Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You guys watching Mizzou/Texas?

Started by Boarcephus, December 27, 2017, 08:18:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

Unless it turns around, Mizzou is in trouble.  12:54 to go in the first quarter, down 7-0, 4 penalties  When UT throws the ball, Mizzou holds or has pass pass interference called.   
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 27, 2017, 08:18:44 pm
Unless it turns around, Mizzou is in trouble.  12:54 to go in the first quarter, down 7-0, 4 penalties  When UT throws the ball, Mizzou holds or has pass pass interference called.   

12:54 to go in the First quarter and you think they are in trouble. Still drinking the eggnog huh....................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

elksnort

Mizzou will come back.
Their staff has done a heck of a job turning this team around

Danimal

Quote from: elksnort on December 27, 2017, 09:06:21 pm
Mizzou will come back.
You sure about that?....

31to6

Quote from: elksnort on December 27, 2017, 09:06:21 pm
Mizzou will come back.
Barry needs to get a different GA to call the plays. I know they lost their OC, but this is sad to watch.

elksnort

elksnort

Quote from: 31to6 on December 27, 2017, 09:47:28 pm
Barry needs to get a different GA to call the plays. I know they lost their OC, but this is sad to watch.
so they lost their coordinator?

31to6

elksnort

Dr. Starcs

elksnort

Mizzou has to hang on to the damn ball

onebadrubi

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 27, 2017, 08:24:39 pm
12:54 to go in the First quarter and you think they are in trouble. Still drinking the eggnog huh....................

Yup, they were in trouble. 

jbcarol

Mizzou lost 26-16 in the 2017 Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas Bowl Wednesday night (Dec. 27) at NRG

QuoteAfter Mizzou cut the game to a one-score contest at 21-16, the Tiger defense forced another Texas punt, giving the ball back to Mizzou, trailing by five late in the third quarter. Following an incompletion on first down, the ball was snapped over QB Drew Lock's head and out of the back of the endzone for a safety, stretching Texas' lead to 23-16. That set up a free kick to give the ball back to Texas with a seven-point lead.

Mizzou appeared to get a big stop on third down, but a roughing the passer penalty extended the drive and Texas [kicked] a field goal three plays later to go up 26-16. Mizzou got to midfield on the ensuing drive, but was forced to punt with 10:45 remaining.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Boarcephus

December 28, 2017, 07:41:09 am #13 Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 07:52:12 am by Boarcephus
I saw where their DE shared his thoughts about the offensive coaches leaving.  It is what it is but he brings up some good points and the same thing happened at SMU.

Missouri defensive end Marcell Frazier blamed departed offensive coordinator Josh Heupel for leaving the Tigers high and dry after they got rolled by Texas 33-16 Wednesday night at the Texas Bowl.

"Realistically, Heupel left us in a bad position," Frazier said of Heupel, who took the head-coaching job at Central Florida, bringing offensive line coach Glen Elarbee with him. "It is what it is. And Elarbee left us in a bad position. As men they have to look in the mirror. They let a whole bunch of teenage boys down, 18- and 19-year-olds. They left and they have to do what's best for their family, but I think it showed up a little bit today. We were doing things [on offense] we haven't done since maybe the Auburn game. It showed up.

"We practiced for almost a whole month without an O-coordinator or an O-line coach after having one of the most dominating offenses in the nation. It's tough. I believe they let some guys down. They had to do what's best for them. I don't quite understand it."

Frazier pointed to Scott Frost, who is still coaching Central Florida in the Peach Bowl despite taking the Nebraska job, as someone who's setting a better example.

"So I don't quite understand all the politics, but it showed up," Frazier said. "Texas, I don't believe they had anyone leave their entire staff. We had two offensive coaches leave."
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 28, 2017, 07:41:09 am
I saw where their DE shared his thoughts about the offensive coaches leaving.  It is what it is but he brings up some good points and the same thing happened at SMU.

Missouri defensive end Marcell Frazier blamed departed offensive coordinator Josh Heupel for leaving the Tigers high and dry after they got rolled by Texas 33-16 Wednesday night at the Texas Bowl.

"Realistically, Heupel left us in a bad position," Frazier said of Heupel, who took the head-coaching job at Central Florida, bringing offensive line coach Glen Elarbee with him. "It is what it is. And Elarbee left us in a bad position. As men they have to look in the mirror. They let a whole bunch of teenage boys down, 18- and 19-year-olds. They left and they have to do what's best for their family, but I think it showed up a little bit today. We were doing things [on offense] we haven't done since maybe the Auburn game. It showed up.

"We practiced for almost a whole month without an O-coordinator or an O-line coach after having one of the most dominating offenses in the nation. It's tough. I believe they let some guys down. They had to do what's best for them. I don't quite understand it."

Frazier pointed to Scott Frost, who is still coaching Central Florida in the Peach Bowl despite taking the Nebraska job, as someone who's setting a better example.

"So I don't quite understand all the politics, but it showed up," Frazier said. "Texas, I don't believe they had anyone leave their entire staff. We had two offensive coaches leave."

Sad that players can't bounce around but coaches can just do whatever they feel is best for them no matter what.

Boarcephus

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 28, 2017, 10:33:06 am
Sad that players can't bounce around but coaches can just do whatever they feel is best for them no matter what.

There are players who are setting out of bowl games because they don't want to take a chance on getting hurt before the draft and are catching flak.  These teams who have lost their coaches are getting screwed in the bowl setups.  They work their butts off getting to the bowl only to have the staff bail out on them and I think that's wrong.  Not sure there is an answer but it still sucks.