Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Attention All UCA students Who Are Reading Hogville!!!

Started by doo-ran, December 05, 2007, 10:30:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip Seaton

Quote from: happyhawgal on December 05, 2007, 06:09:58 pm
Boll Weevil and UCA alumni here. I could visit both sites.

Seriously, UCA is growing faster than another other school in Arkansas including U of A Fayetteville.
I hate there is no place to park any more at UCA.

I left Monticello in 75 and have never returned!

I know, it is growing at quite a nice clip...it is actually amazing to compare the campus now from even 10 years ago.

MasterChiefHog

Hell, I'm going back to school! Any of the girls like Sailors????
Quote from: oldman1015 on December 28, 2017, 11:40:00 am
Having a bad day or always a dick?
Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on December 06, 2019, 09:39:55 am
Sorry fo any misspells or paragraph s. I m on a scaffold.
Quote from: Hogwild on October 18, 2018, 08:23:47 amSince we are being optimistic, let's go full tilt boogie! If we win out, Ole Miss wins out, and Bama loses out. Then all we need is Miss. State to win against LSU & Texas A&M, and then have the Aggies upset LSU. 
And then we are hanging an SEC WEST Champion banner.

bcshog

Quote from: RazorChick on December 05, 2007, 10:52:53 am
Can I pimp my site to Hogville, too?  Doesn't have a darn thing to do with Razorback Athletics, but what the heck!  Throw in a couple of scantily clad good looking young ladies and it makes it all right?  Come on mods...this is not why I'm here.
No one cares why you are here!  That was a quality post.

Ceba

Bigdaddy Freaknasty

December 06, 2007, 11:50:33 am #54 Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 11:55:00 am by Bigdaddy Freaknasty
what happen to the post with pics?

n/m....just saw the "don't post pics without consent" thread....well there goes any reason to visit that site  :'(

DT

Quote from: Bigdaddy Freaknasty on December 06, 2007, 11:50:33 am
what happen to the post with pics?

Probably got pulled because the girls did not give their permission. I know of at least 2 girls in there who were not from UCA that had pictures on there, and they were pissed.

Lanny

Rule of thumb

Don't put pictures up without their permission
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Philip Seaton

Quote from: hSv on December 06, 2007, 12:01:24 pm
Rule of thumb

I second that...can get u in trouble.

Philip Seaton

Quote from: hSv on December 06, 2007, 12:01:24 pm
Rule of thumb

Hey did you know that the basketball team won their 8th straight last night with a win over Idaho, they are now 8-1 having not lost a game since Kentucky!

sloppyhog

Cleveland HAWG

Very exciting times for UCA sports programs. They are making the transition to D1 very well.
I joined.......UCA dad
BRAIN:"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
PINKY: I think so Brain, but if you replace the P with an O, my name would be Oinky, wouldn't it?

Philip Seaton

Quote from: Cleveland HAWG on December 06, 2007, 01:10:20 pm
Very exciting times for UCA sports programs. They are making the transition to D1 very well.
I joined.......UCA dad

Thanks for joining! There are some exciting things going at UCA right now!

hoel48

Quote from: DT on December 06, 2007, 11:54:40 am
Probably got pulled because the girls did not give their permission. I know of at least 2 girls in there who were not from UCA that had pictures on there, and they were pissed.

yeah, just like the kardashian girls and paris hilton, huh :) ? here's a better idea: if you don't want pictures or videos of you acting like a skank to be posted on the net for the world to see, don't let pictures or videos of yourself acting like a skank be taken.  this is a world where no one wants to take accountability for their own actions.  aren't you involved in the "transaction" if you gave the "permission" for the picture to be taken in the first place?  those girls looked like they had absolutely no problem getting scantily clad (and problem less or no clothes at times or in other pics) and prancing around in front of god and everybody at a frat party while dry humping on the dance floor and dancing like a stripper.  give me a frikkin' break!!!! you think half of those girls are worried about their image?!  they'll flaunt their stuff all night long (and maybe even give it up) to someone that has money, popularity, or something else of equivalent value to offer, but god forbid that someone post a picture of them doing what they actually do in real-life up somewhere.  then they all cry "we were misrepresented in those pictures!!!" and "we wouldn't have acted like that if we knew we were on camera!!!!"  of course you wouldn't have, because then you wouldn't have to worry about mommy or daddy or the sponsor of your philanthropy organization getting wind of it and cutting the funding that allows you to act like a skank on the weekend in the first place.

don't get me wrong; SOME of these girls are probably respectable and have every right to have a good time, but the hipocrisy that is being displayed here just amazes me.  here's an even better example:  a friend of my wife's was in a certain sorority at UCA (cough!!! sigma kappa!!!! cough!!!!!).  she got pregnant out of wedlock a year after going through all the BS, degradation, and a ridiculous amount of money in dues that they make those girls pay to not even have a real sorority house (just a meeting room in a dorm).  what does her sorority do?  instead of supporting her to make her own decision when she wanted to give the kid a chance to live, they kicked her to the curb chancellor white style just for the sake of keeping their "good name."  and what do they do if a girl gets pregnant and has an abortion?  bingo!!! they turn the other cheek and let her stay in!  integrity is a rare quality these days.
Insanity:  doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.  -Albert Einstein

Philip Seaton

Quote from: Ceba on December 05, 2007, 07:18:11 pm
Arkansas State would get their ass kicked by UCA.

Well it would surely be an entertaining game!

HOGPICKER

I was there part time 77 to 79.  Good times.  Wound up getting degree elsewhere but loved UCA.
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."  Joe Theismann

HOGPICKER

Quote from: philip.seaton on December 06, 2007, 01:28:52 pm
Well it would surely be an entertaining game!
Well, AState didn't exactly get their ass kicked by Texas, and you seem so sure UCA could do it.  Thanks for the info.  When UCA ups their rent a win stock, let us know.  When was the last time they made a trip to aTm, Austin, Lincoln, Auburn or Knoxville?   
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."  Joe Theismann

Philip Seaton

Quote from: HOGPICKER on December 06, 2007, 01:39:52 pm
Well, AState didn't exactly get their ass kicked by Texas, and you seem so sure UCA could do it.  Thanks for the info.  When UCA ups their rent a win stock, let us know.  When was the last time they made a trip to aTm, Austin, Lincoln, Auburn or Knoxville?  

Give them time, this is the first year for a D-1 schedule...some of those type games will be on tap in the future.

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Philip Seaton

DT

Quote from: hoel48 on December 06, 2007, 01:16:43 pm
yeah, just like the kardashian girls and paris hilton, huh :) ? here's a better idea: if you don't want pictures or videos of you acting like a skank to be posted on the net for the world to see, don't let pictures or videos of yourself acting like a skank be taken.  this is a world where no one wants to take accountability for their own actions.  aren't you involved in the "transaction" if you gave the "permission" for the picture to be taken in the first place?  those girls looked like they had absolutely no problem getting scantily clad (and problem less or no clothes at times or in other pics) and prancing around in front of god and everybody at a frat party while dry humping on the dance floor and dancing like a stripper.  give me a frikkin' break!!!! you think half of those girls are worried about their image?!  they'll flaunt their stuff all night long (and maybe even give it up) to someone that has money, popularity, or something else of equivalent value to offer, but god forbid that someone post a picture of them doing what they actually do in real-life up somewhere.  then they all cry "we were misrepresented in those pictures!!!" and "we wouldn't have acted like that if we knew we were on camera!!!!"  of course you wouldn't have, because then you wouldn't have to worry about mommy or daddy or the sponsor of your philanthropy organization getting wind of it and cutting the funding that allows you to act like a skank on the weekend in the first place.

don't get me wrong; SOME of these girls are probably respectable and have every right to have a good time, but the hipocrisy that is being displayed here just amazes me.  here's an even better example:  a friend of my wife's was in a certain sorority at UCA (cough!!! sigma kappa!!!! cough!!!!!).  she got pregnant out of wedlock a year after going through all the BS, degradation, and a ridiculous amount of money in dues that they make those girls pay to not even have a real sorority house (just a meeting room in a dorm).  what does her sorority do?  instead of supporting her to make her own decision when she wanted to give the kid a chance to live, they kicked her to the curb chancellor white style just for the sake of keeping their "good name."  and what do they do if a girl gets pregnant and has an abortion?  bingo!!! they turn the other cheek and let her stay in!  integrity is a rare quality these days.

Not sure if that was directed more towards me or the girls. My point was more than whoever posted them on the UCA website was misrepresenting things. Several of those pictures came from girls on the other side of the country, nowhere near UCA.

Philip Seaton

Philip Seaton

Quote from: HogDart on December 05, 2007, 12:04:14 pm
Same for me buddy! I wouldn't trade my UCA experience for the world, but I will always say Go Hogs first and foremost!

Supporting two programs is allowed!

Philip Seaton

Quote from: sloppyhog on December 06, 2007, 12:58:55 pm
Go check out the website!! It's great!!

Yep lots of work done on it! Come on over and follow the Bears!

sonsahog

Bear from 74 to 78. What memories! Even went to Ton's a few times for kool aid.

Go Bears!

AllenK

Quote from: ThunderHog on December 05, 2007, 12:05:04 pm
And now they have given away more scholarships than allowed by the state, have too many students for the infrastructure, have created fees, raised other fees and jacked up tuition.  They are currently begging the state for more money for campus upgrades and other building projects. 

It was cheaper than that at HSU! I can't believe how much it costs to go to even a small school these days!
Not drinkin'the Kool-Aid...

Kenny Dowell Loggains

wowie!!!  a sub par message board!!!  yippie.  where do I sign up oooooohhhhhhh gooooooooddy gumdrops!

Philip Seaton

Quote from: gguillo on December 06, 2007, 07:45:28 pm
wowie!!!  a sub par message board!!!  yippie.  where do I sign up oooooohhhhhhh gooooooooddy gumdrops!

Well the board is for UCA fans, u are entitled to your opinion.

Verge

UCA is a glorified junior college. This is HOGville, not purple honeybearville, you do know who uses the color purple right?

Philip Seaton

Quote from: Verge on December 07, 2007, 01:31:42 pm
UCA is a glorified junior college. This is HOGville, not purple honeybearville, you do know who uses the color purple right?

You too are entitled to your opinion.

ArrowsATC

Quote from: Verge on December 07, 2007, 01:31:42 pm
Royalty, for hundreds of years.

Philip Seaton

Bryan (CHF)

An old thread but still very relevant. Lanny has added a political and religion forum to the site for the masses and we are always looking for folks to come over and discuss all things Bears ;D

http://www.purplebears.net/forums/index.php
Quote from: Doc Holliday
Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it!

jkstock04

I just don't get whats up with the infatuation with UCA on Hogville.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

cosmodrum

Quote from: jkstock04 on April 16, 2009, 09:03:39 am

Many alums on this site, including myself. Forgive Lanny and Co. for advertising their site on Hogville. It's a no-brainer to do so.
Go away, batin'

Lanny

Quote from: jkstock04 on April 16, 2009, 09:03:39 am

I own the UCA site and FearlessFriday therefore I will promote the other sites.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

jkstock04

Quote from: cosmodrum on April 16, 2009, 09:10:23 am
Many alums on this site, including myself. Forgive Lanny and Co. for advertising their site on Hogville. It's a no-brainer to do so.
Most people I've known who attended and graduated (and I've known my fair share) from D2 schools within the state were very anti-razorback...but perhaps I'm in the minority with my experiences.

You can for sure throw in A-State fans in there as being anti-razorback.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

cosmodrum

Quote from: jkstock04 on April 16, 2009, 02:48:46 pm
Most people I've known who attended and graduated (and I've known my fair share) from D2 schools within the state were very anti-razorback...but perhaps I'm in the minority with my experiences.

I'm more of Razorback fan than a Bear fan, although I am both. I also attended both schools.
Go away, batin'

hoggusamoungus

I graduated from UCA in '82 and it was easy to support both teams.  Did double headers when the Hogs played afternoon games in LR and the Bears had a home night game.  If the timing was right, had time to stop at Morgan for a few brews and some shuffleboard.

spe450

I think you may be in the minority.  Everyone that I tailgate with, young or old, graduated from a different school than the U of A.  We would shuffle entire fraternity functions so that we could have time to watch Razorback's games.  I am a huge Bear fan but I grew up with the Hogs, as both my parents attended Arkansas. 

As an aside, I obtained a Masters from La Tech and am not a big fan of the Bulldogs.  I enjoy keep up with individuals and may pay attention when they do well, but I won't go out of my way to follow them.

Tripod1

I think you are in a minority.  I graduated from UCA in 72 (SCA then), and we followed the Hogs big time, watched all games on tv, went to LR and Fayetteville to see them play, all while being a Bear fan as well.  I follow the Hogs far more closely than I do the Bears today, yet still am a fan of both.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Two wrongs don't make a D'Nerian Wrighter on December 07, 2007, 01:28:36 pm
Well the board is for UCA fans, u are entitled to your opinion.

UCA already had a board before you guys came up with purplebears.   that board is still active today.   

Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

chiefsfan

It all depends on who they value first.  There are alot of current UCA students who grew up rorback fans, and alot of alums who grew up that way.  They will still cheer for Arkansas

However of the more recent alum base there is becoming alot  more of an anti razorback trend, and you will see more and more of it now even at the D2 level

UCA will become even more anti razorback when they become fully D1 in football
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

LibraryHog

Quote from: chiefsfan on April 17, 2009, 01:17:32 pm
UCA already had a board before you guys came up with purplebears.   that board is still active today.

Yep, that's the board I go to.

oldbear

I am a UCA alum from 88. Old scrot and was on the football team for four years. Yes, we were very jealous of the attention the Hogs received at that time. While you are in the moment it is hard to see why another team that is not winning gets all the attention. The Hogs were not very good at times during that period.

I don't think anyone would question whether I am a Hog fan at this point in time but I still follow and root for the Bears. I recognize that I was simply jealous at the time and have grown out of it.

Purplebears is a great site. I appreciate Lanny and crew for having it.

cosmodrum

Quote from: oldbear on April 17, 2009, 03:20:13 pm
I am a UCA alum from 88. Old scrot and was on the football team for four years. Yes, we were very jealous of the attention the Hogs received at that time. While you are in the moment it is hard to see why another team that is not winning gets all the attention. The Hogs were not very good at times during that period.

I don't think anyone would question whether I am a Hog fan at this point in time but I still follow and root for the Bears. I recognize that I was simply jealous at the time and have grown out of it.

Purplebears is a great site. I appreciate Lanny and crew for having it.

SKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROT!
Go away, batin'