Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who do we target first in 09?

Started by ListenHereMister, January 22, 2008, 10:57:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TX HOG

I would to see us get into texas and get some from Oklahoma and Texas. 

gohogsgo006

Quote from: back2back on February 07, 2008, 05:41:36 pm
This kid is a 6'5 brother at Harding Academy in Tenn. You guys in Searcy don't every have anything but caucasians.

haha
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

SquidBilly

Quote from: jj1121 on February 07, 2008, 04:36:57 pm
http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=74756&Sport=1

Smiley's rivals page.  Anyone seen him play?

His picture looks exactly like a lot of the 2 star and no star athletes on Rivals did this year.  :)

Shakey

sivad53

the harding in searcy is not the only harding do some research before you try to act like your paying attention!

LM RZRBCK 29

Quote from: sivad53 on February 07, 2008, 07:55:43 pm
the harding in searcy is not the only harding do some research before you try to act like your paying attention!

And your 28 post qualify you to judge someone else?
Quote from: NeverYield on April 15, 2011, 10:02:02 am
How do you know if you're done whiping?  Sniff the TP?

Quote from: OtterHog on April 15, 2011, 10:05:16 am
Its all about feel. It took years of training. Very rarely have I had to go back in for mop-up duty.

LM RZRBCK 29

Quote from: back2back on February 07, 2008, 05:41:36 pm
This kid is a 6'5 brother at Harding Academy in Tenn. You guys in Searcy don't ever have anything but caucasians.

LOL Im glad you changed your original post that said, "You guys in Searcy dont every have nothing but caucasians."

Its all about feel. It took years of training. Very rarely have I had to go back in for mop-up duty.

back2back

Yeah, I happened to catch that luckily
FTS = Feed the Studs

sivad53

Quote from: RazorLance™ on February 07, 2008, 05:29:15 pm
Im from Searcy and Harding Academy always has a very, very talented football team. They get a lot of talent to go and play there instead of staying in public school at Searcy. Part of the reason Searcy hasn't done jack squat since Dacus graduated. I dont know if HA has D1 talent but a lot of thier players go on and play at Harding Univ. I dont know of the kid you speak of but i can look into it and see what i can find out about him.
Just seemed like you were being a smart a, no big deal though.

Oklahawg

Regarding Webb in Owasso, UA softball has a pipeline to Owasso. I would imagine we give him a strong push.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

LM RZRBCK 29

Quote from: sivad53 on February 07, 2008, 08:58:31 pm
Just seemed like you were being a smart a, no big deal though.

How was stating that i am from Searcy sound like being a smart A?

Flatline

I like the fact that we offered the kid from Texas.  In the past we would have never even tried.  I expect that this coach will go after numerous 5* recruits and expect to get them.  I expect he recruits like Saban.

sivad53

Man seriously if i took it the wrong way i apologize thats just they way i took it at the time

LM RZRBCK 29

Quote from: sivad53 on February 07, 2008, 09:44:06 pm
Man seriously if i took it the wrong way i apologize thats just they way i took it at the time

You did take it the wrong way but i was just wondering how you took it that way. I was just saying i lived in searcy. Its cool though. No childish games.

PigDaddyKane

Not a 2009 guy, but 2010, we need to start working on Michael Dyer from Little Rock Christian.
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

TX HOG

didn't we offer dmac a schollie when he was like 16 years old?

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Quote from: arkhog9 on January 23, 2008, 09:42:24 am
Why keep dreaming?  If I'm not mistaken, this kid has had Arkansas listed as one of his favorite schools for quite some time.  Now, Arkansas has made a big upgrade with Petrino.  Shepherd would be behind Mallett, and being the fastest of the quarterbacks, we would probably see him used as Tebow in 2006 and Perilloux in 2007.
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: I love the defeatist attitude that is very apparent with alot on this board in regards to big-time recruits.
     Keep on dreaming? Why! He could commit to us just as well as anybody else. We will start targeting the 5 star players across the country this season, bank on it! In the past we were afraid to do so, because the staff was all defeatist. Things have changed and we have a new regime in place. We will lock down the state and the region and get the boys we want. After that we will take it nationwide and go after the best of the best.
     Getting an athlete like Sheppard is a 50/50 chance at this point, as well as it is for anybody else. Let the game play itself out and see where we end up.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

novack2

Quote from: TX HOG on February 07, 2008, 10:53:53 pm
didn't we offer dmac a schollie when he was like 16 years old?

15. Remember he has a late August birthday. The summer after his 10th grade season, he was invited to the HDN camp. Went up there and ran his 4.37 at age 15. Offered him right then.

hogitout20

harding academy plays teams with barely enough players to fill up offense and defense, searcy is used to playing teams like west memphis. there is a big difference between that competition. little to no comparison. alot of kids at searcy could go and play at harding academy.
"We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the vitriolic words and actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence of the good people."  -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Swino

A good basis for the positions we will target is based who graduates.  We have 18 seniors for the next class.  There will be some attrition after spring practice starts due to players realizing that they won't fit/can't make it and BP's system.  But for now, we can say we have 18 spots to fill.        Thanks for SirChog for the info in MMQ

Offense.

1     Fish, Reggie   FL   Sr.
87     Rees, John Aaron   FL   Sr.
83     Thompson, Lance   TE   Sr.
63     Luigs, Jonathan   C   Sr.
66     Petrus, Mitch   OG   Sr.
78     Valdez, Jose   OT   Sr.
11     Dick, Casey   QB   Sr.
Mortensen, Alex   QB   Sr. 

Even after losing 3 linemen, we still have 18 on the roster.  Most have schollies.   QB looks to be full already, but we may sign one if we can get a good one.  We have 5 or so TE's, but I'm sure we will target 1-2 more.  I'm sure we will find a good FB in this class as well.  Great WR's are always at a premium, so I say we snag a few.  RB's are always needed, I say we try to sign 1-2. 

Defense

98     Gray, Cord   DT   Sr.
90     Mitchell, Ernest   DT   Sr.
97     Robinson, Antwain   DE   Sr.
93     Shavers, Marcus   DT   Sr.
49     Bonner, Mark   SLB   Sr.
38     Forte, Elston   WLB   Sr.
48     Williams, Desmond   WLB   Sr.
17     Johnson, Shedrick   CB   Sr.
36     Leandre, Walner   FS   Sr.
29     Love, Jamar   CB   Sr.
20     Washington, Dallas   CB   Sr.

We are losing 4 defensive linemen and only have 11 left on roster.  I think that BP will be looking to add better quality of DT's in the upcoming class.  We aren't losing a lot at LB either, but again, I think BP will try to get some studs that have both size and speed at this position.  Our Secondary is losing some mediocre talent (unless they have a big senior year, which is possible).  I'm guessing that we go for some home run hitters here.

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: johnfanman on January 25, 2008, 01:55:49 pm
Last time I checked...Helena, AR...was by the Mississippi River...so how is that 10 minutes from Fayetteville campus? I'm just curious

Its a big campus