Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 3 THREAD: #2 Arkansas (2-0, 0-0 SEC) vs Bucknell (0-2, 0-0 Patriot League)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, February 17, 2018, 07:03:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

Razorbacks#1

1               Top 3rd                   1

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Bucknell        0| 1 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  1  | 0  | 1   
Arkansas      0 | 1 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  4  | 0  | 3   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Pudgepork

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 18, 2018, 12:54:15 pm
Looking like an easy Freshmen AA right now.  Maybe a potential Freshman of the year.  Next week will tell us a lot more about him though.

Martin has a chance for the All teams too

ucahogfan

Tony Perkis

Quote from: Pudgepork on February 18, 2018, 12:52:39 pm
I think we've found his weak spot.  Freshman base running mistakes.  If that's all that's wrong with his game he'll still make All SEC frosh team and prolly frosh All American
For sure. I'm mostly teasing. Freezing on a line drive hit behind you is a lot harder than it sounds. Anxious to get a good jump and score from 2nd.

ucahogfan

Wisco Pig

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 18, 2018, 12:27:29 pm
Did Troy Eklund just call Brett Dolan "Benjamin"?

Could have sworn Eklund did it again while Gates or Shaddy was batting.   Maybe a private joke between them?

bulldog04

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Johnson doubles into the LF corner on a nice swing on a curveball aimed for his back foot.

ucahogfan

Pudgepork

Razorbacks#1

1               Bot 3rd                   1

Bucknell        0 | 1 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  2  | 0  | 2   
Arkansas      0  | 1 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  4  | 0  | 3   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

You have to wonder what the top reading we might see from Cronin will be this year as it warms up.  Already hitting 94 with ease.

ucahogfan

Fletcher grounds a single down the 3B line into LF.  Good play by the LF holds Fletcher to a single.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

Bonfield smokes the first pitch into LF for a single.  Fletcher scores.  Runners on 1B and 2B.  Bonfield's 5th RBI of the year.

2-1 Hogs.

ucahogfan

Kjerstad flies out just in front of the track in LF.  Runners hold.

TebowHater

That was the most Evan Lee at bat ever. Love that kid. Just sits there and works counts until he gets on base.

ucahogfan

Lee runs the count full, and he walks after a long AB to load the bases with 1 out for Koch.

Pudgepork

Dang these batters are patient.   Byproduct of the new hitting coach?  Last yrs team lost 10 games by chasing bad pitches

ucahogfan

Pitching change for the Bisons.  New pitcher is Junior RHP Jeff Gottesman.

HogFansReunited

I don't know if I would go to the pen yet if I was their coach. Let's see if it works out for them.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

TebowHater

Quote from: Pudgepork on February 18, 2018, 01:19:17 pm
Dang these batters are patient.   Byproduct of the new hitting coach?  Last yrs team lost 10 games by chasing bad pitches

Maybe. Bonfield looks a bit more patient for sure. Lee has always been patient, though. He averaged seeing like 7 or 8 pitches per at bat last year, which is insane. Also had like a .500 OBP. Most under-utilized player on the team. Love seeing him get the bang.

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

ucahogfan

Koch hits the first pitch on the button, but grounds into a pitcher's best friend 6-4-3 DP.

ucahogfan

Razorbacks#1

1               Top 4th                   2

Bucknell        0 | 1 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  2  | 0  | 2   
Arkansas      0  | 1 | 1 |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  2  |  6  | 0  | 5   

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

ucahogfan

Quote from: Wisco Pig on February 18, 2018, 01:00:06 pm
Could have sworn Eklund did it again while Gates or Shaddy was batting.   Maybe a private joke between them?
It isn't Brett Dolan doing the PBP today.  The replacement is named Benjamin.

ucahogfan

Birminghog

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 18, 2018, 01:24:05 pm
Now on the mound making his Hog debut is Freshman RHP Caleb Bolden.

What up? Is this just everybody pitches day? Good to see Cronin the Barbarian again.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 18, 2018, 01:25:43 pm
It isn't Brett Dolan doing the PBP today.  The replacement is named Benjamin.

Ha ha.  Well, that explains it.

Tony Perkis

ucahogfan

Rawlings runs the count full, and he walks as Bolden airmails a 94 MPH fastball.

ucahogfan

Klugerman grounds into a 6-3 DP as the Bison had a hit and run on, but Klugerman hit the ball on top of the 2B where Biggers was waiting.

HogFansReunited

Member #3568

ucahogfan

Quote from: Birminghog on February 18, 2018, 01:26:37 pm
What up? Is this just everybody pitches day? Good to see Cronin the Barbarian again.
DVH has shown this weekend that he is going to get everyone a little game action.  Figure we will see at least 2-3 more pitchers today.

Razorbacks#1

1               Bot 4th                   2

Bucknell        0 | 1 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  2  | 0  | 2   
Arkansas      0  | 1 | 1 |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  2  |  6  | 0  | 5   

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

Bolden looked impressive that inning.  Mainly 90-92, T94 with a nice breaking ball.  It seems like we have several freshmen RHPs who can at least touch 94 with their fastball.

ucahogfan

ucahogfan

SPAL

Koch has to know the situation better, or if he knew the situation, be smarter....

Bases loaded, 1 out, brand new pitcher.....I don't care if it's right down the middle, that's not a time to swing at the first pitch. That stuff will lose us games.

ucahogfan

TebowHater

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 18, 2018, 01:35:41 pm
Koch has to know the situation better, or if he knew the situation, be smarter....

Bases loaded, 1 out, brand new pitcher.....I don't care if it's right down the middle, that's not a time to swing at the first pitch. That stuff will lose us games.

Agree, unfortunately. He struggled more with the bases loaded last year than anyone

ucahogfan

Razorbacks#1

1               Top 5th                   2

Bucknell        0 | 1 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  1  |  2  | 0  | 2   
Arkansas      0  | 1 | 1 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  2  |  7  | 0  | 6   

THUNDER!

SPAL

ucahogfan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 18, 2018, 01:35:41 pm

But why let a pitch you can drive go by and take a strike?  I like the aggressive in the zone mentality especially if it is something you can drive out of the park.  Koch had something that he could have driven into the gap and cleared the bases.  Unfortunately, he just hit it on the ground for a double play.

ucahogfan

Wincig grounds one deep in the hole at SS.  Biggers throws short, but Lee cannot dig it out.  E6.

That looked to be a relatively easy dig for Lee at 1B so it looks like he needs some more practice doing that.