Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by bigpigpimpin on 13 Nov 2017
  • Leaked by a lawyer connected to Jimmy Sexton. Siap.
  • #2 by ipigsooie on 13 Nov 2017
    Sexton isn't chips agent. Not saying it's wrong but...
  • #3 by ballz2thewall on 13 Nov 2017
  • david dunn represents kelly. sexton represents others in consideration

but there does seem to be strong talks between fla and kelly.
  • #4 by Drop the Mike on 13 Nov 2017
  • Board of regents
  • #5 by Captain Hogthrob on 13 Nov 2017
  • Florida will be Oregon 2.0 with Kelly at the helm.
  • #6 by HardCore on 13 Nov 2017
  • Thatís what you get when make the early coaching move.  Unlike us.
  • #7 by sowmonella on 13 Nov 2017
  • Doesn't the show clause Kelley got at Oregon need SEC approval to get into the league?
  • #8 by grayhawg on 13 Nov 2017
  • Hasn't Kelly had former issues with the NCAA?
  • #9 by BadHog on 13 Nov 2017
  • Why wouldn't FL go after Mullen - he and the AD are besties.
  • #10 by hobhog on 13 Nov 2017
  • Kelley just rubs me wrong. And his offense isn't unique anymore. No worried....
  • #11 by Calling All Hogs on 13 Nov 2017
  • Good luck Florida. We will see how CK does in the SEC if they get him.
  • #12 by Steef on 13 Nov 2017

Kelly was never going to come here. If we had contacted him a month ago with pallets of unmarked cash, he STILL wouldnt come here.
  • #13 by sickboy on 13 Nov 2017

Florida is a little different prestige-wise than Arkansas. Chip Kelly would never consider coming to Arkansas. Florida makes a lot of sense.
  • #14 by 247Hog on 13 Nov 2017
  • Kelley just rubs me wrong. And his offense isn't unique anymore. No worried....

Same...i have always had a weird feeling about him. Maybe i just have gas.
  • #15 by The Hawg Marshal on 13 Nov 2017
  • According to Florida fans the guy tweeting that is not really an insider, he just wants to be. 
  • #16 by GoHogzzGo on 13 Nov 2017
  • I believe the reports said UF is vetting him, not that he chose UF. Chip could still go to a number of places.
  • #17 by The Hawg Marshal on 13 Nov 2017

Do you mean figuratively or like Kevin Spacey?
  • #18 by rtr on 13 Nov 2017
  • A home run hire for Florida if they pull it off.
  • #19 by 247Hog on 13 Nov 2017
  • Do you mean figuratively or like Kevin Spacey?

Awww.......LMAO. To soon?
  • #20 by ipigsooie on 13 Nov 2017
  • Doesn't the show clause Kelley got at Oregon need SEC approval to get into the league?

Yes. The commissioner has to approve it but he will.
  • #21 by 1highhog on 13 Nov 2017

Good for them, sure wouldn't want him here.
  • #22 by rtr on 13 Nov 2017
  • Yes. The commissioner has to approve it but he will.
    They will.  It's the SEC.
  • #23 by bville_hog on 13 Nov 2017
  • Hugh Freeze on steroids...he won't last more the 3 years before he gets tripped up.
  • #24 by Sooie71923 on 13 Nov 2017
  • Thatís awsome!
  • #25 by HardCore on 13 Nov 2017
  • Florida is a little different prestige-wise than Arkansas. Chip Kelly would never consider coming to Arkansas. Florida makes a lot of sense.

Either way, guess we will never know
  • #26 by Wardhog85 on 13 Nov 2017
  • If true, we need to make a run at Scott Frost ASAP! Basically everyone was saying Frost was supposed to be their top choice. Hope they go with Kelly so we can have a shot at Frost.
  • #27 by ipigsooie on 13 Nov 2017
  • If true, we need to make a run at Scott Frost ASAP! Basically everyone was saying Frost was supposed to be their top choice. Hope they go with Kelly so we can have a shot at Frost.

I still think he wanted the Nebraska job all along. His bargaining position may have just gone down a little.
  • #28 by RedRock on 13 Nov 2017
  • Chip Kelley has been linked to TAMU
  • #29 by Wardhog85 on 13 Nov 2017
  • I still think he wanted the Nebraska job all along. His bargaining position may have just gone down a little.
    That could be the case, but he would be my first call. I'd make him tell us no.
  • #30 by jkstock04 on 13 Nov 2017
  • A big time get for Florida if this is true.
  • #31 by hoghevn on 13 Nov 2017
  • #32 by 12247 on 13 Nov 2017
  • Kelley will be dangerous if he can get the recruits.  At FLA, he should be able to get recruits.
  • #33 by Pork Twain on 13 Nov 2017
  • I cannot imagine Chip Kelly with the talent in the state of Florida.  Just look what he did out west, in no-man's land.  Of course failure is always possible with a new coach, but I think this would shift some power in the east.
  • #34 by TrueBlue on 13 Nov 2017
  • It seemed that Kelly was at Oregon forever as HC, but he was only there four years. After that, he spent four horrible years in the NFL. Back in 2009, the HUNH was pretty new, but now so many teams are doing it makes you wonder if it would transition to the SEC or not.
  • #35 by Bob Slydell on 13 Nov 2017
  • Yes. The commissioner has to approve it but he will.

Interesting.  Is approval required in perpetuity?  His show cause expired a long time ago.  I'm guessing that any coach who has ever had a show cause requires approval.
  • #36 by HOGINTENNESSEE on 13 Nov 2017
  • It seemed that Kelly was at Oregon forever as HC, but he was only there four years. After that, he spent four horrible years in the NFL. Back in 2009, the HUNH was pretty new, but now so many teams are doing it makes you wonder if it would transition to the SEC or not.

His first 2 years in the NFL went well
  • #37 by GoHogs1091 on 14 Nov 2017
  • Supposedly, Chip Kelly does not like to recruit.

If so, then he will not like having to recruit against a resurgent Miami (FL) program and a Florida State program that recruits at an elite level.
  • #38 by Pork Twain on 14 Nov 2017
  • Supposedly, Chip Kelly does not like to recruit.

If so, then he will not like having to recruit against a resurgent Miami (FL) program and a Florida State program that recruits at an elite level.
    With the right assistants, he will not have to and there is plenty of talent in Florida to go around.
  • #39 by Hawghiggs on 14 Nov 2017
  • Good. Whatever it takes to hurt Alabama I'm all for.
  • #40 by bennyl08 on 14 Nov 2017

Chip wouldnt hurt Saban. Who was the one team that Oregon always struggled against when Chip was there? Stanford. What did Stanford have that other PAC teams during that time didn't? Deep DL and a physical, pro-style offense.

How well will he do when he has to go against at least 4-5 Stanfords each year in the SEC?
  • #41 by BILLYBOB on 14 Nov 2017
  • A great move by the Gators. CCK built a perennial championship contender in a place that is extremely hard to recruit, with absolutely no tradition, money, or facilities.  Florida is arguably the most fertile recruiting state in the country...and has deep tradition, lots of money, and incredible facilities. Plus, most of Kellyís salary is still being paid by the 49erís.
  • #42 by Mike_e on 14 Nov 2017
  • As long as he doesn't wind up at aTm.

That would just be wrong.
  • #43 by Inhogswetrust on 14 Nov 2017
  • Hasn't Kelly had former issues with the NCAA?

Yes. Florida doesn't care. They are one of those win at all cost types. They've had big trouble with the NCAA before.
  • #44 by Wants2Win on 14 Nov 2017
  • If true...look out.
  • #45 by TNhawgfan on 14 Nov 2017
  • Don't buy it. Finebaum and others who actually know and talk with him all say he will coach again on the west coast
  • #46 by holeinthewall on 14 Nov 2017

That would be Miami keeping the kids home like Ridley.  It is already turning Miami favor.
  • #47 by jackflash on 14 Nov 2017
  • I don't  like him but would be a big hire at Fla I think
  • #48 by AP85 on 14 Nov 2017

Hahaha. Chip was never coming here.
  • #49 by jgcat4 on 14 Nov 2017
  • It'll be like the Spurier days at Florida all over again. They will rule the east I'm afraid.
  • #50 by rtr on 14 Nov 2017
  • Yes. Florida doesn't care. They are one of those win at all cost types. They've had big trouble with the NCAA before.
    Charlie Pell.
Pages:
Actions