Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas still has a chance with Winston Guy if Petrino calls him

Started by imhogwild2, January 31, 2008, 07:04:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

imhogwild2

What Winston Guy told me was "they never got in touch with me since coach vaughn left with coach nutt, im still a little bit intrested (in Arkansas) but i thinking im stiking with kentucky".

Someone needs to get Petrino to call Winston Guy.
Bring back slobbering hog. Member Since 12/1/2006

JIHawg

Shizzle

Could Hogville be in the verge of its first verbal? The power of internet boards amazing. People post things so fast it messes you up.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

hog_fan

Maybe we can get him brought in for a visit this weekend.

The real Hogules

For those who don't know Winston Guy is a four star safety from the state of Kentucky.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

oldfart

why did he decommit? it was long before the MS Mafia left.....any thoughts?

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

1longshot

didn't someone state that guy might end up having some serious academic concerns.
if so have those issues been resolved?

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

4razorbacksinky

Quote from: 1longshot on January 31, 2008, 11:04:54 pm
didn't someone state that guy might end up having some serious academic concerns.

I doubt if he has serious academic concerns. He goes to Lex Cath. It is a top notch school, both academically and athletically.

He must still be interested in us. ESPiN still has us listed as his 2nd choice.
Fear the Tusks!

VenturaHog

Quote from: 1longshot on January 31, 2008, 11:04:54 pm

Nutt and the GOBN usually start rumors like this when a recruit de-commits.

The_Hill

Quote from: The real Hogules on January 31, 2008, 10:24:50 pm
For those who don't know Winston Guy is a four star safety from the state of Kentucky.
three star he got demoted when he decommited from us...doesn't change the fact that we need him
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

jgphillips3

RazorAg

Quote from: The_Hill on January 31, 2008, 11:50:09 pm
three star he got demoted when he decommited from us...doesn't change the fact that we need him

Correct, but a 4-star on Scout.

Kevin Bacon

Decommitted not long after KY beat us; claimed it had to do with the coaching drama on the hill and uncertainty over the coaching situation.  I doubt he really wanted to be here after KY had success.

The Boar War

Quote from: imhogwild2 on January 31, 2008, 07:04:53 pm
What Winston Guy told me was "they never got in touch with me since coach vaughn left with coach nutt, im still a little bit intrested (in Arkansas) but i thinking im stiking with kentucky".

Someone needs to get Petrino to call Winston Guy.

He seems a little offended that we haven't called.   

songofthesword

KY Hog Man

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on January 31, 2008, 10:52:13 pm
Cause Kentucky was hot at the time, and Arkansas still had Nuttsack.

He also was receiving pressure from his mother to stay home.

The_Hill

I asked about Winston weeks ago when we first got Bobby P.  I really wish we would have at least considered him before this late in the game.
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

antiono hogderas

I think we should give it a shot. We need as many db's as we can get at this late date. I would think any decent kid that can play db and is even slightly interested, we would be in contact with at this point in time. I guess we shall see.

PorkRyan

Quote from: 4razorbacksinky on January 31, 2008, 11:46:22 pm
I doubt if he has serious academic concerns. He goes to Lex Cath. It is a top notch school, both academically and athletically.

He must still be interested in us. ESPiN still has us listed as his 2nd choice.

I've seen it posted on other boards, even when he was committed to us, that he will not qualify. 

RZRBack_FAN

The kid wants to stay home let him. Cant get mad at a guy for that. Wish Joe Adams would do the same.

jep_hog_fan

Quote from: Kevin Bacon on February 01, 2008, 12:09:21 am
Decommitted not long after KY beat us; claimed it had to do with the coaching drama on the hill and uncertainty over the coaching situation.  I doubt he really wanted to be here after KY had success.

I would venture on a limb to say KY won't have the success they've had in recent years. So come aboard Winston.

4razorbacksinky

Quote from: jep_hog_fan on February 01, 2008, 08:11:45 am
I would venture on a limb to say KY won't have the success they've had in recent years. So come aboard Winston.

They will certainly be down this year. They lose their top four offensive skill players to graduation. Offensive line loses a couple and defense will lose some as well. It's a rebuilding year up here and it's a beautiful thing.
Fear the Tusks!

bobcat ball

Do you think that Petrino knows of his interest or is it something that he has moved on from and ruled out this late in the game because we are in desperate need of DB's and it looks like BP is recruiting the best athletes he can at this point just trying to fill in the secondary holes that were left by the last staff.  Because I know as well as we all do that not all of these kids will be RB's and WR's and Arkansas I don't care what anybody says.
WOO PIG

jb11

Is it against the law for a recruit to call the coach?  It goes both ways.  If he was still interested he should have called BP and said so.

HogNuttz

I certainly wouldn't hang the next 4 years of my future on what KY has done in one year.

Rafael Little and one of, if not the best QB in the college game (Woodson) are both gone.  KY might very well be back to their normal spot in the conference standings next year.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

BealeStreet

This is my first year watching this stuff intently and I have seen it really gets down to the last second nutt and bolts,punn intended lol,big recruits that are still left out there about now making last second visits seem to have academic problems...... Coaches letting some hand out to dry at the last second.

jackflash

If they can't get him this weekend, is there still time say Monday or Tuesday. I think there a period before Feb 6 you can't talk to them..

Kevin Bacon

Quote from: jep_hog_fan on February 01, 2008, 08:11:45 am

I am inclined to agree.  Winston Guy, come on down!

MinowBucket

Quote from: diehardfan on February 01, 2008, 11:04:38 am
Is it against the law for a recruit to call the coach?  It goes both ways.  If he was still interested he should have called BP and said so.

Exactly!!!! He should make it known to the coaches if he was interested!!! By decommitting that doesn't show much interest!

go hogues

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 31, 2008, 11:58:40 pm
Perhaps the Petrino factor has impacted his thinking...
That and the possibility that he now realizes UK is going nowhere fast in the football world.  If he were smart, he would reconsider the Hogs.  Hopefully, our coaches will do their part and get him on the phone.  We need the DB's...bad.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: 4razorbacksinky on February 01, 2008, 10:51:41 am
They will certainly be down this year. They lose their top four offensive skill players to graduation. Offensive line loses a couple and defense will lose some as well. It's a rebuilding year up here and it's a beautiful thing.

That's cold R-Sinky....lol  but true.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

4razorbacksinky

Quote from: HogNuttz on February 01, 2008, 11:17:07 am
I certainly wouldn't hang the next 4 years of my future on what KY has done in one year.

Rafael Little and one of, if not the best QB in the college game (Woodson) are both gone.  KY might very well be back to their normal spot in the conference standings next year.

Don't forget the receiver and tight end along with a part of the o-line!
Fear the Tusks!

PigTimePlayer

Quote from: jackflash on February 01, 2008, 01:41:02 pm
If they can't get him this weekend, is there still time say Monday or Tuesday. I think there a period before Feb 6 you can't talk to them..

I think that Monday and Tuesday are a dead period, no contact.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

4razorbacksinky

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on February 01, 2008, 09:33:16 pm
That's cold R-Sinky....lol  but true.

It may be cold, but you wouldn't believe the crap I put up with up here. It's like I shouldn't root for the Razorbacks because I live inside the boundaries of the Almighty Bluegrass and that is Cat's territory. Just to tick them off a little more, my second team is L'ville. Talk about cold. Some folks here hate me. If you are ever in Lexington for a ballgame and a fight breaks out between one guy in red and a bunch of blueclad folks, come running. It's probably me. I stir the pot every chance I get.

One more thing, my four year old calls the hogs at church often. LOL.
Fear the Tusks!

ksrazorback

Kind of sounds like Arkansas, we may have Little Ken-tucky worried a bit...

"Cats need to take care of backyard
With signing day fast approaching it is important that Kentucky stand guard and protect its backyard. Kentucky cannot afford to allow area athletes like Winston Guy and Aaron Boyd to continue to leave the Bluegrass to play football elsewhere if there is to be a perennial SEC contender residing in Lexington."
http://kentucky.scout.com/a.z?s=48&p=2&c=723123&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fkentucky.scout.com%2f2%2f723123.html

:razorback: Go Razorbacks.... Go-getum Tim    :razorback:    :razorback:
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

big dread hog

Pulley redshirted last yr. Pulley is the best athlete to come out of KY in the last 10 yrs, if he had played safety as he should have then he would be the top S choice in next yr's NFL draft. Mr. Basketball and could help the current KY BB team. KY has plenty of talent and will be switching to more Joker Phillips control which can only be good when Rich Brooks is having an Alzheimer's day.

LR Hog

Like a boss.

razorbass

Quote from: 4razorbacksinky on February 02, 2008, 10:36:25 am
It may be cold, but you wouldn't believe the crap I put up with up here. It's like I shouldn't root for the Razorbacks because I live inside the boundaries of the Almighty Bluegrass and that is Cat's territory. Just to tick them off a little more, my second team is L'ville. Talk about cold. Some folks here hate me. If you are ever in Lexington for a ballgame and a fight breaks out between one guy in red and a bunch of blueclad folks, come running. It's probably me. I stir the pot every chance I get.

One more thing, my four year old calls the hogs at church often. LOL.
Tell me about it, I was born in Kentucky, But I have lived in Arkansas for 45 years. So as far as I can remember I've always been a Razorback. However most all my kin live in Kentucky, and try to remind me where I'm from. I tell them Arkansas :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

4razorbacksinky

Quote from: razorbass on February 02, 2008, 08:02:44 pm
Tell me about it, I was born in Kentucky, But I have lived in Arkansas for 45 years. So as far as I can remember I've always been a Razorback. However most all my kin live in Kentucky, and try to remind me where I'm from. I tell them Arkansas :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Yeah, I live in KY but I'm from Arkansas.

I hadn't lived here long and wore my Arkansas hat to a HS game(Actually, the Tamme Kid played that night). A guy approached me and said that I must not have lived here long. When I questioned him on his statement, he said that I still had my hat. I told him "no one had been man enough to take it from me." I also encouraged him to try and told him it wouldn't come cheap. I told him it would take a lot of blood sweat and tears and most would be his. He said he had been a Razorback fan when he first moved here and had changed to Wildcats. I told him he never was a Razorback fan, he just merely followed the team. I told him once a Razorback, always a Razorback. He didn't like it to much. I still wear that hat and drive my truck with my Razorback plate on the front! Lovin' every minute of it!
Fear the Tusks!