Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Score prediction for Tennessee Game

Started by Snout team, December 28, 2017, 06:01:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Snout team

82-78 Hogs
We are going to need balanced scoring with Barford leading the way because of penetration points.  I don't expect us to shoot 60% for this game.  I would love to be wrong and see us blow them off the court.  Tennessee is not the best team we will face in the SEC but I suspect they are in the top 3.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

RaisinHog

I think we hit free throws at the end and win by a 10-12 point margin .. we could just as easily shoot the lights out and win by 20

BannerMountainMan

88-69 Ark. you can't come in the bud and win this year.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

3of5-2

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ErykofArkansas

I think we keep up our average in the Bud

95-85  Good guys.

YtownHog

My heart says we make a statement and Tennessee is in the wrong place, wrong time. 91-74 Hogs

pimphog

I think we dominate at home - 88 - 73 HOGS

Hollywood_HOGan45

It's going to take a monumental effort to beat us at the Bud this year. With the crowd juiced from the start ut will be playing uphill the entire afternoon.  93-77 us.

swineology

1st loss in the Bud

78 - 65 Tenner

Cryptonite to beat us is shut down Macon and Barford

bolo1010

Our bench is too deep for Tennessee to hang.   They might stick around for maybe 3/4ths of the game but we will put them away in the last 5 mins or so  92-80 Hogs

jgphillips3

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: swineology on December 28, 2017, 09:54:59 pm
1st loss in the Bud

78 - 65 Tenner

Cryptonite to beat us is shut down Macon and Barford
in the distance CJ and Gafford says "it's my day"

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: YtownHog on December 28, 2017, 07:53:24 pm
My heart says we make a statement and Tennessee is in the wrong place, wrong time. 91-74 Hogs
Post of the day.

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 28, 2017, 07:17:24 pm
why are still even a fan?
Shhh... We need at least a couple of dissenters or our boys will go in jinxed. I'll let somebody else handle that.

93-78 Hogs
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

bolo1010

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 28, 2017, 10:06:54 pm
in the distance CJ and Gafford says "it's my day"

Along with Thomas and Hall who are playing solids.  And Beard,  he's having an amazing senior season.  You can tell he worked hard on his body and game over the summer.

That's what makes this a a lot better team than we have had in the past.  In the past years if you shut down our one or two good players or if they had an off game it was almost a garaunteed loss.  This year we not only have guys that can step up offensively when they need to but the better players understand that If they have an off night shooting they can contribute in other ways with assists, and hard defense.  This is a very selfless high iq team that all know their role pretty well which will make us a very dangerous in February and March.   This has been one of the most fun basketball seasons I have watched in a long time and that's what it's all about.  You can even see how much fun the players have when they play and the excitement they have for their teammates when they make great plays.  I love how excited they get for "Mr. Exclamation Point" Holmes.   Can't wait for Saturday!

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

rzrbackramsfan

hobhog

I'm worried about this one. UT is good and this is the type of game Hogs have dropped early in SEC to shake confidence. Hope they prove me wrong but seen this movie before.

TexArkHogFan

We are going to win.  I don't care by how much, even if it's a tip in at the buzzer, or a blow out from the beginning, but we will win.

There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

hawgmasta

86-78 Hogs. I think we are better and will win in the end with some high % ft shots. Tennessee is better than most think and will take it down to the wire. Unfortunately for them this team is deep and in sync. I'm loving this year! WPS!

hawkhawg

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

Razorod

I think it will be back and forth for the first  thirty or so minutes, then Hogs start pulling away in the last 8-10 minutes.

Hogs 80 Vols 70
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hobhog on December 28, 2017, 11:38:50 pm
I'm worried about this one. UT is good and this is the type of game Hogs have dropped early in SEC to shake confidence. Hope they prove me wrong but seen this movie before.

Yeah, Florida came in and beat us at home last year in our first conference game. I think Barford and Macon were still adjusting at that time and they will be much more prepared having gone through the wars in conference play last year.

I'm calling the Hogs, 92-79.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Hawg Red

I see a lot of confidence in a double digit win for the Hogs, but I can only assume this will be a stout test for the Hogs. I would love to see the Hogs win by 12+, but I'm thinking 79-73 Hogs.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Hawg Red on December 29, 2017, 09:20:13 am
I see a lot of confidence in a double digit win for the Hogs, but I can only assume this will be a stout test for the Hogs. I would love to see the Hogs win by 12+, but I'm thinking 79-73 Hogs.

I saw one betting line that shows Tennessee -2. Could come down to the wire for sure but I am thinking it will be close but the double digit margin will come from Macon making free throws to close out the win.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Hawg Red

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 29, 2017, 09:28:48 am
I saw one betting line that shows Tennessee -2. Could come down to the wire for sure but I am thinking it will be close but the double digit margin will come from Macon making free throws to close out the win.

Hmm. Don't know if I would consider it that tough of a game to favor Tennessee, but I do expect a battle.

Atlhogfan1

Hogs 84-76

This game will be affected by how much the officials interject themselves as both teams will be physical.  Tennessee fouls more frequently than any team in any power conference. 

Hogs and Vols opponents avg about 22 FTA's per game each.  This game could see 50+ if the officials choose.  Hope not as it will kill flow and entertainment value and probably favor the Vols as it will keep the pace down and maybe the crowd energy. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Springfield_MO_Razorback

hogwood

d3maybe

No idea on the actual score but I don't think the Hogs lose in the Bud this year.

gmarv54

WarEagleSharkFalconHawg

We win at BW. We would lose this game at Tennessee. It will be close.

b-ball coach

Hogs keep it going at the Bud, 82-74 W!

Dropkick

Smalltownhog95

Every time i get hopeful im let down. So ill say we get blown out at home 85-72 and be glad when im wrong :)
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Letsroll1200

BroyledNutts

78 -74 Somebody ....

If Macon and Barford are dialed in from outside, if Gafford, Thompson, and Thomas stay in the game and out of foul trouble, if Jones is effective off the bench, and if Beard doesn't try to take over the game and do too much we should win. If outside shooting struggles, if foul trouble appears early, if role players try to exceed their role, Tennessee will beat us.

Two X factors to keep an eye on ... How much the refs try to take control of the game, and how we shoot free throws late.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

GrizzlyRider07

No see this game being in the high 60s or low 70s. I just don't think either team will be able to score like they were in the non conference. I see this being a pretty close game with the Hogs pulling it out 75-69. I think our depth and style of play catches up with them and we pull away just enough to win. 
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

The real Hogules

If we jump out defensively on the Vols 3 pt. attempts and limit their 2nd & 3rd shots by hitting the defensive glass, it'll be an easy win for our Hogs. OTOH, if we come out and are late getting out on their outside shooters and allow them to dominate us on the boards, we'll be in a nail biter until the final horn sounds. Tennessee does two things extremely well - shoot the three and rebound the basketball. If you want to beat them, then make them work their tails off to accomplish those two things.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.