Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Name one change for the good you would like to see result from all of this.

Started by nextlevel, November 21, 2017, 06:44:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sowmonella

Quote from: nextlevel on November 21, 2017, 06:44:43 pm
For me, I'm hoping the next HC values recruiting enough to end the embarrassment and lost recruits that have resulted from having every OV dinner the Catfish Hole.

We need to group OVers together based on socioeconomic status and geographical fits and tailor the dinner for the group in attendance, so sure when Jimmy Threestar is leaving the single-wide down on the delta for the first time you take him to the Catfish Hole. When Johnny Fivestar is in for a OV you take him to get a 5 star steak.

What do you hope to see change for the better?
We are now recruiting at as high a level as we ever have. We can pull in a Top 25 class every year and still be 10th in the SEC. We need to "legally" land a top 10 class a couple of years in a row. I'm not sure that is possible right now.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Pig in the Pokey

For me, I'm hoping the next HC values recruiting enough to end the embarrassment and lost recruits that have resulted from having every OV dinner the Catfish Hole.

We need to group OVers together based on socioeconomic status and geographical fits and tailor the dinner for the group in attendance, so sure when Jimmy Threestar is leaving the single-wide down on the delta for the first time you take him to the Catfish Hole. When Johnny Fivestar is in for a OV you take him to get a 5 star steak.

rich white dudes arent a recruiting priority , lol. But CH does have decent steaks.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Grunt

Quote from: island hog on November 21, 2017, 06:49:43 pm
Why change?  Going to a place that is Hog to the bone is fantastic. The food is good, the environment lively and is overly positive. You really think a five star recruit has different tastes and views about things than a three star?  They come from the same place, in most cases. Keep it the same imo
All else being equal, I'll take the five-star steak. Is there a Red Lobster in the Nam?
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Grunt

Quote from: PossumFan on November 21, 2017, 08:26:59 pm
An even better graduation rate, team GPA, and good citizenship all around.
So you believe the "student athlete" myth?

Grunt

Quote from: Quickdraw on November 21, 2017, 08:49:12 pm
A team that has swagger believing they can beat anyone and playing with a serious attitude....
Quote from: swineology on November 21, 2017, 08:53:33 pm
When have we had that?

Asking for a friend
1964, 1969, 1975, 1977, 1982 to name a few.

The one change I want is for the Hogs to play with fire for as long is there is game left to be played.  That one change will add 2 and sometimes 3 wins more per season.  But more important, every team who faces us will not be comfortable that they will win and will leave bruised up, give out and respecting us instead of laughing at us.

Much like when Nutt was the HC, right now our only advantage against any team is them taking us too lightly because we are so terrible.  Basically we need a team to out PUD PULL us for us to win.

Athog

The fans like to unify as much as they like to ear down!!

Hogindasticks

To be honest, I personally think that if Gus does take the job....that his pride in Arkansas runs deep....He has something to prove to Arkansas.  I think the man will try to kill himself to do it.    Because if he comes from Auburn to Arkansas.....the pride is there.  If he doesn't  you will know its not about what it should be about in the move and I would never look at him again for the job.

JMO

Hugo Bezdek

I think we've got to be a program built around the talent available to us. That means we need to get the bulk of our talent out of Arkansas, Texas, and Louisiana along with what we can get out of Memphis, Tulsa, KC and St. Louis. Our coaching staff needs to have ties to those areas. We don't need another coach with dreams of recruiting FL-GA-AL. Our return on investment is just not high enough. We're not getting enough of those kids to cross the Mississippi. We need to run a spread offense because that's what the bulk of the high schools in our natural recruiting areas run. And if we can't load up on Defensive Linemen that dominate the line of scrimmage we need to run an attacking defense designed to keep the other guys off balance.

farmhawg

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on November 22, 2017, 02:35:48 am
I hope that all of the people who called Jeff Long a carpetbagger get exactly whom they wish for AD and head coach and I hope they both fail miserably.  I will be cheering for the Hogs to lose every game.  That would be so sweet.  Can't wait to see the losses pile up.  My favorite team is going to be OU and whoever is playing Arkansas.
There is a true fan, wonder who he is a fan of?
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Al Boarland

It's not the restaurant. It when the families see how long it will take them to go see their kid play. It's passing by states with universities that have a richer tradition on the way for a visit. It's not the Catfish Hole.