Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Utah 77 Mizzou 59

Started by The_Iceman, November 17, 2017, 09:20:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Michael Porter did not play again, but Mizzou sure did struggle even with all their talent against Utah.

Also, South Carolina lost to Illinois State (SC will be bad this year). However, LSU and Florida looked impressive.

MountieDawg

Its November.... They have looked very impressive in their other games....
SEC!

Hawg Red

I've see more than a few people act like Utah is some lowly program. I realize they only went to the NIT last season but there danced the previous two seasons (including a S16 appearance). Utah is a better program than Missouri and that isn't an insult to Missouri.

Fan701

Without Porter they are just a mediocre team. Think how we'd look if Macon or Barford got hurt.

FineAsSwine

Maybe this will keep Mizzouman quiet for a while at least.
Hogs up! Covid down!

niels_boar

Wyatt Walker didn't play against LSU.  Samford still scored over 1.2 points per possession against LSU, as opposed to 0.74 ppp against us.  LSU still isn't defending anybody yet.  No D at all was their problem last year. That game might have been competitive with Walker on the court.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on November 17, 2017, 09:26:14 am
I've see more than a few people act like Utah is some lowly program. I realize they only went to the NIT last season but there danced the previous two seasons (including a S16 appearance). Utah is a better program than Missouri and that isn't an insult to Missouri.

Kuzma was their best player last season and without him they were pretty vanilla.

I think the altitude was probably a big factor in this game. But truthfully, Missouri had played 2 dogs before this game.

rwspear

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 17, 2017, 10:45:20 am
Maybe this will keep Mizzouman quiet for a while at least.

we can only hope.

of course hes no where to be found.

utah lol

hawgball40

mizzouman really isn't that cocky. i think he was just anxious to have something to brag about really. He's suffered through many years of bad basketball since MA left.

rwspear

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 17, 2017, 01:46:48 pm
mizzouman really isn't that cocky. i think he was just anxious to have something to brag about really. He's suffered through many years of bad basketball since MA left.

heres a tiny violin

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: ShadowHawg on November 17, 2017, 01:01:47 pm
Kuzma was their best player last season and without him they were pretty vanilla.

I think the altitude was probably a big factor in this game. But truthfully, Missouri had played 2 dogs before this game.

They got a little too excited after Ia St. 

bigred223

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on November 17, 2017, 02:48:35 pm
They got a little too excited after Ia St.

Yep, Iowa St just got crushed by Milwaukee haha

mhuff

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 17, 2017, 01:46:48 pm

Porter injury and prospects

hawgball40

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: bigred223 on November 17, 2017, 03:19:28 pm
Yep, Iowa St just got crushed by Milwaukee haha

And then just squeaked one out against App. State. 101-98 I believe. 

HF#1

Who is Mizzou's coach again?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

mizzouman

Started the game like 1-12.  Not a good shooting night.  But Utah is tough at home, they don't lose much. 

Going to take some time with this group but they are talented.  Tilmon only played like 6 or 7 minutes, MPJ didn't play at all.  Need everyone healthy. 

But, no excuses.  Got beat by a better team last night.  You just play with who you have.

rzrbackramsfan