Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UCA Bears Ranked

Started by williamsB, October 02, 2006, 12:26:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

williamsB

ASU and their road game to Florida International.

Looks bigtime :)

Time for UCA to make a move on the injuns.

http://www.arkst.com/board/index.php?topic=26548.0

10thPlanet

True, it's small. One thing us Razorback fans can agree on, Big, Nice Facilities doesn't guarantee quality programs.

williamsB

I think we have a good team, but it will have to get better or I will be wrong.

jb11

October 02, 2006, 02:25:55 pm #3 Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 02:35:14 pm by diehardfan
It's cute how they (ASU fans) call themselves "jumpers". :D  What a cute name for the schools that move up.

hawgabilly

GO BEARS!!! The Most SUCCESSFUL COLLEGE football team in the State.

Arkstfan

Quote from: hawgabilly on October 02, 2006, 03:31:33 pm

Cute sorta like when Arkansas Tech's SID touted Mullins as being the most successful college coach of the decade in Arkansas.

Dugann

Way to go UCA! think good things are about to happon in Conway with the jump to big time. 
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

HogasaurusRex

I had to smile!
Kinda like being the prettiest Waffle House waitress, huh? ;D

mbgrulz

oh my god, lets hire their coach!

hawgabilly

Quote from: HogasaurusRex on October 02, 2006, 03:41:48 pm
I had to smile!
Four National titles in football, by the way 4 playmates of the year also have worked at a waffle house.
That didn't stop you from.... :o

1stwordswerewoopig

Quote from: Dugann on October 02, 2006, 03:38:24 pm
Way to go UCA! think good things are about to happon in Conway with the jump to big time. 
Big time???? 

1stwordswerewoopig

Quote from: GreenBayPorkers on October 02, 2006, 03:57:18 pm
Quote from: 1stwordswerewoopig on October 02, 2006, 03:55:30 pm
Big time???? 

They are Division 1 AA this year..was Division 2 last year.
I'm fully aware of that.  Again, I say big time?

HogasaurusRex

Quote from: hawgabilly on October 02, 2006, 03:52:40 pm
I had to smile!
Four National titles in football, by the way 4 playmates of the year also have worked at a waffle house.
Look I can't help who I married; leave my wife outta this....
I've always liked the Bears.
I'm just wondering when they will put on "their Big Boy pants."

JDHogg

I had to smile!

I'm not sure which is more concerning........................
   a) four worked at waffle house
   b) being one that knows it

Fear the Bears!!
"That's why you want something a little different", says Nutt entering his 9th season on the hill.
"You look at Florida last year," Nutt says.  "They struggled with their offense because of change...overhaul change.  Change is hard."

Quoted from August 2006 Hootens's Arkansas Football.

hawgabilly

Quote from: HogasaurusRex on October 02, 2006, 04:00:17 pm
I had to smile!
If that's your wife why is she holding the camera?
oh right, your married, you don't get any anymore..

UCA's plan to be D-1A, in the next 10 years.

Kicking Wing

Quote from: hawgabilly on October 02, 2006, 04:09:37 pm
I had to smile!

Quote from: GreenBayPorkers on October 02, 2006, 04:03:28 pm
Quote from: 1stwordswerewoopig on October 02, 2006, 03:58:47 pm
Big time???? 

Well with the rate the town/school is growing..it is just a matter of time before they are a Div 1 A school in my opinion..Which I think would be good for the state..You've got two in North Arkansas,we could use on in South Arkansas.

UCA and Ark State should have a game each year at Indian Stadium.
Now it is correct.

HogasaurusRex

I had to smile!

She had set the timer in one of her "brighter" moments.
And you couldn't be more wrong in your second statement.

Thanks for answering the question.

SPAL

so far i have been to 2 UCA football games and i come away impressed with the bears...i also tailgated with some boys down there...good times. The bears will have some players playing on sunday.

hawgabilly

Who on here watch "The Clint Conque Show aka UCA Bear Report"??

hawgabilly

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 02, 2006, 04:26:05 pm
so far i have been to 2 UCA football games and i come away impressed with the bears...i also tailgated with some boys down there...good times. The bears will have some players playing on sunday.
As a UCA Alumni, thanks for the support.  Let's here from all the UCA fans.

JBucc

Read the guidelines for signature images.

SPAL

Quote from: hawgabilly on October 02, 2006, 04:27:59 pm
[/quote

ive actually liked the bears ever since Clark went there...i am a tech alumn, so realistically, i shoudl hate the bears...but truth be known, i only went to one tech game, the hogs were playin ULM, and i listened to it on the radio at the tech game....but i do have sense enough to know when a program like UCA is on the rise, so i jumped on the bandwagon early.

ejay286

If we play UCA it should be at WMS, it doesnt have to be at Indian.  WMS holds about 20,000 more than Indian stadium does and it would still be a good game.  If a BCS conference team like Okie State agreed to play a team like us at WMS then there is no reason we couldn't agree to play a D-1AA school at WMS.

No need to be arrogant ASU fans, you sound like some of the hog fans. (notice I said some, not all)

Kicking Wing

October 02, 2006, 04:48:52 pm #23 Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 04:53:10 pm by Kicking Wing
Quote from: ejay286 on October 02, 2006, 04:38:32 pm
If we play UCA it should be at WMS, it doesnt have to be at Indian.  WMS holds about 20,000 more than Indian stadium does and it would still be a good game.  If a BCS conference team like Okie State agreed to play a team like us at WMS then there is no reason we couldn't agree to play a D-1AA school at WMS.

No need to be arrogant ASU fans, you sound like some of the hog fans. (notice I said some, not all)
It's not arrogance, it's common sense.  We are a D1 school and OSU is D1 and they agreed to play for a guarantee and because they have a fan base in LR.  Nobody and I mean nobody in D1 plays D1AA teams on the road or at a true neutral site.  We found out this year that ASU draws better in JB than at WMS, so why play there unless it is the only way to get a team like OSU to come to the state?
I imagine a game against UCA would draw a capacity crowd at ASU and we would pocket all of the ticket sales, parking, concessions, etc. wiht zero expenses.  UCA would het their shot at us and a guarantee for playing and everyone would be happy.  Why in the world would we travel for what would essentially be a road game compared to UCA's trip and give up the revenue.  That doesn;t even take into account the fact that AUS plays MUCH better at home under Roberts.

I say play UCA and UAPB (if they will finally take the offer) every year in Jonesboro.

Kicking Wing

Quote from: GreenBayPorkers on October 02, 2006, 04:24:19 pm
Quote from: Kicking Wing on October 02, 2006, 04:18:59 pm
I had to smile!

Big time???? 

Well with the rate the town/school is growing..it is just a matter of time before they are a Div 1 A school in my opinion..Which I think would be good for the state..You've got two in North Arkansas,we could use on in South Arkansas.

Now it is correct.

I said WMS for bothe teams because they both play there to get numbers which are required to play in Div 1..heck..ASU even played a home game out of statea year or so ago in Kansas City I believe it was to get the required numbers...WMS could help them both get the numbers they need.
No need for a couple of reasons.  #1 we don't need the attendance anymore.  That ridiculous rule was modified when people realized just how many teams it might catch.  D1AA doesn't have an attendance requirement that I am aware of so they don't need it either.
#2  Both UCA and ASU have shown this year that their base is not in LR.  Boht schools have drawn better on their home fields despite playing teams at WMS that brought more fans than the home opponents.

There is just no compelling reaosn to play UCA in LR unless 50K are going to show up and someone is going to step up and make it worht ASU's while financially to play it there instead of at home.

Hog Gumbo

My Dad played in Conway in the sixties, loved the stories of playing against Ed Too tall Jones. I want the Bears to Succeed.

chiefsfan

Quote from: williamsB on October 02, 2006, 12:26:16 pm
ASU and their road game to Florida International.

Looks bigtime :)

Time for UCA to make a move on the injuns.

http://www.arkst.com/board/index.php?topic=26548.0

I dont know how this ended up merged with the UCA topic.  But alot of the Sun Belt stadiums are dumps.  There is no other way to put it.   ULL has a nice stadium and Troy does...  but other then those guys and ASU, the rest of the conference isnt alot to write home about.

FIU's field is a joke, and isnt D1 Ready.   Thankfully, they are building a new one.    Looking at FIU's stadium, made me think UCA has good facilities, and that is scary
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

HAWGTROT

Go Bears! My son-in law is a GA coach there. He is currently the all time leading receiver for UCA. If AF keeps getting 8 per game that record might fall soon though.

HAWGTROT

Arkstfan

ASU played Oklahoma State at WMS because that was the only way OSU would do it as home/home instead of 2 for 1.

ASU played Missouri at Kansas City because the NCAA had decreed that we would have to play 5 I-A home games and needed to cancel our game with Missouri in Columbia set for this year. Mizzou countered by offering to sell the game to ASU on the condition that it be played in Kansas City and we agreed because at the time we were slated to have only three league games at home and one I-AA. We had to have the game in order to meet I-A SCHEDULE requirements, not attendance requirements.

After the deal got done the NCAA agreed to phase in the schedule requirement and the conference shifted a road game to Jonesboro. We no longer needed that game, but the contract was already signed with Missouri and Arrowhead Stadium.

ASU won't be playing any I-AA games in WMS, and isn't likely to play any more games there period unless it is the only way to get a name team signed.

It would be silly to play UCA in WMS and pay rent on a dump when ASU has available a nicer facility rent free on campus that doesn't require spending money on a bus to get to and has more than adequate seating. Given that UCA turned back half of their 4,000 seat allotment of tickets the last two times they traveled to ASU, I don't see any pressing need to play them in Little Rock.

Kicking Wing

Quote from: Arkstfan on October 02, 2006, 05:41:30 pm
ASU played Oklahoma State at WMS because that was the only way OSU would do it as home/home instead of 2 for 1.

ASU played Missouri at Kansas City because the NCAA had decreed that we would have to play 5 I-A home games and needed to cancel our game with Missouri in Columbia set for this year. Mizzou countered by offering to sell the game to ASU on the condition that it be played in Kansas City and we agreed because at the time we were slated to have only three league games at home and one I-AA. We had to have the game in order to meet I-A SCHEDULE requirements, not attendance requirements.

After the deal got done the NCAA agreed to phase in the schedule requirement and the conference shifted a road game to Jonesboro. We no longer needed that game, but the contract was already signed with Missouri and Arrowhead Stadium.

ASU won't be playing any I-AA games in WMS, and isn't likely to play any more games there period unless it is the only way to get a name team signed.

It would be silly to play UCA in WMS and pay rent on a dump when ASU has available a nicer facility rent free on campus that doesn't require spending money on a bus to get to and has more than adequate seating. Given that UCA turned back half of their 4,000 seat allotment of tickets the last two times they traveled to ASU, I don't see any pressing need to play them in Little Rock.
What he said.

chiefsfan

Quote from: GreenBayPorkers on October 02, 2006, 04:24:19 pm
Quote from: Kicking Wing on October 02, 2006, 04:18:59 pm
I had to smile!

Big time???? 

Now it is correct.

I said WMS for bothe teams because they both play there to get numbers which are required to play in Div 1..heck..ASU even played a home game out of statea year or so ago in Kansas City I believe it was to get the required numbers...WMS could help them both get the numbers they need.

Naw, ASU inst gonna play at WMS again unless we literally play Arkansas there...  We dont draw enough down there to make it even worth it.   Why play a virtual road game against a 1AA school, when you can bring them to Jonesboro and sell out the stadium without any trouble.

UCA doesnt have any attendance requirements to meet...and ASU is no longer needing help to make the requirement.   We are averaging 20K+ for our Jonesboro home games as it is right now...   

As for when the two will play, no one really knows.  UCA I believe is still a year or so away from counting towards bowl eligibility for D1 schools.  Plus we have Memphis and SMU coming to Jonesboro next year, and the Memphis game is 30,000 bodies guranteed on a good day, and SMU might draw some with the regional rivalry.   

If UCA makes our schedule it wont be for a few years.   Maybe by then Arkansas will have a new AD  and maybe Arkansas can play some of its instate opponents, rather then paying teams like SEMO and Ul Monroe big money to make a meaningless game trip...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Arkstfan

With it being a near lock that WKU will begin playing a full Belt schedule in 2008, ASU will be dumping games rather than adding any for the next few years.

razor

How are Cedric Logan and Marcus Winston doing for the Bears?

LZH

Quote from: razor on October 02, 2006, 10:53:04 pm

I watched the Clint Conque show last nite.  They are doing fine.

Oh, BTW...UCA will overshadow ASU in five years (or sooner).  Go Bears!

pork-e-pine

UCA will overshadow ASU. But they are not bowl eligible for 5 years starting this year.  So they will take 7 years in my opinion.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

chiefsfan

Quote from: LedZepHog on October 02, 2006, 11:03:05 pm

You honestly believe that a 1AA school will overshadow a D1 school in this state?    What are you smoking.   Once some people here get off their little bear high, they will settle in as a D1AA school and wont be much more then that.   Sure right now it looks like they are gonna jump ahead and get alot of coverage very shortly.  But UCA bandwagoners need to remember that they are playing 4 D2 schools this year, and are playing 3 ranked D1AA schools.   Next year, they will play a full Southland schedule for the first time, and will begin the process of settling in at D1AA

Eventually, all of this will quiet down.   UCA will struggle some in the next few years, and fans will begin slowly jumping off the bandwagon.     Nothing they have done this year has proven to me that they can be anything great in 1AA.   Now they have proven that they have the coaching to win starting out... but whether or not that contines in the future remains to be seen

Still, there is no way you can honestly believe they will overshadow ASU...   Now they will get LR media coverage... and they are supposed to.    But alot of you people are getting way to ahead of yourselves.   I want UCA to win, sure... but you people are talking like they are National Championship Caliber...   Just wait till basketball season when they win all of 6 or 7 games this year, and lose by 60 to teams like UCONN...

SPAL

Quote from: HAWGTROT on October 02, 2006, 05:25:00 pm
Go Bears! My son-in law is a GA coach there. He is currently the all time leading receiver for UCA. If AF keeps getting 8 per game that record might fall soon though.

Norvell is your son in law huh, thats pretty neat...he was a heck of a WR...caught everything.

I watched the Clint Conque show last nite.  They are doing fine.

on the contrare, they arent doin much at all...ced has 9 balls for 90 yards and has a few punt returns for minimal gain and winston has caught 3 balls for 13 yards although he does have a TD. Lets face it tho, it is the Fairooz show, everybody else is just payin admission....

SPAL

Quote from: chiefsfan on October 02, 2006, 11:47:12 pm

and that is different from Jonesboro tech how?

You honestly believe that a 1AA school will overshadow a D1 school in this state?    What are you smoking.   Once some people here get off their little bear high, they will settle in as a D1AA school and wont be much more then that.   Sure right now it looks like they are gonna jump ahead and get alot of coverage very shortly.  But UCA bandwagoners need to remember that they are playing 4 D2 schools this year, and are playing 3 ranked D1AA schools.   Next year, they will play a full Southland schedule for the first time, and will begin the process of settling in at D1AA

Eventually, all of this will quiet down.   UCA will struggle some in the next few years, and fans will begin slowly jumping off the bandwagon.     Nothing they have done this year has proven to me that they can be anything great in 1AA.   Now they have proven that they have the coaching to win starting out... but whether or not that contines in the future remains to be seen

Still, there is no way you can honestly believe they will overshadow ASU...   Now they will get LR media coverage... and they are supposed to.    But alot of you people are getting way to ahead of yourselves.   I want UCA to win, sure... but you people are talking like they are National Championship Caliber...   Just wait till basketball season when they win all of 6 or 7 games this year, and lose by 60 to teams like UCONN...

louisianahawg

You honestly believe that a 1AA school will overshadow a D1 school in this state?    What are you smoking.   Once some people here get off their little bear high, they will settle in as a D1AA school and wont be much more then that.   Sure right now it looks like they are gonna jump ahead and get alot of coverage very shortly.  But UCA bandwagoners need to remember that they are playing 4 D2 schools this year, and are playing 3 ranked D1AA schools.   Next year, they will play a full Southland schedule for the first time, and will begin the process of settling in at D1AA

Eventually, all of this will quiet down.   UCA will struggle some in the next few years, and fans will begin slowly jumping off the bandwagon.     Nothing they have done this year has proven to me that they can be anything great in 1AA.   Now they have proven that they have the coaching to win starting out... but whether or not that contines in the future remains to be seen

Still, there is no way you can honestly believe they will overshadow ASU...   Now they will get LR media coverage... and they are supposed to.    But alot of you people are getting way to ahead of yourselves.   I want UCA to win, sure... but you people are talking like they are National Championship Caliber...   Just wait till basketball season when they win all of 6 or 7 games this year, and lose by 60 to teams like UCONN...
This is the same argument people had when we made the jump to D2.  Look at what we accomplished in D2.  It will be the same in 1-AA.  Face it, good coaching is good coaching and we have a very good one at that.  He will recruit better plus he has access to Louisiana, something ASU and UA don't have.

Adrenaline_Junkie

UCA SUCKS.................period.

Arkstfan

Quote from: pork-e-pine on October 02, 2006, 11:37:19 pm
UCA will overshadow ASU. But they are not bowl eligible for 5 years starting this year.  So they will take 7 years in my opinion.

Won't it be rather difficult for UCA to get bowl eligible playing 7 Southland Conference (I-AA) games every year since six qualifying wins are required on an 11 game slate.

hawgabilly

October 03, 2006, 08:19:34 am #42 Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 08:22:21 am by hawgabilly

You honestly believe that a 1AA school will overshadow a D1 school in this state?    What are you smoking.   Once some people here get off their little bear high, they will settle in as a D1AA school and wont be much more then that.   Sure right now it looks like they are gonna jump ahead and get alot of coverage very shortly.  But UCA bandwagoners need to remember that they are playing 4 D2 schools this year, and are playing 3 ranked D1AA schools.   Next year, they will play a full Southland schedule for the first time, and will begin the process of settling in at D1AA

Eventually, all of this will quiet down.   UCA will struggle some in the next few years, and fans will begin slowly jumping off the bandwagon.     Nothing they have done this year has proven to me that they can be anything great in 1AA.   Now they have proven that they have the coaching to win starting out... but whether or not that contines in the future remains to be seen

Still, there is no way you can honestly believe they will overshadow ASU...   Now they will get LR media coverage... and they are supposed to.    But alot of you people are getting way to ahead of yourselves.   I want UCA to win, sure... but you people are talking like they are National Championship Caliber...   Just wait till basketball season when they win all of 6 or 7 games this year, and lose by 60 to teams like UCONN...

Yes, I do, eventually.  

UCA has played ASU close and that was right after a move to D2 with a lot less scholarships, and a new coach.  Why won't ASU schedule UCA again?  I guess UCA played them a little too close.  Just give them time.

By the way I've been on the bandwagon for 25 years....and counting.

hawgabilly

Kicking Wing

The funny thing about all of this talk (I had no idea how many hog fans were UCA grads) is that the school that will likely do everything possible to avoid playing is UCA.  Right now they can schedule anyone they want and as long as they win more games than ASU, the common boogereating Joe out there will buy into this whole "UCA will beat ASU" bull.  People who actually know what they are talking about wouldn't spread such garbage.

It reminds me of the the whole "How long will the hogs run?" campaign back in the day.  ASU was VERY successful in D1AA at the time and gave a lot of D1 schools a scare and everyone sounded JUST like some of these people (I didn't say UCA fans because the real UCA fans know better).  Heck, you even had the overtime loss in basketball to bring up if you were in that group of ASU "fans", which sounds an awful lot like the UCA "fans" bringing up close losses from 10 years ago.

I know you get in trouble comparing scores and it has been pointed out numerous times, but UTM is now #24 in some polls and ASU regularly beats them by 40+.  In fact, that is what Coach Roberts does to all the D1AA teams he face.

Conque is a very good coach and recruiter, but so is Coach Roberts.  Roberts won at SAU for crying out loud and he recognizes talent like Josh Williams, Tyrell Johnson, Reggie Arnold, Khayyam Burns, Ben Owens, etc. that a lot of schools missed.

UCA doesn't suck, they are a very good D2 school making the transition to D1AA and are probably a middle of the pack D1AA team right now.  Calling for them to beat ANYONE in D1 at this point is just a matter of letting your emotions outrun your brain.

Arkstfan

Some pretty backward thinking but then that's not always shock in my home state.

Teams don't cannabilize UP the food chain, they cannabilize DOWN the food chain.

For example. ASU doesn't hurt UA, but our recruiting does come at the expense of the lower division schools in the state and at the expense of out-of-state schools that want to come in.

When recruiting tanked a few years back for the Hogs, it did serious damage to ASU because the Hogs were giving some full rides to kids who would have been walk-on offers at best. When you see Arkansas signing kids that only have offers from ASU and La.Tech, recruiting it tanking and ASU pays the price.

UCA's move to I-AA will hurt Division II football and basketball in Arkansas, but in a recruiting battle vs. ASU or UALR kids understand the food chain and more often than not they will pick ASU or UALR.

Again kids understand the food chain, so by virture of joining the Southland, UCA has lept past UAPB because the SWAC is so bad (zero I-AA playoff victories, always at risk of the NCAA Tournament Play-in game)

Kicking Wing

Quote from: Arkstfan on October 03, 2006, 08:38:10 am
Some pretty backward thinking but then that's not always shock in my home state.

Teams don't cannabilize UP the food chain, they cannabilize DOWN the food chain.

For example. ASU doesn't hurt UA, but our recruiting does come at the expense of the lower division schools in the state and at the expense of out-of-state schools that want to come in.

When recruiting tanked a few years back for the Hogs, it did serious damage to ASU because the Hogs were giving some full rides to kids who would have been walk-on offers at best. When you see Arkansas signing kids that only have offers from ASU and La.Tech, recruiting it tanking and ASU pays the price.

UCA's move to I-AA will hurt Division II football and basketball in Arkansas, but in a recruiting battle vs. ASU or UALR kids understand the food chain and more often than not they will pick ASU or UALR.

Again kids understand the food chain, so by virture of joining the Southland, UCA has lept past UAPB because the SWAC is so bad (zero I-AA playoff victories, always at risk of the NCAA Tournament Play-in game)
Exactly, I have always said that the better UA does on the field, the better ASU recruits.  Given the success Roberts has had recruiting the past couple of years, I can only imagine what he could do when UA's last class starts paying off.

Kids in Arkansas for the most part want to play for the hogs.  If they can't play for them, they want to go to an SEC school (except maybe Vandy or UK) or Big 12, etc.  If they can't make it to the BCS, they want to play D1.  It's an ego thing and HS athletes have that in truckloads.  What hurts ASU most is not UCa, but schools like Memphis and Tulsa having good years.

HawgPilot

hawgabilly

Quote from: Kicking Wing on October 03, 2006, 08:32:38 am
The funny thing about all of this talk (I had no idea how many hog fans were UCA grads) is that the school that will likely do everything possible to avoid playing is UCA.  Right now they can schedule anyone they want and as long as they win more games than ASU, the common boogereating Joe out there will buy into this whole "UCA will beat ASU" bull.  People who actually know what they are talking about wouldn't spread such garbage.

It reminds me of the the whole "How long will the hogs run?" campaign back in the day.  ASU was VERY successful in D1AA at the time and gave a lot of D1 schools a scare and everyone sounded JUST like some of these people (I didn't say UCA fans because the real UCA fans know better).  Heck, you even had the overtime loss in basketball to bring up if you were in that group of ASU "fans", which sounds an awful lot like the UCA "fans" bringing up close losses from 10 years ago.

I know you get in trouble comparing scores and it has been pointed out numerous times, but UTM is now #24 in some polls and ASU regularly beats them by 40+.  In fact, that is what Coach Roberts does to all the D1AA teams he face.

Conque is a very good coach and recruiter, but so is Coach Roberts.  Roberts won at SAU for crying out loud and he recognizes talent like Josh Williams, Tyrell Johnson, Reggie Arnold, Khayyam Burns, Ben Owens, etc. that a lot of schools missed.

UCA doesn't suck, they are a very good D2 school making the transition to D1AA and are probably a middle of the pack D1AA team right now.  Calling for them to beat ANYONE in D1 at this point is just a matter of letting your emotions outrun your brain.

Most UCA fans are also Hog fans, many like me like ASU.  I can even remember having a NIT Party and 95% of us, cheered for ASU against UA in Basketball in 1987.

UCA is growing fast, and will surpass ASU in students, if it hasn't already.  The facilities are top notch.  I haven't been to ASU, but hope to this year, since UCA doesn't have a home game in October.  I wish ASU lots of luck, But since UA won't play them I would hope they will play UCA.

I also know UCA could not beat ASU consisitently right now, but could still play a good game and might even win.  Just Like I know ASU could not beat the Hogs consisitently, but could play a close game and might even beat a down UA team.

This is not a "how long will they run" because the two teams have played recently, I just was hoping the games could be rescheduled.  Why do you state "the school that will likely do everything possible to avoid playing is UCA."??  I really didn't see that as a major issue, unlike the ASU/UA thing. 

Arkstfan

UCA and ASU don't overlap a lot in where we get our core of students. The recent growth in enrollment at UCA has been way overdue because you are located in a large population area and unlike UALR can offer the "college experience". Finally you have someone selling your strength.

I don't know what the ASU administration has in mind as to playing UCA in football. I know UCA is already popping up on schedules in other sports. In football, if ASU is going to spend money on a I-AA game, I'd just as soon that contract not be signed until UCA is given a shot at it. I've given up on ASU and UAPB playing. They've been offered numerous opportunities in football and I guess it just doesn't fit who they are. They don't step outside playing HBCU's very often. Their fans seemed pretty indifferent to games with UCA compared to someone like Florida A&M or Grambling and the last time ASU went to Pine Bluff to play them the crowd was more ASU than UAPB and it was a very small crowd.