Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any luck finding a Mizzou State message board?

Started by Bogghawg, June 02, 2015, 10:31:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogghawg

I found a list linking three different ones.  Two no longer existed and one had three people on it, no mention of baseball and the latest post was 10 days ago.  I don't post on them, but I do like to just go see what they're talking about.  These guys seem not to have any.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Dwight_K_Shrute

I found a message board about the manufacture and sale of Meth. They occasionally discuss Mo State
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

MSUBear42

Maybe if searched under our real name you would have better luck.

But I'll point you the right direction: MissouriState.247Sports.com

Missouri State's Message Board:
MissouriState.247sports.com

jry04

Quote from: MSUBear42 on June 02, 2015, 10:41:15 pm

But I'll point you the right direction: MissouriState.247Sports.com

Kind of like when people say Arky?

Maddhog

Not interested in their message boards but I did look up their schedule.   Not exactly an SEC type gauntlet.   
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

MSUDuo

Quote from: Maddhog on June 02, 2015, 10:49:35 pm
Not interested in their message boards but I did look up their schedule.   Not exactly an SEC type gauntlet.

Nope, just 3-0 against the mighty SEC with our midweek starters.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: MSUDuo on June 02, 2015, 10:56:57 pm
Nope, just 3-0 against the mighty SEC with our midweek starters.

You only played one SEC game this year... against Arkansas in Fayetteville....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

MSUDuo

Quote from: DLUXHOG on June 02, 2015, 11:00:40 pm
You only played one SEC game this year... against Arkansas in Fayetteville....

Reading comprehension not an Arkansas strength...

DLUXHOG

Quote from: MSUDuo on June 02, 2015, 11:03:20 pm

Score was 2-0 if you're referring to the game in Fayetteville.....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Maddhog

You have a very good, maybe great, team but it is incredibly different playing LSU, Vandy, Florida, Alabama, Auburn, etc every weekend than getting them one at a time in a midweek tilt.  I don't know who you played besides Arkansas (at our weakest point), but I doubt you got their best pitchers either.   

Music City Razorback

Quote from: Maddhog on June 02, 2015, 11:07:12 pm
You have a very good, maybe great, team but it is incredibly different playing LSU, Vandy, Florida, Alabama, Auburn, etc every weekend than getting them one at a time in a midweek tilt.  I don't know who you played besides Arkansas (at our weakest point), but I doubt you got their best pitchers either.
MO State beat Missouri twice mid week.  Missouri is the proud losers of 23 of their last 35 games (approx.), so this isn't exactly SEC competition.  MSU is a very good team and may be their best ever, but will have their hands full with an Arkansas team that is not close to the best they've ever had.
"Sure. I'm proud to be an American."
-Cincinnati Reds rookie pitcher Steve Foster, asked by a Canadian customs agent if he had anything to declare.

Maddhog

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

SPAL

SMS has a good team but the team they played and beat isn't the same team as the team they will play Friday.

Sow Lancelot

"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

shotgun7

Quote from: DLUXHOG on June 02, 2015, 11:05:32 pm
Score was 2-0 if you're referring to the game in Fayetteville.....
And just to add to this, we were not an SEC quality team at that time....Times have changed...WPS!

Kevin

Mo state is a good team, not to be overlooked.  We are going to need to play well to win this thing
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Dwight_K_Shrute

ULL thought they were the sh** last year until they played an SEC team in the Supers.  They won 58 games then stayed home.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: MSUBear42 on June 02, 2015, 10:41:15 pm

Search under SMS didn't result in any results either.   :'(

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on June 03, 2015, 07:51:05 am
Search under SMS didn't result in any results either.   :'(

Search schools Steve Alford left.

jbell96

To play Devil's Advocate, Missouri State's 2-0 win over us really doesn't mean anything to either team. Neither team threw their best pitchers, and both teams are playing better than they did 2 months ago.

Not to mention our crowd wasn't near as big as it is going to be this weekend because it was cold, a mid week game, and we weren't playing all that well. Not making excuses for losing, or diminishing Mo State's win, just stating facts.

Not many teams have a starting 1-2 punch like Hall & Harris, so to MSU fans on this board, I know our guys aren't going to be overlooking your team or taking them lightly.

George S. Pigton

\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

Maddhog

Quote from: jbell96 on June 03, 2015, 09:13:58 am
To play Devil's Advocate, Missouri State's 2-0 win over us really doesn't mean anything to either team. Neither team threw their best pitchers, and both teams are playing better than they did 2 months ago.

Not to mention our crowd wasn't near as big as it is going to be this weekend because it was cold, a mid week game, and we weren't playing all that well. Not making excuses for losing, or diminishing Mo State's win, just stating facts.

Not many teams have a starting 1-2 punch like Hall & Harris, so to MSU fans on this board, I know our guys aren't going to be overlooking your team or taking them lightly.

Quote from: jbell96 on June 03, 2015, 09:13:58 am

Very fair post and I agree.   It will be a struggle.

Maddhog

Hmmm, I must have been really impressed with your post. ^^

🐗⚾️

hogsrule44

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on June 03, 2015, 07:39:50 am
ULL thought they were the sh** last year until they played an SEC team in the Supers.  They won 58 games then stayed home.

But they beat Mississippi State two in a row in the regionals to get to that. Not sure your point?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: hogsrule44 on June 03, 2015, 10:12:25 am
But they beat Mississippi State two in a row in the regionals to get to that. Not sure your point?

Regionals aren't Supers.

jbell96

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on June 03, 2015, 10:30:08 am
Regionals aren't Supers.

I highly doubt you watched that super regional series, but it was fun to watch, atmosphere was electric, and went 3 games, so it's not like Ole Miss went down there and mopped the floor with them in 2 games.

Ole Miss could have easily been a national seed last year, and was one of the final four teams left in Omaha, so it is pretty easy to say ULL had the toughest draw of any national seed that made it to Supers.

My point in all of this is that if we beat Missouri State this weekend it doesn't make them less deserving of being a national seed. In fact, saying we won against a team that doesn't deserve a national seed makes our win seem less significant.

AirForceHog

Some of the fans over on that 247 board are pretty confident. I'm not saying that they are bad but neither are the Hogs. It will be a great match up that's for sure.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: MSUDuo on June 02, 2015, 11:03:20 pm

We shore no how two compryhind Omyha.

" GO OMAHOGS "

dotnet

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on June 03, 2015, 10:30:08 am
Regionals aren't Supers.

An SEC team should have a bigger benefit in a regional than a super - where you don't need as many good pitchers

flippinhogmana

Quote from: dotnet on June 03, 2015, 06:45:50 pm
An SEC team should have a bigger benefit in a regional than a super - where you don't need as many good pitchers

regional or super, We will have to play our best ball, and hope for our best pitching to beat Mo State.  I believe we will get both and that we will win, but we could very easily lose.  They havent been here as many times as us, but they are tough, especially when they play us.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: dotnet on June 03, 2015, 06:45:50 pm
Hogs are much better set up for 2 of 3....obviously, look at the SEC gauntlet they ran and won or tied 8 of 10 series....the Vandy series could have went either way even though it ended in an 0-3 loss for ARK....we lost the first game after Killian pitched a gem and then gave it away in the 9th...if we win that first game against Vandy, I firmly believe we win that series.....as for LSU, well, they just beat our butts, nothing new there
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

HoopS

Quote from: Maddhog on June 03, 2015, 09:32:04 am
Hmmm, I must have been really impressed with your post. ^^

🐗⚾️
you and that fancy new quote thing. Like I pointed out before, you're a newby at this stuff. Give it time.

Maddhog

Quote from: HoopS on June 04, 2015, 07:48:42 am
you and that fancy new quote thing. Like I pointed out before, you're a newby at this stuff. Give it time.

👍

jbell96

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on June 04, 2015, 04:07:54 am
Hogs are much better set up for 2 of 3....obviously, look at the SEC gauntlet they ran and won or tied 8 of 10 series....the Vandy series could have went either way even though it ended in an 0-3 loss for ARK....we lost the first game after Killian pitched a gem and then gave it away in the 9th...if we win that first game against Vandy, I firmly believe we win that series.....as for LSU, well, they just beat our butts, nothing new there

Killian didn't start the 1st game against Vandy, McKinney did, Killian pitched the finale.

And LSU didn't "kick our butt". We shut them down in game 1, they blew us out in game 2, & we lost game 3 7-4. That's hardly getting dominated.