Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

first article i've seen mentioning bielema as a candidate for another job.

Started by ballz2thewall, November 14, 2017, 07:36:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bob slydell

The comments suggest that the AD would get run out of town if he hired CBB.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

husker71

Nebraska will not hire Bret.  Nebraska program is in shambles right now and I think the world now sees that maybe the success at Wisconsin is more Alvarez than anything else.  Now if he wanted to come to Arkansas as AD (no reason to ever think he would) we should jump at that.  The 2 major money making sports at Wisconsin are both wicked successful.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ballz2thewall on November 14, 2017, 07:36:03 pm
https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/mike-riley-hot-seat-nebraska-coach-candidates

Bielema goes the talk show coach route for a year or two until he can regain credibility. If the Nebraska A.D. Bill Moos hired Bielema or McElwain on the heels of their performance, he would be crucified by the fans. Especially McElwain who had access to all of that Florida talent and couldn't get it done. JMO
Go Hogs Go!

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Jimbob111

Quote from: HeyHogs on November 14, 2017, 07:42:05 pm
CBB will win at Nebraska.

What gives anyone any indication of any kind in any manner that Bielema is or ever will be a winner? He has never coached independently until he came to Arkansas and despite having relatively similar recruiting rankings to previous coaches, he had failed at an abysmal level.

I've never understood the Bielema to Nebraska hype. No, he won't win there, unless their AD is an ex-coach who meets with CBB three to five times a week to tell him how to run the program and who hand picks his assistants.

Has no one thought to question WHY Alvarez didn't want to pay some of Bielema's assistants? Maybe because they weren't that good. Despite Bielema's assistants leaving, ostensibly because Alvarez didn't pay enough, Wisconsin's record stayed relatively even. So maybe the assistants leaving didn't have as much of an effect because Alvarez was leading things instead of Bielema, who can't lead and doesn't know how to manage assistant coaches.

From what I've seen since 2012, I don't believe there is a football program where Bielema could win because he is not a good coach. He's not a good CEO coach, he's not a good offensive coach, he's not a good defensive coach, he's not good at hiring assistant coaches, he's not good at evaluating talent, he's not good at game-planning, he's not good at half-time adjustments, etc.  Someone please tell me, other than igniting a fanbase's wrath, what has Bielema ever been good as at as an independent coach?
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

SquidBilly

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Jimbob111 on November 14, 2017, 07:56:00 pm
What gives anyone any indication of any kind in any manner that Bielema is or ever will be a winner? He has never coached independently until he came to Arkansas and despite having relatively similar recruiting rankings to previous coaches, he had failed at an abysmal level.

I've never understood the Bielema to Nebraska hype. No, he won't win there, unless their AD is an ex-coach who meets with CBB three to five times a week to tell him how to run the program and who hand picks his assistants.

Has no one thought to question WHY Alvarez didn't want to pay some of Bielema's assistants? Maybe because they weren't that good. Despite Bielema's assistants leaving, ostensibly because Alvarez didn't pay enough, Wisconsin's record stayed relatively even. So maybe the assistants leaving didn't have as much of an effect because Alvarez was leading things instead of Bielema, who can't lead and doesn't know how to manage assistant coaches.

From what I've seen since 2012, I don't believe there is a football program where Bielema could win because he is not a good coach. He's not a good CEO coach, he's not a good offensive coach, he's not a good defensive coach, he's not good at hiring assistant coaches, he's not good at evaluating talent, he's not good at game-planning, he's not good at half-time adjustments, etc.  Someone please tell me, other than igniting a fanbase's wrath, what has Bielema ever been good as at as an independent coach?

Bravado.  Talk.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ballz2thewall

speaking of mcelwain......

i've read a lot throughout the year on florida boards and other sites.

my sense is that mcelwain is a strange fellow. strange as in......weird communications and mannerisms; socially retarded. the boards are full of such observations from the trite and trivial to downright mystifying.

.....carry on....nothing to see here....
The rest of the frog.

ballz2thewall

james robert,

i agree with your assessment. he doesn't have it and it's been proven under our fouled noses.
The rest of the frog.

rude1

The fans would come after the AD with pitchforks, no way can you sell this colossal failure to any fan base that's in a P5 conference.

farmhawg

Quote from: rude1 on November 14, 2017, 08:09:14 pm
The fans would come after the AD with pitchforks, no way can you sell this colossal failure to any fan base that's in a P5 conference.
I was with a Nebraska fan today and suggested they take Brett. He immediately got pissed and started ranting about how bad Brett was.....I think they might run the ad off if that happened.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

snoot hoggy hog

SMH....sad bunch. Scared that CBB may go somewhere else and be successful. Can't have it both ways.

Ironhawg

Quote from: rude1 on November 14, 2017, 08:09:14 pm

And we have fans on here arguing for more time for Bielema at Arkansas.

rude1

Quote from: snoot hoggy hog on November 14, 2017, 08:38:50 pm
SMH....sad bunch. Scared that CBB may go somewhere else and be successful. Can't have it both ways.
LMAO,  Bert is done, those who love him so, should stay tuned to find out where they will need to move to stay in touch.

Freebrd

ipigsooie

Isn't Nebraska on the crap side of the big x? If so, he probably could win. He would be up against a losing team almost every week. He would probably win 8 or 9 a year if they schedule crappy non conference teams. I think he actually could win at Nebraska

Pigasaurus

Back in the mid nineties,  Nebraska perfected ground and pound football. That may be why BB is thought by some as a fit for Nebraska. That 94 Nebraska team may have been the best college team ever.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

ballz2thewall

Quote from: pigasaurus on November 14, 2017, 09:09:03 pm
Back in the mid nineties,  Nebraska perfected ground and pound football. That may be why BB is thought by some as a fit for Nebraska. That 94 Nebraska team may have been the best college team ever.

yep. they played it from there and backwards. tommie frazier, man......
The rest of the frog.

Tusks

You guys are funny again.  Think more maybe Central Florida or FAU for BB 'comeback'

Nebraska .... you guys are stoned.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Coach Obvious

Someone please tell me, other than igniting a fanbase's wrath, what has Bielema ever been good as at as an independent coach?

Salesmanship?