Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What did you grill/Smoke this week???

Started by BR, July 15, 2012, 08:42:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sooieet

Pork loin, and a couple of whole chickens.  Rubbed them all down with some Townsends BBQ rub. 

ImHogginIt

I cooked nothing. Woke up yesterday experiencing the worst gout attack ever. Three fingers, both great toes and some flank pain. Been taking my Colchicine every few hrs and feel a bit better. Get to miss work tonight though so its almost worth the misery  ;D

DeltaBoy

Steaks and peppers I took my 6 inch cast iron skillett and chopped a whole vel pepper and 1/4 of a sweet oinon in veg oil.   The Steaks came out great and McKormics (SP) Grill mates are some great seasons with no MSG for us sickies.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

kibster

Quote from: cosmodrum on September 03, 2012, 03:32:28 pm
I'm due to make some loin backs soon. I copycatted some McClard's spares a couple months ago. Mine were better.

McClard's is OK, but one of my favorite dishes I do is a copycatted version of their Tamale Spread, but like you said.  Mine is better.

Whenever I have leftover smoked pork butt or brisket I make a tamale spread.  It is one of the ultimate gut bombs.

Fritos
tamales
BBQ beans
chopped smoked meat (pork or brisket)
sauce
cheddar cheese
chopped onions.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

DeltaBoy

Got 2 bricks and cut the weber down by a 1/3 and cooked 3 chicken breast and 4 Hebrew National Hot dogs for Supper last night and Lunch today.   
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

DeltaBoy

September 21, 2012, 11:28:23 am #55 Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 08:14:01 pm by DeltaBoy
Brats, Pork Chops and Chicken Breast this weekend.  8)

The Prepped Items

DeltaBoy

My Weber , Table and grill stuff.

Cooking

The finished meal with 4 cheese Creamed Taters!

DeltaBoy

October 10, 2012, 06:19:56 am #57 Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 02:46:59 pm by DeltaBoy
Bump did every body put those grills up?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 10, 2012, 06:19:56 am
Bump did every ody put those grills up?

Nope. Last weekend I smoked 20 lbs of chicken quarters and two 8 lb bacon wrapped pork loins

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Joetown Parrothead on October 10, 2012, 06:54:05 am
No I am building an outdoor/indoor kitchen my smokers are going in.. Plus added room for the Tiki tittie Bar..

Correted that one for ya.  ;) ;)

DeltaBoy

Been too busy to grill the past few weeks but I got a plan to make some of that White Chili this weekend.

Tim Harris

I've got a turkey on the smoker now. Should be done in time for lunch with the family.

Slacker

ImHogginIt

Smoked 20 lbs of chicken quarters yesterday and a ham using the recipe below. It was my first ham to smoke and it is ok but not worth the trouble of smoking. Will go back to just using the oven on ham

http://howtobbqright.com/smokeaholidayham.html

DeltaBoy

nwahogs

Ok guys. Just went to sams and bought 2 cases of baby backs and a case of butts. If you're driving on the west side of springdale and can't see from the smoke, don't worry. It's just me.

kibster

Quote from: nwahogs on November 09, 2012, 02:38:50 pm
Ok guys. Just went to sams and bought 2 cases of baby backs and a case of butts. If you're driving on the west side of springdale and can't see from the smoke, don't worry. It's just me.

How much is in a case?
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

nwahogs

Quote from: kibster on November 09, 2012, 03:29:04 pm
How much is in a case?

18 racks. much cheaper buying it that way. The just went up to $3.49 per pound if you get the individual packs. Its 2.29 per pound by the case.

8 pork butts. its only 20 cents cheaper but i figured what the heck

ImHogginIt

Tomorrow will be two 8 lb pork loins, a couple racks of St Louis style ribs and a 16 lb turkey

DeltaBoy

RyanLR

I'm too busy cutting steaks at work to cook anymore.

DeltaBoy

No new pics but I have been grilling Chicken breast and Brawts nearly every weekend.

Boog41

Huge BBQ'd prawns and a pack of bacon...... love my bacon cooked on my egg. I cook on nothing but a riser so nothing ever gets too close to the heat.

DeltaBoy

I got to baking bacon in the Oven or wrapping it around Chicken breast to keep them moist.

iluvmyslute89

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 13, 2012, 02:48:01 pm
I got to baking bacon in the Oven or wrapping it around Chicken breast to keep them moist.
This is bomb right here. i like to season my chicken first in a bowl of italian dressing and cavenders greek

DeltaBoy

Cavendars Greek and Tony C's Cajun spices are on every thing I grill or cook at my house.
I got to get some Italian Dressing cause it seems everyone is using it and loves it.

My wife been loving Chicken Breast with McCormicks Monteray Steak Seasoning on them.

I just coat with EVO sprinkle on the seasoning and let them set in the Frig for 30 minutes or so then set them out to warm up a bit before hitting the grill.

Boog41

I cook chicken several different ways, but one of my favorites is the Italian dressing thing also. Just before taking off the grill I squeeze fresh lemon juice on the meat.

DeltaBoy

Cooked 12 chicken tenders for chicken sandwichs Sunday afternoon since Church has cancelled Sunday Night services for the month of Dec and the weather was 72 degrees. 
Used salt and pepper only and 2 small pecan limbs cut 6 inchs long and 1/2 around for some smoke.

Lanny

Cooked a beef brisket
Smoked chicken
Three racks of ribs
Ham
Sausage

Was fantastic
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Lanny on December 17, 2012, 02:06:06 pm
Cooked a beef brisket
Smoked chicken
Three racks of ribs
Ham
Sausage

Was fantastic

You had that PK stuffed full.

Boog41

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 17, 2012, 12:42:19 pm
Cooked 12 chicken tenders for chicken sandwichs Sunday afternoon since Church has cancelled Sunday Night services for the month of Dec and the weather was 72 degrees. 
Used salt and pepper only and 2 small pecan limbs cut 6 inchs long and 1/2 around for some smoke.

Delta, how does pecan compare with apple?? That is typically what I use.

How was the heat with keeping the charcoal inside?

iluvmyslute89

I get so hungry just reading this thread...

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Boog41 on December 17, 2012, 04:39:45 pm
Delta, how does pecan compare with apple?? That is typically what I use.

How was the heat with keeping the charcoal inside?
To me it gives it a soft smoke flavor that not as strong as OAK.

82abn Ard

A case of pork butts and 12 slabs of baby-backs.  Also made a venison fatty with bacon lattace.  I overcooked it a little.  Too done on the bottom but tasted good for my first one.

DeltaBoy

I have not tryed the lattace method yet.

82abn Ard

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 20, 2012, 08:48:50 am
I have not tryed the lattace method yet.

it was easy, it just cooked faster than the ribs.  I'll know better next time.

Lanny

Al Bundy

Slacker

Quote from: Lanny on December 17, 2012, 02:06:06 pm
Cooked a beef brisket
Smoked chicken
Three racks of ribs
Ham
Sausage

Was fantastic

Damn!

hoosier

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 18, 2012, 12:13:26 pm
To me it gives it a soft smoke flavor that not as strong as OAK.
I used pecan for the first time about a month ago and really liked the subtle difference. I usually use hickory and probably still will for butts. But for tenderloins, ribs and chicken I will use pecan.

old hog

Quote from: Lanny on December 24, 2012, 07:49:11 am
Used the PK and my new electric smoker!
How do you like the electric compared to the regular smokers, Lanny?

Tim Harris

I've got a standing rib roast on the smoker for our Christmas Eve dinner with my wife's family.

DeltaBoy

kibster

Was at my parents house for the holidays,  Dad smoked two big pork butts, but Christmas lunch got called off due to weather and illness, so I took a ton of it back to LR with me.

Lanny

Quote from: old hog on December 24, 2012, 10:32:40 am
  How do you like the electric compared to the regular smokers, Lanny?
Love it, I soak wood chips and add them during the smoking, the best part of the electric smoker is the temperature hovers no more than 3 degrees each side.  Perfect for smoking brisket and a turkey I smoked over thanksgiving

Al Bundy

Lanny

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 24, 2012, 11:59:22 am
I've got a standing rib roast on the smoker for our Christmas Eve dinner with my wife's family.
How long did you smoke the rib roast and what temp?

Al Bundy

Tim Harris

Quote from: Lanny on December 25, 2012, 06:20:41 pm
How long did you smoke the rib roast and what temp?

It was 5 rib roast and I smoked it at 275 for about 4 1/2 hours.  It was a little more done than I wanted but a couple of them prefer their beef a little more on the done side.

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Lanny

Al Bundy

pigture perfect

I decided to dig the deep fryer out after about 2 years. Forgot how good deep fried turkey is.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Boarcephus

Joe, you dropped some cash on that little cookout.

Those shrimp, corn on the cob and king crab looks good.  May have to try that this weekend.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.