Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hero Ball - Gafford Interview

Started by Rbill, February 12, 2018, 12:10:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rbill

Did you hear the player of the game interview where Gafford said "coach told us to get back to what we do and stop playing hero ball"?

I was actually very encouraged to hear Mike had labeled the way they were playing hero ball and is telling them to cut it out. Small things like that give us a glimpse that he sees what we see.

I still have my fingers crossed we can figure out a way to bring back the downhill momentum of the non-conference and actually work together and have fun.

Hoggish1

Looking forward to seeing it pan out!

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

greenEGnHAWGS

I think Gafford is our x-factor in ever game. When he's going, the team is almost unstoppable. I just wish he'd play a little more patient with the ball. It seems as though he rushes a lot of shots.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Reservoir Hogs

I have heard Mike telling the guys not to play "hero ball" several times this season, they seem to keep doing it tho.

Rbill

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 12, 2018, 07:37:07 am
I think Gafford is our x-factor in ever game. When he's going, the team is almost unstoppable. I just wish he'd play a little more patient with the ball. It seems as though he rushes a lot of shots.

I agree with this. My opinion is he is passed the ball so few times he thinks he absolutely has to shoot when he gets his chance. We need to both pass to him more and kick back out more.

He was certainly very confident in his interview.

mizzouman

That seems to be the catch phrase.  They had Cuonzo miked up during a game and said the same thing.

USChog

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 12, 2018, 07:37:07 am

I think his mind is made up when he is asking for the ball. He needs to catch it, assess it, and then move or pass. I have no idea though, just what it seems like.

He is definitely the x-factor though. When he is on it opens up everything else.

On a side note, his windmill dunk powered 1000 homes in Fayetteville Saturday night. That's clean energy at work.