Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

On a positive note

Started by BaconAteHer, November 18, 2017, 04:34:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BaconAteHer

I was thinking about it earlier today and realized that 5 out of the last 8 years (possibly 6 out of the last 9 depending on what happens this year) the winner of the Hogs-Tide game has gone on to play for a national championship. That's saying something..

jgphillips3

_Hamlet_

I wouldn't say that is positive considering we have lost nearly all of those.

Pigdiana Jones

I could be wrong, but Arkansas hasn't beat Bama in at least 10 years.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

bjeffersonhog

Last time we beat bama I believe Mustain was the starting QB.  Which means we haven't beaten bama since malzahn.

Martygit

Quote from: BaconAteHer on November 18, 2017, 04:34:32 pm
I was thinking about it earlier today and realized that 5 out of the last 8 years (possibly 6 out of the last 9 depending on what happens this year) the winner of the Hogs-Tide game has gone on to play for a national championship. That's saying something..

My father used to say something like that - he always said that if you get beat by someone you need to pull for that team to win the national championship - that way you could say that you got beat by the national champion - of course, Arkansas' record wasn't quite the same back then  :'(
RIP OTR, REV

searkhogfan

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

grayhawg

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on November 18, 2017, 06:10:09 pm
Last time we beat bama I believe Mustain was the starting QB.  Which means we haven't beaten bama since malzahn.
Or the arrival Saban

HogPharmer

Quote from: _Hamlet_ on November 18, 2017, 06:00:40 pm

Wow
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: BaconAteHer on November 18, 2017, 04:34:32 pm

LOL

hawg1221

I think I'm going to steal this from you. Very clever. I like it a lot.

Broadway Rob

Quote from: _Hamlet_ on November 18, 2017, 06:00:40 pm

Went right over your head there, didn't it.
Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.