Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3rd place!!

Started by BannerMountainMan, February 17, 2018, 05:05:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3of5-2

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on February 17, 2018, 05:39:09 pm
Go cry ya a river Forrest Bedford.
If it works for you too, go right ahead.

farmhawg

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 17, 2018, 05:40:00 pm
Ok...I'll play. Let's put ALL of the best teams in the nation in the same conference. They all play each other over and over. Guess what'll happen...great teams will be in the middle of the pack and roughly .500 and in 3rd place.

Will you be saying "average" in a negative connotation to that conference?
Thats probably a little too much for his limited comprehension.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Letsroll1200

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 05:33:52 pm
Crying about what? The fact that this conference is A-V-E-R-A-G-E? Being .500 and in 3rd place does not speak highly of the conference.

So is the Big 12 and ACC average to you?

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Randohoggie on February 17, 2018, 05:38:07 pm
Let me take a stab at explaining a few concepts to you ...

Teams in the conference have to play each other.  When they do, one wins and one loses.  It is inevitable (look it up) that there will be losses and if a bunch of the teams are good, those losses will get spread out among the teams.  When basically the whole conference is in the top 80 of the RPI and more than half are in the top 50 and about half are in the top 30 ... a bunch of the teams are good.

Is the Big 12 a good conference?  Most people think so.  Third place is 8-5 and fourth place is 8-6.  AVERAGE CONFERENCE.

Please...practicality and common sense is NOT welcome as proper responses to this guy...!
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: farmhawg on February 17, 2018, 05:41:51 pm
Thats probably a little too much for his limited comprehension.....

Ha ha...I figured it was worth a shot...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

hawgball40

3of5, the hogs may be average (or below our expectations), but the conference is not. There are only 2 really bad teams. and one middling team in LSU. and then there is Georgia and Mississippi St who are solid but flawed. Then everyone else is pretty good. I think nationally the SEC is considered to be pretty deep.Whether or not its actually true, remains to be seen. But we did show pretty well OOC. I think the best thing to do is simply admit that you are wrong and keep it moving. It happens to everyone now and then.

3of5-2

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 17, 2018, 05:40:00 pm
Ok...I'll play. Let's put ALL of the best teams in the nation in the same conference. They all play each other over and over. Guess what'll happen...great teams will be in the middle of the pack and roughly .500 and in 3rd place.

Will you be saying "average" in a negative connotation to that conference?
I will be saying A-V-E-R-A-G-E until at least half, or average, of the SEC teams make it to the Sweet 16.

Randohoggie

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 05:46:47 pm
I will be saying A-V-E-R-A-G-E until at least half, or average, of the SEC teams make it to the Sweet 16.

Ok, I tried to be nice, but you are just stupid.  Sorry.

hawgball40

[CENSORED] troll

3of5-2

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 17, 2018, 05:45:58 pm
3of5, the hogs may be average (or below our expectations), but the conference is not. There are only 2 really bad teams. and one middling team in LSU. and then there is Georgia and Mississippi St who are solid but flawed. Then everyone else is pretty good. I think nationally the SEC is considered to be pretty deep.Whether or not its actually true, remains to be seen. But we did show pretty well OOC. I think the best thing to do is simply admit that you are wrong and keep it moving. It happens to everyone now and then.
When most if not all of the SEC teams get bounced before the Sweet 16, you will see what I'm talking about.

3of5-2

Quote from: Randohoggie on February 17, 2018, 05:48:00 pm
Ok, I tried to be nice, but you are just stupid.  Sorry.
You are entitled to your opinion. I guess this is where I call you stupid. Sorry.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 17, 2018, 05:45:58 pm
3of5, the hogs may be average (or below our expectations), but the conference is not? I think nationally the SEC is considered to be pretty deep.Whether or not its actually true, remains to be seen. But we did show pretty well OOC. I think the best thing to do is simply admit that you are wrong and keep it moving. It happens to everyone now and then.

Depth is it's strength. Only conference I would put above it is the ACC.  But the SEC looks to be fading especially at the top.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

greenEGnHAWGS

Baaaaahahahaha...you're going to call the SEC average until we get half of the SEC teams make it to the Sweet 16? You're kidding me...

Btw...thanks for sidestepping my logical question to you. I knew you'd have no answer since you have no clue how to use the word "average".

raz1965

Three is about 300 div 1 CBB teams. Above 150 is upper teams an below that is the lower teams. Top 75 teams are not average by mathematical standards. Arkansas is between 25 an 30  for now, after the victory.

3of5-2

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 17, 2018, 05:41:54 pm
So is the Big 12 and ACC average to you?
The ACC would beat the SEC teams head to head. Big 12 is average.

3of5-2

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 17, 2018, 05:53:10 pm
Baaaaahahahaha...you're going to call the SEC average until we get half of the SEC teams make it to the Sweet 16? You're kidding me...

Btw...thanks for sidestepping my logical question to you. I knew you'd have no answer since you have no clue how to use the word "average".
Didn't sidestep anything. A team that is above average should be able to win more than half of their conference games.

mykidsdad

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 05:58:15 pm
Didn't sidestep anything. A team that is above average should be able to win more than half of their conference games.

More math for you 3of5-2, 8 of 14 is more than half. I know, I know, math is hard!

3of5-2

Quote from: mykidsdad on February 17, 2018, 05:59:28 pm
More math for you 3of5-2, 8 of 14 is more than half. I know, I know, math is hard!
They just got there today, nothing to brag about Barbara.

PonderinHog

Quote from: mykidsdad on February 17, 2018, 05:59:28 pm
Well, if the answers to the even numbered questions were in the back of the book, I would've got that right.

sickboy

How people can live such miserable lives, I'll never understand. Especially over a damn game.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 05:58:15 pm

Whatever. You're purposely being ignorant to the practicality that EVERYONE is telling you. A conference of superteams would have VERY little parity since the whole conference would be good. But what you're trying to convince everyone is that THAT conference would be average cuz of the lack of parity. No. That conference would be great because of all of the good teams. Lack of parity doesn't mean bad. It means equal.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: sickboy on February 17, 2018, 06:03:00 pm
How people can live such miserable lives, I'll never understand. Especially over a damn game.

Some have been stewing since the MSU loss.  Always happens.  They come out when things appear to have turned around.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

code red

I don't think we r very good on defense.  But.  I am happy for them.  Let's just beat the bricks off of the Wildcats and I will b content.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

PonderinHog

Quote from: code red on February 17, 2018, 06:09:00 pm
I don't think we r very good on defense.  But.  I am happy for them.  Let's just beat the bricks off of the Wildcats and I will b content.
It's been awhile.  That would be nice.

mykidsdad

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 06:00:36 pm
They just got there today, nothing to brag about Barbara.

even more math. in order to get to 8-6, you first have to get to 7-6 which means that you are wrong again. You simply are having a bad day, but judging from your logic, it must happen often.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: code red on February 17, 2018, 06:09:00 pm

For the season, you're right but we've been much better overall last several games.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 05:56:46 pm
The ACC would beat the SEC teams head to head. Big 12 is average.

Just like that South Carolina and Duke game ladt year

3of5-2

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 17, 2018, 06:03:44 pm
Whatever. You're purposely being ignorant to the practicality that EVERYONE is telling you. A conference of superteams would have VERY little parity since the whole conference would be good. But what you're trying to convince everyone is that THAT conference would be average cuz of the lack of parity. No. That conference would be great because of all of the good teams. Lack of parity doesn't mean bad. It means equal.
You will see when NCAAt time comes, and how fast the SEC fades.

3of5-2

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 17, 2018, 06:16:36 pm
Just like that South Carolina and Duke game ladt year
Not talking about last year, that was then this is now.

sowmonella

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 05:50:10 pm
You are entitled to your opinion. I guess this is where I call you stupid. Sorry.
Isn't it long past time for you to leave?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 06:20:16 pm
You will see when NCAAt time comes, and how fast the SEC fades.

Again...you refuse to answer my direct questions.

3of5-2

Quote from: mykidsdad on February 17, 2018, 06:13:14 pm
even more math. in order to get to 8-6, you first have to get to 7-6 which means that you are wrong again. You simply are having a bad day, but judging from your logic, it must happen often.
Oh you are right, you were boasting so loud about that great conference record, that I forgot that they only got there on Tuesday.

3of5-2

blu

Let the dude go. We're on a roll, just like last year, but we could really, possibly go deeper than last year. Really could. Doesn't matter what mister reality thinks or says.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

3of5-2

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 17, 2018, 06:23:54 pm
Again...you refuse to answer my direct questions.
Parity is the word used when trying to convince yourself or others, that an average conference is better than it really is.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 06:21:09 pm
Not talking about last year, that was then this is now.

Ok... This is for you! Just Keep Watching!

Randohoggie

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 06:26:56 pm
Parity is the word used when trying to convince yourself or others, that an average conference is better than it really is.

Add it to the list of words you don't understand.

3of5-2

Quote from: blu on February 17, 2018, 06:25:31 pm
Let the dude go. We're on a roll, just like last year, but we could really, possibly go deeper than last year. Really could. Doesn't matter what mister reality thinks or says.
Like I've said plenty of times, the team that benefits the most of these average teams is the HOGS.

mykidsdad

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 06:28:31 pm
Like I've said plenty of times, the team that benefits the most of these average teams is the HOGS.

starting a gofund me page for 30f5-2. Poor guy doesn't have a team or a clue. Please donate, a mind is a terrible thing to waste, although I will admit it is probably too late

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 06:26:56 pm

Oh my word. No. Parity is a word that you are accidentally talking about. No one has separated from the pack in the SEC (lack of parity) and this is your excuse for an average conference. Cuz we're 3rd in the conference yet only 2 games above 500. Please...if your going to argue, make sure you understand what you're arguing about.

I'll also add this. I can see all of the SEC teams that make the tourney making a deep run. I can also see them losing in the first round. I as well as the rest of HV will wait to see what happens before making Definitive remarks like you.

AHiD

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 17, 2018, 06:03:44 pm

Doesn't parity mean that all the teams are about equal? I agree with your point but I think your terminology is backwards.
My name...is Jerruh

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on February 17, 2018, 06:36:07 pm
Doesn't parity mean that all the teams are about equal? I agree with your point but I think your terminology is backwards.

Lol...you're correct.

3of5-2

Quote from: mykidsdad on February 17, 2018, 06:31:10 pm
starting a gofund me page for 30f5-2. Poor guy doesn't have a team or a clue. Please donate, a mind is a terrible thing to waste, although I will admit it is probably too late
I'm pretty sure your answer to everything is getting someone else to pay for whatever it is you think needs a gofund me account. Please save your money for those kids Barbara.

scottwillrazbackfan1

Go Georgia Bulldawgs!!!!!

57-51 leading Tenn 4:56 left

mykidsdad

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 06:51:11 pm
I'm pretty sure your answer to everything is getting someone else to pay for whatever it is you think needs a gofund me account. Please save your money for those kids Barbara.

lol - I make more money in a year than your dumb ass will make in 5 years. of course it is to be expected with a logical mind such as yours and such a strong working knowledge of math. 

3of5-2

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 17, 2018, 06:33:58 pm
Oh my word. No. Parity is a word that you are accidentally talking about. No one has separated from the pack in the SEC (lack of parity) and this is your excuse for an average conference. Cuz we're 3rd in the conference yet only 2 games above 500. Please...if your going to argue, make sure you understand what you're arguing about.

I'll also add this. I can see all of the SEC teams that make the tourney making a deep run. I can also see them losing in the first round. I as well as the rest of HV will wait to see what happens before making Definitive remarks like you.
Hope to hear from you when the majority, more than average, of the teams get bounced.

mykidsdad

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 06:54:04 pm
Hope to hear from you when the majority, more than average, of the teams get bounced.

No you wont. You will run your mouth on here and then when your wrong, and you will be, you will stop getting on. You are pretty obvious, uneducated but obvious.

3of5-2

Quote from: mykidsdad on February 17, 2018, 06:53:27 pm
lol - I make more money in a year than your dumb ass will make in 5 years. of course it is to be expected with a logical mind such as yours and such a strong working knowledge of math.
You have no clue how much I have made in my lifetime, and how much I'm making off of it. I'm sure your kids are proud to know that their daddy calls someone a dumb ass while they are sitting behind a computer. I wonder if they are proud of anything else he does behind a computer.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 17, 2018, 06:54:04 pm

Ha ha...you seem way too excited in the hopes that the Hogs and the rest of the SEC fail all so you can continue to stand on your soap box. Pretty sad man.

3of5-2

Quote from: mykidsdad on February 17, 2018, 06:56:32 pm
No you wont. You will run your mouth on here and then when your wrong, and you will be, you will stop getting on. You are pretty obvious, uneducated but obvious.
Again, you do not know me Barbara, but I will make sure to be on here when the Sweet 16 is decided. Hopefully the HOGS will be one of them, but if most are not, you can bet I will awaiting your response.