Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN3 blackout

Started by Hawgfan27, April 21, 2012, 11:13:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgfan27

Any chance espn3 blacks out the game in arkansas. I'm about to by a converter to stream my computer to my tv but won't bother if it is blacked out.

mindtoxicity

Maybe. Sometimes they black out local areas if there is a contract with a local station to show it.

You can try to stream it here: http://www.[CENSORED].eu/sport/american-football.html

Quality won't be as great though

Edit: Didn't expect that to get censored. heh

Hawgfan27

Any way you could pm me that site? Much appreciated.

beebefootballfan

blacked out in arkansas iirc
"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."- Alexis de Tocqueville

Hogbody

Hawgfan27

That is terrible news. I don't know any one with Cox Sports Channel. Very poor partnership choice.

beebefootballfan

Quote from: Hawgfan27 on April 21, 2012, 11:19:46 am
That is terrible news. I don't know any one with Cox Sports Channel. Very poor partnership choice.

Yea wish ESPN would have just picked the dang thing up, but they didn't jump in untill the BP fiasco.
"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."- Alexis de Tocqueville

TDHawgs

Just download [CENSORED] and it will give you an out of area ip address and then you can watch it on ESPN3

moses_007

Quote from: Hawgfan27 on April 21, 2012, 11:13:58 am
Any chance espn3 blacks out the game in arkansas. I'm about to by a converter to stream my computer to my tv but won't bother if it is blacked out.

Don't bother then since it is blacked out in Arkansas.  Listen to it on the Arkansas Radio Network... it's your only option.

Hawgfan27

Well damnet.
"Arkansas Spring Football: The Red And White Game (subject to blackout)"

Do you know if I will be able to watch the replay?

TDHawgs

Quote from: moses_007 on April 21, 2012, 11:24:17 am
Don't bother then since it is blacked out in Justin.  Listen to it on the Arkansas Radio Network... it's your only option.

Not true, I watch any blackout game on ESPN3 by using a program like i mentioned above

Hawgfan27

Quote from: TDHawgs on April 21, 2012, 11:27:20 am
Not true, I watch any blackout game on ESPN3 by using a program like i mentioned above

You're my hero, I just downloaded [CENSORED], and checked and espn said "my area is not subjected to blackout."  Thanks so much.

TDHawgs

Quote from: Hawgfan27 on April 21, 2012, 11:31:17 am
You're my hero, I just downloaded [CENSORED], and checked and espn said "my area is not subjected to blackout."  Thanks so much.
No problem.. enjoy the game...

Hawgfan27

Quote from: TDHawgs on April 21, 2012, 11:27:20 am

Sorry, now it's asking for a password for remote access, how do you get around that?

moses_007

[CENSORED] changed my IP address to San Jose, CA.  Now I can watch the spring game~!!!!

TDHawgs

Quote from: moses_007 on April 21, 2012, 11:41:25 am
[CENSORED] changed my IP address to San Jose, CA.  Now I can watch the spring game~!!!!
Yeah it's a pretty good program, there are others but it's solid and easier to setup.

TDHawgs

Quote from: Hawgfan27 on April 21, 2012, 11:37:58 am
Sorry, now it's asking for a password for remote access, how do you get around that?
Do you have a ATT or an account that ESPN will allow you to login?

Hawgfan27

CorndogCooker

I just checked, and it doesn't seem like it will be blacked out for me (central AR)

unless I'm missing something.

IBleedRazorbackRed

It's not blacked out. click on the subject to blackout link and it says that you aren't subject to a blackout.

Hawgfan27

I did, and it said t wasn't available in my area

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Hawgfan27 on April 21, 2012, 11:50:50 am

hmmm I live in Benton and it said it wasn't going to be blacked out in my area.

TDHawgs

Quote from: Hawgfan27 on April 21, 2012, 11:50:50 am
Yeah same here, I'm showing blackout, unless I use a software to change my public IP address.. was you able to use a login to access ESPN?

TDHawgs

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on April 21, 2012, 11:53:20 am
hmmm I live in Benton and it said it wasn't going to be blacked out in my area.
Probably doesn't recognize your ISP's public IP address range, as being in the blackout area.

Ex-Trumpet

Why would they black it out?  There won't be 1000 people outside of the blackout area that will be watching it!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

moses_007

Quote from: TDHawgs on April 21, 2012, 11:42:49 am
Yeah it's a pretty good program, there are others but it's solid and easier to setup.

Only problem is you get this ignorant toolbar that shows up on every single internet page loaded.  Is there a way to turn this toolbar off?

TDHawgs

Quote from: moses_007 on April 21, 2012, 11:54:56 am
Only problem is you get this ignorant toolbar that shows up on every single internet page loaded.  Is there a way to turn this toolbar off?
Well, you might have not uncheck loading it when you installed it. Yeah after you don't need it, just uninstall it if it bugs you. Small price to pay to watch the game though.

levans

It will be on comcast if you have that and are not work.

TDHawgs

Quote from: moses_007 on April 21, 2012, 11:54:56 am
Ok, I just installed the newest version to see what was going on. Looks like they added a new toolbar, so I'd just uninstall it, and reinstall it, and when it says Install [CENSORED] Toolbar, uncheck that box. Then you should not have the toolbar.

moses_007

Quote from: TDHawgs on April 21, 2012, 11:57:23 am

Well, you might have not uncheck loading it when you installed it. Yeah after you don't need it, just uninstall it if it bugs you. Small price to pay to watch the game though.

I've paid for the PPV of the first Hogs game each of the last two years.  Were our opening games on ESPN3, but blacked out?  If so, now we can watch them for free.

moses_007

Quote from: TDHawgs on April 21, 2012, 12:02:53 pm
Ok, I just installed the newest version to see what was going on. Looks like they added a new toolbar, so I'd just uninstall it, and reinstall it, and when it says Install [CENSORED] Toolbar, uncheck that box. Then you should not have the toolbar.

I unchecked that box for a toolbar during the initial install.  But it's there anyway.

TDHawgs

Quote from: moses_007 on April 21, 2012, 12:05:25 pm
I unchecked that box for a toolbar during the initial install.  But it's there anyway.
Hum... I don't have the problem.. Look to see if in the Programs you can uninstall just the toolbar. What browser are you using?

moses_007

Quote from: TDHawgs on April 21, 2012, 12:08:05 pm
Hum... I don't have the problem.. Look to see if in the Programs you can uninstall just the toolbar. What browser are you using?

Using Firefox.  Now I see...you can just disconnect it and it only leaves a tiny little icon at the top right of the browser, with no toolbar.  When you connect, the toolbar will show up again.  But that's okay for the game.

TDHawgs

Quote from: moses_007 on April 21, 2012, 12:12:33 pm
Using Firefox.  Now I see...you can just disconnect it and it only leaves a tiny little icon at the top right of the browser, with no toolbar.  When you connect, the toolbar will show up again.  But that's okay for the game.
I'm testing this and I see what your talking about, it's not a toolbar, it's the ads that help pay for the service, but if you download Ad Block Plus for Firefox, it will take those away... :)  That's why I didn't even see them..

ArKan5a5 KiD

Quote from: TDHawgs on April 21, 2012, 11:22:04 am
Just download [CENSORED] and it will give you an out of area ip address and then you can watch it on ESPN3
Where do you download this at? I usually watch the Espn app on my Xbox.

TDHawgs

Quote from: thalilcrzydawg on April 21, 2012, 12:15:24 pm
Where do you download this at? I usually watch the Espn app on my Xbox.
It's for PC, it's a vpn software that will give you an IP address away from our area, so it will allow you to watch the blackout games. If your going to watch it on your Xbox, the only way to bypass it is by adding proxy settings to your dsl modem,etc.. way too much trouble. If its' showing blackout on your Xbox, just watch it on your computer with the [CENSORED] software.. at anchorfree.com/

HF#1

Jimmy Dykes is calling the game on ESPN3.  Not sure who the play by play guy is.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

ArKan5a5 KiD

I'll have to check on that. Thanks!

TDHawgs

Quote from: thalilcrzydawg on April 21, 2012, 12:22:55 pm
I'll have to check on that. Thanks!
Uncheck the install Hotshield Toolbar when installing.

Hawgfan27

If anyone could pm me a remote access username and password I'll owe you big time. I'm only interested in viewing the spring game, I was planning on going all year but the girlfriend got sick.

deblaylock06

Quote from: TDHawgs on April 21, 2012, 12:23:54 pm
Uncheck the install Hotshield Toolbar when installing.

+1 here's your sign ;)

Spider-Pig

Quote from: moses_007 on April 21, 2012, 12:03:52 pm
I've paid for the PPV of the first Hogs game each of the last two years.  Were our opening games on ESPN3, but blacked out?  If so, now we can watch them for free.

PPV games are not on espn3.

hogs dont cry

Quote from: TDHawgs on April 21, 2012, 12:21:23 pm
It's for PC, it's a vpn software that will give you an IP address away from our area, so it will allow you to watch the blackout games. If your going to watch it on your Xbox, the only way to bypass it is by adding proxy settings to your dsl modem,etc.. way too much trouble. If its' showing blackout on your Xbox, just watch it on your computer with the [CENSORED] software.. at anchorfree.com/

You are a stud my man.  Thanks for sharing your tricks with the rest of us!

TDHawgs

Quote from: hogs dont cry on April 21, 2012, 12:34:21 pm
You are a stud my man.  Thanks for sharing your tricks with the rest of us!
Glad I could help, computers and networking is what I do for a living, so anyway I can help you guys, I'll try.. One note of clarify.. if you don't want to see those ads you need Firefox with the Ad Block Plus add on. Plus this is only going to get you around the blackout, you'll still need to have an account that will allow ESPN3 access.

shearman1

Quote from: TDHawgs on April 21, 2012, 11:22:04 am

works great

arky870

i live in sheridan and it says not subject to blackout for me

TDHawgs

Quote from: arky870 on April 21, 2012, 12:45:59 pm
i live in sheridan and it says not subject to blackout for me
That's good, just watch it like normal then. Basically your ISP's Public IP address isn't considered to be in the blackout area for some reason. Which is something you shouldn't complain about.. :)

choralscholar

When I looked earlier, someone mentioned they were airing it on KATV Retro (digital subchannel) - but now that message is gone.

Was that post deleted, or just on another thread?
"I used to work at a fire hydrant factory.  You couldn't park anywhere NEAR the place."  - Steven Wright

wwwhogfan

I live in Fort Smith and it is not blacked out for me.

kibster

Quote from: levans on April 21, 2012, 12:00:19 pm
It will be on comcast if you have that and are not work.

What channel will it be on?
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut