Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema's Lies

Started by BigK_HogHeaven, November 14, 2017, 08:10:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigK_HogHeaven

He claimed yesterday that 11 AM games don't bother him. "In my first year at Wisconsin we went 12-1 and all 13 games were at 11 AM".....

5 of the games were not played at 11.

Can we trust anything this guy says?

solitons

to be honest, I don't mind he lied on this.

Hog Fan...DOH!

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: solitons on November 14, 2017, 08:12:38 am
to be honest, I don't mind he lied on this.

This one doesn't bother me, but if he lies about something as silly as the times of kickoffs what else is he lying about?

Michael D Huff AIA

I'm more concerned about the 'we're close' BS.

We aren't.

This is probably the verbiage of a desperate coach who has to know that the end is fast approaching.

The Boar War

Remember when he used to refer to Wisconsin as "his former employer"?  Now he says Wisconsin all the time.  Anything to bring up his former successes to his future employer.  I'm guessing that 12-1 record would have been worked into whatever question was asked.

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: The Boar War on November 14, 2017, 08:17:25 am
Remember when he used to refer to Wisconsin as "his former employer"?  Now he says Wisconsin all the time.  Anything to bring up his former successes to his future employer.  I'm guessing that 12-1 record would have been worked into whatever question was asked.

He knows he's looking for a new job, got to fall back on past successes as much as possible because his time here has been 💩

hawgon

I'm not going to take up for him too much, but I will point out that  Wisconsin, like Virginia Tech, is one of those programs that ESPN built in that it seemed that they were on television every single week back when not everybody was on TV every week.  And most of those games it seemed like were that 11:00 a.m. ESPN game.

Kevin

more concerned he lost his team do to his lying
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Im still pissed about the lies we (and apparently the players) were fed about the new 3-4 defense.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

island hog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 14, 2017, 08:32:58 am
Im still pissed about the lies we (and apparently the players) were fed about the new 3-4 defense.
I don't think anyone was under the assumption that the first year of the 3-4 was going to be perfect. It takes time to recruit to that scheme and build depth at lb, etc.  It was a tough time to make a change, considering CBB's need to win soon. 

hogginbama

Quote from: island hog on November 14, 2017, 08:40:47 am
I don't think anyone was under the assumption that the first year of the 3-4 was going to be perfect. It takes time to recruit to that scheme and build depth at lb, etc.  It was a tough time to make a change, considering CBB's need to win soon. 

Now you know a lot of folks on here automatically thought "new 3-4 scheme, we are gonna be a top 10 defense.....anything less, burn down the barn".
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Arkansas Fan

Maybe that's because Bielema and Alvarez are friends again.

smb

GeorgiaHOG

cjack

Quote from: hogginbama on November 14, 2017, 08:49:37 am
Now you know a lot of folks on here automatically thought "new 3-4 scheme, we are gonna be a top 10 defense.....anything less, burn down the barn".

I think most people thought we were changing to a 3-4 defense to improve.  We didn't
Woooo Pig Soooie!

212hawg

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 14, 2017, 08:10:42 am
He claimed yesterday that 11 AM games don't bother him. "In my first year at Wisconsin we went 12-1 and all 13 games were at 11 AM".....

You should go outside or something. Starting to lose it a little bit. How in the world is this a thing that matters?

spahoopsfan

Quote from: 212hawg on November 14, 2017, 09:27:17 am
You should go outside or something. Starting to lose it a little bit. How in the world is this a thing that matters?

I concerns means how little lying means to so many people.  Telling a lie to protect someone's feelings is one thing, lying to make yourself look better is totally different.  To me I don't trust what people say when lying becomes so easy and unimportant to them.

spahoopsfan

Quote from: spahoopsfan on November 14, 2017, 09:33:34 am
I concerns means how little lying means to so many people.  Telling a lie to protect someone's feelings is one thing, lying to make yourself look better is totally different.  To me I don't trust what people say when lying becomes so easy and unimportant to them.

Correction: It concerns me how little lying means to so many people.

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: spahoopsfan on November 14, 2017, 09:33:34 am

This was exactly my point. I don't give a crap how many early games he coached in, but I do care that he lied about it to embellish himself, all the while making sure we remember that a decade ago he won 12 games

212hawg

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 14, 2017, 09:40:09 am
This was exactly my point. I don't give a crap how many early games he coached in, but I do care that he lied about it to embellish himself, all the while making sure we remember that a decade ago he won 12 games

Do you remember every detail of what you did at your job about 10 years ago? I sure don't.  Doesn't make me a liar. You guys all sound so bitter.

(notOM)Rebel123

My goodness, don't take everything so literally. I'm sure he was just exaggerating to make his point...which many people do. Did you really believe they played every game at 11:00 am? C'mon...of all the things to be concerned about, this isn't one of them.

Larry Brown, on Allen Iverson's "practice rant",  "He said 'practice' more times than he's actually practiced". Probably not exactly true...
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: island hog on November 14, 2017, 08:40:47 am
That's not what im talking about. Fans and players were told that the 3-4 would allow the DL to come off the ball and attack and that we would be able to be more exotic with our blitzing. None of that has happened. Instead, the defensive linemen are having to do the same thing they did last year, come off the ball and engage with opposing offensive linemen while keeping the qb in the pocket (QB Contain). This is supposed to allow LBs to get into the backfield and make plays. Problem is we don't blitz, so those linebackers never come. Those gaps that the defensive linemen have left open for the linebackers turn into running lanes for the opposing qb. By the time the linebackers get to him, he has a 1st down or close to it. We are in a prevent defense, not a true 3-4
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Mellon Collie

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 14, 2017, 08:23:00 am
He knows he's looking for a new job, got to fall back on past successes as much as possible because his time here has been 💩

Glory Days, they'll pass you by....

The Kid

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 14, 2017, 10:11:17 am
That's not what im talking about. Fans and players were told that the 3-4 would allow the DL to come off the ball and attack and that we would be able to be more exotic with our blitzing. None of that has happened. Instead, the defensive linemen are having to do the same thing they did last year, come off the ball and engage with opposing offensive linemen while keeping the qb in the pocket (QB Contain). This is supposed to allow LBs to get into the backfield and make plays. Problem is we don't blitz, so those linebackers never come. Those gaps that the defensive linemen have left open for the linebackers turn into running lanes for the opposing qb. By the time the linebackers get to him, he has a 1st down or close to it. We are in a prevent defense, not a true 3-4

Hard truth
Let's get the train back on the tracks.

PossumFan

He didn't lie. He just mis-remembered. :-)

NuttinItUp

Maybe he started drinking a little early and his mind was fuzzy.

arkansashogs

You dont focus on such details and being picky. In overall pic, BB and JL never lied in their life! They are the champions of INTEGRITY!

King Kong

He is shooting from the hips. He probably believes/remembers it as 11 am starts.

You call it lying I call loose on facts. Coach Cal does it all the time.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

#Uncommonly Commonly Common

The NewEra

These are the kind of threads that get started when you're staring a 4-8 season in the face after five years, you look even worse than you did the previous year and you keep telling the fan base the program is headed in the right direction.  You have ZERO credibility!

When after five years the coach is still trying to sell you on what he did at his former school as a reason to believe in him, it's time to let him go.

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: The NewEra on November 14, 2017, 11:28:04 am
These are the kind of threads that get started when you're staring a 4-8 season in the face after five years, you look even worse than you did the previous year and you keep telling the fan base the program is headed in the right direction.  You have ZERO credibility!

When after five years the coach is still trying to sell you on what he did at his former school as a reason to believe in him, it's time to let him go.

He's already in interview mode

RazorPiggie

lol 9 of the 13 were played at 11AM and had 1 12pm game. Who cares.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Kevin on November 14, 2017, 08:26:00 am
more concerned he lost his team do to his lying
he has been "moving on" for 6 weeks now. Catch up.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Kevin

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 14, 2017, 11:54:22 am
he has been "moving on" for 6 weeks now. Catch up.

He lost his program last year.  I know he is gone, and leach is our next coach
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Sed76

Always thought he was full of bull but I haven't believed a word out of his mouth after his "promise" that the Missouri meltdown would never happen again which we all saw a full repeat of a few weeks later. The guy is a blowhard and terrible coach.

twistitup

In addition to a wonderful story teller he's a good creative writer- just ask J Long
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: twistitup on November 14, 2017, 12:04:22 pm
In addition to a wonderful story teller he's a good creative writer- just ask J Long

He'll need his story telling abilities to get any respectable HC job after he's done here

Porkchop#1

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 14, 2017, 11:50:05 am
He's already in interview mode
Everyone better get out of the way of all those stampeding potential suitors so badly wanting CBB to come coach their teams.

livevanguy

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 14, 2017, 10:11:17 am
Just you wait. BB is going to save his job next season by rolling out the revolutionary  3-4 offense.  ;D
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

hogginbama

Quote from: cjack on November 14, 2017, 09:19:43 am
I think most people thought we were changing to a 3-4 defense to improve.  We didn't

Over night improvement doesn't happen very often. Takes a bit to learn, adjust and get all the players in your need. Our major downfall is when we are forced to put in the backups who are not on par with the backups/starters for other teams. But, you gotta make the change before you can build it, just not in Arkansas.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

007 License To Squeal

He probably won't mention his current employer at all after he leaves....
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

farmhawg

Quote from: The NewEra on November 14, 2017, 11:28:04 am

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Pecos Hog

Ahh, the good old days....

31to6

Quote from: cjack on November 14, 2017, 09:19:43 am
When he made the switch we still had RWIII and Jared Cornelius. I strongly suspect that CBB thought he would have to lean on the offense the first half of the year while the defense came together.

Of course, the O was stagnant to start the year and the defense is still not coming together.

So here we are staring at 4-8.

SPAL

I heard a story today about good ole coach B....

Everybody knows he is heavy on the sauce. Apparently, it's become a liability. The week of the Auburn game, he was so lit he passed out in his office and some GA had to help him out of the floor.

The good news is, he doesn't go out to drink anymore. He goes live in his office. Story goes that nobody can stand to be around the man because of his problem. He isn't even going home much anymore. He bombs out during film study and other coaches pick up the slack.

From what I gather, CBB has been told it's over.

My source is a high profile surgeon in LR. Expect a lot more stories like this to surface soon.

hawgon

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 14, 2017, 03:20:07 pm

Everybody knows he is heavy on the sauce. Apparently, it's become a liability. The week of the Auburn game, he was so lit he passed out in his office and some GA had to help him out of the floor.

The good news is, he doesn't go out to drink anymore. He goes live in his office. Story goes that nobody can stand to be around the man because of his problem. He isn't even going home much anymore. He bombs out during film study and other coaches pick up the slack.

My source is a high profile surgeon in LR. Expect a lot more stories like this to surface soon.

I honestly hate to hear it is that bad.  But I will say that he looks like it.

cjack

Quote from: 31to6 on November 14, 2017, 02:17:02 pm
When he made the switch we still had RWIII and Jared Cornelius. I strongly suspect that CBB thought he would have to lean on the offense the first half of the year while the defense came together.

Of course, the O was stagnant to start the year and the defense is still not coming together.

So here we are staring at 4-8.

I've heard a lot of excuses, but blaming poor defensive play on Jared Cornelius and RWIII is one I haven't heard or couldn't dream of.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

JaketheSnake

You have time in your day to research game times from 2006?

The NewEra

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 14, 2017, 03:20:07 pm

When one of my brothers was at the peak of his drinking problem he swelled up like a bullfrog.  I literally didn't recognize him.  Soon after he had a minor stroke and luckily that caused him to stop drinking and change his ways.  I see the same weight gain in a short period with Bielema and hope he get's it under control very soon if these reports are true.  The situation can not only lead to serious health issues, but loss of job opportunities and marriages.