Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

John L same record as CBB...

Started by twistitup, November 19, 2017, 07:01:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

The only goal CBB has left is to try and beat John L's record...unbelievable at year 5 he is struggling to get more wins than Smiley
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

havok

How Pathetic is the Big10?

One only has to know that Bielema won multiple conference championships and John L Smith was a coach of the year in that conference. Horrible coaches evidently can be on top there..

emdavenp

The Big 10 is top to bottom one of the stronger conferences this season, imo. It pains me to say it. Definitely not 5 seasons ago.

Bebop

Quote from: emdavenp on November 19, 2017, 07:26:30 am
The Big 10 is top to bottom one of the stronger conferences this season, imo. It pains me to say it. Definitely not 5 seasons ago.r

Which shows even more how horrible Bielema is as a coach.

3kgthog

If you're the B1G and one of your division leaders has a 31 pt loss to 6-5 Iowa, your conference isn't that great. Of course the same could be said about UGA, but at least Auburn has a legit shot at the playoff if they beat Bama.

The NewEra

In yesterday's press conference the best Bielema could do to justify his lifeless performance at Arkansas is to blame injuries and the strength of the SEC.

Five years ago he wanted the challenge of competing in the SEC.  Today he blames the challenge of playing in the SEC for his inability to compete.

At the first of this year when asked about his projection of this years team he said it doesn't matter where you start off, it's where you end up.  That they are a data driven program and the numbers at the end of the year are what tell you where you are and where you're headed.  Right now he's choking on his own words.  After five years you can't continue to deflect criticism and hide from your own words.

JOKERHOG

Quote from: twistitup on November 19, 2017, 07:01:54 am
The only goal CBB has left is to try and beat John L's record...unbelievable at year 5 he is struggling to get more wins than Smiley

I was banned on HV for saying that JLS would have won more games than BB had he been retained.  I believed it then and I believe it now.  JLS>BB
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

sickboy

Quote from: havok on November 19, 2017, 07:24:32 am
How Pathetic is the Big10?

One only has to know that Bielema won multiple conference championships and John L Smith was a coach of the year in that conference. Horrible coaches evidently can be on top there..

Yeah, but Bielema hasn't been in the Big 10 in five years. So, I think you're making a comment about how bad that conference was six years ago. Not today.

HogBreath

Quote from: twistitup on November 19, 2017, 07:01:54 am
Being as fair and objective as possible, I'm gonna have to give Coach Smith a slight edge over Coach Bielema.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

East Clintwood

Quote from: JOKERHOG on November 19, 2017, 10:38:55 am
I was banned on HV for saying that JLS would have won more games than BB had he been retained.  I believed it then and I believe it now.  JLS>BB

No doubt about it.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

cjack

Ridiculous how Johnelle was laughed out of the state but Bielema is still being defended (somewhere).  Bielema will go down as the most incompetent coach we've ever had and a 5 year extension of the Johnelle debacle.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

John L had a reasonable excuse.  His mental state when hired:  Just come in, keep your hands off the steering wheel, do not make any decisions, just be there, be seen, keep your mouth shut and be along for the ride.  We Good, we got coaches to keep us good, don't frick it up.

John L was totally doing his job and then the QB got hurt, the assistants couldn't do as believed without strong leadership.  And John L had to go to work.  He couldn't even remember who he worked for when under pressure.  The man went from totally asleep to front and center and that was a job he never hired in for.  From his compensation to everything he was taught until game 2 or 3, he knew his position but when the crap hit the fan, he tried but had nothing because he was totally unprepared.  John L was/is a better coach than Bret.  At least he could put a decent special team on the field.

rzrbackramsfan

JLS had more petrino talent so that's an advantage for him.

twistitup

John L would have saved us tons of money and our program would have been in a similar place...sad but true.

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....