Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Recruiting Spreadsheet (New tab in the 2017 Spreadsheet)

Started by SkeeterHawg, February 05, 2016, 03:22:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SkeeterHawg

For those of you who may be interested, the 2017 Recruiting Spreadsheet has been started.  Already 54 prospects on the list and it grows daily (or whenever we get a chance to update it).  I know its early, but it never hurts to stay on top of things.  It is on the second tab, behind the 2016 offer list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dDeJCbrI24KKnL5gRX-4YwkJqOD7U8D2OT6wNasJigA/edit#gid=140615213

RyeHogFan

I appreciate that. It's so much easier to keep up with who we have offered at which position. I'm glad they have several CB offers and I hope they put out many more.

greenie

Appreciate the effort, Skeeter. 

drocktulsa

Quote from: SkeeterHawg on February 05, 2016, 03:22:37 am
For those of you who may be interested, the 2017 Recruiting Spreadsheet has been started.  Already 54 prospects on the list and it grows daily (or whenever we get a chance to update it).  I know its early, but it never hurts to stay on top of things.  It is on the second tab, behind the 2016 offer list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dDeJCbrI24KKnL5gRX-4YwkJqOD7U8D2OT6wNasJigA/edit#gid=140615213

How would you feel about having their name hyperlinked to their 247sports page? Maybe have another field that is hyperlinked to their Hudl page as well

scruf

Good work skeet, thanks man!

SkeeterHawg

February 06, 2016, 12:42:05 am #5 Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 12:53:35 am by SkeeterHawg
Added a depth chart with the addition of this years recruits.  I color coded it by class, its a little loud.. but easily read.  I wasn't exactly sure where some of the freshmen will line up, especially at linebacker, so I just put them in there somewhere.  They can always be moved around on the depth chart to the proper position.  Move HF from DT to OG. If anyone sees things that need to be added let me know.  According to the numbers, we are 1 over the 85 limit when fall practice starts.

Tarheelhawg

Thanks for this .    I was looking closely at this and noticed Jonathan Thomas ; I think you meant Jonathan Marshall. 

SkeeterHawg

Quote from: Tarheelhawg on February 06, 2016, 08:37:12 pm
Thanks for this .    I was looking closely at this and noticed Jonathan Thomas ; I think you meant Jonathan Marshall. 
Thanks for catching  my mistakes, corrected now.

SkeeterHawg

Some have wanted to sort the spreadsheet but the filters are not visible. 

Try this and see if it works: If you have permission to view a spreadsheet but not edit it, you can still use filter views:

Apply existing filter views by clicking the "Data" menu and hovering over "Filter views."
Create a temporary filter view that only you can use. Because you don't have "edit" access to the spreadsheet, the filter view won't be saved.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: SkeeterHawg on February 05, 2016, 03:22:37 am

Appreciate your doing the work to get this started. However, and certainly never surprising, we already have several on here bitching and complaining that unlike some other schools we haven't already thrown out at least 2,000 offers to virtually any and everyone. I mean doesn't CBB realize he's just WAY TOO conservative and miserly
when it comes to determining in which we have serious interest? Doesn't everyone know that it's almost always the first program that offers that ends up signing the recruit   ??? Being #uncommon shouldn't prevent you from spending countless hours from considering and offering virtually any kid who plays ball even at the middle school level (the way some do).  :puke:

SkeeterHawg

New offer showing on 247.  CB Latavious Brini out of Hileah, FL. 

I also added a tab with a running total of all the offers by each SEC team.  As stated above, everybody needs something to complain about... this will give some people plenty of ammunition.

SkeeterHawg

Quote from: SkeeterHawg on February 11, 2016, 12:32:14 am
New offer showing on 247.  CB Latavious Brini out of Hileah, FL. 

I also added a tab with a running total of all the offers by each SEC team.  As stated above, everybody needs something to complain about... this will give some people plenty of ammunition.

New offer to Devion Warren out of Monroe, LA.  Not yet ranked by 247.

SemperFi

Good job skeeter! Really appreciate the work that you've put into this.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

SkeeterHawg

Quote from: SkeeterHawg on February 11, 2016, 12:32:14 am

Baron Browning reopens his recruiting.  I know this guy has been to several of our camps and I was a little surprised when he committed to Baylor so early in the process.

scruf

Quote from: SkeeterHawg on February 14, 2016, 03:57:43 pm
Baron Browning reopens his recruiting.  I know this guy has been to several of our camps and I was a little surprised when he committed to Baylor so early in the process.

Excellent work as always staying on top of the recruiting scene.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Skeeter's done more work than all of the recruiting reporters in the state combined.  Thumbs up!
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

MS_HogFan

great spreadsheet. You have 8 AR kids listed. Have all of them received an offer?
SOOIE

ricepig

Quote from: MS_HogFan on February 15, 2016, 11:29:33 am
great spreadsheet. You have 8 AR kids listed. Have all of them received an offer?

Only 1.

SkeeterHawg

Most of the credit goes to ArkanSWAG.  He started it off and did most to the initial work.  I enjoy spreadsheets and work overseas.  So at the end of the day when most of you are asleep and the board has no activity I can work on the sheets.

MS_HogFan

Quote from: ricepig on February 15, 2016, 11:40:43 am
Only 1.

Thanks. I guess I misunderstood what the spreadsheet was for. I thought it was 2017 offers.
SOOIE

MS_HogFan

I see my mistake now. My bad
SOOIE

MS_HogFan

It shows that 2 have been offered. Carson and Barnes.
SOOIE

Philip Seaton

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on February 15, 2016, 11:09:14 am
Skeeter's done more work than all of the recruiting reporters in the state combined.  Thumbs up!

I am not attempting to diminish the work of Skeeter, but to make a statement like that is pretty misinformed. The recruiting writers compile lists too but they also have to produce copy for their paper and/or Web site. I can't speak for all of them, but you have obviously haven't spent any time around any of them to know how much work they do all of the time. I have and that statement is far, far from reality.

SkeeterHawg

February 21, 2016, 05:37:51 pm #23 Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 06:01:31 pm by SkeeterHawg

In response to a question, I made some conditional format changes.  Those players on the list that have not yet been offered will be BLUE.  Offered and not yet committed will be YELLOW.  Committed elsewhere turn BLACK.  Committed to the Hogs turn RED.  Hope this makes it easier to read.

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

MS_HogFan

Great work skeeter. I love it.
SOOIE

Acer4

I like it that our coaches truly evaluate the players and dont just throw out offers.  You notice how Bama likes to offer Arkansas kids?  Interesting how the ones they get dont pan out

SkeeterHawg

Spreadsheet is updated.  Added all the new offers and a few more from Arkansas.

SkeeterHawg

Quote from: SkeeterHawg on March 03, 2016, 03:59:19 pm
Spreadsheet is updated.  Added all the new offers and a few more from Arkansas.

SkeeterHawg

Started a 2018 Recruit list.  There were a couple of guys listed in this year that were actually 2018 recruits.  Think I have them sorted now.  89 offers listed so far.  Latest commitment from the list was Dobbins to Ohio State.

SkeeterHawg

Quote from: SkeeterHawg on March 06, 2016, 10:41:56 pm
Started a 2018 Recruit list.  There were a couple of guys listed in this year that were actually 2018 recruits.  Think I have them sorted now.  89 offers listed so far.  Latest commitment from the list was Dobbins to Ohio State.
Quote from: SkeeterHawg on February 21, 2016, 05:37:51 pm

Updated again to show 103 offers.  Also fiddled with the formulas a little to show only "Offers", for the most part anyway.  I will most likely change formulas later so that at after signing date it will label scholarship and walk-on players.

SkeeterHawg

Quote from: SkeeterHawg on March 10, 2016, 03:18:42 pm
Updated again to show 103 offers.  Also fiddled with the formulas a little to show only "Offers", for the most part anyway.  I will most likely change formulas later so that at after signing date it will label scholarship and walk-on players.
Freshly updated.  Showing 109 offers.  Latest offers were to Koilan Jackson and Daewood Davis. 

Also added a 2017 commit page that I will try to keep up with throughout the year.

ricepig

Quote from: SkeeterHawg on March 14, 2016, 06:05:17 pm

Freshly updated.  Showing 109 offers.  Latest offers were to Koilan Jackson and Daewood Davis. 

Also added a 2017 commit page that I will try to keep up with throughout the year.

You're going to be busy, 2 more tonight.

Antjuan Simmons
Laviska Shenault

SkeeterHawg

Quote from: ricepig on March 14, 2016, 08:16:39 pm
You're going to be busy, 2 more tonight.

Antjuan Simmons
Laviska Shenault

Added.  Also fair to mention that Simmons is verbally committed to Ohio State and Jalen Reagor is no longer committed to whomever it was he was committed.

WooPig90

Eno Benjamin put out his top 10 yesterday and we didnt make the cut

ricepig

Quote from: WooPig90 on March 15, 2016, 09:32:52 am
Eno Benjamin put out his top 10 yesterday and we didnt make the cut

Not a surprise, since we haven't offered. I figure we take one RB, and one athlete.

SkeeterHawg

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dDeJCbrI24KKnL5gRX-4YwkJqOD7U8D2OT6wNasJigA/edit#gid=1681292623

Updated to show 128 offers.  Showing one more than 247 due to RD saying we offered a DE that is not shown on their website.  Latest update included CJ Cotman, he has been mentioned here several times and is finally showing an offer from us.

SkeeterHawg

More updates: Player added, 3 on the list committed elsewhere.

SkeeterHawg

Updated.  Added a new offer to Octavious Morgan, CB, Butler CC in Kansas.  Also, Jake Bentley, **** QB from Opelika, AL committed to South Carolina.

SkeeterHawg

Updated with the new offers.  Added Tutt to the 2016 commit list.  2017 commit list has all the recruiting services links to each player.

SkeeterHawg

Still showing one more offer than 247.  I have Earnest Brown having received an offer from the Hogs as mentioned in a RD update.  247 does not show him with an offer.

247 show Dwayne Fisher as an OT, RD mentioned him as a DT.  I went with RD on this one and have him on the list as a DT.

SkeeterHawg

Updated.  Added Jamire Calvin and Kendrick Paul as WR offers.  Also recorded Jarvis as a Mich State verbal.

SkeeterHawg

Updated the spreadsheet with more verbals.  34 of the 137 offers have committed to other schools.

SkeeterHawg

spreadsheet updated, Maleek Barkley has been added to the commits and the commit tab.  Still gathering info on him.

SkeeterHawg

Everyone can see all the tabs...right?  2016 Commit list, 17 commit list?

SkeeterHawg

Added Williams to the 2017 offer list.
Added Orji to the 2018 offer list.
Fisher added to the commit list, including links to the recruiting services.