Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Neb AD...,"Riley deserves to finish season"

Started by twistitup, November 14, 2017, 10:58:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

bkjbearcat

Depends, loose 50 to 7 against Miss St. Why have him coach against Missouri. Start your search.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

NuttinItUp

Atlhogfan1

Don't care.  The search has started anyway.  Only way this matters is if we wanted an unemployed coach like Les (because we aren't going to get Chip) and needed to jump on it.  Les is this decade's version of Fulmer.  No need to rush for that reason either. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

I believe Jeff thinks Bret should be here at least another year.  I believe we should tell Bret its over and he can coach the remaining games of the season if he wants to or he can stop today and get paid for the entire season. 

What do you believe he would do if that offer was made right now.

Tejano Jawg

Don't know what he deserves. But with 2 meaningless games left (and I hate saying that), it seems the smoother path is just riding it out. From here on, I'm concerned about our players' safety and, since we are on TV, trying to put up a good fight for at least 3 quarters. This minute, our coaching situation is way down the list for me, at least with what is put on the air. So let Bret finish it out, then everyone can re-group and start over.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

TNhawgfan

I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

ipigsooie

If our AD ever actually came out and said anything,  it would be pretty amazing.  If he came out and said that CBB isnt getting fired until the end of the season....even better. At least Nebraska fans have been assured that change is on the way. Its just a matter of time. I really wish our AD would say anything about it, but apparently it is beneath him to address us peons.

hobhog

Im okay with him saying goodbye to seniors on Senior Day. Search should be started regardless.

HoggieStyle

It can't be salvaged at this point, so who cares if he stays another two games?

Wildhog

If neither Florida nor Nebraska hire Frost, then we have to make it happen.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

okrazorback

Quote from: Wildhog on November 14, 2017, 11:49:25 am
If neither Florida nor Nebraska hire Frost, then we have to make it happen.
you mean Gus

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Sed76

Sure, if he so chooses. But come right out and say a change will be made like Tennessee had the stones to do.

The Hogfather

Quote from: bkjbearcat on November 14, 2017, 11:00:23 am
Depends, loose 50 to 7 against Miss St. Why have him coach against Missouri. Start your search.

We better let him lose if he does that.  No way we should loose that bad.

EastexHawg

Quote from: 12247 on November 14, 2017, 11:05:08 am
I believe Jeff thinks Bret should be here at least another year.

Hopefully it doesn't matter what Jeff thinks because he will follow Bielema out the door.  Better yet...lead him.

smb

GeorgiaHOG

jvanhorn

Poker_hog

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 14, 2017, 11:08:34 am
If our AD ever actually came out and said anything,  it would be pretty amazing.  If he came out and said that CBB isnt getting fired until the end of the season....even better. At least Nebraska fans have been assured that change is on the way. Its just a matter of time. I really wish our AD would say anything about it, but apparently it is beneath him to address us peons.

Maybe he's holding out hope that we get to 6 wins.  It's unlikely but not impossible.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt