Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

POLL: SHOULD Mike be fired if he misses the NCAA?

Started by The_Iceman, February 03, 2018, 04:47:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Mediocre Mike be fired if he misses the NCAA tournament?

Yes
408 (71.2%)
No
118 (20.6%)
Frito Pie
47 (8.2%)

Total Members Voted: 569

Albert Einswine

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 07, 2018, 08:43:40 am
Yep. I wondered who would catch that. 😋

Altman was here for, what, like 47 minutes?
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Albert Einswine on February 07, 2018, 08:56:31 am

Altman was here for, what, like 47 minutes?

Yep, but it's relevant that a guy who recently went to the Final Four fled this job after seeing just how dysfunctional it really was. That was prior to Pelphrey's contributions.

I love hog basketball more than most here but can't justify the claims that our program IS elite or has been in decades. This program was in hospice after Pel with all ties to its tradition of success nearly a decade and a half in the rear view mirror and completely unrecognized by upcoming recruits and young basketball fans outside this state.

UNLV used to be elite. Is that a plug n play job? Just dispelling the notion this program should be favored for the Sweet 16 annually regardless of who the coach is.

elksnort

You folks dig up crap from 10+ years ago.

It doesnt take that long to turn a basketball program around. Auburn is a good example. Cheating or not. The players still have to play and the coaches have to coach. Either your team gets it done or not.
NCAAt or bust.

Athog

Quote from: 1highhog on February 03, 2018, 06:34:18 pm
Breems, look dude, I know you're a Mike Anderson defender and would just about except him going 0fer just like FCJ.  But, you're comparing Apple's to boiled eggs here.  Arkansas basketball has been to the promised land and in much of the 90's was a top 5 program, Texas A&M in basketball is not even a step sister compared to Arkansas success.  So please don't compare the two programs or what the two should expect.  Texas A&M should be happy with an above 50% winning season every year and that's it.

Are you kidding me?? We went to the promise land  24 years ago! Let's not act like we are special and do much better! You had better compare AM as an equal because they are.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: elksnort on February 08, 2018, 08:19:56 am

It doesnt take that long to turn a basketball program around. Auburn is a good example. Cheating or not. The players still have to play and the coaches have to coach. Either your team gets it done or not.
NCAAt or bust.

Wins will be vacated and the program will be worse once Pearl is gone from Auburn. Arkansas will be in great shape regardless when Mike Anderson decide to step away from this job.

forrest city joe

This Poll and thread is pure garbage.and needs to be in the trash can.IT'S GARBAGE!

99toLife

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 08, 2018, 01:57:40 pm
This Poll and thread is pure garbage.and needs to be in the trash can.IT'S GARBAGE!

Why?  Don't worry FCJ Mike ain't gonna be fired this year no matter what happens.

Beaverfever

Being 5-6 in conference with two senior All-SEC guards leading your team is garbage.  Coach Anderson doesn't work for free.  He makes a lot of money and he should expect to lose his job if after 7 seasons he has 2 tournament appearances and only 2 tourney wins. 

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

bkjbearcat

Quote from: elksnort on February 08, 2018, 08:19:56 am

NCAAt or bust.

There is no such thing as cheating in college sports. Some HC do whatever it takes to win. Others never make it past the second round.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 08, 2018, 01:36:36 pm
Wins will be vacated and the program will be worse once Pearl is gone from Auburn. Arkansas will be in great shape regardless when Mike Anderson decide to step away from this job.

Sure they will.....
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

pigture perfect

over 70% do not have the same opinion.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Dominicanhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 05, 2018, 07:13:36 am
Only 15% of hog fans believe Mediocre Mike should be keep his job if he misses the NCAA Tournament this year.

I wonder how many think you are a POS and a mediocre POS at that... do a poll on that... is this all you got, you mediocre little weasel...

The_Iceman

Quote from: Dominicanhog on February 10, 2018, 06:54:59 am
I wonder how many think you are a POS and a mediocre POS at that... do a poll on that... is this all you got, you mediocre little weasel...

I'm guessing you and the Mediocre Mike lovers. The rest of us that judge a coach based on his overall record and performance, instead of nostalgia and emotion, will probably not be on your side in that poll.

Especially considering the vast majority of Hogville posters actually agreed with me on this poll that you hate so much.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 10, 2018, 07:26:58 am
I'm guessing you and the Mediocre Mike lovers. The rest of us that judge a coach based on his overall record and performance, instead of nostalgia and emotion, will probably not be on your side in that poll.

Especially considering the vast majority of Hogville posters actually agreed with me on this poll that you hate so much.

How many HV's are there?  I'd bet this poll does not represent the vast majority.. a marginal amount of haters that get off on complaining...

Whiners and complainers do polls that that they know their like kind will show up....  we are fighting for a bid in a tough conference, playing and coaching as hard as they can, yet all you do is spew shite..

The OTR

Hate when you get like this.  You forget to space after sentences (among other things) when you get wound up like this. I wish some of you would stop posting garbage.