Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will the Hogs schedule ASU??

Started by TNRazorbacker, September 19, 2007, 04:02:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripod1

Quote from: King Smack on September 19, 2007, 04:56:43 pm
Why would the Razorbacks play little brother? It is a no win situation for the UofA. We beat them.... we are suppose too. There is nothing to gain in playing them.
Not a valid argument any more.  Why play directional schools or a Troy state then if you are going to use that argument.  All cupcakes are a lose - lose deal if you stand by your argument.  I am not saying play them to help them recruit or upgrade or anything like that.  I say step out of the dark ages and recognize our other D1 schools in the state and establish some in-state tradition.  Only makes sense to me.

Tripod1

Quote from: mj4president on September 19, 2007, 05:20:44 pm
Why in world do people want this game? Don't say peole would rather see this game over Auburn or Tennessee etc because they dont. You think they would pay 100 a ticket like some fool said earlier this year then your wrong. They are a crappy school that we should not play. If we win so what, but if we lose then we are a laughing stock.
Totally wrong.  And besides, if they are a crappy school then there is no danger of getting beat.  Why play UT-Chattonoga (?) if you are going to argue that point?  Why play UL-Monroe and let them count it as THEIR home game?  Why play Troy?  I just don't see your point here. 

MountieDawg

Quote from: Hogginitall on September 20, 2007, 08:17:55 am
Quote from: MountieDawg on September 20, 2007, 08:07:33 am
Why would the Razorbacks play little brother? It is a no win situation for the UofA. We beat them.... we are suppose too. There is nothing to gain in playing them.
Nothing to gain by beating all the directional Louisanna schools either or any of the Sun Belt teams...  Other than a easy victory the fans dont want to watch.... the fans would rather watch an in state game that at least their would be some antimosity.... Not a single fan is pumped up saying I cant wait to play troy

The deal is, Arkansas State has everything to gain.  If they beat Arkansas, it would be the talk of the nation.  If Arkansas beats them by 20 pts like the should, nobody talks about it.  Arkansas wouldn't get any credit for beating them, but would take a huge blow nationally and statewide if they lost to them.  It would be stupid to play them, in my opinion.
Do you not think if a Louisianna Directional school beat Arkansas it wouldn't help their recruiting... Remember... Hogs dont recruit instate players!   Houston doesn't want them... they will spread the truth in the state on how horrible a coach he is...  Scheduling lesser schools has 2 purposes!!!  1) Big pay day for the smaller school  2) a WIN for the bigger school 99.8% of the time!!!
SEC!

drivetimeporks

i say let 'em play. here in co they have u of colorado and colorado state play each year, and yes, CU should win most of the time, but usually its a war, and i cant see any more harm than playing north texas state or some other "AIC" school..at least A state is D-I..should use it as a tool to keep/fire coaches..if the UA coach loses, throw his a** out....

hogsanity

Let them play just like any other rent a win from the sunbelt.  In Fay, at night. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

slopinhogs

Ole Miss and TT comes to Jonesboro.
why not ARK  :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

DeltaBoy

I agree with the other posters either play ASU or dump the Sunbelt from our schedule all together.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Kicking Wing

Why in world do people want this game? Don't say peole would rather see this game over Auburn or Tennessee etc because they dont. You think they would pay 100 a ticket like some fool said earlier this year then your wrong. They are a crappy school that we should not play. If we win so what, but if we lose then we are a laughing stock.
Exactly, why are the hogs playing UT Chatanooga, ULM, UNT and Troy???  Oh.... wait.

Seriously, the "nothing to gain argument is the stupidest thing I have ever heard and it keeps on going thanks to pumpers like Rick Schaeffer.

If you aren't going to play games where the only thing you have to gain is a win, then just get rid of the football program because about half the games on the schedule fit that criteria.  That is, unless you think losing to UT Chatanooga or ULM would go unnoticed and cause no damage to the program.

I go to every single ASU home game and usualy a hog and UCA game as well and that won't change, but I just don't get this bassackwards support for such a ridiculous policy that even those people down in Louisiana have abandoned.

As for UCA, the will play ASU as soon as ASU starts scheduling D1AA opponents again.  They already play in other sports.

drivetimeporks

Quote from: Kicking Wing on September 20, 2007, 10:56:34 am
Exactly, why are the hogs playing UT Chatanooga, ULM, UNT and Troy???  Oh.... wait.

Seriously, the "nothing to gain argument is the stupidest thing I have ever heard and it keeps on going thanks to pumpers like Rick Schaeffer.

If you aren't going to play games where the only thing you have to gain is a win, then just get rid of the football program because about half the games on the schedule fit that criteria.  That is, unless you think losing to UT Chatanooga or ULM would go unnoticed and cause no damage to the program.

I go to every single ASU home game and usualy a hog and UCA game as well and that won't change, but I just don't get this bassackwards support for such a ridiculous policy that even those people down in Louisiana have abandoned.

As for UCA, the will play ASU as soon as ASU starts scheduling D1AA opponents again.  They already play in other sports.

i gotta agree here..IF were gonna play a NAIA level team, why not at least play ASU?

tolerati

I would rather lose to an in-state rival than an out of state nobody....I think a loss to Tenn-Chat would be worse than losing to A-State...most states and schools have in-state rivals so it would be more understandable.... I think Arkansas risks more losing to a nobody school than to A-State...and besides I think the game would benefit the State of Arkansas....and isn't it time the whole state benefit rather than just the UA. I am big UA supporter but I think keeping ASU a step-child is no way to help benefit the whole state and ultimately the UA. It makes good business sense to keep Arkansas money in Arkansas and despite what even the most optimistic Razorback supporter could hope...not every one in Arkansas is or will be a Razorback fan. If the Razorbacks beat ASU...like they are supposed to...then it does help the UA because they still get a win and its over a Div 1 school plus the money stays in Arkansas and works its way back into UA and ASU coffers.
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

tolerati

Personally if they have such a game, I think it should be played in Little Rock. It would be about halfway and create something new and exciting for the state. The biggest problem for UA would potential recruiting war losses. What if some 4 and 3 star Arkansas players opted to play for ASU rather than UA? For UA not playing ASU means keeping a recruiting edge...which means the UA would actually have to offer something to recruits more than simply playing in the SEC...which is a big draw, no doubt anyway. But Oklahoma State rarely threatens OU...and I would expect that a UA/ASU series would be similar. The UA will dominate the series...much like Texas dominates Tex A&M, Alabama & Auburn, OU and OSU, Michigan & Michigan St.
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

drivetimeporks

Quote from: tolerati on September 20, 2007, 11:23:12 am
Personally if they have such a game, I think it should be played in Little Rock. It would be about halfway and create something new and exciting for the state. The biggest problem for UA would potential recruiting war losses. What if some 4 and 3 star Arkansas players opted to play for ASU rather than UA? For UA not playing ASU means keeping a recruiting edge...which means the UA would actually have to offer something to recruits more than simply playing in the SEC...which is a big draw, no doubt anyway. But Oklahoma State rarely threatens OU...and I would expect that a UA/ASU series would be similar. The UA will dominate the series...much like Texas dominates Tex A&M, Alabama & Auburn, OU and OSU, Michigan & Michigan St.

but it wouldnt be nearly the risk those teams face..asu may win 1 outta 50?..again..if we cant beat ASU, we shouldnt field an sec team..

Chappeee

Oklahoma plays Tulsa
Texas plays Rice
LSU plays La Tech & Tulane
Tennessee plays Memphis
Missouri plays Missouri State
Ohio State plays Cincinnati
Kentucky plays Bowling Green
Miami plays Florida International
Michigan rotates with Central, Eastern & Western Michigan
Colorado plays Colorado State
Utah plays Utah State
Boise State plays Idaho
Georgia played Georgia southern (once)
California teams play San Jose State and San Diego State

Games where the teams are of EQUAL stature:
Florida-Florida State
Iowa-Iowa State
Clemson-South Carolina

I would like to see UA-ASU one time on Labor Day in WMS (i.e., when the students are not on campus).  What do you think.  Please respond NICELY.  This issue seems to get everyone all hot-headed.

Chappeee

One time only in WMS (students are not on campus that weekend)

RazorsEdge

If we have to worry about losing recruits to ASU, we are in really big trouble. 

stAte plays in front of 19,000 fans for a homecoming game.
stAte plays in the SunBelt
stAte plays on television how many times a year?
stAte has never been in the top 25
stAte has been to one bowl

I'm not saying stAte would never land a top 25 Arkansas recruit, but you can't say that anyway.  DeAngelo Williams went to Memphis, and we don't play them.  Ole Miss played stAte regularly, and Oxford is a lot closer to Jonesboro than Fayetteville is.  Did Ole Miss lose recruits to stAte?  Wait, Ole Miss never lost to them.

The biggest recruiting danger from stAte would be if they started playing an exciting, fun to play brand of football and won some games.  They are getting closer to that already.  In a few years, the Hogs might want to play stAte to show everyone who the boss is.

T-hawg

This is so tired. It would be the same as playing Troy, LA Monroe, any Sunbelt team. The only difference is they are in state. It would sell out and there would be more trash talking in a little bit. If ARK lets little ol smokin joe win in Fayettenam, then the coach needs to be let go anyway. I garuntee they will eventually play.

GHG

FIRE NUTT!!
I'ts Diamond Hog time YALL!

Time for some crawfish and tailgating!

DickSonstreetDFW

I don't care if they are in state.  We should not look at ANY sunbelt team as a "rival".

Does LSU look at LaTech as a rival?

War Warthog

I don't think LSU looks at us as a rival, no-matter that monstrosity of a trophy Bazzel came up with.

Resignation called, brutha!

SirCHog

The only advantage would be to play them in Little Rock and call it an away game.  That's worth considering.

nate238

The statement "UofA has nothing to gain" is no longer a valid excuse.  ASU may still reside in the lowely Sunbelt Conference, but it is making progress from a national perspective.  I can personally vouch that many Texas alum now think ASU has a good team/program and is getting better.  Both teams are Div. I.  One is over-hyped from an in-state view and one is under-appreciated.  How about we line them up and see just how big the difference is?

Hoggish1

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on September 19, 2007, 04:02:14 pm
With Frank leaving at the end of the year what do you think the chances of the Hogs scheduling ASU in the future are?

I've always been a little torn on this myself. Frank may be a controlling, meddling, dictator but he's also a been one heck of a business man, and has generally made the right decisions when it comes to whats best for the University. I'm sure from a business standpoint he's had his reasons for this policy. I'd love to see a real in-state rivalry develop, but I wouldn't be willing to sacrifice the Hogs for it. Just curious as to what everyone else's takes are in regard.

I think Long would do it.  It seems to be the trend in the SEC.

The FL legislature had to force UF to play FSU.  Back when that rivalry happened UF thought  very much as Frank does now and that was more than 40 years ago, which is about how far behind the times Frank still is.

Actually, I hope Long moves to play that game on an annual basis.  He may be a smart enough business man to agree to play them if they accept the game in Little Rock when it is their home game and in Fayetteville when it's ours.  Then it would allow him to trade that Little Rock date with ASU for the LSU being in Fay. when it's our turn to meet them at home.  i think that would be a fair trade off for the Central Arkansas fans. And if he needs to he can agree to make the ASU game an annual event in Little Rock if he needs to sweeten the pot.

I feel we can't afford to have the LSU game in Little Rock, which gives LSU a much easier time of it.

BartIV

I doubt they will schedule Appalachian St. after the Michigan beat-down.  ArKansas doesn't want any part of that.

Hoggish1

How much crappier are they than SEMO, NTexas, UTChat., Missouri State, The LA directional schools, etc.?

BartIV

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 20, 2007, 02:00:30 pm

How much crappier are they than SEMO, NTexas, UTChat., Missouri State, The LA directional schools, etc.?
I think Arkansas is just scared of losing to Arkansas St.

Hoggish1

Quote from: claycohog on September 19, 2007, 05:44:57 pm
This topic goes a little further than many of you think.  Meaning this goes a little deeper than our new A.D.  Our Govener is an A-STATE grad. and is pushing for this hard behind the scenes.  There is even a rumor that it was agreed that the new BOT member (which the GOV. appointed) is for the match-up also and that was the final issue that allowed him to be placed on the BOT.  CHICKENS!  Of course, Broyles being forced to retire doesn't hurt the plan one little bit.  This will be an interesting topic in the months to come.  This becoming reality may be a little closer than many people think.

Good post, +1!

Hoggish1

September 20, 2007, 02:08:41 pm #75 Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 02:36:37 pm by Hoggish1
Quote from: Spiral_cut on September 19, 2007, 06:34:18 pm
Feel free to smack this dead horse again..

//No, we will never play asu

Can't agree.  The game is coming so you might as well get used to hearing about it.  But Long may have to agree to play it every year in Little Rock so we get LSU in Fay., which would be a smart move on his part and a great trade off. 

DeltaBoy

I would love to see that LSU in Nam!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

War Warthog

This might cause some flaming, but an annual guarantee of UA-ASU at WMS might be a good reason to fix the old girl up.

Resignation called, brutha!

Hoggish1

Quote from: Powerbacker on September 19, 2007, 08:39:34 pm
  All you need for an example of what could take place if Arkansas played ASU is the state of Mississippi. Small state with a population base similar to our state. You might think that fan support would never dwindle at the U of A, but over a period of time, the monopoly Arkansas has could very well be drained substantially.

Being the only game in town hasn't helped us because that giant sucking sound you hear is Houston Nutt draining the state every minute he is allowed to continue coaching at Arkansas.

Coondog Hog

Quote from: MountieDawg on September 20, 2007, 10:18:07 am
Nothing to gain by beating all the directional Louisanna schools either or any of the Sun Belt teams...  Other than a easy victory the fans dont want to watch.... the fans would rather watch an in state game that at least their would be some antimosity.... Not a single fan is pumped up saying I cant wait to play troy

The deal is, Arkansas State has everything to gain.  If they beat Arkansas, it would be the talk of the nation.  If Arkansas beats them by 20 pts like the should, nobody talks about it.  Arkansas wouldn't get any credit for beating them, but would take a huge blow nationally and statewide if they lost to them.  It would be stupid to play them, in my opinion.
Do you not think if a Louisianna Directional school beat Arkansas it wouldn't help their recruiting... Remember... Hogs dont recruit instate players!   Houston doesn't want them... they will spread the truth in the state on how horrible a coach he is...  Scheduling lesser schools has 2 purposes!!!  1) Big pay day for the smaller school  2) a WIN for the bigger school 99.8% of the time!!!

Both of your reasons are true and that is why it is fun being able to dangle this unreachable carrot in the face of A-State and why they cry about this all the time.  We dont play them because we dont have to. Let the beggars beg. It keeps them in their place.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

cmc3030

Quote from: Kendall on September 19, 2007, 04:39:55 pm
Make them come to Fayetteville to play, if they can beat us at our place then we will go to Jonesboro to play the next year.
nutt your a wuss!!! hogs are not only game in town now!!!

football-writer

Quote from: Powerbacker on September 19, 2007, 08:39:34 pm
  All you need for an example of what could take place if Arkansas played ASU is the state of Mississippi. Small state with a population base similar to our state. You might think that fan support would never dwindle at the U of A, but over a period of time, the monopoly Arkansas has could very well be drained substantially.

How about when Tennessee was required, by Tennessee state law, to play Memphis.  And what has Tennessee done since then?  Oh, Won a national title, won several SEC championships, been ranked, with the exception of this year and last year, in or near the Top-10 every season.You say Arkansas has a monopoly and that's another reason why they qon't play ASU out of the "lowly Sunbelt" wwhat about when they play "lowly Sunbelt" teams Troy, Louisiana, Lafayette, ULM, North Texas, Florida International, Florida Atlantic, etc, etc, etc...

As for Mr...
Quote from: naturalbornpigger on September 19, 2007, 09:46:25 pm
Why won't ASU play UCA?

ASU HAS played UCA in the last 17 years....NOW it's time for UA to prove they are as big of a school as ASU and play the Indians....UA says they would win every year and in every sport....prove it...put your athletes where your mouth is...in other words "put up or shut up."

I'm a Razorback fan and, while I think you're right about UA winning, in certain sports, the major reason they haven't played will be out of office effective Jan 1.  The money generated, either through ticket sales or which school pays and which school receives would stay in-state...not like the $750 thousand the Hogs are paying the many other schools PER GAME that goes to Alabama (Troy), Florida, (FIU, FAU), Louisiana (ULM, ULL) or Texas (North Texas).

Plus...the last time a ASU team played a team from the hill, the ASU team (the ASU Lady Indians) defeated the UA team (the Lady Razorbacks) two years ago in the Women's NIT by a score of 86-56.  BEFORE the game UA's coach loved the idea of a yearly contest.  Following her team being blown out, she changed her tune and stated that there was no point to a yearly game.  Funny what losing by 30 will do to your attitude.
Bobby Petrino...putting fear into opposing SEC coaches one recruit at a time

Hoggish1

Whew, -1 (logic dept.)

Nationally we get nothingnationally from beating any of our cupcakes except a poor S of S rating.  I know, you're argument is that Nutt has really needed those cupcakes, and I couldn't argue with you there.

budcampbellfan

"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

football-writer

Quote from: Coondog Hog on September 20, 2007, 02:16:03 pm
Quote from: MountieDawg on September 20, 2007, 10:18:07 am

Do you not think if a Louisianna Directional school beat Arkansas it wouldn't help their recruiting... Remember... Hogs dont recruit instate players!   Houston doesn't want them... they will spread the truth in the state on how horrible a coach he is...  Scheduling lesser schools has 2 purposes!!!  1) Big pay day for the smaller school  2) a WIN for the bigger school 99.8% of the time!!!

Both of your reasons are true and that is why it is fun being able to dangle this unreachable carrot in the face of A-State and why they cry about this all the time.  We dont play them because we dont have to. Let the beggars beg. It keeps them in their place.

They're not beggars, but the longer Frank says no, the more it makes him look like a coward.

hogsanity

Quote from: tolerati on September 20, 2007, 11:23:12 am

THis is why I am against this game.  We play other sunbelt teams as rent a wins, they play ON OUR TERMS.  This game, if played, should be in FAy so we can reap the extra revenue of the 100K that would SUPPOSEDLY attend this game.  Playing in LR is dumb anyway, and would be even dumber for this game.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hoggish1

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 20, 2007, 10:33:46 am
I agree with the other posters either play ASU or dump the Sunbelt from our schedule all together.

+1 Well reasoned post.

slopinhogs

ASU fans are just a adamant about the Indians as we are about the hogs. some of them hate the Hogs. you know like we do Texas. they field a pretty good team each year for the Sun Belt and once in a while they win a big one.

bout like Tulsa beating BYU

it has been a Broyles thing not to play them, i have never really understood why.

don't see how it could hurt recruiting

why not do a home and home with them in Little rock and Fayetteville.:razorback:

win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Hoggish1

Quote from: SirCHog on September 20, 2007, 01:21:22 pm
The only advantage would be to play them in Little Rock and call it an away game.  That's worth considering.

I love that proposal.  Always in LR and always their home game!  Gives us one more home game in actuality and one less away game for real.  Brilliant!

football-writer

I'm an ASU alum...and it's NOT because I wasn't accepted at the U of A...I CHOSE to go to ASU.  I love the Hogs  and I love the Indians (Red Wolves effective 2008).  HOWEVER, I have ALWAYS thought the two should play.  One loss (potentially) will not ruin recruiting any more than HDN has done so already.  As one poster has already stated, he's already shown he cares little about the in-state kids so this game would actually keep them in-state....at A-State.

PowderedToastMan

Quote from: riccoar on September 19, 2007, 10:13:53 pm
Quote from: RazorsEdge on September 19, 2007, 09:53:36 pm
Nolan came extremely close to losing to ASU and it wasn't the end of the world.

It would have been the end of the road had he lost.  I think Nolan would tell you that himself.

Nolan said he was more nervous in the ASU game then he was in the Nat'l Championship bc he knew that if he lost, he was gone.
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

HawgTide

Like the other directional schools we play, the tailgate would be better than the game.

voxhog

Not until JFB is dead and buried face down on the 50 at his mausoleum (RRS).

dmac4sainthood

Heres my question?  Why does it matter?  Since when could a coaching staff not play whomever they want for whatever reason they want? 

The argument that it keeps money in state as well is dumb, because it isn't the specific job of the athletic department to give it to certain schools, arbitrarily based on proximity...it simply doesn't matter, and whether or not they play ASU, FIU, ULM, or whatever other 3 letter sun belt school for a free win, I just don't see the point of being concerned. 

The U of A is superior to ASU in all ways, academic, athletic, location, anything you can think of.  So why worry about beating down one specific inferior school?  How about we concentrate on beating LSU rather than ASU?

fourwheeldrive82

Quote from: dmac4sainthood on September 20, 2007, 07:23:33 pm
The U of A is superior to ASU in all ways, academic, athletic, location, anything you can think of.  So why worry about beating down one specific inferior school?  How about we concentrate on beating LSU rather than ASU?

Gee, I wonder why so many ASU fans dont like the hogs, this is the attitude they have dealt with for along time.

Jim

The anti-ASU argument holds no water until we quit playing Sunbelt teams.

There is nothing to gain by playing Troy just as much as there is nothing to gain by playing Ark State.  Yet, we still feel compelled to schedule every other team except ASU.  Why is that?

Again...if you want this question to go away, quit playing directional LA schools and any other team in the SBC.

There are a vast number of other teams in other conferences who'd be good OOC fodder...if that's all we're scheduling them for.

dmac4sainthood

Quote from: fourwheeldrive82 on September 20, 2007, 07:34:21 pm

Quote from: dmac4sainthood on September 20, 2007, 07:23:33 pm

Gee, I wonder why so many ASU fans dont like the hogs, this is the attitude they have dealt with for along time.

Are you arguing its validity?  Tell me Jonesboro is as nice as Fayetteville.  Tell me the ASU campus is anywhere near what the U of A campus is.  Tell me the last time ASU has done anything in a relavant sport (AKA Football, Men's Basketball, Baseball....no Women's Basketball doesn't count...basically a sport someone might attend).  ASU hasn't beaten anyone in anything in forever.  Tell me that ASU is anything close to the U of A academically.  (I think the U of A was just put in the Top 125 by USN&WR college edition).  So basically, the U of A is actually superior to ASU in all ways....if you can think of a way it isn't, please correct me.

dmac4sainthood

Quote from: Jim on September 20, 2007, 07:41:42 pm
The anti-ASU argument holds no water until we quit playing Sunbelt teams.

There is nothing to gain by playing Troy just as much as there is nothing to gain by playing Ark State.  Yet, we still feel compelled to schedule every other team except ASU.  Why is that?

Again...if you want this question to go away, quit playing directional LA schools and any other team in the SBC.

There are a vast number of other teams in other conferences who'd be good OOC fodder...if that's all we're scheduling them for.

So why ASU?  The argument right now is why not ASU...I am asking why we should play them. 

I don't care if we do, I just don't find them to be relavant, the same as the rest of em.  I'd much rather play CUSA and MAC schools than Sun Belt schools, but why does it actually matter if we play them? 

Are we offended that ASU calls us scared?  We know we would bash them, and we can at our own will.  Same reason why a UFC guy doesn't beat the hell out of every drunk who tries to call them out.  We know we can, so we don't have to, but we could to prove a point. 

ASU is a joke, the same way that the rest of the SBC (except for Troy) is.   (Troy actually is pretty good year in and year out, and is the only SBC team to consistantly play teams close or beat them)  I don't care if we play them, and neither should you.  On a list of 100 problems the U of A and the Hogs have, not playing ASU is about #344.

chirohog75

I really have nothing to add to the topic other that on EA's NCAA '08, Arkansas State is on the scedule in '09.  Maybe Frank pulled some strings with EA Gaming  ;D

dmac4sainthood

Quote from: chirohog75 on September 20, 2007, 07:54:19 pm
I really have nothing to add to the topic other that on EA's NCAA '08, Arkansas State is on the scedule in '09.  Maybe Frank pulled some strings with EA Gaming  ;D

Classic +1