Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Matt Hall

Started by mizzouman, January 28, 2008, 03:37:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mizzouman

Got a note from someone who knows about Matt Hall's visiit to Mizzou.

I know you hear/read the same things after every recruit visits, but it appears that the Tigers really impressed Hall during his visit according to his HC Jeff Holt. Really likes the campus and facilities along with the football aspect. Keep your fingers crossed.

For What it's Worth.

Conway4Hogs

Quote from: mizzouman on January 28, 2008, 03:37:18 pm

I know you hear/read the same things after every recruit visits, but it appears that the Tigers really impressed Hall during his visit according to his HC Jeff Holt. Really likes the campus and facilities along with the football aspect. Keep your fingers crossed.

For What it's Worth.
What do you expect from Us Hog Fans?   I will keep my fingers crossed that we get to play you again now that we have a real coaching staff!!

wholehog92

yeah, I've got my fingers crossed all right.  What did you expect the H.C. to say?  No H.C. wants to pi55 off a college coach.  They may have a kid they think deserves a look that isn't getting any attention later.  It helps not to have made them mad at some point in the past over a meaningless quote.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

mizzouman

I'm just passing along info.  I don't think where an 18 year old kid goes to college should change anyone's life on here.  I was just passing some information to you guys because I know how much you enjoy recruiting.

LAHOGG

Matt Hall has said the same thing after every visit he has made about the school he just visited.  The kid just doesn't seem to want to hurt any feelings in these interviews.  He'll be a hog.

OnYourToes

Quote from: mizzouman on January 28, 2008, 03:53:09 pm
I'm just passing along info.  I don't think where an 18 year old kid goes to college should change anyone's life on here.  I was just passing some information to you guys because I know how much you enjoy recruiting.

Exactly what a Missouri football fan would say.

Mizzou Football, tradition since September.

I am not saying that one recruit will change my life as a Hog fan but it will make it a lot better in August.  Matt Hall is an instate kid that has the talent and size to contribute to any football team the day he steps on campus.  I hope it is our campus (THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS) he chooses to step foot on.

Thanks for passing along the info.
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

Tomhog™

Quote from: gnick4 on January 28, 2008, 03:41:26 pm
Keep our fingers crossed for what? Him to go to Missouri? You might need to go back to your own board and post.

He was simply quoting what one Mizzou fan said to another.  He wasn't telling us to keep them crossed.

mizzouman

Quote from: OnYourToes on January 28, 2008, 04:05:07 pm
Exactly what a Missouri football fan would say.

Mizzou Football, tradition since September.

I am not saying that one recruit will change my life as a Hog fan but it will make it a lot better in August.  Matt Hall is an instate kid that has the talent and size to contribute to any football team the day he steps on campus.  I hope it is our campus (THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS) he chooses to step foot on.

Thanks for passing along the info.

You are welcome for ths information.  I'm sure Matt Hall will be a Hog.  I'm just passing the information along from someone who knows.

Tomhog™

Maybe it should read like this to be more clear:

Got a note from someone who knows about Matt Hall's visiit to Mizzou:

"I know you hear/read the same things after every recruit visits, but it appears that the Tigers really impressed Hall during his visit according to his HC Jeff Holt. Really likes the campus and facilities along with the football aspect. Keep your fingers crossed."

For What it's Worth.

Dropkick

Quote from: mizzouman on January 28, 2008, 04:19:47 pm
You are welcome for ths information.  I'm sure Matt Hall will be a Hog.  I'm just passing the information along from someone who knows.
Thanks for the info. I met some real classy Mizzou fans at the Cotton Bowl. No hard feelings here. Good luck this season.

OKhogfan1959

Unless Jeff Holt has a son that's going to play SEC caliber ball? Who cares if he's out kissing up to Mizzou. I don't! he isn't going to tell a kid where to go to college. I had two that were recruited. We decided and let the coahes know what we dedided. It's not good to have a coach firing shots across the bow at THE state Football Program. Doesn't matter what the guy thinks really.

Dropkick

Unless he drank the kool-aid at Oxford I think Hall will be a Hog. I don't think he is going to Missouri either but what do I know.

Tomhog™

Quote from: gnick4 on January 28, 2008, 04:35:18 pm
You know I am sure that he meant well but.... How many times do you go to another program's board and leave a message about someone that we are both recruiting?

"Hey we had Jim Bob in this weekend and he absolutely loved his visit and our coach. Just thought I would drop you a message and let you know how well our visit with him went."

Are you kidding me? You might not find that offensive but I think most people would. Now if he came on and said that Matt liked the visit to Mizzou but loved Arkansas, well that would be okay. Maybe I am just cranky and having a bad day. If so, then ignore me and go back to your regular posting!

All I know is Arkansas fans are the worst at going to other fan boards and doing this.  They also throw in a lot of smack with it.

mizzouman

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 28, 2008, 04:25:05 pm
Maybe it should read like this to be more clear:

Got a note from someone who knows about Matt Hall's visiit to Mizzou:

"I know you hear/read the same things after every recruit visits, but it appears that the Tigers really impressed Hall during his visit according to his HC Jeff Holt. Really likes the campus and facilities along with the football aspect. Keep your fingers crossed."

For What it's Worth.

True.  I thought the "got a note" would eliminate the need for the quotes.  Oh well.

mizzouman

Quote from: gnick4 on January 28, 2008, 04:35:18 pm
You know I am sure that he meant well but.... How many times do you go to another program's board and leave a message about someone that we are both recruiting?

"Hey we had Jim Bob in this weekend and he absolutely loved his visit and our coach. Just thought I would drop you a message and let you know how well our visit with him went."

Are you kidding me? You might not find that offensive but I think most people would. Now if he came on and said that Matt liked the visit to Mizzou but loved Arkansas, well that would be okay. Maybe I am just cranky and having a bad day. If so, then ignore me and go back to your regular posting!

You are ignore, no hard feelings.  :-)

Dropkick

All in goodfun. (I hope)

Dropkick

Tomhog-

You've got me worried about Jim Bob now. I thought he was solid? Is he still taking visits?

Dropkick

Sorry Tomhog, I meant gnick4.

hillhog

Thanks mizzouman, along the lines of another Hog fan, I met some Mizzou bb fans at the game in BWA this year, nice folks, easy to converse with. Good luck in the future, but Go Hogs.

LAHOGG

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 28, 2008, 04:47:21 pm
All I know is Arkansas fans are the worst at going to other fan boards and doing this.  They also throw in a lot of smack with it.

You ain't kiddin!  I've been trying to get info from other boards today and just about every school we are recruiting against has some idiot Arkansas fan talking smack on it.  Its embarrasing.  There was even a couple guys aggitating the Trojan fans.  Although I know USC fans are morons I still feel like we shouldn't be trying to talk smack about there team at this point. 

Dropkick

Ditto. They have made a habit of lighting our @sses up.

UAMS_Hog_Fan

Quote from: mizzouman on January 28, 2008, 03:37:18 pm

For What it's Worth.

You should keep your fingers crossed that Nebraska doesn't return to prominence.  You should keep your fingers crossed that Hawkins doesn't turn Colorado around.  You should keep your fingers crossed that we don't bring up that Independence Bowl whipping that we gave Mizzou not to long ago.  Your program is a joke and will always be a joke.  That was your first New Year's Day bowl in how many years? 

Considering our coaching situation in the Cotton Bowl, your bragging about beating us is like me bragging about sleeping with a stripper. 

Dropkick

What's wrong with bragging about sleeping with a stripper?

Dropkick

Female stripper right?

UAMS_Hog_Fan

Quote from: Dropkick on January 28, 2008, 05:19:43 pm
Female stripper right?

LOL, yeah female stripper.  I guess I should clarify.

There is nothing wrong with bragging about sleeping with a stripper, lol.  It's just what have you accomplished?  I guess I should have said it would be like "sleeping with a prostitute."  Everyone expects you to be able to sleep with a prostitute.  Considering our coaching situation, it should be no surprise that Mizzou could be us.

Hogblog

Quote from: UAMS_Hog_Fan on January 28, 2008, 05:15:46 pm
You should keep your fingers crossed that Nebraska doesn't return to prominence.  You should keep your fingers crossed that Hawkins doesn't turn Colorado around.  You should keep your fingers crossed that we don't bring up that Independence Bowl whipping that we gave Mizzou not to long ago.  Your program is a joke and will always be a joke.  That was your first New Year's Day bowl in how many years? 

Considering our coaching situation in the Cotton Bowl, your bragging about beating us is like me bragging about sleeping with a working girl. 

Fixed..........

Dropkick

Would like another shot at Mizzou with Petrino running the show.

mizzouman

Quote from: UAMS_Hog_Fan on January 28, 2008, 05:15:46 pm

Considering our coaching situation in the Cotton Bowl, your bragging about beating us is like me bragging about sleeping with a stripper. 

Hmm, bad day at work.  I understand.  No hard feelings.  After all, I can understand how letting peolple know about Hall's visit to Mizzou could be mistaken for bragging about kicking your ass in the Cotton Bowl.  If you took it that way, I apologize with the utmost contrition.

Dropkick

I wondered how long you could take it. LOL!

Greyhands

Quote from: mizzouman on January 28, 2008, 05:32:52 pm
Hmm, bad day at work.  I understand.  No hard feelings.  After all, I can understand how letting peolple know about Hall's visit to Mizzou could be mistaken for bragging about kicking your ass in the Cotton Bowl.  If you took it that way, I apologize with the utmost contrition.
Yes u did kick our ass nice of you to point that out u little turd lol. But no hard feelings the game sucked but it was to be expected with the head coach we had at the time .

Until we meet again

PiggyBack

Quote from: WholeHogSmoker on January 28, 2008, 06:21:53 pm
I will crush you.  And you will know a new meaning of pain.

*thick Russian accent*

"I must break you."
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

UAMS_Hog_Fan

QuoteHmm, bad day at work.  I understand.  No hard feelings.  After all, I can understand how letting peolple know about Hall's visit to Mizzou could be mistaken for bragging about kichttp://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=post;topic=202197.0;num_replies=31
Post replyking your ass in the Cotton Bowl.  If you took it that way, I apologize with the utmost contrition.

Does Mizzou not have a board yet?  I don't come on your board and tell you that you should get a quarterback that doesn't need a stool to get the peanut butter off the top shelf of the pantry.  You know exactly what you were doing by coming on here and trying to rub it in our face that Hall visited Mizzou.  Common sense would tell you that your post would be taken the wrong way. 

Judging by your commitment list, I could see why you would be so excited about a 4-star recruiting coming to visit.  I count 13 (actually 1 5 star and 12 4 stars) since 2004.  Your one 5 star is Gabbert, and you wouldn't have him if Callahan had not been fired.  For Arkansas, I count 21 since 2004 (2 5 stars and 19 4 stars).  Even though we had Nutt as a coach, we still out recruited Mizzou.  Hall will be no different.

ArKan5a5 KiD

For what its worth some guy called in to DTS and said that he had spoken to Matt today and he told him that he will be a Hog so take that for what its worth!  :razorback:

UAMS_Hog_Fan

QuoteWow UAMS_Hog_fan...the name is a good smoke screen cause that was quite a display of classlessness (unlike most of the folks I know associated with UAMS).  Carry on you insecure Hog fans...it is so sad and pathetic, and (just like Houston Nutt) a tradition that needs to go away...SOON!

You are probably right, I went a little overboard with the comment.  And on second though, yeah it probably was a little class less.  But, can you honestly tell me that he wasn't trying to come on this board and start something??

QuoteGot a note from someone who knows about Matt Hall's visiit to Mizzou.

For What it's Worth.

Why would we keep our fingers crossed that a 4-star instate player goes to Mizzou?

FBREW000

Quote from: UAMS_Hog_Fan on January 28, 2008, 06:40:34 pm
You are probably right, I went a little overboard with the comment.  And on second though, yeah it probably was a little class less.  But, can you honestly tell me that he wasn't trying to come on this board and start something??

Why would we keep our fingers crossed that a 4-star instate player goes to Mizzou?

LOLOLOL, Looks like it worked, he got you goin

mizzouman

January 28, 2008, 09:07:41 pm #35 Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 09:16:02 pm by mizzouman
Quote from: UAMS_Hog_Fan on January 28, 2008, 06:35:38 pm
Does Mizzou not have a board yet?  I don't come on your board and tell you that you should get a quarterback that doesn't need a stool to get the peanut butter off the top shelf of the pantry.  You know exactly what you were doing by coming on here and trying to rub it in our face that Hall visited Mizzou.  Common sense would tell you that your post would be taken the wrong way. 

Judging by your commitment list, I could see why you would be so excited about a 4-star recruiting coming to visit.  I count 13 (actually 1 5 star and 12 4 stars) since 2004.  Your one 5 star is Gabbert, and you wouldn't have him if Callahan had not been fired.  For Arkansas, I count 21 since 2004 (2 5 stars and 19 4 stars).  Even though we had Nutt as a coach, we still out recruited Mizzou.  Hall will be no different.

Out recruited since 2004 perhaps, but just couldn't win a football game against us.  Now, that's pretty sad.  Have a great day!!!!

mizzouman

Quote from: thalilcrzydawg on January 28, 2008, 06:38:32 pm
For what its worth some guy called in to DTS and said that he had spoken to Matt today and he told him that he will be a Hog so take that for what its worth!  :razorback:

I think he'll be a Hog in the end.  Can't blame a guy for wanting to go to his home state school.  I wish him the best whatever he decides.

mizzouman

Please read my orignial post CAREFULLY.  I said he wrote that to ME.  HE was telling ME to keep MY fingers crossed.  I was not telling the Hog fans to keep their fingers crossed that he goes to Mizzou. 

mizzouman

Quote from: The Restless Native on January 28, 2008, 07:00:38 pm
In no way did we own them in the Independence Bowl, but they sure as hell owned us in the Cotton Bowl.  I know, cause I was groaning with all the other freezing Hog fans who sat there and experienced this ass kicking first hand.  In fact, I was at both games...no comparrison!

Hogville tailgated with some great Mizzou fans at the Independence Bowl.  In fact, some of those fans have joined this board per our invites (just like we have invited fans from So.Cal., Bama, LSU and other schools).  We will continue to do so, too.  Posterrs like LSUFan, JoeSC, Crimson, GatorHog, VolFan have been solid members of Hogville -- and good friends.

I was at both games as well.  My I took two of my boys:  one is a Hog fan and the other is a Mizzou fan.  At least I knew someone was going home happy. 

You kicked us pretty good at the Indy Bowl as far as the score was concerned but the stats were pretty close.  The Cotton Bowl was another story.  We definately caught the Hogs on a bad day. 

I think Matt Hall will become a Razorback in the end.  The post was just to say that, according to his coach, Matt Hall has some thinking to do.

Oklahawg

Mizzouman, thanks for the info. I apologize for my hog brethren who are a bit dense. The hangover from the post-HDN party is still lurking for some of us.

Its par-for-the-course to jab in the ribs a bit to visitors from other schools, but some of the comments are too much. Sorry.

You guys should go check the post history of Tammany Tom (LSU), JoeSC (USC-W) and MSUDawg64 (Miss State). They are quality posters who bring a lot to hogville. Just because they don't root for the hogs doesn't diminish -- too much :) -- their additions here.

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

And there's nothing wrong with bragging about sleeping with a female stripper. Even if you aren't a male poster :) :) :)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Bugscuffle

LOL.....This is a classic example of how a simple misinterpretation can really get folks fired up. I love the passion, but man we can get down in the gutters quick around here ;)

Funny thread though, and Mizzouman certainly has all the ammunition he needs for the last laugh.

mizzouman

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 28, 2008, 09:16:33 pm
Mizzouman, thanks for the info. I apologize for my hog brethren who are a bit dense. The hangover from the post-HDN party is still lurking for some of us.

Its par-for-the-course to jab in the ribs a bit to visitors from other schools, but some of the comments are too much. Sorry.

You guys should go check the post history of Tammany Tom (LSU), JoeSC (USC-W) and MSUDawg64 (Miss State). They are quality posters who bring a lot to hogville. Just because they don't root for the hogs doesn't diminish -- too much :) -- their additions here.

Thanks, no need to apologize.  I understand how these boards work. 

Mizzouman could have said don't take that Cotton Bowl ass kicking personal.

hawgwash

Quote from: UAMS_Hog_Fan on January 28, 2008, 05:25:07 pm
LOL, yeah female stripper.  I guess I should clarify.

There is nothing wrong with bragging about sleeping with a stripper, lol.  It's just what have you accomplished?  I guess I should have said it would be like "sleeping with a prostitute."  Everyone expects you to be able to sleep with a prostitute.  Considering our coaching situation, it should be no surprise that Mizzou could be us.
Probably the same thing Mizzou fans got from their Cotton Bowl victory.  A long term memory of a short term great feeling.   :D

SquidBilly

So has anybody actually heard anything from Matt since his visit this past weekend?  Does he still plan to be here this weekend?  Does anyone know which way he is leaning at this point?  I suspect since he still hasn't decommitted that we have the best shot but I would have thought someone would have spoken to him again by now.

Tomhog™

But, can you honestly tell me that he wasn't trying to come on this board and start something??

I can honestly tell you he wasn't trying to come here and start something.  A guy with 384 posts doesn't come on here just to start things.  He'd be banned before he got to 100.  Some posters like to go to different teams boards.  I go to almost all the SEC boards and talk about different subjects.  I've seen a lot of his posts.  They are mainly for information.

PiggyBack

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 29, 2008, 02:05:32 pm
I can honestly tell you he wasn't trying to come here and start something.  A guy with 384 posts doesn't come on here just to start things.  He'd be banned before he got to 100.  Some posters like to go to different teams boards.  I go to almost all the SEC boards and talk about different subjects.  I've seen a lot of his posts.  They are mainly for information.

I've visited lots of other boards and have been welcomed by all except rebelfaithful.com.  That bunch is classless and lives in an alternate reality.
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

tophawg19

kind of like woo.pig?
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

mizzouman

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 29, 2008, 02:05:32 pm

Thanks Tomhog.  I come on here because I went to Mizzou and grew up in Missouri, obviously, but have been living in Little Rock since 1988, except for 4 years in Detroit and one in Memphis.  So, I have an affection for the Razorbacks although I'm a HUGE Mizzou fan.