Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBS: Arkansas needs only finish regular season 2-1 to be in

Started by Fayettechill14, February 27, 2014, 09:19:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fayettechill14

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24459593/poppin-bubbles-arkansas-completes-huge-sweep-of-kentucky

Joe Lundardi is probably going to say we have to win out, but the guys at CBS Sports indicate in this article that 2-1 should be acceptable. Both Georgia and Ole Miss are RPI top 100 teams.

Probably need at least one at the SECT regardless.

thirtythree

Lunardi is by far the most credible when it comes to the NCAAT

ricepig

Let's win the next three and not have to worry about it........

High Octane Hog

hogsanity

Can't waste this win by losing at home or to a bad Bama team.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

thirtythree

Quote from: hogsanity on February 27, 2014, 09:28:23 pm
Can't waste this win by losing at home or to a bad Bama team.

Exactly. A bad loss will hurt a very good win.

Adam Stokes

CBS was one of the 3 brackets out of 30 to have us already "in" coming into tonight's game, so they are especially high on us compared to other sites.  I still think we need 4 more wins to feel safe, but he knows his stuff better than I do.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Adam Stokes on February 27, 2014, 09:30:11 pm
CBS was one of the 3 brackets out of 30 to have us already "in" coming into tonight's game, so they are especially high on us compared to other sites.  I still think we need 4 more wins to feel safe, but he knows his stuff better than I do.

4 more wins and we're in with with no worry.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on February 27, 2014, 09:33:23 pm
4 more wins and we're in with with no worry.

We've said 23 was the magic number all along. Now that we have a quality road win, 23 wins makes it 100%. At this point just 22 wins is still about 60-40, depending on Tennessee and Missouri's finishes.

PygmalionEffect

Quote from: ricepig on February 27, 2014, 09:26:07 pm
Let's win the next three and not have to worry about it........

Doesn't matter, Andy Cats said even if we won out and got to the semi's in the SEC tourney we still wouldn't make the NCAA.

Nobody knows more about college basketball than Andy Cats.

Cats is a household name.
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

bphi11ips

Why do any of you give a rat's rear about someone named Lunardi?
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

HoopS

popcornhog

Quote from: bphi11ips on February 27, 2014, 09:35:32 pm
Why do any of you give a rat's rear about someone named Lunardi?

His tourney predictions are usually the most accurate. And they tend to be very, very accurate.
WPS