run after the catch). He had the talent to play for any school in the country and wanted to play for a SEC program just like almost every kid in the SE USA does. Everyone was recruiting him and I mean everyone. LSU is by far the closest major school to Ocean Springs and a huge percentage of the people that live on the MS gulf coast are LSU fans. He wanted to play with one of his best friends from high school that is our starting TE. Because of grade issues and a low test score he now can't play in the conference that he wanted to play in and with the school he wanted to.

LSU will be fine. He wasn't going to play for LSU next year anyway even if he did sign with us. We will sign a 5 star,  two 4 stars, and high 3 star WR's in this class along with the talented WR's already on the roster.

I try to look at the human aspect of this more than LSU lost out on a 5 star WR. From what I hear he may never see a college football field because of his academic status and that is shame for a kid with that much talent.   

I certainly agree with you on one thing, LSU won't be hurting from not having this kid.  They are loaded with talent every year and it was most certainly grades that spelled the end of him playing High D-1 ball.

Smoke Green

February 04, 2008, 08:02:39 pm #20 Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 10:02:08 pm by Smoke Green
Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on February 04, 2008, 12:06:58 pm
tamTom's version sounds very solid. no way this kid up and turns down 3 SEC schools for Southern Miss without a good reason.

bottom line: the SEC doesn't allow partial qualifiers, and C-USA does.  signing w/USM allows Brown to grab a scholly, practice/compete/play, and have three yrs. of eligibility.  he could earn a fourth yr., but i doubt he stays that long.

no way he was signing w/any SEC school, much less LSU (interesting that Bower never signed partials while HC). anyway,   hope it works out for Brown.  he gets to stay in-state and showcase his talents.  great athletic ability. w/ Tony Hughes and Frank Wilson, USM is pulling a solid class for a mid-major.

Purple Tiger

Nelson is a good player but never offered by LSU. With 25 schollies,Tigers have to fill needs. Should be several 4 star RBs and Dbs that will be seniors next year. Randle should be a 4 or 5 star receiver and he is Tigers to lose.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Tammany Tom on February 04, 2008, 11:01:52 am

Had to fix that for 'ya.  A kid like that in Nutt's offense is like tits on a boar Hog!

SamBuckhart

Maybe Less can help other schools with ther akademics. Maybe a jografy class.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!