Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema's Lies

Started by BigK_HogHeaven, November 14, 2017, 08:10:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngsta71701

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 14, 2017, 08:10:42 am
He claimed yesterday that 11 AM games don't bother him. "In my first year at Wisconsin we went 12-1 and all 13 games were at 11 AM".....

5 of the games were not played at 11.

Can we trust anything this guy says?
At this point anything he does wrong is multiplied.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

BrockndaRock

The little lies really do add up.

The one that gets me every time is his quote "I came into a 3-9 program and we went 3-9 my first season"

I mean come on... we were 4-8 under JLS and his arrogance to rub it in our face that we were a 3-9 program when he got here... Not that we won 34 games from 2008-2011...

He lies like a man who's never had anyone correct him and if it comes out of his mouth it instantly is true...

Mellon Collie

Quote from: BrockndaRock on November 14, 2017, 03:44:56 pm
The little lies really do add up.

The one that gets me every time is his quote "I came into a 3-9 program and we went 3-9 my first season"

I mean come on... we were 4-8 under JLS and his arrogance to rub it in our face that we were a 3-9 program when he got here... Not that we won 34 games from 2008-2011...

He lies like a man who's never had anyone correct him and if it comes out of his mouth it instantly is true...

It's the alcohol.

rmcchris

Bebop

I don't mean to disparage the man but, from an outsider's perspective, he does look like he functioning alcoholic.   

gangstaback

Quote from: RazorPiggie on November 14, 2017, 11:53:53 am
lol 9 of the 13 were played at 11AM and had 1 12pm game. Who cares.

This. All the games that mattered were at 11, the first 3 were not and were against cupcakes (which for wisconsin is saying a lot ... but still).

Chuck Beavers

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 14, 2017, 10:11:17 am
That's not what im talking about. Fans and players were told that the 3-4 would allow the DL to come off the ball and attack and that we would be able to be more exotic with our blitzing. None of that has happened. Instead, the defensive linemen are having to do the same thing they did last year, come off the ball and engage with opposing offensive linemen while keeping the qb in the pocket (QB Contain). This is supposed to allow LBs to get into the backfield and make plays. Problem is we don't blitz, so those linebackers never come. Those gaps that the defensive linemen have left open for the linebackers turn into running lanes for the opposing qb. By the time the linebackers get to him, he has a 1st down or close to it. We are in a prevent defense, not a true 3-4

Our defensive linemen are so far off the line-of-scrimmage we are actually running a 0-7 defense, not a 3-4.

Großer Kriegschwein

Bret is a marketing major. He is pretty good at it.
This is my non-signature signature.

PorkRinds

The man is leaving. Is it necessary for us to shame him and make up scandals? Some of y'all are nuts.

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 14, 2017, 03:34:27 pm
You have time in your day to research game times from 2006?

Was on NWA radio show this AM

31to6

Quote from: cjack on November 14, 2017, 03:25:21 pm
I've heard a lot of excuses, but blaming poor defensive play on Jared Cornelius and RWIII is one I haven't heard or couldn't dream of.
Wow.. not even close to what I said.

All I was saying is that I bet he thought he could let the offense carry the team while the defense came together under the new scheme.

Which was obviously a fatal miscalculation.

BigK_HogHeaven

Can we not spread unfounded rumors about Bielema passing out in his office? Let's try to have a little class here

BigK_HogHeaven

Some things are a fair criticism, accusing him of being a raging alcoholic isn't fair

PorkRinds

Quote from: 31to6 on November 14, 2017, 04:49:23 pm
Wow.. not even close to what I said.

All I was saying is that I bet he thought he could let the offense carry the team while the defense came together under the new scheme.
I feel like you're probably right about his feeling like he could lean on the offense. Little did he know that his offenseive line was going to be horrendous.

SPAL

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 14, 2017, 04:52:15 pm
Can we not spread unfounded rumors about Bielema passing out in his office? Let's try to have a little class here

I'm really sorry that it bothers you. I really am. In fact, it bothers me. I hate it. It's difficult on a lot of people. I don't think anybody wants it to be this way.

Would it make you feel better if he passed out because of high blood sugar, a heart problem, any number of health related reasons? The problem is, those of us in the medical.community see alcoholism as a health problem, not some taboo evil that dare not be mentioned.

I've been here since 2005. I've posted over 16k times in that span. Somewhere around 4 posts a day. I moderate a forum here. I'm pretty respected in the baseball forum for several reasons, one of which is that I'm not one to allow coaches or players to be bashed. Another is I won't allow things to be spread without credibility. In that span of time, have you ever known me to spread malicious rumors or just straight up lie?

For me, I'm concerned that his problem is becoming a liability to the program and I feel that it's information that the people who invest in the program wouldn't mind knowing.

The administration here know me as a poster, member of this board and fellow moderator. If they feel that I have crossed any kind of line, I assure you they will address it.  They don't equate me as someone who just makes stuff up.

But, if they feel it shouldn't be here, I'm perfectly comfortable with them taking it down..

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 14, 2017, 04:58:43 pm
I feel like you're probably right about his feeling like he could lean on the offense. Little did he know that his offenseive line was going to be horrendous.

He may not have known the OL was going to be horrendous, but he should have known. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 14, 2017, 05:05:14 pm
I'm really sorry that it bothers you. I really am. In fact, it bothers me. I hate it. It's difficult on a lot of people. I don't think anybody wants it to be this way.

Would it make you feel better if he passed out because of high blood sugar, a heart problem, any number of health related reasons? The problem is, those of us in the medical.community see alcoholism as a health problem, not some taboo evil that dare not be mentioned.

I've been here since 2005. I've posted over 16k times in that span. Somewhere around 4 posts a day. I moderate a forum here. I'm pretty respected in the baseball forum for several reasons, one of which is that I'm not one to allow coaches or players to be bashed. Another is I won't allow things to be spread without credibility. In that span of time, have you ever known me to spread malicious rumors or just straight up lie?

For me, I'm concerned that his problem is becoming a liability to the program and I feel that it's information that the people who invest in the program wouldn't mind knowing.

The administration here know me as a poster, member of this board and fellow moderator. If they feel that I have crossed any kind of line, I assure you they will address it.  They don't equate me as someone who just makes stuff up.

But, if they feel it shouldn't be here, I'm perfectly comfortable with them taking it down..

Believe me, I fully understand alcoholism. It's affected family members of mine. I never said you were wrong, just meant that I think it's severely damaging and detrimental to Bielema if it's not true. If you are confident enough in the info to stand behind it then so be it, just for me it isn't something to bring to a public forum unless you're 100% certain

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Bebop on November 14, 2017, 03:50:30 pm
I don't mean to disparage the man but, from an outsider's perspective, he does look like he functioning alcoholic.   

I don't mean to disparage the profession, but I would bet a large percentage of college coaches are functioning alcoholics.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

BigK_HogHeaven

Also, if Bret really is passing out in his office, why hasn't JL fired him or at least put him on a leave? If it's true the man needs help and JL doing nothing is grounds for dismissal IMO (again, assuming it's true)

RebHog

Quote from: spahoopsfan on November 14, 2017, 09:33:34 am
I concerns means how little lying means to so many people.  Telling a lie to protect someone's feelings is one thing, lying to make yourself look better is totally different.  To me I don't trust what people say when lying becomes so easy and unimportant to them.

He didn't lie it was 11 clock somewhere!!!   ;)

Silver Hog

Quote from: RebHog on November 14, 2017, 06:11:13 pm
He didn't lie it was 11 clock somewhere!!!   ;)
and 5'o clock somewhere too , all day long apparently.

moses_007

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 14, 2017, 03:20:07 pm
I heard a story today about good ole coach B....

Everybody knows he is heavy on the sauce. Apparently, it's become a liability. The week of the Auburn game, he was so lit he passed out in his office and some GA had to help him out of the floor.

The good news is, he doesn't go out to drink anymore. He goes live in his office. Story goes that nobody can stand to be around the man because of his problem. He isn't even going home much anymore. He bombs out during film study and other coaches pick up the slack.

From what I gather, CBB has been told it's over.

My source is a high profile surgeon in LR. Expect a lot more stories like this to surface soon.
If this is true about him getting drunk in his office and passing out, he should have been terminated immediately, for cause, and there'd been NO buyout.

Kevin

sir pigs is a stand poster. you can take what he says to the bank
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: moses_007 on November 14, 2017, 06:39:21 pm
If this is true about him getting drunk in his office and passing out, he should have been terminated immediately, for cause, and there'd been NO buyout.

True. Buyout $0

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: moses_007 on November 14, 2017, 06:39:21 pm

But by just waiting it out...any more episodes that can be documented can only bolster the UofA's case when negotiating the buyout. It's a risky move, but might payoff in a big way as well.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

SooieGeneris

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 14, 2017, 08:13:35 am
This one doesn't bother me, but if he lies about something as silly as the times of kickoffs what else is he lying about?

Maybe he was at the Gadsden, AL mall acting as Judge Roy Teen's wing man..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

#1Fan

Quote from: RazorPiggie on November 14, 2017, 11:53:53 am
lol 9 of the 13 were played at 11AM and had 1 12pm game. Who cares.
Who cares?  What about the 12pm game?

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Jimbob111

Quote from: island hog on November 14, 2017, 08:40:47 am
I don't think anyone was under the assumption that the first year of the 3-4 was going to be perfect. It takes time to recruit to that scheme and build depth at lb, etc.  It was a tough time to make a change, considering CBB's need to win soon. 

In year 5, it was obviously a "win now" year, so why would anybody with any common sense switch to a defense that you are not equipped to play, without players for that system, and try to "win now". So, you finally have some depth at lineback. Not superior talent but a lot of bodies. And not as many as you've had at defensive end.

So the answer, instead of grooming a talented "tweener" as a rush DE while maybe moving a true DE inside, is to completely change your defensive scheme.

So the abundance of extra linebackers was more attractive than the lack of defensive tackles suited to a 3-4?  What is more important in the 3-4 scheme, LBs who excel at 3-4 or DTs who excel at 3-4?

I'm obviously not a coach but it never made sense to switch to a scheme that heavily relies on top notch defensive linemen because the team was short on...wait for it...top notch defensive linemen.

Switching to the 3-4 was simply a way for Bielema's assistants to make him think they could make a change so he didn't fire them. Nothing in Rhoads' history suggests he can run a 3-4. And he has tried.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Junkyard Hog

It's not a landing spot. It's a launching point.

Unfortunately it was a ceiling.....................

Athog

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 14, 2017, 08:10:42 am
He claimed yesterday that 11 AM games don't bother him. "In my first year at Wisconsin we went 12-1 and all 13 games were at 11 AM".....

5 of the games were not played at 11.

Can we trust anything this guy says?

OK now we are reaching... a little much!

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Michael D Huff AIA on November 14, 2017, 08:13:47 am
I'm more concerned about the 'we're close' BS.

We aren't.

This is probably the verbiage of a desperate coach who has to know that the end is fast approaching.

On that statement what is concerning is that I don't think he is lying when he says that, I think he believes it.

And that is concerning.

PRJ

East Clintwood

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 14, 2017, 04:58:43 pm

But why didn't he know?  That's his specialty, what he builds his whole "system" around.  He was responsible for recruiting them and coaching them into what they are today.  He, of all people should have known how bad they were.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 14, 2017, 04:58:12 pm
Some things are a fair criticism, accusing him of being a raging alcoholic isn't fair

You know, me and the guy you are on here don't really get along here but I am going to tell you in at least the decade we have both been posting here, I have NEVER known Sir Pigs to lie, tell something that he isn't comfortable with or run with innuendo....NEVER.

These story's are widely told...by people with pristine reputations. He is a drunk. Eyewitness accounts have surfaced since his first year.

But Sir Pigs doesn't spread gossip, innuendo or non truths.

PRJ

hawgon

A guy in another board says that he has heard that Bert is basically begging for one more year.  I think he really does believe he is close.  It is getting sad now if that is the case.  If you want to talk about a team with a bad record that was close, look at HDN's 2005 team with those running backs.  We lost a ton of games by field goals and touchdowns.  That was a team that was clearly fighting and competing.  This year we just get worse every week.

I've never been a Bert fan but this year is just a disaster.  I really do think that's there is something wrong in his personal life beyond football.  It might be alcohol or something else.  He is like a drowning man flailing about trying to keep his head above water.  He looks completely awful.  He really needs to step back and get out of this situation. 

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 14, 2017, 03:20:07 pm
I heard a story today about good ole coach B....

Everybody knows he is heavy on the sauce. Apparently, it's become a liability. The week of the Auburn game, he was so lit he passed out in his office and some GA had to help him out of the floor.

The good news is, he doesn't go out to drink anymore. He goes live in his office. Story goes that nobody can stand to be around the man because of his problem. He isn't even going home much anymore. He bombs out during film study and other coaches pick up the slack.

From what I gather, CBB has been told it's over.

My source is a high profile surgeon in LR. Expect a lot more stories like this to surface soon.
Just to be clear, I'm new to this board.  I dont know you or anyone else any further than a screen name.  Also the fact that your a mod doesnt matter to me because at one point I thought a mod posted that we shouldnt be talking about potential coaches cause we didnt have an opening and it was disrespectful (maybe im confused).  So understand that im not questioning your credibility (Im really not) but this is a significant accusation so I would like to dig into it.  Particularly the angle on how a surgeon from LR is in the know.  "Surgeon" typically is connected with honest, integrity, etc. so Im assuming thats why you included that.  Certainly sounds better than I have an insurance agent friend.  Is this CBB's doctor or a relative of the GA?  How does this dr. Know this vs. any other doctor?  Seems like the answer to this could literally be worth millions if its true.

Großer Kriegschwein

From an article about his time at Wisky

3. Don't let him coach the special teams

In what could be viewed as a stubborn move, Bielema insisted on adding the special teams coaching to his duties shortly after becoming the head coach. It's not unheard of for a head coach -- Urban Meyer does the same -- but Bielema's special teams were awful during that time. As soon as Bielema swallowed his pride and delegated those responsibilities, the Badgers started going to the Rose Bowl annually. Coincidence?
This is my non-signature signature.

island hog

Quote from: Jimbob111 on November 14, 2017, 08:36:07 pm
In year 5, it was obviously a "win now" year, so why would anybody with any common sense switch to a defense that you are not equipped to play, without players for that system, and try to "win now". So, you finally have some depth at lineback. Not superior talent but a lot of bodies. And not as many as you've had at defensive end.

So the answer, instead of grooming a talented "tweener" as a rush DE while maybe moving a true DE inside, is to completely change your defensive scheme.

So the abundance of extra linebackers was more attractive than the lack of defensive tackles suited to a 3-4?  What is more important in the 3-4 scheme, LBs who excel at 3-4 or DTs who excel at 3-4?

I'm obviously not a coach but it never made sense to switch to a scheme that heavily relies on top notch defensive linemen because the team was short on...wait for it...top notch defensive linemen.

Switching to the 3-4 was simply a way for Bielema's assistants to make him think they could make a change so he didn't fire them. Nothing in Rhoads' history suggests he can run a 3-4. And he has tried.
I believe that CBB thought he would have some time for it to jell, with the offense (behind a senior signal caller, all world RB and All American center) taking the heat off of the defense.  Truthfully, I don't think he saw this year as his 'put up or shut up' year, that he'd have 2018 too. Unfortunately for him and the team, it wasn't in the cards. 

hawgon

Quote from: island hog on November 14, 2017, 09:50:29 pm
I believe that CBB thought he would have some time for it to jell, with the offense (behind a senior signal caller, all world RB and All American center) taking the heat off of the defense.  Truthfully, I don't think he saw this year as his 'put up or shut up' year, that he'd have 2018 too. Unfortunately for him and the team, it wasn't in the cards.

Jeff Long told him from day one that he would have at least six years.  That is why we have what we have now.  There never was a sense of urgency to win NOW.

island hog

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on November 14, 2017, 09:33:51 pm
Just to be clear, I'm new to this board.  I dont know you or anyone else any further than a screen name.  Also the fact that your a mod doesnt matter to me because at one point I thought a mod posted that we shouldnt be talking about potential coaches cause we didnt have an opening and it was disrespectful (maybe im confused).  So understand that im not questioning your credibility (Im really not) but this is a significant accusation so I would like to dig into it.  Particularly the angle on how a surgeon from LR is in the know.  "Surgeon" typically is connected with honest, integrity, etc. so Im assuming thats why you included that.  Certainly sounds better than I have an insurance agent friend.  Is this CBB's doctor or a relative of the GA?  How does this dr. Know this vs. any other doctor?  Seems like the answer to this could literally be worth millions if its true.
"everbody knows that he is heavy on the sauce" ... where is this coming from?  Considering how much vitriol is spewed on HV about CBB, you think that this would have come up a long time ago if "everyone" knew it.  Please provide more details... when Sumlin got hammered for the same, there was a video of him to substantiate the incident. Curious of what you have to say to this...

rlamb

Funny Boy Bill Clinton is the Father of lying and I think it got worse Nationwide
because of him and his Crew!