Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fire Mike Anderson

Started by Mr. Porkleone, February 03, 2018, 05:02:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Porkleone

Another pitiful performance on the road. I was a little surprised we didn't contest some of those 3's. Many many times our players didn't contest, they simple put up a hand at the shooter, that comes down to coaching.

7 years in and $2.55 year with 2 NCAA is not worth keeping him for.  There are too many good coaches that would have this team competing at a much higher level.

Razorback fans deserve better.

40MINSOFHELL

lynbug

Not gonna happen and you guys know it.  Don't get all in a tiz about a fantasy.

alohawg

February 03, 2018, 05:05:12 pm #3 Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 05:21:02 pm by alohawg
I read where Mike Irwin says the buyout is one million. If so, do it now and let Scotty finish the year. What's to lose?

From the contract extension thread.

Quote from: Mike Irwin on February 02, 2018, 08:39:47 pm

I'm not an expert in reading contracts but I have been told by people in the athletic department that the buyout is a flat one million dollars at any point for the duration of the contract. In other words they could fire Anderson tomorrow and the buyout would be the same as it would be in 2019, 2020, 2021, or 2022.

I have run this by several others in the media who cover this basketball program and they all say the above description is accurate.

However you did mention the Foundation and we know that a part of Bielema's buyout was done privately. (until the attorney general ruled that it should be made public)

I suppose it's possible that Anderson would get additional money from the Foundation but there's no way to find that out at this point.

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: alohawg on February 03, 2018, 05:05:12 pm
I read where Mike Irwin says the buyout is one million. If so, do it now and let Scotty finish the year. What's to lose?

If that's the case, then it's a no brainer

Albert Einswine

Mike isn't going to be fired. Y'all know this. Time for everyone to just lay down and have a good bleed.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: Albert Einswine on February 03, 2018, 05:12:25 pm
Mike isn't going to be fired. Y'all know this. Time for everyone to just lay down and have a good bleed.

Ok. But I'm not a cutter.

HiggiePiggy

Might be fired at the end of the year if he doesn't make the tournament. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

PharmacistHog

He will have to lose out to be fired this season.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

alohawg

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 03, 2018, 05:21:19 pm
He will have to lose out to be fired this season.

So there's hope....
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

lookawayquick

CMA said in the post game that this is a "good" team.  They need the fans to turn out Tuesday to help them get a W. No, what you need is a team that plays D.  Dysfunctional team that is poorly coached.  I am sorry coach but this is not a good team and you have done a poor job of coaching them this season. 

Oliver

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on February 03, 2018, 05:02:48 pm
I agree, fire him now

I'd be happy if it happened at the end of this season

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: 40MINSOFHELL on February 03, 2018, 05:02:48 pm
I agree, fire him now
Has any coach ever been given an extension and then been fired in the same year?

alohawg

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on February 03, 2018, 06:24:23 pm
Has any coach ever been given an extension and then been fired in the same year?

If not, at least Arkansas could be first in something.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Hollywood_HOGan45

One of the worst coaching jobs I've seen here.  We've had some real duds lately.