Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bo's show

Started by DoubleReedHawgCaller, November 14, 2017, 02:30:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Can someone get a towel and run over there and wipe his chin??...
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

rhames

He is right. It's crazy to say injuries have had no effect on this season

I want a change but to say the injury bug hasn't had a huge effect isn't looking at the situation objectively.

Bo is off the Bret train.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

hawgon

Have we been losing close hard fought games where a player here or there would make a difference?  Or have we been getting our doors blown off? 

Injuries have made absolutely NO difference in our win/loss total.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: rhames on November 14, 2017, 02:34:09 pm

I want a change but to say the injury bug hasn't had a huge effect isn't looking at the situation objectively.

Have the Arkansas injuries been any more significant than Alabama's injuries?

kodiakisland

Injuries dont explain why we started the season with a walk on true freshman who wasn't even here in the spring on the O line who obviously wasnt ready to start.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Wooderson

Quote from: hawgon on November 14, 2017, 02:36:11 pm
Have we been losing close hard fought games where a player here or there would make a difference?  Or have we been getting our doors blown off? 

Thank you so much.  If the games had been close, tough battles I would completely understand the injury impact.  We have not been competitive most games and even during some games that we won.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

Sed76

It's year freaking 5. At this point he has had enough time to build quality depth. Besides, we are hit with the injury bug every year.

Pork Ranger

There's so many things wrong with this team and injuries is just one of them. Healthier we may have snagged one more W.

rhames

There is no way any one can say that for a fact.

With that said, it's time to move on.

His point was those ideas aren't  mutually exclusive.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

Grizzlyfan

Are injuries responsible for nearly losing to one of the worst football teams in the country?

hawgon

Quote from: rhames on November 14, 2017, 02:40:40 pm

There is no way any one can say that for a fact.

With that said, it's time to move on.

His point was those ideas aren't  mutually exclusive.

No, I can say it for a fact.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

So injuries had AA running for his life and the whole team looking like they couldn't spell the word football much less know how to play the game coming straight out the gate against FAM?
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

rhames

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 14, 2017, 02:41:40 pm
Are injuries responsible for nearly losing to one of the worst football teams in the country?

Again, the idea of Bret sucking as a coach and injury playing a part of a crappy season can be be true.

That was his point.

hawgon

Quote from: rhames on November 14, 2017, 02:44:21 pm

Again, the idea of Bret sucking as a coach and injury playing a part of a crappy season can be be true.

That was his point.

It's a stupid point.  Bert's suckitude makes the injuries irrelevant.  We were bad before, we are bad now, and we'll continue to be bad as long as is here.

rhames

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on November 14, 2017, 02:42:24 pm
So injuries had AA running for his life and the whole team looking like they couldn't spell the word football much less know how to play the game coming straight out the gate against FAM?

Who knows what would happen if we had Williams. If Pulley didn't get hurt. His point was to just write off injuries as if they were nothing isn't objective

You took it as he was sucking up to Bret. He wasn't. I understand your comprehension of basic dialogue may be retarded because you want to get rid of Bret but you missed his point. You can disagree with him, but at least understand his argument.

Razorbackers

Quote from: hawgon on November 14, 2017, 02:46:55 pm
It's a stupid point.  Bert's suckitude makes the injuries irrelevant.  We were bad before, we are bad now, and we'll continue to be bad as long as is here.

But when we were healthy we played really close with TAMU and TCU. Had we stayed healthy, we might not be as bad right now, is I think the point Bo was probably trying to make. I didn't listen to the show.

It's not a stupid point. It doesn't change where we are now. Bret is fired. It doesn't mean his last season wasn't full of injuries to key players.

hawgon

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 14, 2017, 02:48:37 pm
But when we were healthy we played really close with TAMU and TCU. Had we stayed healthy, we might not be as bad right now, is I think the point Bo was probably trying to make. I didn't listen to the show.

It's not a stupid point. It doesn't change where we are now. Bret is fired. It doesn't mean his last season wasn't full of injuries to key players.

We did not play close to TCU.  We were never a threat to win that game, they just made a lot of unforced errors to keep the score closer than it was.  A&M is and was a bad football team where their coach will also be fired at season's end.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on November 14, 2017, 02:38:56 pm
Have the Arkansas injuries been any more significant than Alabama's injuries?

When an Arkansas player is injured, he may be the only player in that position that is D1 SEC calibre ...

When an Alabama player is injured, there are 3 more elite level players in his position waiting to step up - maybe not with the same level of experience as the one injured, but with a coaching staff competent enough to make the replacement effective.

Razorbackers

Quote from: hawgon on November 14, 2017, 02:50:29 pm
We did not play close to TCU.  We were never a threat to win that game

It was 14-7 in the fourth quarter.

You don't have to ignore facts to make Bret look bad. Jeez.

OtterHog

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 14, 2017, 02:52:22 pm

I think the fact that we quit at the end is what makes people feel otherwise.

Just like how we've quit in the 4th quarter a half dozen other times under Bret while he stands there with that look on his face.

hawgon

Yeah, those injuries really kept the kicking situation in doubt for that TCU game there didn't they?  Too bad that Connor Limpert was injured, forcing Bert to run Cole Hedlund out there.

lasthog

Quote from: kodiakisland on November 14, 2017, 02:39:28 pm
Injuries dont explain why we started the season with a walk on true freshman who wasn't even here in the spring on the O line who obviously wasnt ready to start.

And as I recall, he was informed privately about two weeks prior to the season that he was starting.

Does he have a GLM or something?

grayhawg

Bret's teams have a habit of collapsing in the second half.

hawgon

And it would have been 28-7 had not a wide open TCU receiver dropped a TD Pass and had they not fumbled a snap on the two.

rhames

Quote from: hawgon on November 14, 2017, 02:54:53 pm
Yeah, those injuries really kept the kicking situation in doubt for that TCU game there didn't they?  Too bad that Connor Limpedt was injured, forcing Bert to run Cole Hedlund out there.

Jared wasn't game ready because of an injury. When he was 2 weeks later he was a factor , until he got hurt and lost.

Bret sucks but we have been with out our best WR, best RB,  best QB at times and best CB.

It's hard for a team like arkansas to be successful in that situation  no matter who the coach is.

The NewEra

I agree with Bo that injuries have been a big issue this year.  What I disagree with is that it would have changed the outcome of any of the games.  Injuries do not explain the total lack of effort we've seen.  They don't explain the lack of fielding an offensive line.  They don't explain the strange choices around Hammonds, Grag, O'Grady and others.  They don't explain a defense totally throwing in the towel on more than one occasion.

Did injuries hurt this team, Yes!  Is there any reason to believe the melt down we've seen from this team since the Auburn game 2016 was caused by injuries?  I don't see it.

Razorbackers

Quote from: hawgon on November 14, 2017, 02:56:00 pm
And it would have been 28-7 had not a wide open TCU receiver dropped a TD Pass and had they not fumbled a snap on the two.

But was it?

That is such a bad argument. We should have lost several games while bret was here. We should have won several games while bret was here. Games are full of missed opportunities. Again, you don't have to be so negative about every little thing. We had a shot vs TCU, we blew it. We lost. Bret is going to be fired. Good god.

rhames

Quote from: grayhawg on November 14, 2017, 02:55:37 pm

You're not wrong there.

rhames

Quote from: The NewEra on November 14, 2017, 02:58:33 pm
I agree with Bo that injuries have been a big issue this year.  What I disagree with is that it would have changed the outcome of any of the games.  Injuries do not explain the total lack of effort we've seen.  They don't explain the lack of fielding an offensive line.  They don't explain the strange choices around Hammonds, Grag, O'Grady and others.  They don't explain a defense totally throwing in the towel on more than one occasion.

Did injuries hurt this team, Yes!  Is there any reason to believe the melt down we've seen from this team since the Auburn game 2016 was caused by injuries?  I don't see it.

Totally agree.

farmhawg

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on November 14, 2017, 02:42:24 pm
Yes, they would like you to believe that.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

hawgon

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 14, 2017, 02:58:48 pm
But was it?

That is such a bad argument. We should have lost several games while bret was here. We should have won several games while bret was here. Games are full of missed opportunities. Again, you don't have to be so negative about every little thing. We had a shot vs TCU, we blew it. We lost. Bret is going to be fired. Good god.

No, you're just wrong.  Injuries have played absolutely NO part in the win/loss total this year.

Razorbackers

Quote from: The NewEra on November 14, 2017, 02:58:33 pm

Exactly. The team is bad. They weren't great in the beginning when they had everyone. It's not incorrect to say injuries have been bad this season. It's not no incorrect to say that in year 5, depth shouldn't be such a major issue in most of those roles.

hogsanity

Ask Jimbo Fisher if one injury can change an entire season.

And no, injuries are not why the Hogs are 4-6, but they have been a part of it.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

rzrbkman

Quote from: hawgon on November 14, 2017, 02:50:29 pm
We did not play close to TCU.  We were never a threat to win that game, they just made a lot of unforced errors to keep the score closer than it was.  A&M is and was a bad football team where their coach will also be fired at season's end.

It was 14-7 with just over 2 minutes left in the game. TCU  scored and then recovered.Strwarts fumbled KO return and quickly scored again
It was indeed a very close game until the last 2 minutes of the game.

hogsanity

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 14, 2017, 03:00:49 pm
Exactly. The team is bad. They weren't great in the beginning when they had everyone. It's not incorrect to say injuries have been bad this season. It's not no incorrect to say that in year 5, depth shouldn't be such a major issue in most of those roles.

Quality depth has, is, and is always going to be an issue at Arkansas.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Razorbackers

Quote from: hawgon on November 14, 2017, 03:00:45 pm
No, you're just wrong.

I literally am not. It was 14-7 in the 4th. The Hogs have had several injuries to major starters. We've won several games we could/should have lost under Bret. Ole Miss miracles, OT vs TCU, Auburn 4 OT. We've also lost games that we should/could have won under Bret. Toledo, TTU, Alabama.

I've said nothing incorrect. Except maybe the use of the word "literally", but it's the internet, so...

Razorbackers

Quote from: hogsanity on November 14, 2017, 03:02:44 pm

Yep. He's not the first coach to have issues with it, won't be last. But at some point, that injury fallback doesn't hold water anymore. Especially when we were losing games before the big turn of injuries.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: hawgon on November 14, 2017, 02:56:00 pm

Not my argument, but having read this entire thread, I don't see where anyone is suggesting that the better team (TCU) didn't win; they did.  At the same time, regardless of HOW it happened, it's difficult to deny that we were "in the game" when we're getting the ball back, down only 7 points, with about 5 minutes left in the game.

But, we had a particularly poorly timed penalty that changed the 4th and long (punt) to a first down for TCU.  They then go on to score a TD and we fumble the ensuing kickoff.  Props to them for making the key plays down the stretch and winning a game they deserved to win.  But, again, it's just not correct to say we weren't right there in a close, winnable game with 5 minutes to go.

SPAL

Sure it has. I want a new coach as much as you do, but be objective.

holeinthewall

Quote from: grayhawg on November 14, 2017, 02:55:37 pm

With all his added weight I am surprised he doesn't collapse in the 2nd half. Or stroke out  Have a knee give out.  Some major sports injury lol

The NewEra

Quote from: hogsanity on November 14, 2017, 03:02:44 pm

I'm a dreamer that hopes some day a coach will come in here and win enough that he can recruit to a level that depth is not a continuing problem.  That's just the dreamer in me though.

rhames

"People who are afraid to acknowledge the injuries are afraid if they do it will become an excuse. The fact is if you do acknowledge them, it doesn't mean you believe arkansas is where they need to be"

What Bo just said. He is right and this thread is an example.

SPAL

Quote from: rhames on November 14, 2017, 02:48:14 pm
Who knows what would happen if we had Williams. If Pulley didn't get hurt. His point was to just write off injuries as if they were nothing isn't objective

You took it as he was sucking up to Bret. He wasn't. I understand your comprehension of basic dialogue may be retarded because you want to get rid of Bret but you missed his point. You can disagree with him, but at least understand his argument.

You're gonna get nowhere with this bunch. The hatred for the head coach has blinded what little objectivity they may have had.

Obviously, it's not the reason we are awful. But to pretend injuries have played zero role in it isn't being objective.

Rustyhog

Well, when someone goes down with an injury, it should be NEXT MAN UP! Oh wait... there isn't anyone? ???

The Hawg Marshal

I don't care what our injury or depth situation is , we should never have almost lost to Coastal Carolina. Our 3rd stringers should have been able to throttle them. We have a bad coaching problem.

Kevin

What quality wins did we have before all the injuries? 
Why was J red losing 12 pounds in a week.?  I think that was a contributing factor in his injury.

An effect yes, instead of being just bad, we are now terrible
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hawgon

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 14, 2017, 03:03:04 pm
I literally am not. It was 14-7 in the 4th. The Hogs have had several injuries to major starters. We've won several games we could/should have lost under Bret. Ole Miss miracles, OT vs TCU, Auburn 4 OT. We've also lost games that we should/could have won under Bret. Toledo, TTU, Alabama.

I've said nothing incorrect. Except maybe the use of the word "literally", but it's the internet, so...

Listen, are you old enough to remember the 2000 Cotton Bowl?  OU beat us 10-3 and if they had spotted the ball on the OU ten yard line and given us unlimited downs for the fourth quarter, we would not have won or even tied that game.  Anyone there can tell you that my statement may be a little hyperbolic, but not by much.  The TCU game was much the same way.  We were out of it even though we're werr only down seven.  There was no way we were going to score enough to win it.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 14, 2017, 03:03:04 pm
We've also lost games that we should/could have won under Bret. Toledo, TTU, Alabama.

How was the Texas Tech loss one that could have easily gone the other way?  Mahomes played an extremely conservative game but gashed our defense any time he wanted.  If I recall correctly they also ran out the clock deep in our territory at the end of the game, or at least ran up the middle on four straight plays to take time off the clock.  Wasn't the score something like 35-24?  I was in the stands for that game and the outcome wasn't a fluke, nor was it in doubt.

We probably should have lost to Louisiana Tech as well.

I also sat through the rainy Alabama game with a lot of you.  Their QB played the worst game of his career and as I recall they fumbled numerous times, including a couple of punts.  They played as sloppy a game as a Saban team has ever played.  Could we have won?  Yes.  Could we have just as easily lost by three TDs?  Yes.

longpig

Quote from: hawgon on November 14, 2017, 02:46:55 pm
It’s a stupid point.  Bert’s suckitude makes the injuries irrelevant.  We were bad before, we are bad now, and we’ll continue to be bad as long as is here.

Seeing how unprepared we were against the Christian frogs had me thinking who got injured, got benched, quit.......just didn't matter at all far as Ws and Ls go. Sucks for the players, I hope they get done right by the next HC.
Don't be scared, be smart.

#1Fan

Every team deals with injuries.  Every. Team.  The good teams deal with it.  The bad teams use it as an excuse.