Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All POST ABOUT....UCA Shooting (UPDATED)

Started by Razor6, October 26, 2008, 10:12:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kingoftherapids

Quote from: iknodarren on October 27, 2008, 01:59:55 am
yes there was another shooting down the street at Fox Run, tryna keep my ears open on that one....keep us in yalls prayers....

are you sure there was another at fox run? how do u know?

Hawgvillain

Out of curiosity - does anyone know how they caught 1 of the 4 suspects?

HogginAllDay&Nite

Quote from: mallard05 on October 27, 2008, 01:21:06 am
I got names but will not post them...Word is that one of the victims went to pine bluffs homecoming and got into it with a few people. Shooters believed to be from pine bluff. Tonight: White Rodeo followed one victim to state hall where there was reported 6 shots fired. 1 dead...2 others taken to hospital where another died..3rd victim was shot in the leg and was released. 1 suspect is in custody..3 others are on the run but i've heard several reports of police on campus holding a man at gun point.(not confirmed)

You know what...now that I think of it, I was at Pine Bluff's homecoming Saturday night and it was a huge get-together at the Budget Saver parking lot near the strip with a lot of Escalades, Chevy's...you know the deal....anyways we were out there chattin it up with some women in the parking lot when about 4 or 5 shots rang out...at first I thought it was car tires busting, but then we saw people leaving and police arriving...it was around 2:50 a.m. and people had came over there from the 'Main Event' party that went down that night....so I'm guessing what happened here sunday night was a retaliation of what happened in the parking in Pine Bluff early sunday morning.....
Loyal Razorback Fan Through It All

HogginAllDay&Nite

Quote from: Hawgvillain on October 27, 2008, 02:45:16 am
Out of curiosity - does anyone know how they caught 1 of the 4 suspects?

I heard something to the effects of one running into the building, but i could be wrong
Loyal Razorback Fan Through It All

doo-ran

Quote from: mallard05 on October 27, 2008, 12:47:43 am
negative ghostrider

Wrong. Many of the intersections in Conway do in fact have cameras.

Ulysses_S_Grunt

UCA Press conference on local news channels now.

chortle

Quote from: ScottFaldon on October 27, 2008, 09:45:57 am
I get the impression the second shooting story that made the rounds last night was just a rumor, right?

There has been nothing even mentioned by any of the parties involved. So I think that is an unsubstantiated rumor.

Lanny

UPDATE (Oct. 27, 9:45 a.m.): UCA held a press conference at 9 a.m. Central time at the Brewer-Hegeman Conference Center on the UCA campus.

The lead investigator for the case, UCAPD Lt. Preston Grumbles, confirmed that four suspects are believed to have been involved in the shooting, and two are now in custody. No UCA students are suspects. Grumbles said the incident does not appear to be random. He expressed confidence that the location of the other two suspects has been identified.

www.uca.edu
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Quote from: mhunterg13 on October 26, 2008, 11:22:08 pm
I go to school there too, all of my friends are on facebook, the school is on lockdown, nobody can leave, so everyone is on facebook and text messaging.. there were shootings in front of state, which i think are dorms, and one in front of the fox run apartments.. prayers go out to everyone involved.
You go to school there and you don't know that States a dorm?

Regardless, stay safe over there.  Prayers sent.
Proud member of the War Memorial Mafia

hawgfandude

Prayers to my undergratuate Alma Mater.  UCA is a great school as is Fayetteville.  Both are safe compared to most schools their size in other parts of the country.

Eggcellent

Could someone please delete the untrue starements of shootings at Fox Run and the 10 comfirmed deaths.

UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce

I'm actually still hearing that there was an unrelated shooting at Fox Run late last night, but no deaths.

ijustpork

Quote from: doo-ran on October 27, 2008, 06:41:23 am
Wrong. Many of the intersections in Conway do in fact have cameras.

Oh really now? well considering I work for the city of conway and don't have a clue go ahead and tell me that those "camera looking devices" on the stoplight aren't for emergency vehicles but are indeed recording devices! ha

cosmodrum

Quote from: mallard05 on October 27, 2008, 02:42:44 pm
Oh really now? well considering I work for the city of conway and don't have a clue go ahead and tell me that those "camera looking devices" on the stoplight aren't for emergency vehicles but are indeed recording devices! ha

I was told by someone in law inforcement that there is a camera at the Dave Ward/Farris stop light, and that the police were hoping the perp took that route because it may have given them the plates, make and model, etc.
Go away, batin'

kingoftherapids

Burned!

East Clintwood

They really are cameras  --  you just don't have the proper double naught secret clearance to have that knowledge.  The video feed goes straight to the level 8 sub-basement of the Denver airport.  There, the Lizard People use the information captured by the cameras to dispatch the black helicopters out to abduct people and/or mutilate cattle.   

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

ijustpork

Yea I'm sure UCA has cameras. The vast majority of high schools have them so I would assume UCA has plenty around campus.

ijustpork

October 27, 2008, 03:16:53 pm #117 Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 03:23:06 pm by mallard05
Quote from: East Clintwood on October 27, 2008, 03:15:25 pm

They really are cameras  --  you just don't have the proper double naught secret clearance to have that knowledge.  The video feed goes straight to the level 8 sub-basement of the Denver airport.  There, the Lizard People use the information captured by the cameras to dispatch the black helicopters out to abduct people and/or mutilate cattle.   

well chit...I forgot all about that

and about the camera at farris and dave ward...maybe they were using cameras from first state back right on the corner of farris and dave ward...I don't work for the street dept. but i'm pretty sure that there isn't any cameras there. When things like this happen people say all kinds of BS. They caught they guy driving down dave ward bc a witness at uca reported to the police what the car looked like and they pulled him over right down the road from uca on dave ward.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: hawgfandude on October 27, 2008, 12:01:33 pm
Prayers to my undergratuate Alma Mater.  UCA is a great school as is Fayetteville.  Both are safe compared to most schools their size in other parts of the country.
UCA is my Alma Mater also, Class 1985.  I stayed my first two years in Arkansas Hall.  I was up there this past Monday for a campus tour with my wife and daughter.  She says she wants to follow dad to UCA and go to the UCA's Physical Therapy school.  Believe me, this hits home!

Brenttpt

Quote from: UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce on October 27, 2008, 02:12:10 pm
I'm actually still hearing that there was an unrelated shooting at Fox Run late last night, but no deaths.

I live next to fox run and know people that live there. I didn't see any police cars there and none of my friends said they saw anything. There were about 5 police cars in the adjacent parking lot searching a car.

UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce

Okay, then, guess there was nothing. I know a few people living in Bear Village that swore there were shots fired at Fox Run. Oh well, no one's sure what really happened, I'm just glad there weren't more deaths.

BloodRedHog

Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

Brenttpt

Quote from: UltraRedDeltaNinjaForce on October 27, 2008, 07:51:54 pm
Okay, then, guess there was nothing. I know a few people living in Bear Village that swore there were shots fired at Fox Run. Oh well, no one's sure what really happened, I'm just glad there weren't more deaths.

ya it was crazy with the rumors, i didn't know what was going on. I live next to fox run so I just finally decided to leave and go somewhere away from campus.

Khallos

new email from UCA Alumni mailing list:

This additional information has been posted at www.uca.edu/news

The UCA Police Department this evening is transferring the four suspects in Sunday's shooting incident to the Faulkner County Detention Center, where they will be detained pending charges.

The Faulkner County Prosecutor is expected to file charges against the suspects by 1 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 28.

The suspects are:

Kawin Brockton of Conway, Black male, DOB 9-20-89
Kelsey Perry of Morrilton, Black male, DOB 4-14-89
Mario Toney of Little Rock, Black male, DOB 3-24-88
Brandon Wade of Lake Village, Black male, DOB 8-19-88

Perry is the fourth and final suspect to turn himself in to the UCA Police Department.

The UCAPD and the Faulkner County Prosecutor's Office will hold a press conference after the charges are filed.

JBucc

I'm guessing the drive by happened on the road between State and Arkansas? I stayed in State when I was there and that's where guys usually were standing outside at night, in the little pathway between Arkansas Hall and the Fine Arts center.
Read the guidelines for signature images.

Devil_Dog

its a damn shame..i know all of them and went to school with couple of them

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

sailor11

Quote from: JBucc on October 28, 2008, 10:09:28 am
I'm guessing the drive by happened on the road between State and Arkansas? I stayed in State when I was there and that's where guys usually were standing outside at night, in the little pathway between Arkansas Hall and the Fine Arts center.
Yes,that's where it happened.  My son is a resident in Arkansas Hall and that's where the shooting happened and one of the bodies was found.