Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FYI.....UCA v. Texas State tonight on FSN 7pm

Started by proud2bpork, October 11, 2007, 02:20:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

proud2bpork

Heads up on UCA playing tonight on FSN just in case you wanted to watch a football game with Arkansas connections.  7 pm kickoff.

Go BEARS!!!!!

later.  proud

OTTER

Hey, this is a chance to watch a team with some offensive imagination!!  Even though I grew up in Russellville pulling for Ark. Tech----Go Bears!!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

pimpndistress

:razorback:  FIRE JEFF LONG :razorback:
SMITE ME IF YOU LOVE  JEFF LONG [move]

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

pioneerbasketball

proud2bpork

Quote from: OTTER on October 11, 2007, 03:22:43 pm
Hey, this is a chance to watch a team with some offensive imagination!!  Even though I grew up in Russellville pulling for Ark. Tech----Go Bears!!
UCA vs. Tech was an awesome rivalry.  I miss the days of the AIC.  Played a rival every Saturday.

Go Bears!!!

later.  proud

1highhog

UCA is one team in Arkansas that I love to keep up with besides the Hogs.  I hope one day they will be competing with the Big boys.  Anyone know what their status is now and how much longer before they can go to bowl games?

proud2bpork

Quote from: 1highhog on October 11, 2007, 03:59:59 pm
UCA is one team in Arkansas that I love to keep up with besides the Hogs.  I hope one day they will be competing with the Big boys.  Anyone know what their status is now and how much longer before they can go to bowl games?
Division 1-A.  Their basketball team is Division 1.  They played UCONN last year and will play Kentucky this year in their first home game with Gillespie. 

Football not bowl eligible.  Basketball is NCAA tourney eligible.

later.  proud

LoseAnutt

Quote from: 1highhog on October 11, 2007, 03:59:59 pm
UCA can't participate in bowl games cuz their in the Championship Subdivision, formerally Division 1AA. The only Bowl Subdivision, formerly Division1A, schools in the state are University of Arkansas and Arkansas State University.

40YrHogFan

Does 1-AA still have a championship series?

I watched Sam Houston St and some other team last year in the semi finals. It was a heck of a game.

LoseAnutt

Quote from: 40YrHogFan on October 11, 2007, 04:16:22 pm
Does 1-AA still have a championship series?

I watched Sam Houston St and some other team last year in the semi finals. It was a heck of a game.
1-AA is now called the Championship Subdivision, so yes. We are in the Bowl Subdivision, formerally called Division 1-A

OTTER

Can you imagine, in one game, 14 different people caught at least one pass!!  I was listening this morning to the Buzz and when they brought up that stat, I about choked on my coffee!!  I still pull for Ark. Tech but I'm glad we aren't playing them this year.  Ole Nutt had better be glad too!!!!!!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Fence Jockey

Just Kicked off! Go Bears!!!!

Arkansas needs a Win!

Dugann

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

1highhog

UCA has a very good passing game so far, not as much run so far, but their defense is having some early breakdowns.

1highhog

does anyone know what # Cedric Logan is wearing?

PorkBrainz

the game is also on FOXSOUTHWEST. if you have Direct TV it's on channel 643.

Looks like this is going to be a great game to watch! 7-7 right now.

Go Bears!! :)
Go Hogs!

1highhog

Yeah, I'm sitting here watching it, fun game so far

1highhog

UCA's running game coming into play, touchdown UCA!  I like this offense.

1highhog

This is the first time I've actually seen UCA on T.V.

1highhog

So let me get this right, UCA can't compete for a Championship until sometime in 2010?  Can someone tell me what a school the size of UCA has to do to become Division 1 like the Hogs?

cmakrzrbak

Nathan Brown would start for us.  He is leaps and bounds more fundamentally sound than Casey.  He has a 70% completion percentage.  Do we even hit 70% in practice?  I would conger not.
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

1highhog

I would'nt go that far, but I think they could be a descent challenge.

hogwildinhouston

Quote from: cmakrzrbak on October 11, 2007, 07:39:45 pm
Do we even hit 70% in practice?  I would conger not.

Against our secondary, yes, even Casey is probably near that.

chortle

UCA has a TE, and I'll be darned if they USE him.

Oliver

Quote from: cmakrzrbak on October 11, 2007, 07:39:45 pm
Nathan Brown would start for us.  He is leaps and bounds more fundamentally sound than Casey.  He has a 70% completion percentage.  Do we even hit 70% in practice?  I would conger not.

You give Nathan Brown our coaching staff and you might rethink that.

LoseAnutt

i know we're tryna support our in-state brotheren and all, but this game is kinda boring. you can see the talent gap between us and these 1AA, championship subdivision, or whatever you call these rent-a-win teams now. oh wait Tennessee-Chatanooga is d1AA too. uhmm nevermind.

1highhog

Nathan Brown would probaly make a good "hander offer" for the Hogs

bacchusrider

A shame the bears look better tonight than the hogs have all year.  Bears have a QB and recievers that can play catch, and a coach that seems to know a lil something about play calling.

GOOOOOOOOOO BEARS
go Hogs go

1highhog

What's this new fangled flinging the ball downfield thing UCA does?  Maybe Arkansas needs to look into this, new concept.

1highhog

1highhog

Oliver

Quote from: 1highhog on October 11, 2007, 07:46:22 pm
What's this new fangled flinging the ball downfield thing UCA does?  Maybe Arkansas needs to look into this, new concept.

That won't work in the SEC.

RebelliousHog

TD Bears.   Brown is a accurate cat. Only way I can see D1 teams passing on him has to be his height (6'1"). He certainly has the arm.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

LoseAnutt

Quote from: 1highhog on October 11, 2007, 07:39:08 pm
So let me get this right, UCA can't compete for a Championship until sometime in 2010?  Can someone tell me what a school the size of UCA has to do to become Division 1 like the Hogs?
uca is already division 1 of the championship subdivision. if they wanted to be div1A like us they would have to increase their athletic scholarships and average atleast 15,000 attendance in football, and they would have to compete in atleast 16 different sports. overall student enrollment has nothing to do with athletic division status. if that was the case then ole miss would be like division 3 in football. arkansas has four schools with a larger enrollment than ole miss.

PorkBrainz

WOW! can we trade Dick for Brown?? that kid can PASS! and the ball actually gets caught too!  ;D
This is a football game!!!! 21-7 UCA!
Go Hogs!

1highhog

hogwildinhouston

Quote from: PorkBrainz on October 11, 2007, 07:50:26 pm
WOW! can we trade Dick for Brown?? that kid can PASS! and the ball actually gets caught too!  ;D
This is a football game!!!! 21-7 UCA!

This is one of the most diverse, balanced offenses I've seen in a long time.

Just imagine that type of creativity with Jones, McFadden, Hillis, etc.....

Bash Casey Dick all you want guys, but put him in this offense and give him Clint Conque working with him.....and he'd look just as good as Nathan Brown.   Just remember what Zak Clark looked like in Nutt's offense, and what he looked like in Conque's offense at UCA.

1highhog

Nathan Brown is kicking some Azz right now, looking good.

chortle

UCA just ran the Wildcat.

Clint Conque invented that. No wait, Danny did.

1highhog

hogwildinhouston-Good point.  It pisses me off to think of the offensive weapons we have but not a coach with enough creativity to utilize it properly.  Hillis, Jones, and Darren could lead to an almost unstoppable offense if utilized properly.

1highhog

1highhog

I wish UCA had their names on their jerseys, I would like to see if Cedric Logan is even starting for them.

PorkBrainz

This is one of the most diverse, balanced offenses I've seen in a long time.

""Just imagine that type of creativity with Jones, McFadden, Hillis, etc.....

Bash Casey Dick all you want guys, but put him in this offense and give him Clint Conque working with him.....and he'd look just as good as Nathan Brown.   Just remember what Zak Clark looked like in Nutt's offense, and what he looked like in Conque's offense at UCA.""

I sure can't argue with you there. There's no telling how much talent has been wasted under the Nutt regime. These kids deserve So much BETTER!

wow...another TD! UCA is rippin Texas St. a new one!
Go Hogs!

elkhog

GO HOGS!!!

hogwildinhouston

Guys, Conque is putting on an offensive clinic. 

Texas State has no idea what UCA is going to do next.

You've wondered what being unpredictable would be like?  Tune in to Fox and find out.

THHAWG

UCA is scoring so fast it is just messing Texas State up!

1highhog

Can you imagine what Hogville would be like if we had the Hogs playing in this kind of offense?  This is so much fun watching that everybody would, might, be on the same side.

ark30inf

As an ASU fan its good to see an Arkansas team making noise in the Southland again.  I expect UCA to dominate that conference very soon.

1highhog

Trav34-Hooty is still trying to figure out what is going on with this QB flinging the ball out of his hands, Hooty thinks the QB is fumbling the ball away.