Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What happened to Ty Storey?

Started by copyhog, November 14, 2017, 08:48:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

copyhog

It looks like he wasn't even considered the 3rd string QB

ipigsooie

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

ipigsooie

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on November 14, 2017, 08:50:26 am
For real? I figured he'd get some PT this Saturday.

They said on the radio that he basically already has his papers signed. Its pretty much a done deal. He will be graduating and getting a graduate transfer and has 2 years of eligibility somewhere.

hogsanity

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 14, 2017, 08:51:52 am
They said on the radio that he basically already has his papers signed. Its pretty much a done deal. He will be graduating and getting a graduate transfer and has 2 years of eligibility somewhere.

Unless he has already left school, which if he is going to go the grad transfer route has not happened, or enrolled in another school, again not likely, and is still on the roster he could play in the last 2 games and it not affect his status. He redshirtted in 2015, played in a couple games in 2016, and has been on the active roster this year.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

copyhog

We have a legitimate reason to question this staffs ability to evaluate and prepare talent, so it makes you wonder.

Hogwild

From Wally's article

Quote"It will go up because we will have some guys that'll have early grads," Bielema explained. "Not guys that are in the starting lineup but guys that maybe have been backup players during their career that could possibly get out of here and might explore that option."

onebadrubi

Quote from: copyhog on November 14, 2017, 08:57:02 am
We have a legitimate reason to question this staffs ability to evaluate and prepare talent, so it makes you wonder.

While yes we do, it's been said many times by connected people that the team knew the moment Kelley stepped on campus he would surpass TS.  So not real sure this is one of those talent miseval's

Ex-Trumpet

Thought I read yesterday that he is #2 behind AA this week with Jack Lindsey #3?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

ipigsooie

Quote from: hogsanity on November 14, 2017, 08:56:11 am
Unless he has already left school, which if he is going to go the grad transfer route has not happened, or enrolled in another school, again not likely, and is still on the roster he could play in the last 2 games and it not affect his status. He redshirtted in 2015, played in a couple games in 2016, and has been on the active roster this year.

I dont think its about that. I just dont think the staff wants to play a guy that is planning on leaving. Maybe in an emergency, but typically guys that are asking to get transfer papers signed are not going to be seeing a lot of pt.

hogsanity

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 14, 2017, 08:59:18 am
I dont think its about that. I just dont think the staff wants to play a guy that is planning on leaving. Maybe in an emergency, but typically guys that are asking to get transfer papers signed are not going to be seeing a lot of pt.

That is true, I just took the one post to mean he could not play because he was planning to transfer.

Frankly they should have punished Kelley by making him start Saturday.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Tejano Jawg

Big question, maybe the biggest. As it relates to Storey, he came in with a lot of promise. And has been in the program a long time it seems.

Has anyone looked at the QB depth chart lately? Are we one snap away from having Whaley or Hammonds running the wildcat for 3 quarters?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

michiganhog65

he is playing intramurals with TJ Hammonds

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogsanity on November 14, 2017, 09:00:29 am
That is true, I just took the one post to mean he could not play because he was planning to transfer.

Frankly they should have punished Kelley by making him start Saturday.

That made me laugh.

ipigsooie

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 14, 2017, 08:58:42 am
Thought I read yesterday that he is #2 behind AA this week with Jack Lindsey #3?

He may be. They were talking about it in the morning show on 99.5 this am. Said his transfer is pretty much "concrete." They said he would only play in an emergency. They could be wrong but thats basically what was said.

Mike Irwin

Storey was recruited when Jim Chaney was still at Arkansas. I was at a playoff game Storey's senior year and Chaney was there on the sidelines watching.

From the beginning Dan Enos had issues with Storey's throwing motion (too much over the top). The kid has worked hard to change it and has made some progress. He did nothing in his few appearances last season but last spring and in a couple of August scrimmages he looked a lot better.

It's entirely possible that Storey is among those grad transfer players who appear to be leaving this spring. If so I wish him good luck.

With the very real possibility that a new coach will be in place next spring the situation at QB could change dramatically. 

Ex-Trumpet

Is this for real?  Our #2 on the chart is suspended indefinitely...and this was updated 22 hrs ago, which would have been Monday morning!

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/depth-chart-announced-miss-state-game/
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 14, 2017, 09:09:07 am
He may be. They were talking about it in the morning show on 99.5 this am. Said his transfer is pretty much "concrete." They said he would only play in an emergency. They could be wrong but thats basically what was said.
Won't it be ironic if the young man had to play, came in and bailed our rear ends out for a win ??? Would be in keeping with the total lunacy that currently prevails on the Hill.

HawgWild

Yes, this is certainly one train wreck of a season.

Razorbackers

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 14, 2017, 09:10:11 am

With the very real possibility that a new coach will be in place next spring the situation at QB could change dramatically.

In your visits to practice, did you see much of Carson and/or Dalton?  Though different in terms of mobility, were you able to assess their ability at the SEC level?

hogsanity

Storey was recruited when Jim Chaney was still at Arkansas. I was at a playoff game Storey's senior year and Chaney was there on the sidelines watching.

From the beginning Dan Enos had issues with Storey's throwing motion (too much over the top). The kid has worked hard to change it and has made some progress. He did nothing in his few appearances last season but last spring and in a couple of August scrimmages he looked a lot better.

It's entirely possible that Storey is among those grad transfer players who appear to be leaving this spring. If so I wish him good luck.

If it is true, I am most impressed he got his degree in 3 years. He came in at semester in 2015 iirc so he could go through spring practice.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 14, 2017, 09:11:28 am
Is this for real?  Our #2 on the chart is suspended indefinitely...and this was updated 22 hrs ago, which would have been Monday morning!

Clown show. Always keep.that in mind.

PRJ

IronHog

Story isn't a real natural thrower of the football.....has a stiff shoulder.

BUT that's more of a knock for the NFL vs college.......all that matters is that the ball gets to the spot on time....

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 14, 2017, 09:11:28 am

When you got which way did he go George roaming the sidelines it's to be expected.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Tusks

I thought some one posted that Story was heading to OU?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: tusked on November 14, 2017, 09:48:12 am
I thought some one posted that Story was heading to OU?
That would be a strange move it seems.  usually a late transfer wants immediate playing time.  OU has Kyler Murray in the wings and some good recruits waiting.

sickboy

Storey's got a bit of a jacked throwing motion. His release point is super weird. Still would like to see him get to play in a game before he's gone, just because why the hell not. And I'd be happy for him to get to play.

razorcash2

Quote from: michiganhog65 on November 14, 2017, 09:02:07 am
he is playing intramurals with TJ Hammonds
...John Rutledge is his intramural coach.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 14, 2017, 08:58:42 am
While yes we do, it's been said many times by connected people that the team knew the moment Kelley stepped on campus he would surpass TS.  So not real sure this is one of those talent miseval's
I agree with this completely, and Ive been on this staff about inability to develop and roster management just as much as anyone.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: sickboy on November 14, 2017, 09:51:51 am
Storey's got a bit of a jacked throwing motion. His release point is super weird. Still would like to see him get to play in a game before he's gone, just because why the hell not. And I'd be happy for him to get to play.
He played a series in the auburn game last year. He was a deer in headlights.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Storey's arm has not looked particularly strong in the few practices open to the public.  That doesn't mean he can't be effective, but there's a reason he's behind Kelley.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 14, 2017, 09:35:22 am
Clown show. Always keep.that in mind.

PRJ
Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on November 14, 2017, 09:39:46 am
When you got which way did he go George roaming the sidelines it's to be expected.

Pretty sure this is to throw off MSU's scouts.  I bet they are scrambling now, trying to figure out how to overcome this breaking development...

PossumFan

My "other" team, Virginia, loses its QB after this season and doesn't have much waiting in the wings.

Mr. Storey, if you really are transferring, come on down and play for an ascending program and get a great graduate degree!

2.5 years ago we had, Brandon, Austin, Rafe, Ty and Ricky all here and Cole coming in.  We had more stars sewed up in QBs than offensive linemen.  Of course, we had no coaching then as we do now.  Brandon moved up, Ricky gave up, Rafe gave up, Austin was anointed, and now Ty appears to have given up.  We've gone from  maybe the most potential QBs in the NCAA on one team to nearly out in 2 years.  Cole Kelley will have a very difficult time running any offense that requires him to move swiftly down the LOS on read options.  Drop Back or Shotgun should be fine.  Just my opinion.

BaggerHog

Ty made a mistake, but he wanted to be a Hog so badly he refused to take some good, solid, advice some were giving him. He refused to decommit when Bielema was hired and later refused to transfer when Chaney left.

I don't know what Ty will do, but I am in his home town quite often and hear the coffee shop and water cooler talk by the locals and some his relatives. I know the kid has worked he's butt off in the class room in order to graduate early.

I've never heard that it was set in stone he will leave. I've never heard OU mentioned as was said earlier in this thread. I have heard OSU is a possibility if he does indeed decide to leave.

Ty is a good kid that comes from a good family. I just hope there is a football future for him and wish him the best in whatever he decides to do.   

King Kong

Quote from: ChsTigerHog on November 14, 2017, 11:01:44 am
Ty made a mistake, but he wanted to be a Hog so badly he refused to take some good, solid, advice some were giving him. He refused to decommit when Bielema was hired and later refused to transfer when Chaney left.

I don't know what Ty will do, but I am in his home town quite often and hear the coffee shop and water cooler talk by the locals and some his relatives. I know the kid has worked he's butt off in the class room in order to graduate early.

I've never heard that it was set in stone he will leave. I've never heard OU mentioned as was said earlier in this thread. I have heard OSU is a possibility if he does indeed decide to leave.

Ty is a good kid that comes from a good family. I just hope there is a football future for him and wish him the best in whatever he decides to do.

Ty was not committed before Bielema was hired. That was Rafe. Ty committed to Bielema

texas tush hog

We have a legitimate reason to question this staff's ability to tie their shoe laces

colbs

People can get mad at BB for a lot of things but Ty not seeing the field shouldn't be one.  Kelley always appeared to be the better of the two.  That's no knock on Ty either.  It was also well documented that a lot of the board thought the same in the spring and fall. 

BaggerHog

Quote from: King Kong on November 14, 2017, 11:06:01 am
Ty was not committed before Bielema was hired. That was Rafe. Ty committed to Bielema

You sir are wrong. Ty committed to Chaney and Petrino when he was a Jr. in high school. Even though Ty was not a fit with Bielema, to Bielema's credit he never pulled the offer.   

colbs

Quote from: ChsTigerHog on November 14, 2017, 11:13:02 am
You sir are wrong. Ty committed to Chaney and Petrino when he was a Jr. in high school. Even though Ty was not a fit with Bielema, to Bielema's credit he never pulled the offer.   
Chaney came in with BB.  He wasn't here with Petrino.  Storey was probably 14 when BP was here.

hogsanity

Quote from: ChsTigerHog on November 14, 2017, 11:13:02 am

Ty is just now a rs soph, he graduated HS at the end of the 2014 fall semester. To have committed to BP he would have had to do so prior to April 10, 2012, and by my count he was just a soph in 2012.

According to this he committed to the Hogs on June 25, 2013, 6 months after BB was hired

https://247sports.com/Player/Ty-Storey-14692

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 14, 2017, 09:12:32 am
Won't it be ironic if the young man had to play, came in and bailed our rear ends out for a win ??? Would be in keeping with the total lunacy that currently prevails on the Hill.
Honestly I would LOVE for this to happen

onebadrubi

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 14, 2017, 11:21:49 am
Honestly I would LOVE for this to happen

Me too!  It would be a nice end cap on the Bielema Arkansas tenure. 

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: HawgWild on November 14, 2017, 09:17:10 am
Yes, this is certainly one train wreck of a season.

The train wreck in "The Fugitive" was infinitely more peaceful.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

BaggerHog

Quote from: hogsanity on November 14, 2017, 11:20:17 am
Ty is just now a rs soph, he graduated HS at the end of the 2014 fall semester. To have committed to BP he would have had to do so prior to April 10, 2012, and by my count he was just a soph in 2012.

According to this he committed to the Hogs on June 25, 2013, 6 months after BB was hired

https://247sports.com/Player/Ty-Storey-14692

OK, perhaps I'm a little confused. I do know that Lunny and Chaney were on to him early and were talking about an offer. Perhaps the advice that was being given to him was to not accept the offer after Bielema's hire.

hogsanity

Quote from: ChsTigerHog on November 14, 2017, 11:30:43 am
OK, perhaps I'm a little confused. I do know that Lunny and Chaney were on to him early and were talking about an offer. Perhaps the advice that was being given to him was to not accept the offer after Bielema's hire.

Again, Chaney came with BB, so that is not likely what he was being told.

I think Ty was recruited by BB because he was a in state legend, a hometownhero, and BB needed to try to keep the in state coaches happy, It would have looked bad for him to not recruit one of the highest rated qb's to come out of the Ar HS ranks. Remember how people viewed HDN for not recruiting TW?

The thing to keep in mind on Qb's, many coaches sign one or 2 per class, yet they only play one main guy each season, so it is not uncommon at all for qb's to get signed, not play, and transfer.

BaggerHog

Quote from: hogsanity on November 14, 2017, 11:37:30 am
Again, Chaney came with BB, so that is not likely what he was being told. 

Ok thanks, who was Bobby's OC? Was it his brother? Seems in my mind he left a year before Bobby. I guess when you get my age you just don't need to try to go from memory.     

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 14, 2017, 08:58:42 am

Allen will get hurt, Bielema will blow Jack Lindsey's redshirt as a final middle finger to Hog fans, before being promptly fired on Monday morning. 

thebignasty

Quote from: ChsTigerHog on November 14, 2017, 11:51:24 am
Ok thanks, who was Bobby's OC? Was it his brother? Seems in my mind he left a year before Bobby. I guess when you get my age you just don't need to try to go from memory.   

Was his brother. Stayed for the JLS year.  Chaney was a BB hire.

lots of folks would do well to read this thread and apply the lessons you could learn here to a lot of other hogville speculatin'
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes