Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

North central Arkansas is getting excited!

Started by TuskDr, June 03, 2015, 02:17:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TuskDr

I live in a town with a population of 2000 people.  It takes around 3 hours to travel to Fayetteville.  The word got out that I might have extra tickets for this weekend and my phone has been nuts.  Is it the same story everywhere or do I live in a hot bed of Razorback Baseball fans?

ricepig

Nah, they all heard you on the party line telling Aunt Bee you had tickets.....got any extra??

bjeffersonhog

Not just you. My phone blew up with friends from North Central Arkansas asking me if I was able to get tickets for this weekend.  Unfortunately I had to tell them all no  :puke:

flippinhogmana

Quote from: TuskDr on June 03, 2015, 02:17:28 pm
I live in a town with a population of 2000 people.  It takes around 3 hours to travel to Fayetteville.  The word got out that I might have extra tickets for this weekend and my phone has been nuts.  Is it the same story everywhere or do I live in a hot bed of Razorback Baseball fans?

Three hours would put you east of Mtn Home bout norfork unless you are a slow poke, or down round searcy...
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

ricepig

Quote from: flippinhogmana on June 03, 2015, 02:48:24 pm
Three hours would put you east of Mtn Home bout norfork unless you are a slow poke, or down round searcy...

Hmm, I thought Nofork was Mtn. Home, or their best player was from there......

flippinhogmana

Its within driving distance if you say want to go to a better sports school for competitions sake and more recognition....
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

TuskDr

Quote from: flippinhogmana on June 03, 2015, 02:48:24 pm
East of Norfork. Hey, if your from Flippin, go to the car wash and tell the deputy to take it easy on the Hog fans traveling to the games this weekend. Speed trap

bjeffersonhog

Quote from: TuskDr on June 03, 2015, 03:02:24 pm
East of Norfork. Hey, if your from Flippin, go to the car wash and tell the deputy to take it easy on the Hog fans traveling to the games this weekend. Speed trap
That's actually where I'm originally from.  I'll make a couple phone calls and see what I can do for you ;)

ricepig

Quote from: flippinhogmana on June 03, 2015, 02:58:42 pm
Its within driving distance if you say want to go to a better sports school for competitions sake and more recognition....

No doubt, you wonder if our Friday starter would be doing it if he stayed there.

YtownHog

60 or under around the Flippin bypass you will be fine.  Faster than that and you're on your own.

TuskDr

Quote from: ricepig on June 03, 2015, 03:06:45 pm
No doubt, you wonder if our Friday starter would be doing it if he stayed there.
The Viola Longhorns, same classification as the Norfork Panthers, has had a pitcher sign a MLB contract in recent history. I'm not questioning that the competition would be better at a larger school, I might argue about the quality of coaching from school to school.

bjeffersonhog

Quote from: TuskDr on June 03, 2015, 03:23:03 pm
The Viola Longhorns, same classification as the Norfork Panthers, has had a pitcher sign a MLB contract in recent history. I'm not questioning that the competition would be better at a larger school, I might argue about the quality of coaching from school to school.

I think the quality of coaching was the problem with Brandon Love.  Kid got used so much in high school/summer league that he threw his arm out the year after he got drafted.  He could light up a radar gun his Senior year.

ricepig

You can always argue about the quality of high school baseball coaching in Arkansas.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: TuskDr on June 03, 2015, 03:02:24 pm
left there for good over thirty five years ago....probably a city cop though...I do know the mayor and you should probably just bypass town, you can you know...or is there a carwash on the bypass now...

flippinhogmana

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on June 03, 2015, 03:05:32 pm
That's actually where I'm originally from.  I'll make a couple phone calls and see what I can do for you ;)

county judge a relative of yours?

onebadrubi

Go out your number in the tickets section and watch your provider shut your phone down

flippinhogmana

I stole four bases in a game at Viola once.  The last base (third for the second time), when I slid in the strap broke and the bag slid about ten feet away.  I got up and stood on the pinion in the ground that holds the bag down.  The third baseman saunters over and puts his glove on me (with the ball inside)-third base umpire called me out.  Its not just coaching that is inconsistent and bad at that level (all through the region) most of the time its either football or basketball coaches who dont know crap, and often the same thing with the umps.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on June 03, 2015, 03:26:30 pm
I think the quality of coaching was the problem with Brandon Love.  Kid got used so much in high school/summer league that he threw his arm out the year after he got drafted.  He could light up a radar gun his Senior year.

You guys never heard of a kid named Tabor-best ball player at that level I ever saw, any classification.  Signed with I believe Pittsburg...three his arm out...unbelievable hitter/pitcher...that was before dhs.  You had to have an arm.  He was from a tiny little school that doesnt exist anymore-Pyatt.  All natural ability, not coaching.  He hit a rocket past me at third one day that I dont think allowed me to even move from my tracks.  Sounded like a howitzer shell going by from the whizz.

Maddhog

I am 45 minutes NE of LR and everyone is excited here! 

#WPS
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

YtownHog

Quote from: flippinhogmana on June 03, 2015, 04:07:08 pm
You guys never heard of a kid named Tabor-best ball player at that level I ever saw, any classification.  Signed with I believe Pittsburg...three his arm out...unbelievable hitter/pitcher...that was before dhs.  You had to have an arm.  He was from a tiny little school that doesnt exist anymore-Pyatt.  All natural ability, not coaching.  He hit a rocket past me at third one day that I dont think allowed me to even move from my tracks.  Sounded like a howitzer shell going by from the whizz.

Joel Tabor?

bjeffersonhog

Quote from: flippinhogmana on June 03, 2015, 03:58:24 pm
county judge a relative of yours?

Actually Yes... I've been related to a couple of the previous judges as well.

flippinhogmana

flippinhogmana

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on June 03, 2015, 04:18:58 pm
Actually Yes... I've been related to a couple of the previous judges as well.

One was a class behind me in hs.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Maddhog on June 03, 2015, 04:07:29 pm
I am 45 minutes NE of LR and everyone is excited here! 

#WPS

I expect you were getting them excited all by yourself before we even beat OSU in the regionals?  You are one of the ones that didnt just show up when we started winning..I dont mean to slight anyone in saying that...one have just been here all year.

YtownHog

Quote from: flippinhogmana on June 03, 2015, 04:19:47 pm
Joel's cousin.  Joel never was that good at baseball.

Gotcha, those Pyatt teams back in that day were loaded with raw talent. So I hear that would be even past my dads age.  May have won a state title in basketball or 2 if my memory serves me correct.

flippinhogmana

June 03, 2015, 04:28:49 pm #25 Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 04:45:52 pm by flippinhogmana
Quote from: YtownHog on June 03, 2015, 04:22:14 pm
Gotcha, those Pyatt teams back in that day were loaded with raw talent. So I hear that would be even past my dads age.  May have won a state title in basketball or 2 if my memory serves me correct.

In BB they got to the finals when Joel was old enough to play.  I cant remember how they did in junior high.  We won it one year (junior high) they were just as good for several years.  They only had like fifteen boys in the whole high school in any given year if that.  It was just like Hoosiers.  And Joel Tabor was 'Jimmy". 

Maddhog

Quote from: flippinhogmana on June 03, 2015, 04:21:36 pm
I expect you were getting them excited all by yourself before we even beat OSU in the regionals?  You are one of the ones that didnt just show up when we started winning..I dont mean to slight anyone in saying that...one have just been here all year.

Well I try, I'm a Hog. 😀
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."