Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any chance John L resigns in postgame presser?

Started by HOGSWEAT, November 23, 2012, 05:43:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGSWEAT

prairiehogcompanion

hogchic2001

Go HOGS Go!

TDHawgs

Finally I'm able to do what John L Smith told us to do earlier this year. Smile.

Thank goodness this train wreck of a season is over, just hate it for Tyler, Cobi, and all the seniors.

007 License To Squeal

Of course he won't. He will suck on that $850K as long as possible.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

marty houston

Didn't happen, but he took the time to say goodbye to some of the media members.

Martygit

No, he won't, and shouldn't - guys, Long never should have put this team in his hands (although, at the time it seemed like a good idea - and if you come on here and say that it didn't, you're just lying to yourself and everyone else, i.e., a caretaker with the same coaching staff that BP had) - anyway, it has, obviously, been a disaster.  But look at it from his perspective - he's going to spend the next few years in oblivion at his alma mater, Weber State, at a salary approaching what our trash collectors make, but, wait................ he's offered the opportunity to come back to Ark, where he's been for several years, and, making a salary that most on this board won't make in 10 years (optimistic), is given the chance to guide what all of the pundits (and, for that matter, everyone on this board) thought would be a national contender, to a national championship.  So, he and his wife gave up a life of security for that chance.  He could have gone to WS and stayed there until he died and received a retirement that most of you dream about.  But, he didn't -- he came here, gave up all of that, and, FAILED DRAMATICALLY - It was awful!!!!! 

I feel sorry for him.  He made a gamble on us and lost.  What's his future compared to what it could have been if he'd just ignored Long and stayed where he was - who knows, but it can't be good.  He's a beaten man - from several standpoints - don't kick a man when he's down - you may be there someday - I hope you're not, but it happens..........
RIP OTR, REV

PonderinHog

pfrg999

Quote from: prairiehogcompanion on November 23, 2012, 06:04:10 pm
What the Hell-o difference would that make?

Because he is a Loser & sued Bankrupt Coach who never should be allowed to coach again, Like he will get a job.. He is in financial Ruin and he is a Cancer to this program.. If he had any honor or character he would resign.. But alas he has neither of those attributes .. Good Bye and Good riddance J Loser Smith
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

UncleFrank

QuoteWhat's his future compared to what it could have been if he'd just ignored Long and stayed where he was - who knows, but it can't be good.

Where is this "if he'd just ignored Long" idea coming from?
As I recall the story someone was telling on here at the time, it was JLS who called Long and suggested that he come back and fill in as the interim. Prior to that, there's no indication that Jeff Long had considered doing that or had even thought of that scenario. I believe it was JLS's idea to come back as the interim--and he volunteered to do so--not Jeff Long's notion (he was just silly enough to go along with the idea).

ballz2thewall

Quote from: MartinGit on November 23, 2012, 07:20:31 pm
No, he won't, and shouldn't - guys, Long never should have put this team in his hands (although, at the time it seemed like a good idea - and if you come on here and say that it didn't, you're just lying to yourself and everyone else, i.e., a caretaker with the same coaching staff that BP had) - anyway, it has, obviously, been a disaster.  But look at it from his perspective - he's going to spend the next few years in oblivion at his alma mater, Weber State, at a salary approaching what our trash collectors make, but, wait................ he's offered the opportunity to come back to Ark, where he's been for several years, and, making a salary that most on this board won't make in 10 years (optimistic), is given the chance to guide what all of the pundits (and, for that matter, everyone on this board) thought would be a national contender, to a national championship.  So, he and his wife gave up a life of security for that chance.  He could have gone to WS and stayed there until he died and received a retirement that most of you dream about.  But, he didn't -- he came here, gave up all of that, and, FAILED DRAMATICALLY - It was awful!!!!! 

I feel sorry for him.  He made a gamble on us and lost.  What's his future compared to what it could have been if he'd just ignored Long and stayed where he was - who knows, but it can't be good.  He's a beaten man - from several standpoints - don't kick a man when he's down - you may be there someday - I hope you're not, but it happens..........

absolutely. a touch of class never hurts.  odds are most of the people that continuously trash jls have never faced true adversity.  the guy never had a chance; it was an impossible situation.  but, the players wanted him and there was no one else that we could have secured as an "interim" coach at the time.

his number one job was to keep the staff intact and also prevent a major defection of players. people say our team was undisciplined this year.  how do you know?  contrast that assessment with the fact that jls didn't hesitate to suspend brandon mitchell for possible ncaa violations, nor was he afraid to discipline other players for dwi, etc.  it takes guts to do that especially when you know you're constantly being booed. 

it was ludicrous for the media to have hyped us so much pre-season with or without bp.  plain foolishness and reveals that much of the media responsible merely parrot what someone "said" as opposed to true sports reporting.

someone posted that bp would've won 10 games this year.  really?  you [whoever posted that] really think so?  tell me how bp would have made a difference with our defensive personnel, for example.

i lay the bulk of our season squarely on the back of bp.  his thin recruiting was going to show this year hell or high water, and it did.  i am not personally anti-bp or anti-anyone for that matter. 

i don't know about y'all but i got sick of hearing the media constantly hype the hogs "high flying" or "high octane" offense.  indeed, we couldn't throw downfield today, or much this season for two reasons - new receivers AND the db's were covering us like tight fitting clothes.

i DO agree with some one on here that mentioned TW probably missed the attention of mcgehee. qb's must be pampered.  when joe ferguson helped out hdn a few years we saw much improvement in qb mechanics.

loosing mcgehee wan't jls's fault and picking a top qb coach is tough for a team in our position we were in.

jls knew he was walking into a fire on a bed of hot coals but he stared the monster in the eye and did it anyway.  i think he is to be congratulated.
The rest of the frog.

pghawg1

he has not coached all year a few more him being isn't going to matter either way :razorback:

jackflash

oldfart

he knows he is gone, he has a 10 mo contract and its not going to be renewed..

RedRock

Quote from: oldfart on November 23, 2012, 08:59:54 pm
he knows he is gone, he has a 10 mo contract and its not going to be renewed..

Not sure JLS is completely in touch with reality....Last time I heard him speak about coaching, he commented that he feels he will get a legitimate chance to be the head hog.

codeHog

Sueie

Quote from: hogchic2001 on November 23, 2012, 06:05:50 pm
No. He probably thinks he still has a chance!

I am BEGGING you.  PLEASE take that SOB's picture off of your avatar.  IF it was not for him we would never have been in this cluster.  I hate him almost as much as Nutt.

ckhawgu

"SMILE" that fruit loop is not going to be the head coach any longer as soon as JL can finally announce he has his man! LOL

WashUhog6

Quote from: Sueie on November 23, 2012, 10:20:21 pm
I am BEGGING you.  PLEASE take that SOB's picture off of your avatar.  IF it was not for him we would never have been in this cluster.  I hate him almost as much as Nutt.
That "SOB" won us a few games too.

Sueie

Well maybe he can hire his younger brother again.  Because I doubt if anyone else is.