Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jarius Wright

Started by PLHawg, January 15, 2018, 01:24:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PLHawg

Jarius played a helluva game today!  He deserves a shout-out from Hog fans, and think it would be really cool to see the Vikings play the Pats in the SB.  That would be 3 Hogs in the starting 44 players in the SB, which I think would be really cool!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Sorry bud, eagles and the patriots.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

pigture perfect

I'm hoping the Jags over the Pats. It won't happen, here's to hope.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

PORKULATOR

Patsies are the Devil and their fans are demon spawn.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

hoglady

Saints fan here - still in disbelief over that last play.
Not really surprised - the Saints have found all kinds of ways to lose since they entered the league.
Wright being on the Vikings and having a good game - was the only thing that made the loss sting a little less.
Go Vikings the rest of the way!!!
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

AirWarren

Saints fan here. Tough loss.

But being a Warren boy, seeing Jay out there making plays made it worth it.

Boarcephus

Quote from: hoglady on January 15, 2018, 07:42:20 am
Not really surprised - the Saints have found all kinds of ways to lose since they entered the league.
Wright being on the Vikings and having a good game - was the only thing that made the loss sting a little less.

The last play was mind blowing and that safety will have a horrible offseason.  That was a game where I didn't really care who won because I like Brees while the Vikings have never won.  Nice to see 3 or 4 teams all be somewhat newcomers to the hoopla.  If just one can beat the Pats, I'm good. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 15, 2018, 01:43:32 am
I'm hoping the Jags over the Pats. It won't happen, here's to hope.

When I moved to the north side of Indianapolis in 2004 I relentlessly heard from Colts fans how Peyton Manning was the bestest QB in the history of the world. I've been a Pats fan since I was in 3rd grade in the '70s. Colts fans HATE the Pats and Tom Brady with a passion because they've wrecked the Colts so often over the course of the Belichick/Brady era.

I told a couple of the most obnoxious Colts fans at work 14 years ago that Brady would win 6 Super Bowls before he was done, I believed it then and I believe it now. If not for those 2 awful losses to 2 inferior Giants teams he'd already have 7.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 15, 2018, 07:46:27 am
The last play was mind blowing and that safety will have a horrible offseason.  That was a game where I didn't really care who won because I like Brees while the Vikings have never won.  Nice to see 3 or 4 teams all be somewhat newcomers to the hoopla.  If just one can beat the Pats, I'm good. 

Am reminded of the old admonition to see what you hit. The DB simply ducked a shoulder and tried to undercut the receiver. All he had to do was tackle an airborne receiver in bounds, and the game was over. He will replay that down in his head for the rest of his career.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

#1 STUNNA

Love seeing a good friend fulfill his dream. Its crazy to think he was a better defensive back than receiver in high school. He definitely makes his hometown proud.

Bubba's Bruisers

Alwasy like the Vikings.  Really hoping they find a way to win it all.  I think QB will be the downfall, though.

Just glad Steelers are out of it.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Boarcephus

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on January 15, 2018, 08:20:24 am
Am reminded of the old admonition to see what you hit. The DB simply ducked a shoulder and tried to undercut the receiver. All he had to do was tackle an airborne receiver in bounds, and the game was over. He will replay that down in his head for the rest of his career.

I'm not sure if he was trying to avoid the PI call at the last instant or just flat ducked his head and missed everything.    Hindsight is easy but if all he was trying to do was avoid the PI was wait, let the receiver catch the ball, make the tackle and the game was over. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Uncle Remus

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 15, 2018, 09:10:57 am
I'm not sure if he was trying to avoid the PI call at the last instant or just flat ducked his head and missed everything.    Hindsight is easy but if all he was trying to do was avoid the PI was wait, let the receiver catch the ball, make the tackle and the game was over.

They more than likely would have been heading to OT as they were well within field goal range of their kicker who can absolutely crush it.  Still, play for overtime rather than risking the loss with no time left.  Was an unbelievable turn of events.  You know the Saints are still sick this morning!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Uncle Remus on January 15, 2018, 09:19:44 am
They more than likely would have been heading to OT as they were well within field goal range of their kicker who can absolutely crush it.  Still, play for overtime rather than risking the loss with no time left.  Was an unbelievable turn of events.  You know the Saints are still sick this morning!

There was no OT option.  Any score for the Vikings would have won it in regulation.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Bubba's Bruisers

hogsanity

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 15, 2018, 09:32:51 am
There was no OT option.  Any score for the Vikings would have won it in regulation.

Unless the Saints somehow gained possession, then fumbled on the same play and the ball went out of the end zone. Safety, 2 pts for MN, tie game.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

RazorWhacker

Quote from: hogsanity on January 15, 2018, 09:38:35 am
Unless the Saints somehow gained possession, then fumbled on the same play and the ball went out of the end zone. Safety, 2 pts for MN, tie game.

And there you have it.

rtr

J. Wright is one of my all-time favorite Hogs. 
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: RazorWhacker on January 15, 2018, 09:46:39 am
And there you have it.

Except he's wrong.  Math apparently isn't his strong suit. 

MTBrookHog

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 15, 2018, 09:10:57 am
Looking to make the ESPN highlight reel instead of making a fundamental tackle.

Iwastherein1969

Very proud of Jarius. He has made a nice career in the NFL. Out of the BIG 3 from Warren HS that one great class (Wright, Childs, Gragg), I think Jarius would have been picked last of the 3 to do the best in the NFL. Now this assumption would BEFORE the knee injuries of Childs.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

thebignasty

Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

rzrbk4life

Glad to see jwright doing well. Was a crazy game last night
Let's call those hogs!!!!

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: hoglady on January 15, 2018, 07:42:20 am

Saints fan here as well. Really tough loss, a bit like the TB touchdown to end the regular season but with bigger implications. The slow start in the first half killed them.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 15, 2018, 10:36:33 am
Very proud of Jarius. He has made a nice career in the NFL. Out of the BIG 3 from Warren HS that one great class (Wright, Childs, Gragg), I think Jarius would have been picked last of the 3 to do the best in the NFL. Now this assumption would BEFORE the knee injuries of Childs.

crazy to think their was a 4th committed to the hogs that was a better athlete than the three that made it to campus.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on January 15, 2018, 01:37:17 am

I think the Vikes win with Foles starting for the birds
Go away, batin'

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 15, 2018, 10:36:33 am
Yes, I was at the GA game where Childs caught the long sideline route in the 4th qtr.  I thought he would be the one to really have the potential at the next level. 

IronHog

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on January 15, 2018, 02:53:38 pm
Yes, I was at the GA game where Childs caught the long sideline route in the 4th qtr.  I thought he would be the one to really have the potential at the next level. 

Child's coulda been a solid NFL #2 or maybe even #1 WR

The knees just didn't hold out.  Same as Monk
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

1highhog

Quote from: IronHog on January 15, 2018, 02:56:04 pm

Child’s coulda been a solid NFL #2 or maybe even #1 WR

The knees just didn’t hold out.  Same as Monk

Well, it was a pretty bad injury that was the downfall of Childs career, that happened right in front of me.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 15, 2018, 02:23:31 pm
I think the Vikes win with Foles starting for the birds

Yeah, this will come down the the QB's.  Both have excellent D's.  I guess I trust Keenum slightly more than Foles.  And I want the Vikings to win, so...

hoglady

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on January 15, 2018, 02:01:31 pm
Saints fan here as well. Really tough loss, a bit like the TB touchdown to end the regular season but with bigger implications. The slow start in the first half killed them.

Heartbreaking - and the play is everywhere, you can't get away from it. I made a point to not listen to sports radio and they were even talking about it on music radio.
The defense was much better this year but still didn't close out games in the clutch the end of the season.
Oh well - I used to go to games when fans wore bags on their heads and they were known as the Aint's. At least, we're a long way from those days.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hogsanity

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 15, 2018, 10:30:44 am
Except he's wrong.  Math apparently isn't his strong suit. 

my bad thought the NO FG put them up 2.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Soooie21

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on January 15, 2018, 01:37:17 am
Vikings are better at this point..without Wentz it is going to be hard..

N HOG

Quote from: Uncle Remus on January 15, 2018, 09:19:44 am

If he had just tackled him the game was over. Vikings didn't have a timeout. No way they could have lined up in time for a FG.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!