Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I am not a hater or a hugger...

Started by oldbooniehog, February 17, 2018, 08:27:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oldbooniehog

I just want to see Hog basketball be a winner again.

I just want teams to be afraid to play Arkansas.

I do not care who is the coach, so long as the Hogs win.

And I say fire any coach who does not consistently make the NCAA tournament, and who does not win enough.

ShadowHawg

oldbooniehog

One more point.

The last 20 years or so of Arkansas basketball has made me a 100% hardcore cynic and skeptic

I no longer believe in hype or potential or what might be.

I have to see it happen.

I am quick to lose faith. And I always (ALWAYS!) expect the wheels to fall off and bad things to happen.

It's hard to overcome two decades of harsh lessons.

I will remain so until events prove otherwise.

Making the FIRST Sweet 16 in 22 years would help.

But I will believe it if/when I see it.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: oldbooniehog on February 17, 2018, 08:27:42 pm
I just want to see Hog basketball be a winner again.

I just want teams to be afraid to play Arkansas.

I do not care who is the coach, so long as the Hogs win.

And I say fire any coach who does not consistently make the NCAA tournament, and who does not win enough.

But but but.... Go back to sleeping on the Hogs since you've been sleep since 97

oldbooniehog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 17, 2018, 08:33:17 pm
Nice try hater.

Shadow Hog. May 1,000 Pelphreys live in your dreams every single night.

oldbooniehog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 17, 2018, 08:39:03 pm
But but but.... Go back to sleeping on the Hogs since you've been sleep since 97

LetsRoll1200, hard to sleep on the Hogs considering the number of nightmares since 1997.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: oldbooniehog on February 17, 2018, 08:41:02 pm
Shadow Hog. May 1,000 Pelphreys live in your dreams every single night.

Lol. That really is funny!

elksnort

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 17, 2018, 08:33:17 pm
Nice try hater.
see, its dumb asses like you that ruin the board.

Of course you could be joking. Its hard to tell.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: elksnort on February 17, 2018, 08:46:15 pm
see, its dumb asses like you that ruin the board.

Of course you could be joking. Its hard to tell.

I really don't know anything about ole b. Just having fun.

FineAsSwine

FineAsSwine

Quote from: oldbooniehog on February 17, 2018, 08:38:31 pm
One more point.

The last 20 years or so of Arkansas basketball has made me a 100% hardcore cynic and skeptic

I have to see it happen.

I am quick to lose faith. And I always (ALWAYS!) expect the wheels to fall off and bad things to happen.

Ok go ahead and be a Doubting Thomas but man, you are missing out on a lot of fun right now having that kind of attitude. You are watching the top scoring Hog duo since Corliss and Scotty plus a potential one and done out there going hard for us every night and giving it their all and you have a problem buying in?

They hit a rough patch when conference play started and things got really tough. They had their doubters when they weren't clicking but they stayed together and kept working and got back to looking like the team they were in the nonconference portion of the schedule.

We've seen players falter and their minutes drop and then CMA had to groom other guys who were raw and young and therefore needed time develop during the season. Now, Gabe, Hall and CJ are stepping up and Thomas is coming back around. There is reason for excitement and to cheer on a team that exemplifies the true Razorback spirit. Our best teams have been scrappers and fighters and that makes me cheer for these guys, flaws and all.

However far they go this year, as long as they fight and play for each other with heart and hustle for every rebound, loose ball, hard rotation and closeouts on threes and keep moving on offense, I will be proud of these guys.

With the right matchups in the NCAA, they might make it past the Sweet Sixteen. If they do, I'm sure they wouldn't hold your "wait and see" attitude against you. They'll make room for you on the bandwagon.

oldbooniehog

A lot of folks confuse my skepticism and cynicism for being a "hater" of a specific coach.

In football, I have given up on ANY coach being able to make Arkansas "elite". It has simply been too long and there is too much evidence to show otherwise

For basketball, however, I think it might be possible. But there has been not much evidence for at least 20 years.

I do not "hate" a coach in basketball. I simply expect him to fail until proven otherwise.

oldbooniehog

FineAsSwine, I hope you are right.

But the last 20 years tell me that the bottom is going to fall out, and the inexplicable losing streak is about to start.

I will believe otherwise only when I see it happen.

texas tush hog

Quote from: oldbooniehog on February 17, 2018, 09:14:53 pm
FineAsSwine, I hope you are right.

But the last 20 years tell me that the bottom is going to fall out, and the inexplicable losing streak is about to start.

I will believe otherwise only when I see it happen.

Keep hating,hater, enjoy it while you can.

oldbooniehog

Quote from: texas tush hog on February 17, 2018, 09:22:52 pm

Keep hating,hater, enjoy it while you can.

Texas tush hog, may Stan Heath run through all your dreams with massive armies of fresh legs.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: oldbooniehog on February 17, 2018, 09:11:35 pm
A lot of folks confuse my skepticism and cynicism for being a "hater" of a specific coach.

In football, I have given up on ANY coach being able to make Arkansas "elite". It has simply been too long and there is too much evidence to show otherwise

For basketball, however, I think it might be possible. But there has been not much evidence for at least 20 years.

I do not "hate" a coach in basketball. I simply expect him to fail until proven otherwise.

Here's a tip. Drink a couple of shots, have a few beers, or just chant and do yoga right before tip. Avoid things that induce stress such as thinking about CMA and try to lay off the coach thing until the season is over.

Right now we are in the hunt for a spot in the top 25 spot and seem to be surging at the right time. Aren't you having fun? We are in a five game stretch of playing teams that are solidly in the tournament, as of right now, and we just beat one of them.

Once we get into the NCAA tournament and see the brackets, then you can start telling us how quickly we can pack our bags but for now, can we focus on how great of a run this team is on right now? C'mon man, you know you want to go all in with the Hogs. Stop fighting the feeling.

oldbooniehog

FineAsSwine, the last time I went "all in" on the Hogs during the regular season was end of 2014-2015. They escaped Wofford in first round, got hammered by NC 2nd Round.

Didn't even make the tourney next year.

I went "all in" midway through 2nd half vs NC in tourney last year. Hogs still found a way to blow that, too.

I won 't go "all in" until I see something actually happen.

I hope they win, but expect defeat every single time it really counts, until proven wrong by events on the court.

PonderinHog

And I ain't a farmer, I'm a lover!
You can't judge a book by lookin' at the cover.

But I don't know Diddley.

HogBreath

In football, I have given up on ANY coach being able to make Arkansas "elite".

Hate that you missed the all too brief Petrino era, you crusty ole curmudgeon. 
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

jabber71

Quote from: oldbooniehog on February 17, 2018, 08:38:31 pm
One more point.

I have to see it happen.

So what have you seen the last four games?

What I have seen is the hogs win four games in a row convincingly, the most recent win is against a top 25 team that we just beat by double digits.
In the last four games we have seen a team go from the 10th spot to tied with third in the SEC,  a league that projected to have eight teams in the tournament.
So while Mike Anderson has no effect on the prior 13 years, for the last seven he has steadily improved And has done it the right way, and with so many teams worried about skeletons in the closet, at this point I really don't care if you're a hater or a hugger, the question is are you a fan or are you not?
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

elksnort

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 17, 2018, 08:51:56 pm
I really don't know anything about ole b. Just having fun.
I hear ya. Sorry.

farmhawg

You are a miserable person.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

HoopS

Ok.

I actually understand the doubting. I mean we are Hog fans. Used to crap going wrong.

I choose to try to enjoy the better times when we get them. We don't get a ton of them.

I don't know how far Mike can get us but he's won 27 and 26 games in 2 of the last 3 seasons and may get us to those numbers again now. Who knows.

But I remember the 80's/90's too. And we haven't won this many games in a 3/4 year span since then.

Sure, I'd love to get up to 32 wins or whatever.  But we are actually beginning to settle into a tournament program again and that's where the climb back always had to start if we were to get back to where you and I remember and long for again.

So here we are. Winning at a pretty good clip again. The next step is to be hot when the tournament starts and get a draw worth a crap.

May as well enjoy the moment and see what happens in March. That's my plan.

rtr

We were top 5 in football 6 years ago.  Don't be a nancy.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.