Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Butch Jones finally opens up about his final season at Tennessee

Started by jbcarol, January 05, 2018, 06:06:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

As Tennessee's coach from 2013-17. Jones went 34-27 in leading the Vols, a run that included three consecutive bowl appearances to cap the 2014-16 seasons.

But the most recent campaign included plenty of tribulations for the Vols, who went 4-6 under Jones before he was fired following a loss to Missouri on 11/11

Quote"It's a result-oriented business," Jones said on the ESPNU Radio appearance. "The last two years, I've never been a part of anything [like that]. This year, we had 29 concussions. We had 25 players out. Never been a part of anything like that. And we looked at everything, our practice structure. Most of them were game-induced injuries, and it was very, very unfortunate because I thought we had come a long way. And I'm proud of all our players and staff. But as you get ready for the next journey, you learn from some things and you get ready to move on. Already, I'm starting to get that itch."

Those are quality reflections from Jones, especially the part about him "starting to get that itch" to coach again.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net