Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is likely to be re-tained by the new staff?

Started by mj4president, November 14, 2017, 05:52:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

With Arkansas ties and past successes to make us TE U, Lunney Jr would likely be kept but can't see anyone else hanging around?

What say you?

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

The NewEra

Michael Smith for his Louisiana recruiting contacts and skills.  He's also a pretty darn good coach.

jgcat4

The chancellor, president, the fan base that supports the hire...
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

Pork Ranger

Quote from: The NewEra on November 14, 2017, 05:55:27 am
Michael Smith for his Louisiana recruiting contacts and skills.  He's also a pretty darn good coach.

Yep, I'm for keeping Smith. If we had a winning product he'd probably have landed some big fish from south Louisiana

East TN HAWG

WoooPigBrewie

Bobby Allen is the obvious choice.  Really crushes it as director of high school and NFL relations.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Drop the Mike

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

smb

GeorgiaHOG

EastexHawg

Cotton

Quote from: WoooPigBrewie on November 14, 2017, 08:00:13 am
Bobby Allen is the obvious choice.  Really crushes it as director of high school and NFL relations.
Agreed, I mean he found a way to get BA on a practice squad for a year. Miracle worker!
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Piggfoot

Smith. I have not been impressed with Lunny's Arkansas recruiting. Tim Horton was much better.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 14, 2017, 09:34:17 am
Smith. I have not been impressed with Lunny's Arkansas recruiting. Tim Horton was much better.

Smith for sure, that is all.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: The NewEra on November 14, 2017, 05:55:27 am
Recruiting he is killing it, coaching not so much. WR play this year is poor to horrible imo.

ipigsooie

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 14, 2017, 09:34:17 am

Who did lunney miss on besides KJ? Seems like we have kept most of our kids at home.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

We need Michael Smith for his connections in Louisiana and we need to keep Lunney for his connections with instate coaches and his development of TE's. Everyone else can go
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 14, 2017, 09:51:00 am
Who did lunney miss on besides KJ? Seems like we have kept most of our kids at home.
He's done a darn good job with tight ends too. We just cant see that this year because Bielema is obsessed with Cantrell
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

East TN HAWG

If we hired Gus, and Horton comes back with him, then Lunney could become expendable because of Horton's recruiting.  Both could be potentially lead recruiters for the state.  However, Lunney has done a bang up job and is a true Razorback guy (as is Horton.)  It would also be good for Lunney's career to study under Gus a year or two.

If we hire Norville, we need to keep both coaches for recruiting ties.   

oldhawg

If Norville is hired, is Horton given an opportunity to return to Arkansas from Auburn?  Would he return, given the opportunity?

ipigsooie

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 14, 2017, 09:58:23 am
He's done a darn good job with tight ends too. We just cant see that this year because Bielema is obsessed with Cantrell

It seems like Horton missed out on a lot bigger fish than Lunney. Especially at the rb position which he coaches.