Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas CWS game thread - Hogs headed home ........LSU 14 Razorbacks 5

Started by Hogtropolis™, May 29, 2009, 10:30:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

rzrbackrob

Good is the enemy of great

311Hog

swinging for the fences is bad him and Wilkins need to ease up.

jst01

chiefsfan

Quote from: jst01 on June 19, 2009, 04:38:36 pm
WTH. Is McCann that slow? 

Mitchell has a cannon out there and McCann isnt known for his legs...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

AUSTXHOG

TNhawgfan

Quote from: chiefsfan on June 19, 2009, 04:38:28 pm
Name me one GOOD pro team that has an awful shortstop offensively

It took Ozzie Smith 9 years before he hit over .270 - would you start him in your lineup?
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

trippigs

Still think we should hit this guy....all speed but not much movement. We should like this pitching over a junk lefty. Will just take some time ...hope not too much more.

AUSTXHOG

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

jst01

Quote from: chiefsfan on June 19, 2009, 04:41:22 pm
Mitchell has a cannon out there and McCann isnt known for his legs...
his cannon made it all the way to the dirt next to 2nd.

HoopS

Chief, I watched the Astros win division titles with Tim Bogar at short and Ausmus catching....2 automatic outs.

We lose a short stop.  So we knw we'll be weaker there.   Granted.   Now, we are at first and third as well.  We've already watched an error by an inexperienced first baseman.   What did we expect.  Would Wilkins make that play?   Yes.   

Yes it was a gamble and I'm ok with it.  Not the way I would have played it but I truly respect Coach and his decision making as he sees these players daily and knows their skill level.

I'll tell you how I coach it.   Accept the fact that we'll not be as good at short.  Leave the others where they are comfortable and replace only the one position. 

Ridiculous?

Hawgrox

Quote from: AUSTXHOG on June 19, 2009, 04:38:05 pm
Atta boy Chase!!!! Let's go hogs!!!! Need a run here like a crackhead needs ...well, crack.

That's good....

intoxhog

Quote from: twinpigs on June 19, 2009, 04:35:10 pm
well isn't that special......nice attitude
[/quote
Quote from: twinpigs on June 19, 2009, 04:35:10 pm
well isn't that special......nice attitude
No your right, that's extacly how I wanted that or anyother inning to go.  ::)
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

EastTexasHog

On defense we've had two good innings, so we are playing better than last time we faced LSU.

Clint Alan

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

AUSTXHOG

STRILE

Final four! LSU's a great team, but they're not out of range. Stop bitching, have some faith!
"Strile is critical to Hogville.  He accounts for 0.00077% of all posts"  anonymous moderator

Clint Alan

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

trippigs

Clint Alan

bad guy

line to 1B

TEAM           1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    R   H   E
LSU             1   0   3   0                            4   4   0
Arkansas      0   0   0                                 0   3   1

0 runs, 0 hits, 0 men left

fanofthehog

I am so frickin tired of getting skull-fricked by lsu.  I know I'm not allowed to be negative here, I guess I'm supposed to enjoy watching my team get prison raped by same team over and over.  Some of you talk so much crap about Rick being a sunshine pumper, then you turn around and do the same thing.  I don't like losing nearly as much as some of you.  If we played our best and lost, fine.  When we play the tigers we hand the game to them, and usually in the first few innings.

Blutoblutarsky

RD

chiefsfan

Quote from: HoopS on June 19, 2009, 04:43:01 pm
Chief, I watched the Astros win division titles with Tim Bogar at short and Ausmus catching....2 automatic outs.

We lose a short stop.  So we knw we'll be weaker there.   Granted.   Now, we are at first and third as well.  We've already watched an error by an inexperienced first baseman.   What did we expect.  Would Wilkins make that play?   Yes.  

Yes it was a gamble and I'm ok with it.  Not the way I would have played it but I truly respect Coach and his decision making as he sees these players daily and knows their skill level.

I'll tell you how I coach it.   Accept the fact that we'll not be as good at short.  Leave the others where they are comfortable and replace only the one position. 

Ridiculous?

I still have no idea how the astros won those 2 titles, and they were who I was thinking of

House isnt inexperienced at 1st.  He's played double digit games there this year and started there several times last year...   he's just a great fielder period.   However we need his bat badly in this type game
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

snoblind

rzrbackrob

Good is the enemy of great

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

STRILE

"Strile is critical to Hogville.  He accounts for 0.00077% of all posts"  anonymous moderator

311Hog

cosmodrum

Quote from: HoopS on June 19, 2009, 04:43:01 pm

We lose a short stop.  So we knw we'll be weaker there.   Granted.   Now, we are at first and third as well.  We've already watched an error by an inexperienced first baseman.   What did we expect.  Would Wilkins make that play?   Yes.  

I'll tell you how I coach it.   Accept the fact that we'll not be as good at short.  Leave the others where they are comfortable and replace only the one position. 

Ridiculous?

Agreed. To me, it's like when Nick Saban reshifted his entire offensive line when Andre Smith didn't play in the Sugar Bowl. I wouldv'e just played the 5* tackle that backed him up.
Go away, batin'

trippigs

House with a quick snag....we are getting more comfy with the new infield.

LETS GO HIT

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Good job Mike! I'm rubbing my freshly shaved head for some good luck.
ched come back pls

PoconoHog

Good job in the field Hogs........come on bats...do something...ANYTHING to get some runs
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

bokid12

Iwastherein1969

we can scratch on Ranaudo.....our guys need bow up their back and swing away
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

EastTexasHog

If we can get the score close and put pressure on them, then we have the advantage.

RazorWire™

ncnd

HoopS

Ok.  Chief, my opinion has been formed over 30+ years, so you'll understand my standing pat. 

Let's agree to disagree and root the Hogs to victory together.

snoblind

Quote from: PoconoHog on June 19, 2009, 04:47:17 pm
Good job in the field Hogs........come on bats...do something...ANYTHING to get some runs

we just need to get at least 1 or 2 to get back in it.

PoconoHog

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

jst01

Quote from: STRILE on June 19, 2009, 04:46:59 pm
Talk crap about House now!!

yeah, tough play there. A liner chest high. Kinda like a throw from the shortstop.

dont brag on House about routine plays

snoblind

Golfer

Quote from: fanofthehog on June 19, 2009, 04:46:26 pm
I am so frickin tired of getting skull-fricked by lsu.  I know I'm not allowed to be negative here, I guess I'm supposed to enjoy watching my team get prison raped by same team over and over.  Some of you talk so much crap about Rick being a sunshine pumper, then you turn around and do the same thing.  I don't like losing nearly as much as some of you.  If we played our best and lost, fine.  When we play the tigers we hand the game to them, and usually in the first few innings.

Maybe being a sunshine pumper doesn't change anything, but neither does bitching.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: 311Hog on June 19, 2009, 04:47:01 pm
these announcers really like LSU ....
honestly, if I didn't have a rooting interest, I'd be impressed by LSU, too....we have done nothing against LSU to earn respect at the CWS...I hate saying that, but its true
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

cosmodrum

Quote from: 311Hog on June 19, 2009, 04:47:01 pm
these announcers really like LSU ....

I wouldn't be suprised to find Mike Patrick in LSU's dugout smiling like a doughnut anytime now.
Go away, batin'