Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monk and Goodwin

Started by root_hawg, December 26, 2017, 12:03:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

root_hawg

Both starting today and on right now on NBATV. 

Kevin

was just going to post that. if archie's done with his rookie contract, then he is not making much money in this league
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

rude1

Is brother Marcus there working on the "Monk" brand?

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

FineAsSwine

Quote from: rude1 on December 26, 2017, 12:16:40 pm
Is brother Marcus there working on the "Monk" brand?

I think this might just boost his Q score, right?

oldman1015

Quote from: root_hawg on December 26, 2017, 12:03:24 pm
Both starting today and on right now on NBATV. 
Never heard of them.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

FrJoseph

Quote from: Kevin on December 26, 2017, 12:09:55 pm
was just going to post that. if archie's done with his rookie contract, then he is not making much money in this league

Goodwin is expendable because of his "small" contract. The salary cap in the NBA is off the charts. He has steadily gotten better and has still made around 4 million. He's 23. Monk can't play defense yet. He still has 5 million in his pocket guaranteed. Both of these kids will make far more money, and so far more good in  their community that their detractors ever will.

Fr Joe
You made us for yourself oh God, and are hearts are restless until they rest in you.

rude1

Quote from: FrJoseph on December 26, 2017, 05:55:32 pm
Goodwin is expendable because of his "small" contract. The salary cap in the NBA is off the charts. He has steadily gotten better and has still made around 4 million. He's 23. Monk can't play defense yet. He still has 5 million in his pocket guaranteed. Both of these kids will make far more money, and so far more good in  their community that their detractors ever will.

Fr Joe
I think you need to go look up a stat on how many NBA players are broke 5 years after their playing days are over, and that includes guys who have made a lot more money than what you are talking about.

FrJoseph

Quote from: rude1 on December 26, 2017, 06:15:35 pm
I think you need to go look up a stat on how many NBA players are broke 5 years after their playing days are over, and that includes guys who have made a lot more money than what you are talking about.

That's a totally different conversation. I believe that both of these kids have good people around them. Hopefully they want "invest" in their buddies businesses like so many do. I worry more about Malik than i do Archie.

Fr Joe
You made us for yourself oh God, and are hearts are restless until they rest in you.

King Kong

Fr Joe

Goodwin is just about done with NBA money. Europe is now is where he will have to go make money in the future

FrJoseph

Quote from: King Kong on December 26, 2017, 06:26:38 pm
Goodwin is just about done with NBA money. Europe is now is where he will have to go make money in the future

Many scouts would disagree. If I were advising him, I would tell him to go to Europe and develop his game more. Then come back to the NBA. He relies too much on Athletic ability. As he gets older he will mature.

Fr Joe

King Kong

Quote from: FrJoseph on December 26, 2017, 06:32:43 pm
Many scouts would disagree. If I were advising him, I would tell him to go to Europe and develop his game more. Then come back to the NBA. He relies too much on Athletic ability. As he gets older he will mature.

Fr Joe

If they disagreed they wouldn't be signing him to 10 day contracts

ShadowHawg

Fr Joe

After taxes and agent cuts, they get less than half that money in their pocket. They need to anage it well. If they do they can have all the money they will ever need......... in about 15 years

bkjbearcat

So both of them are in the G-League? After going to the great basketball factory KY?

Some business decision guys. Mark Zuckerberg would be proud.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: FrJoseph on December 26, 2017, 06:25:46 pm
That's a totally different conversation. I believe that both of these kids have good people around them. Hopefully they want "invest" in their buddies businesses like so many do. I worry more about Malik than i do Archie.

Fr Joe
Well, we know Malik bought his mom a new house and a car.
Typical first contract purchases, though.

HogFoo

Well I guess those of us that kind of predicted Monk to basically not make it in the NBA are being proven right. Same with Goodwin.  Monk's size and game was a dime a dozen. There were lots better players out there than he is at that size.  His whole argument for basically going to UK was just BS. He could have probably went further in ncaa if he came to arkansas, could have been drafted in an equal position if not better, could have been a home state hero when no teams in the NBA want him anymore and when he was done playing in some other country he could have came back to Arkansas with enough money to have lived very well here. He probably could have even got a job as some executive making a very decent salary too.  But, he and his brother Marcus screwed the pooch.  I can't say that I didn't crack a smile seeing him dropped to the G-league . But oh well.  Thats what ya get! 

The only thing worse is hearing ole Nick mason on the radio talking hogs. Especially since he was partners with Marcus to try to get money raised for all the tourneys the Monks were trying to schedule while trying to push the idea it may help the Hogs get Maliks signature while the whole time knowing he was never coming to Arkansas.  Nick mason was part of that too. So yeah I hold  some resentment towards Nick mason as well.  Anyways. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on December 26, 2017, 07:55:07 pm
Well, we know Malik bought his mom a new house and a car.
Typical first contract purchases, though.

He didn't get a good UK deal then. Normally they take care of that

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: King Kong on December 26, 2017, 06:37:20 pm
If they disagreed they wouldn't be signing him to 10 day contracts

Mic drop

labb

I watched Monk and Goodwin today. First time I have really paid much attention to Monk...didn't see much from Goodwin...Monk though is a different story. He was knocking down the shots. He is a lot quicker than I thought he was. Gets his shot off very quick. If the kid wants to work at it he can be very, very good. Needs to add the drive to the rim and mid range game so that the D has to respect that part of his game and not stack at the three line. Sorry guys but that is what I saw...JMO

rude1

Quote from: labb on December 26, 2017, 08:33:04 pm
I watched Monk and Goodwin today. First time I have really paid much attention to Monk...didn't see much from Goodwin...Monk though is a different story. He was knocking down the shots. He is a lot quicker than I thought he was. Gets his shot off very quick. If the kid wants to work at it he can be very, very good. Needs to add the drive to the rim and mid range game so that the D has to respect that part of his game and not stack at the three line. Sorry guys but that is what I saw...JMO
Context, he was doing that against other G-League players, not the same as doing it against NBA defenses.

FATHAWG08

Fr Joe
5 million for a pro with all the handouts he's dealing with is a recipe to be broke early.
I love off season Football!!

greasy_corner

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on December 26, 2017, 09:24:20 pm
5 million for a pro with all the handouts he's dealing with is a recipe to be broke early.

$5M - tax - monkus mark fees = not enough to feed yo kids

FrJoseph

Hmmmmmm. Where did you play? I would like to know about all of the handouts. My dad played in the early seventies, never mentioned much about the handouts.

Fr Joe

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

FATHAWG08

Quote from: FrJoseph on December 26, 2017, 10:19:16 pm
Hmmmmmm. Where did you play? I would like to know about all of the handouts. My dad played in the early seventies, never mentioned much about the handouts.

Fr Joe
If your Dad did play (would love to see  proof).Also, you're comparing the 70's where the majority of players had second jobs to 2017. Brilliant!!!! Troll much?

ArkansasI

Not taking sides here, but whatever the net figure is for the above is a whole lotta money to me. I appreciate the frustration that comes along with snubbing the Hogs, but our poking fun of these guys making millions at young ages is juvenile.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Fr Joe

NBA now is much different than the Seventies. Now they play games on TV without tape delay

But I believe what the poster is talking about is friends and family wanting a piece of the pie from Malik.  No clue how Malik is handling that situation but it has put many players and musicians in the poor house.

Letsroll1200

He was only sent to the G-League for one game. He's back with the Hornets! No big deal and I hope the kid makes a boat load of money for his family.

parallaxpig

Fr Joe

What community would that be?
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

woo.pig

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on December 27, 2017, 08:22:38 am
He was only sent to the G-League for one game. He's back with the Hornets! No big deal and I hope the kid makes a boat load of money for his family.

Oh look Nick Mason checking in.

TheEnemy

Fr Joe

He means the many hands out asking for money, i.e. posse, friends, family, baby mommas, hanger-ons, etc...

FrJoseph

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on December 26, 2017, 11:22:11 pm
If your Dad did play (would love to see  proof).Also, you're comparing the 70's where the majority of players had second jobs to 2017. Brilliant!!!! Troll much?

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/John-Ramsey-74819/

Went John Theodore Ramsey. Went by his middle name after he got through playing for obvious reasons. I don't hide behind a fake name. You still didn't answer the question of where you played. I mean, you must have played to know as much inside info.

Fr Joe

FrJoseph

Quote from: parallaxpig on December 27, 2017, 08:29:39 am
What community would that be?

Whatever community they decide to settle in

Fr Joe

FrJoseph

Quote from: TheEnemy on December 27, 2017, 11:30:30 am
He means the many hands out asking for money, i.e. posse, friends, family, baby mommas, hanger-ons, etc...

I wasn't aware that Malik and Archie had a lot of children. ........ or a "Posse" for that matter.

Fr Joe

FATHAWG08

December 27, 2017, 01:27:52 pm #34 Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 02:39:02 pm by FATHAWG08
Quote from: FrJoseph on December 27, 2017, 11:42:24 am
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/John-Ramsey-74819/

Went John Theodore Ramsey. Went by his middle name after he got through playing for obvious reasons. I don't hide behind a fake name. You still didn't answer the question of where you played. I mean, you must have played to know as much inside info.

Fr Joe
What does playing college basketball have to do with having inside info? It's been pretty open knowledge on the Monk's. It's very obvious you're not from Arkansas. By the way what college team did you play for? Living off your Dad's accomplishments is pretty sad.

FrJoseph

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on December 27, 2017, 01:27:52 pm
What does playing college basketball have to do with having inside info? It's been pretty open knowledge on the Monk's. It's very obvious you're not from Arkansas. By the way what college team did you play for? Living off your Dad's accomplishments is pretty sad.

Fordham. So in other words it's just a guess?

Fr Joe