Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bo's show

Started by DoubleReedHawgCaller, November 14, 2017, 02:30:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SemperFi

Every team suffers injuries. TAMU started a freshmen QB due to injury; South Carolina had several injuries to their OL. Did our injury bug play a role in our defenses inability to stop Coastal Carolina despite them starting 4 freshmen and 1 sophomore on their OL? Bret needs to go.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

SPAL

Quote from: #1Fan on November 14, 2017, 03:17:42 pm
Every team deals with injuries.  Every. Team.  The good teams deal with it.  The bad teams use it as an excuse.

We aren't good or bad. We are terrible. Our coaching staff can't make adjustments at half time, let alone adjust for injuries.

hawgon

Quote from: SemperFi on November 14, 2017, 03:22:47 pm
Every team suffers injuries. TAMU started a freshmen QB due to injury; South Carolina had several injuries to their OL. Did our injury bug play a role in our defenses inability to stop Coastal Carolina despite them starting 4 freshmen and 1 sophomore on their OL? Bret needs to go.

Don't forget that we injured Coastal's starting QB and put him out of the game early.

#1Fan

Quote from: hawgon on November 14, 2017, 03:24:45 pm
Don't forget that we injured Coastal's starting QB and put him out of the game early.
And Ole Miss lost their staring quarterback the week before we played them.

MushroomCloudHog

There are 2 types of people.  There are people that produce reasons and people that produce results.  It doesn't take a genius to figure out which one Bert is.

ricepig

Quote from: Rustyhog on November 14, 2017, 03:10:23 pm
Well, when someone goes down with an injury, it should be NEXT MAN UP! Oh wait... there isn't anyone? ???

Big Bama supporter I see at breakfast in the mornings has already conceded to Auburn, he says injuries to their LB group has killed any chance they had at winning. I told him Nick will just plug in another 4-5*, he said they have the 4-5*, but they haven't played. Now just take 2* away, and we have the same problem.

jgphillips3

If it were not for Austin Allen's injury and Chase Hayden's injuries, we would be 2-8 right now so he is correct. ;)

JaketheSnake

Quote from: hawgon on November 14, 2017, 03:00:45 pm
No, you're just wrong.  Injuries have played absolutely NO part in the win/loss total this year.
Try being more logical... does having the SEC rushing leader from last year maybe help our running game?  If we average 1 yard per carry more, does that put our offense in a better position?

You feel free to throw out the possibilities that TCU had to make it worse, but fail to recognize some of the issues Arkansas had that could have made it better.

Fire BB, acknowledge the truth of the situation.

Mellon Collie

Quote from: rhames on November 14, 2017, 02:34:09 pm
He is right. It's crazy to say injuries have had no effect on this season

I want a change but to say the injury bug hasn't had a huge effect isn't looking at the situation objectively.

Bo is off the Bret train.

Every team has injuries.  Every. Team.

The_Iceman

Play the whole season with a healthy...

QB: Austin Allen
RB: Rawleigh Williams
RB: Chase Hayden
WR: Jared Cornelius
WR: Brandon Martin (injured early and set him back)
OL: Frank Ragnow
DB: Ryan Pulley

Some of those players were healthy early when we were losing anyways, but not having a healthy Williams, Cornelius, Pulley, and even Martin really hurt us.

However,  that is not enough of an excuse to save Bret's job. He needs to go.

Youngsta71701

I want a change but to say the injury bug hasn't had a huge effect isn't looking at the situation objectively.

EVERY team has major injuries EVERY year. No excuses. Get Er done...
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

hogfooey

Memphis has had a bunch of injuries this year.  They seem to be doing ok....just saying 8)
If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

rhames

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 14, 2017, 03:43:52 pm
EVERY team has major injuries EVERY year. No excuses. Get Er done...

Really? Name one team that recruits on Arkansas's level that has had the same amount of injuries to key players and having a good season.

No one is saying it's the number one reason we suck, but it is a reason.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Razorbackers

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 14, 2017, 03:15:44 pm
How was the Texas Tech loss one that could have easily gone the other way?  Mahomes played an extremely conservative game but gashed our defense any time he wanted.  If I recall correctly they also ran out the clock deep in our territory at the end of the game, or at least ran up the middle on four straight plays to take time off the clock.  Wasn't the score something like 35-24?  I was in the stands for that game and the outcome wasn't a fluke, nor was it in doubt.

We probably should have lost to Louisiana Tech as well.

I also sat through the rainy Alabama game with a lot of you.  Their QB played the worst game of his career and as I recall they fumbled numerous times, including a couple of punts.  They played as sloppy a game as a Saban team has ever played.  Could we have won?  Yes.  Could we have just as easily lost by three TDs?  Yes.

Ok bro, so the 11 point loss to TTU, in which it was 28-24 TTU in the third, in which we fumbled and missed a field goal in the 4th, was "never in doubt", but the ONE POINT LOSS to Alabama was a game we "could have lost by three tds".

Bro. Seriously. I'm not being hyperbolic in any of my statements. Both of those games can, without much of a stretch, fall into the "could have won" category from my post.

Razorbackers

Quote from: hawgon on November 14, 2017, 03:14:15 pm
Listen, are you old enough to remember the 2000 Cotton Bowl?  OU beat us 10-3 and if they had spotted the ball on the OU ten yard line and given us unlimited downs for the fourth quarter, we would not have won or even tied that game.  Anyone there can tell you that my statement may be a little hyperbolic, but not by much.  The TCU game was much the same way.  We were out of it even though we're werr only down seven.  There was no way we were going to score enough to win it.

You're definitely being hyperbolic by saying a 7 point win was never in doubt for the victors. That is unabashed hyperbolicism.

bphi11ips

Quote from: hawgon on November 14, 2017, 02:36:11 pm
Have we been losing close hard fought games where a player here or there would make a difference?  Or have we been getting our doors blown off? 

Injuries have made absolutely NO difference in our win/loss total.

You don't think a healthy Rawleigh Williams and Ryan Pulley would have made a difference against TCU?  That game could have gone either way in the fourth quarter.  A&M went to OT without them. Had we won both we would have gone in to SC differently. 

No way were we beating Alabama, Auburn or LSU, but the loss of Williams, Pulley, Cornelius, Ragnow, plus AA out for essentially half the season hurt.  If the Razorbacks had flipped TCU and A&M alone we'd be talking about which bowl we're going to when we finish 8-4.  Yes, there have also been blowouts and letdowns and a close win that should have never been close, but the slippery slope came early in the second half at SC.  That's when the team seemed to lose it mentally.  Injuries did hurt early.  To ignore that is just as unrealistic as blaming the entire season on them.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Razorbackers

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 14, 2017, 04:04:20 pm
You don't think a healthy Rawleigh Williams and Ryan Pulley would have made a difference against TCU?  That game could have gone either way in the fourth quarter.  A&M went to OT without them. Had we won both we would have gone in to SC differently. 

No way were we beating Alabama, Auburn or LSU, but the loss of Williams, Pulley, Cornelius, Ragnow, plus AA out for essentially half the season hurt.  If the Razorbacks had flipped TCU and A&M alone we'd be talking about which bowl we're going to when we finish 8-4.  Yes, there have also been blowouts and letdowns and a close win that should have never been close, but the slippery slope came early in the second half at SC.  That's when the team seemed to lose it mentally.  Injuries did hurt early.  To ignore that is just as unrealistic as blaming the entire season on them.

hogsanity

Again, Ask Jimbo Fisher if one injury can change the course of the season.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HogPharmer

Quote from: #1Fan on November 14, 2017, 03:17:42 pm
Every team deals with injuries.  Every. Team.  The good teams deal with it.  The bad teams use it as an excuse.

The good teams have another guy/multiple guys waiting to go in the game for any given position that is likely better than our first string starters.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Kevin

marcus allen, tony dorsett , jim brown could not run behind that line.  so rw3 retiring is not that big of a set back
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

EastexHawg

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 14, 2017, 03:56:21 pm
Ok bro, so the 11 point loss to TTU, in which it was 28-24 TTU in the third, in which we fumbled and missed a field goal in the 4th, was "never in doubt", but the ONE POINT LOSS to Alabama was a game we "could have lost by three tds".

Bro. Seriously. I'm not being hyperbolic in any of my statements. Both of those games can, without much of a stretch, fall into the "could have won" category from my post.

Gee, if we could petition the NCAA to only play three quarters Bielema could have even more moral victories than he has.

Oh...wait...Ole Miss (twice) and Coastal Carolina...

hawganatic

Not really understanding this thread.  One side saying we've sucked and have had injuries ( both statements of fact) The other side saying injuries played no part in the team being bad.  Both sides saying Bret needs to go.  Not sure why this argument is taking place since ya'll are essentially saying the same thing.

Razorbackers

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 14, 2017, 04:13:49 pm
Gee, if we could petition the NCAA to only play three quarters Bielema could have even more moral victories than he has.

Oh...wait...Ole Miss (twice) and Coastal Carolina...

What even are you talking about?

You have regressed into inserting popular jackwagon catchphrases like "moral victories" into a conversation about...not that. At all.

Your argument crumbled in the 4th like a Bret Bielema team.

hogsanity

Quote from: hawganatic on November 14, 2017, 04:13:56 pm
Not really understanding this thread.  One side saying we've sucked and have had injuries ( both statements of fact) The other side saying injuries played no part in the team being bad.  Both sides saying Bret needs to go.  Not sure why this argument is taking place since ya'll are essentially saying the same thing.

Because, for some, anything further than "Bret Sucks" is somehow making an excuse for keeping him. You could say " Bret Sucks and needs to be fired yesterday, but we have had a ton of injuries" and they would accuse you of trying to justify keeping BB.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 14, 2017, 04:15:49 pm
What even are you talking about?

You have regressed into inserting popular jackwagon catchphrases like "moral victories" into a conversation about...not that. At all.

Your argument crumbled in the 4th like a Bret Bielema team.

He probably saw a picture of Petrino and wet himself, distracting him from the conversation.

EastArkHog 47

We put up 58 points last year vs Miss State the OLine in that game was Froholtd, Ragnow, Skipper, Gibson and Brian Wallace. All back this year except Skipper and AA was getting beat up from the first game until he was injured. You think Skipper made that much difference or was it coaching?

Atlhogfan1

Injuries have had an effect.  Bielema has not caught many breaks this season. 

But it shouldn't save Bielema because he gave up his opportunity to have a season like this by choking away the Mizzou and VT games after the blowout in AU.  Finding a way to lose every A&M game when at least 3 wins was very possible.  Toledo, Texas Tech home losses.  Upsets happen.  Bad games happen.  Comebacks.  But you can't have every one of these happen in a short time and want a pass for a season like this.  If maybe one of those losses happen.  If he had beaten A&M a couple of times.  Not blown those games to end last season.  I might could see a legit fight.  Add on the nonsense with forcing Clary into the starting lineup.  Forcing Froholdt in last season.  Choosing the wrong PK. 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

The Hogfather

We need to figure out why about 300 of our guys have broken their feet during Bielema's time here.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: EastArkHog 47 on November 14, 2017, 04:25:23 pm
We put up 58 points last year vs Miss State the OLine in that game was Froholtd, Ragnow, Skipper, Gibson and Brian Wallace. All back this year except Skipper and AA was getting beat up from the first game until he was injured. You think Skipper made that much difference or was it coaching?

Our wr play has not been good.  We knew it was going to take a step back this season.  When Cornelius was lost it really hurt.  Allen threw for 303 yards vs MSU last season.  Not one WR who caught a pass in that game will play for us this weekend.  RWIII went for 205 yards - gone too.  So it wasn't just Skipper.  Or losing Skipper and now Ragnow on top of it. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 14, 2017, 02:38:56 pm
Have the Arkansas injuries been any more significant than Alabama's injuries?

This is hilarious. Alabama's 2nd and 3rd teams would start at almost 100% of other schools.  Don't compare Arkansas with Alabama.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

DoubleReedHawgCaller

And injuries blew huge leads against Missouri and va tech last year too. What's those famous words he's used in the past?? Oh yea I remember now "We're going to embrace it."
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

ricepig

Quote from: Kevin on November 14, 2017, 04:13:10 pm
marcus allen, tony dorsett , jim brown could not run behind that line.  so rw3 retiring is not that big of a set back

He ran behind 4 of them last year.....

rude1

Looking at the injuries is nothing more than looking for an excuse, this didn't start this season, this is an extension of what we have seen in this whole era of Bret. What was the excuse for the collapse at the end of last season, was the ole injury bug biting us then?

dmaxfan

For some reason it seems injuries are an excuse every year. What is the excuse for lack of coaching and motivation? What is the excuse for the toledo loss? Piss on him.
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

Nouston Hutt

Mississippi State has injuries.....look at there receiving core. And yet they gave Alabama all they wanted and gonna beat the hell out of us Saturday. If you looking for an excuse you can always find one. All coaches deal with injuries, this football y'all.

ipigsooie

It's time for a change. Injuries or not. You don't look at what could have been for a season when his past record here is as bad as it is. Injuries have played a part in the lack of success this year. How much? Who knows and who cares? We need to win. We needed some sort of life. We needed to not get embarrassed week in and week out. I'm done with this system, I'm don't with this mentality and I want a fresh start. I want football that is fun and brings excitement.  I am ready to see progress and a team that has life and puts it all out on the field. I'm ready for a coach that plays the best players and not "his guys."  It's just to that point. We need a change now.

elksnort

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 14, 2017, 03:11:51 pm
I don't care what our injury or depth situation is , we should never have almost lost to Coastal Carolina. Our 3rd stringers should have been able to throttle them. We have a bad coaching problem.
THIS^^^^^^^

There is no doubt that injuries lessen the depth and thereby make victory that much more difficult. But there are too many issues with the team that don't have anything to do with injuries. So yes, I am straddling the fence on this issue.

atom hog

I didn't realize injuries caused defensive players to be chronically out of position, offensive linemen to get thrown around like ragdolls, our QBs to miss open receivers and our entire team to be unprepared and undisciplined for every game. WHO KNEW?

MountieDawg

Yes, but TAMU has lots players, Auburn has lost players, Ole Miss has lost players, Bama has lost 2 deep of linebackers and more... Bert has recruited no depth... Name the game that was close enough to make a difference if all players were healthy.  Maybe TAMU but they just lost their starting QB the week before and we were pretty healthy at the time.
SEC!

sowmonella

No, you're just wrong.  Injuries have played absolutely NO part in the win/loss total this year.

I'm sorry but now your just being stupid...er.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

hobhog

Insanity to not think you can lose top QB, two top RBs, top WR, top center, top corner and not be affected. If you had heard that was coming last year you'd have gone screaming into the woods.

It may not be totally why we are losing, but good grief. If the same thing happens next year what do you think our record will be?

Just letting your anger at Bret make you look silly.

HotlantaHog

Ohio State won the national championship one year with a third string QB. And QB is the most important position on the team. Every team has some injuries, some years more than others. You deal with them and make the best of it.

buldozer

There is no such thing a an "Injury Bug". The things that cause injuries in one program to exceed that of other similar programs are:

Nutrition
Workout routine
equipment

Why have the razorbacks had dozens of broken feet and lower leg injuries on CBB's watch above and beyond past razorback programs? It sure isn't a bug. It's how the program is designed, equipment used or personnel carrying out the program. Period.

The injuries like everything else wrong with the program are directly the result of CBB. If it's on his watch, he has to own it.

hawgon

Quote from: hobhog on November 14, 2017, 05:30:06 pm
Insanity to not think you can lose top QB, two top RBs, top WR, top center, top corner and not be affected. If you had heard that was coming last year you'd have gone screaming into the woods.

It may not be totally why we are losing, but good grief. If the same thing happens next year what do you think our record will be?

Just letting your anger at Bret make you look silly.

Pick a game where injury was a key factor.

FATHAWG08

Quote from: rhames on November 14, 2017, 03:08:33 pm
"People who are afraid to acknowledge the injuries are afraid if they do it will become an excuse. The fact is if you do acknowledge them, it doesn't mean you believe arkansas is where they need to be"

What Bo just said. He is right and this thread is an example.
Injuries are the reason players such as Hammonds, Gragg,O'Grady,Wallace and Patton were able to get on the field this year.

I love off season Football!!

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: kodiakisland on November 14, 2017, 02:39:28 pm
Injuries dont explain why we started the season with a walk on true freshman who wasn't even here in the spring on the O line who obviously wasnt ready to start.
Doesn't explain losing 56-3 or losing to Mizzouri or losing the way we did to Va Tech.

WaltonCollege

Quote from: The NewEra on November 14, 2017, 03:07:56 pm
I'm a dreamer that hopes some day a coach will come in here and win enough that he can recruit to a level that depth is not a continuing problem.  That's just the dreamer in me though.

I wake up hoping for this fallacy daily, sometimes it's fun living in make believe land.

carolinahogger

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 14, 2017, 02:52:22 pm
It was 14-7 in the fourth quarter.

You don't have to ignore facts to make Bret look bad. Jeez.

It was 0-0 at the start, and 28-7 at the end.  Go ahead and pretend that the 4th quarter doesn't really count.

Razorback7

Never really liked Bo's show. Was better when Chuck was there. Bo's voice comes off as someone who thinks his ideas are the best ideas and nothing else matters.

Problems for this team this year. OFFENSIVE LINE PLAY, Injuries, lack of depth, poor decisions on player placement, conditioning??? maybe, play calling questionable (I do not like Enos see wiki about records), Defense giving up too damn many big plays, LACK OF HEART, give up in 4th quarter..... add the rest that you all have seen.

dmaxfan

Everyone forgets to call into question Bret's coaching philosophy. It's basically "fake it til you make it". He's a used car salesman that tells people what they want to hear. Everyone believed him, including me, the first few seasons. Now, he constantly pushes blame everywhere but where it lies. Him. His L.O.F.T.
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.