Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bo's show

Started by DoubleReedHawgCaller, November 14, 2017, 02:30:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwastherein1969

An old saying applies to this thread and the injury problems and the blah blah blah of bad luck...."Winners count their money and LOSERS say Deal Damnit, Deal"
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

GoldCoastHog

We have not been competitive , and have been blown out in four out of six conference games.

We are 4-8 in our last twelve starts, dating back to Mizzou. Our only wins have come in three rent a wins, and an Ole Miss program under sanctions and with an interim coach!

Kevin

Quote from: ricepig on November 14, 2017, 04:41:11 pm
He ran behind 4 of them last year.....

they were worse this year, because the coach wanted to monkey with the line up right before the season started
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Lady Razorback

Quote from: buldozer on November 14, 2017, 05:31:52 pm
There is no such thing a an "Injury Bug". The things that cause injuries in one program to exceed that of other similar programs are:

Nutrition
Workout routine
equipment

Why have the razorbacks had dozens of broken feet and lower leg injuries on CBB's watch above and beyond past razorback programs? It sure isn't a bug. It's how the program is designed, equipment used or personnel carrying out the program. Period.

The injuries like everything else wrong with the program are directly the result of CBB. If it's on his watch, he has to own it.

Good post.  I have been wondering about what factors contribute to the frequency and severity of injuries. 

rhames

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on November 14, 2017, 05:48:04 pm
Injuries are the reason players such as Hammonds, Gragg,O'Grady,Wallace and Patton were able to get on the field this year.

Again, Bert sucking and us having key injuries can both be true.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

rhames

Quote from: buldozer on November 14, 2017, 05:31:52 pm
There is no such thing a an "Injury Bug". The things that cause injuries in one program to exceed that of other similar programs are:

Nutrition
Workout routine
equipment

Why have the razorbacks had dozens of broken feet and lower leg injuries on CBB's watch above and beyond past razorback programs? It sure isn't a bug. It's how the program is designed, equipment used or personnel carrying out the program. Period.

The injuries like everything else wrong with the program are directly the result of CBB. If it's on his watch, he has to own it.

Can you point to some actual science to prove your point? I mean that honestly.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

rhames

Quote from: hawganatic on November 14, 2017, 04:13:56 pm
Not really understanding this thread.  One side saying we've sucked and have had injuries ( both statements of fact) The other side saying injuries played no part in the team being bad.  Both sides saying Bret needs to go.  Not sure why this argument is taking place since ya'll are essentially saying the same thing.

Hogville summed up. Lol

King Kong

Injuries happen. Coaches like Petrino overcome injuries to Kniles Davis or Greg Childs

EastexHawg

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 14, 2017, 04:15:49 pm
What even are you talking about?

You have regressed into inserting popular jackwagon catchphrases like "moral victories" into a conversation about...not that. At all.

Your argument crumbled in the 4th like a Bret Bielema team.

Who keeps mentioning scores from the 3rd quarter against Texas Tech and how close a 3 TD loss to TCU really was?

EastexHawg

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 14, 2017, 04:11:17 pm
The good teams have another guy/multiple guys waiting to go in the game for any given position that is likely better than our first string starters.

Sort of like when our Heisman contender, Knile Davis, was lost for the year right before the 2011 season kicked off.

AirWarren

hoglady

The season trajectory was pretty well set before the injuries to AA and Ragnow.

The injury excuse certainly can't be used for the abysmal Oline we're putting on the field. It wasn't any better with Ragnow playing.

So we're basically talking about Raleigh Williams, Pulley and Cornelius. Every team has running backs injured in the SEC - we've lost running backs before and it's always been next man up. You had better have quality back ups to survive in this league.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 14, 2017, 03:03:04 pm
I literally am not. It was 14-7 in the 4th. The Hogs have had several injuries to major starters. We've won several games we could/should have lost under Bret. Ole Miss miracles, OT vs TCU, Auburn 4 OT. We've also lost games that we should/could have won under Bret. Toledo, TTU, Alabama.

I've said nothing incorrect. Except maybe the use of the word "literally", but it's the internet, so...

Before the Ole Miss game this year we were 0-18 when trailing at half, 0 and freaking 18!!!

That's not injuries dude, that's crappy coaching.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Kevin on November 14, 2017, 04:13:10 pm
marcus allen, tony dorsett , jim brown could not run behind that line.  so rw3 retiring is not that big of a set back

Yea and you can't count Austin Allen bc if your line allows you to get hit like that, of course something is going happen.

And as many and as key as the injuries have been, they haven't all been at the same position.

So Cornelius goes down, our receiving core is shot?   We have a lot of talented pass catches, bo needs to settle down.

The Boar War

Quote from: hawgon on November 14, 2017, 02:56:00 pm
And it would have been 28-7 had not a wide open TCU receiver dropped a TD Pass and had they not fumbled a snap on the two.

Exactly.  We were not close in that game.  What's worse is that we did not look prepared.  Badly thrown passes, poorly run routes, horrible protection, infighting, defense not ready, missed reasonable field goals, special teams mistakes.

If you were Bielema you could lose to TCU at home.  They're a good team.  But you can't follow last years Missouri and VT games with poor effort.

hotdog hog

Quote from: hawgon on November 14, 2017, 02:50:29 pm
We did not play close to TCU.  We were never a threat to win that game, they just made a lot of unforced errors to keep the score closer than it was.  A&M is and was a bad football team where their coach will also be fired at season's end.
I want CBB gone but be realistic. Never a threat. Might rewatch the TD we scored but our receiver was out of bounds. Of course we folded like a cheap tent in the last two minutes but a break one way or the other, and we probably win this game.