Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Allen is half the player he was last year

Started by HognotinMemphis, September 23, 2017, 01:12:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

net of 35 yards of offense in 1st half while true freshman QB for A&M had 240 yards of offense in 1st half.

Hogs will not score in 2nd half.

I blame Bielema for not better recruiting at WR knowing he'd be left with only Cornelius this season. 4 million reasons why WR corps should not be in this situation.

We are paying Auburn or Georgia salary to our head coach and getting KY and Vandy results. Makes zero sense.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HamSammich

No he is the exact same. He and Enos just pulled the wool over a lot of eyes.

Noodle armed, no confidence, complaining at every hardship, holding the ball too long,

Our o-line and receivers covered this up somewhat last year.

arkfan81

Without an oline to block, I don't care who the rb/wr is.
Have faith...

TheEnemy

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: HamSammich on September 23, 2017, 01:15:22 pm
No he is the exact same. He and Enos just pulled the wool over a lot of eyes.

Noodle armed, no confidence, complaining at every hardship, holding the ball too long,

Our o-line and receivers covered this up somewhat last year.
Hmmmm. Ok. I won't argue with you.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

RedRazorHog

The game moves too fast for Austin.  Remember guys - it all starts with reading what the defense gives you.  So all of you that say he has no time, well he is part of that problem.  When you show edge pressure and a safety filling for a blitz and do nothing about it - well that's on you.  Austin should not be a starter at this point.
"I've found that prayers work best when you have Big Players"

--Knute Rockne

Tejano Jawg

I said to our tailgate group after the TCU game...I think AA is hurt. He may have been hurt going into the opener. Something is too "off" for him. Not just poor synch with receivers.

Is it a case where our coaching staff is hiding this fact?...and thinking a 75% AA is better than the alternative?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

HamSammich

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on September 23, 2017, 01:19:34 pm
I said to our tailgate group after the TCU game...I think AA is hurt. He may have been hurt going into the opener. Something is too "off" for him. Not just poor synch with receivers.

Is it a case where our coaching staff is hiding this fact?...and thinking a 75% AA is better than the alternative?

He could be hurt. I'm not sure to be honest.

I think it's a case of CBB being ballless. I'm one of his biggest supporters but he may be losing even me.

Granny fan

HiggiePiggy

He is half the player because we have no offensive line. A terrible head coach and our best receiver is injured. But yes let's all blame this on AA.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

jst01

AA was good for 7 games in his entire career. Second half of last year he was average. Maybe he isn't truly the qb he played like at the start of last year.

HognotinMemphis

Can't win with Allen this year. Take him out and put him back in and he promptly takes a sack. If we continue to play Allen, it means coaches do not want to win.

jst01

Well Ramirez blows so it's not all on Allen.

arkfan81

September 23, 2017, 01:29:08 pm #13 Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 02:05:06 pm by arkfan81
Quote from: jst01 on September 23, 2017, 01:27:51 pm
Well Ramirez blows so it's not all on Allen.

Not getting help
Have faith...

jst01

I actually feel bad for him. The line blooooows

hehawg

No vision whatsoever! There comes a point where some responsibility is on the qb to avoid the sack. Sick and tired of seeing him shaking his head, cussing, whining, yelling at everyone else. I'll be glad when the ALLEN era is OVER
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

hog47

JackTNHogfan

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 23, 2017, 01:12:12 pm
net of 35 yards of offense in 1st half while true freshman QB for A&M had 240 yards of offense in 1st half.

Hogs will not score in 2nd half.

I blame Bielema for not better recruiting at WR knowing he'd be left with only Cornelius this season. 4 million reasons why WR corps should not be in this situation.

We are paying Auburn or Georgia salary to our head coach and getting KY and Vandy results. Makes zero sense.

I wish we were getting Vandy or KY results.  More like we are getting Cleveland Browns results.  Factory of Sadness and Disappointment

moses_007

Well it's not entirely AA's fault.  No offensie line pass blocking.  No receivers.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: moses_007 on September 23, 2017, 01:31:49 pm
Well it's not entirely AA's fault.  No offensie line pass blocking.  No receivers.
At this point, it's everybody's fault. Defense giving up multiple huge scoring plays. Offense can't operate due to inadequate QB'ing, O line blocking and WR route running. Coaches to blame in part for all of the above due to poor recruiting and coaching both in game and week of game.

hog47

Allen is done total dejection on which feeds the rest of the offense

HognotinMemphis

Kelley stronger than Allen. He got that off while 3 guys hanging on him. Shissa...missed a wide open for a TD.

HognotinMemphis

May see 75% run plays rest of game but for A&M leaving receivers wide open on those last 2 plays. So maybe we keep throwing to see if A&M leaves our receivers open.

Dr. Starcs

Dark Helmet Hog

Allen is the victim of piss poor coaching along with the rest of the team. We do not play to our strengths and are unprepared to go along with it.

hogpc

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 23, 2017, 01:27:49 pm
He has no one to throw to!
Just three receivers, a tight end and a running back...quit making excuses for him.  aTm played a lot more freshman with little experience than we did!

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hogpc on September 23, 2017, 03:18:19 pm
Just three receivers, a tight end and a running back...quit making excuses for him.  aTm played a lot more freshman with little experience than we did!

^^^ This guy has no clue what he's talking about. Freshman WRs can shine when there a Kirk lining up with you. Underclassmen RBs will also shine when the OL is playing as it should.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

GoHogsGo

I know it's a bit of a cliche to want to see the 2nd string QB play, but like other people here I don't think Allen is getting the job done.  He doesn't look confident and continues to consistently make poor choices and mistakes.  We have seen a length run of play from Kelley, but he has looked confident and seems to make plays when he has been out there.  I really wish CBB would let Kelley play a while and see how it goes.

Jimbob111

Quote from: TheEnemy on September 23, 2017, 01:16:32 pm
He definitely looks broken.  He is done.

Yet Beliema will continue to play him out of stubborness.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Cornfed Pig

I only read the title, but all I can say is, it doesn't matter who's behind our line, they're toast.

cosmodrum

Quote from: hogpc on September 23, 2017, 03:18:19 pm

With a ton of more talent. Not excusing Austin, he holds the ball forever, but they are at least twice as talented as us.
Go away, batin'

jaredkr

What the hell are you watching? He made 1 bad throw after being PUMMELED all game
I am Ray Finkel

Hawgphish

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 23, 2017, 01:25:17 pm
He is half the player because we have no offensive line. A terrible head coach and our best receiver is injured. But yes let's all blame this on AA.
It is not all his fault, I agree.  But his attitude and body language is poor. 

jst01

Quote from: Cornfed Pig on September 23, 2017, 03:28:58 pm
I only read the title, but all I can say is, it doesn't matter who's behind our line, they're toast.

Cornfed Pig

Quote from: hog47 on September 23, 2017, 01:34:23 pm
Allen is done total dejection on which feeds the rest of the offense

yeah, but it doesn't matter - we put up 43 points, should win a football game. Keep feeding all the dejection you want, D has to play better

SemperFi

I disagree. I believe and believe very strongly that this is exactly who he is. He was bailed out time and time again last year by Morgan and Hatcher. It's time to move on and give someone else an opportunity to grow as our starting QB.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

cosmodrum

Quote from: Hawgphish on September 23, 2017, 03:29:36 pm
It is not all his fault, I agree.  But his attitude and body language is poor. 

Yep.
Go away, batin'

moses_007

Bielema is bull headed as hell.  He won't replace a quarterback, no matter how badly he plays.  He stuck with BA for two years when he shouldn't have.  I must admit BA became pretty good his senior year.