Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema: No conversations With Long

Started by Mike Irwin, November 13, 2017, 09:14:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

farmhawg

So we will be great with all the redshirt sophomores and depth but we will offer a lot of JC players playing time. What?
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

BadHog

Quote from: farmhawg on November 13, 2017, 09:21:31 pm
So we will be great with all the redshirt sophomores and depth but we will offer a lot of JC players playing time. What?

Hey like he said - it's full steam ahead  ::)
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

farmhawg

Five years and he needs more time. No thanks, Maybe he can put his cliches on tv and earn money.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

The Boar War

You think they'd at least be seeing if one or the other had any leads.

Calling All Hogs

Paul Rhoades is quoted talking about Bielema: ""He has not deviated from our approach in staying the course. I think consistency is a big factor..." I certainly agree Bielema has stayed the course and been consistent in his losing. 

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: BadHog on November 13, 2017, 09:17:18 pm
Irwin's article from today's presser for those interested...

http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/bielema-no-conversations-with-long/856950948
Makes sense because Long has no say in the firing of Bielema. Besides, Bielema thinks practices are great, so why would anyone believe anything he says at this point?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Poker_hog

Lol bert.  It's really a good thing we are terrible, it'll help with selling recruits on playing time.  Genius...
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Hogwild

Pork Twain

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on November 13, 2017, 09:44:39 pm
Paul Rhoades is quoted talking about Bielema: ""He has not deviated from our approach in staying the course. I think consistency is a big factor..." I certainly agree Bielema has stayed the course and been consistent in his losing. 
Does anyone do it better?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

I bet Jeff is thinking.  I was told these Arkies were a group of total dumbasses and that proved true for nearly 10 years.  I made the perfect hire in Bret and now they are blaming me.  Wonder just how bad it will get if they ever figure out we are tens of millions over budget on the North Endzone project and any of them are smart enough to know how it got that way.  Maybe i better start looking for another gig.

idochog

Quote from: 12247 on November 13, 2017, 10:59:15 pm
I bet Jeff is thinking.  I was told these Arkies were a group of total dumbasses and that proved true for nearly 10 years.  I made the perfect hire in Bret and now they are blaming me.  Wonder just how bad it will get if they ever figure out we are tens of millions over budget on the North Endzone project and any of them are smart enough to know how it got that way.  Maybe i better start looking for another gig.

Most Yankees think that way about southerners
I love Jesus!

Pork Twain

Quote from: 12247 on November 13, 2017, 10:59:15 pm
He probably got that idea in his head from logging in to Hogville.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

sickboy

Quote from: idochog on November 13, 2017, 11:17:08 pm

As a southerner, they're mostly right.

hog911

Quote from: idochog on November 13, 2017, 11:17:08 pm
Unfortunately most Yankees stupidity believe the civil war was about slavery when less than 6% of southerners owned slaves and less than 35% benefited from it! So what did the other 65% fight for? Hmmmm

Seminole Indian

There is nothing I don't like about your hc. He is pure class, and as real as they come.

To bad it did not work out for him.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

jgcat4

Did anyone expect him to say, "Yeah, Long and I have talked. I will probably be let go after the Missouri game. I have really enjoyed my time and the money I've made at Arkansas. Thanks for the catfish!"
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

navyhog24

Quote from: Seminole Indian on November 14, 2017, 06:48:51 am
There is nothing I don't like about your hc. He is pure class, and as real as they come.

What about him is real as they come? The guy is so full of **it and full of himself.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Seminole Indian on November 14, 2017, 06:48:51 am

Except he can not develop players nor win games.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Seminole Indian

November 14, 2017, 08:40:57 am #20 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 08:53:49 am by Seminole Indian
Not according to everyone that I know, and according to them the players really like him.

I think both he and Long are the types of people you would like to see be successful. Quality people.

To bad that is not the world we live in, and it is getting more difficult for people of good character like them to be successful, and don't ask me why, but that is not their problem.

Name the successful coaches today, especially in the SEC,  that people don't think, or know are cutting corners.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

DoctorSusscrofa

November 14, 2017, 08:41:17 am #21 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 08:55:19 am by DoctorSusscrofa
Quote from: hog911 on November 14, 2017, 02:05:35 am
Unfortunately most Yankees stupidity believe the civil war was about slavery when less than 6% of southerners owned slaves and less than 35% benefited from it! So what did the other 65% fight for? Hmmmm

In Arkansas, regardless of how many owners there were, 25% of the population was slave.

Even Confederate soldiers and Confederate leaders admitted the war was about slavery. Go to Pea Ridge. It's there.  Stop denying fact. Even those who didn't  own slaves didn't believe in ending slavery.  The 6% figure is pure misdirection.  Owning or not owning slaves has NOTHING to do with support for slavery.

And, the war wasn't started by the 65%.  It was started and led by the wealthy. The same wealthy that owned or benefitted from slaves.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

Kevin

coaches are professional liars, deceivers, & manipulators
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Seminole Indian

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 14, 2017, 08:39:36 am
Except he can not develop players nor win games.
Right, and I'm not discussing that. That's just business.

Still would like to see people like him and Long be successful.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 14, 2017, 08:41:17 am
In Arkansas, regardless of how many owners there were, 25% of the population was slave.

Even Confederate soldiers and Confederate leaders admitted the war was about slavery. Go to Pea Ridge. It's there.  Stop denying fact. Even those who didn't  own slaves didn't believe in ending slavery.  The 6% figure is pure misdirection.  Owning or not owning slaves has NOTHING to do with support for slavery.

And, the war wasn't started by the 65%.  It was started and led by the wealthy. The same wealthy that owned or benefitted from slaves.

I'm sure you think WWII was about saving the world.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 14, 2017, 08:55:43 am
I'm sure you think WWII was about saving the world.

I'm sure that you have no clue.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

smb

GeorgiaHOG

Arkansas Fan

Seminole Indian

orvillesghost

I know of no reputable historian in all of Academia who doesn't believe that the chief cause of the Civil War was slavery. It wasn't the only cause but by far the overwhelming one. Even the leaders of the Confederacy admitted as much at the time. I guess you might dig one up from Bob Jones or Liberty or East Podunk State but no one at a reputable school would agree.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: orvillesghost on November 14, 2017, 09:17:32 am
I know of no reputable historian in all of Academia who doesn't believe that the chief cause of the Civil War was slavery. It wasn't the only cause but by far the overwhelming one. Even the leaders of the Confederacy admitted as much at the time. I guess you might dig one up from Bob Jones or Liberty or East Podunk State but no one at a reputable school would agree.

Correct.  And most of them freely admit it is the economic aspect of slavery that led the way. Not the immorality of slavery.  I'm not claiming the North opposed slavery primarily because it was immoral.  I'm claiming (along with those experts) that slavery was supported in the South and opposed in the North because the South's economy required cheap labor and slavery provided it.  And many leaders and soldiers of the Civil War said as much in letters, speeches, etc.  I visited Pea Ridge the other day and read several of the quotes from Southerners at the time who said the war was about preserving slavery.

sickboy

Quote from: orvillesghost on November 14, 2017, 09:17:32 am

My mother is a southern Civil War historian. She'll be the first to tell you that the war was about slavey and the narrative that it wasn't helps southerners distance themselves from the core moral conundrum with the war, while still giving them something to be proud of in their heritage. Identity is a funny beast.

cjack

Quote from: Kevin on November 14, 2017, 08:43:09 am
coaches are professional liars, deceivers, & manipulators

The only relevant thing said since about the 4th comment.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

sickboy

dfwalumdad

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 14, 2017, 08:41:17 am

well here's a confederate solider, an arkansan and writing at the time in his own words who had a different take.

It is said slavery is all we are fighting for, and if we give it up we give up all.  Even if this were true, which we deny, slavery is not all our enemies are fighting for.  It is merely the pretense to establish sectional superiority and a more centralized form of government, and to deprive us of our rights and liberties.

that was patrick cleburne's view on why we fought that war. we named a county after him, he's kinda a big deal.

that war might have been fought by the south to preserve slavery, but it darned sure wasn't fought by the north to end slavery. it was fought by the north to preserve the excise tax on cotton which by 1861 provided 90% of all federal revenue. that's a simple fact.

rzrbk4life

Does anyone really expect him to say anything different?
Let's call those hogs!!!!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 13, 2017, 09:48:57 pm
Makes sense because Long has no say in the firing of Bielema. Besides, Bielema thinks practices are great, so why would anyone believe anything he says at this point?

From what I've seen this year on both sides, I'm sure practices are great!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Seminole Indian on November 14, 2017, 09:10:08 am
What does that mean?

A moderator on a sports message board apparently doesn't watch sports on tv.

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 13, 2017, 09:14:04 pm
Bret Bielema discusses his job situation:

http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/bielema-no-conversations-with-long/856950948

Good news in there.  Maybe an extra 5 signees this class.  Will have an upperclassmen team over the next couple of seasons.  One senior starting on offense is crazy.  Goes back to not stockpiling more at positions like oline and being forced to play too many early instead of getting to redshirt. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 14, 2017, 10:36:10 am
A moderator on a sports message board apparently doesn't watch sports on tv.

I mostly watch replays, but even when I watch live sports I am jumping back and forth, during commercials. Never watch that one through to the end.

Captain Hogthrob

How did a thread about a quote from the current head football coach devolve into a debate about the civil war...sigh
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

SooieGeneris

Quote from: farmhawg on November 13, 2017, 09:21:31 pm

Yeah, those JCS are gonna come in and make an immediate impact... like Deion Malone, Paul Ramirez, Brandon Martin, Britto Tutt and all the others.

The only impact they have made is their butts making an impact on the bench, or in Martin's case on Whaley's jaw.

If I hear that idiot say "I get it" one more time..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 14, 2017, 10:29:12 am
well here's a confederate solider, an arkansan and writing at the time in his own words who had a different take.

It is said slavery is all we are fighting for, and if we give it up we give up all.  Even if this were true, which we deny, slavery is not all our enemies are fighting for.  It is merely the pretense to establish sectional superiority and a more centralized form of government, and to deprive us of our rights and liberties.

that was patrick cleburne's view on why we fought that war. we named a county after him, he's kinda a big deal.

that war might have been fought by the south to preserve slavery, but it darned sure wasn't fought by the north to end slavery. it was fought by the north to preserve the excise tax on cotton which by 1861 provided 90% of all federal revenue. that's a simple fact.

As with the wars fought in the past century and this century, it's all about money.

Justagp

Quote from: Captain Hogthrob on November 14, 2017, 11:35:21 am
How did a thread about a quote from the current head football coach devolve into a debate about the civil war...sigh
And that's the great thing about Hogville - life is not dull  ;)

RedyorNot

Quote from: sickboy on November 14, 2017, 01:03:26 am
As a southerner, they're mostly right.

Completely agree, we've earned that perspective of others regardless of geography.

farmhawg

Quote from: Seminole Indian on November 14, 2017, 08:44:23 am
Right, and I'm not discussing that. That's just business.

Still would like to see people like him and Long be successful.

Guess you are ok with the off field behavior? You must have liked Sutton as well.
From theflyinghog

Seminole Indian

Quote from: farmhawg on November 14, 2017, 08:37:34 pm
Guess you are ok with the off field behavior? You must have liked Sutton as well.
I don't remember if I liked him or not, to long ago. Thought he was a good coach.

Think the only Razorback coach I ever just liked was Lou Holtz. You could not help but like him.

As far as every other coach, what I thought about them depended on their record at the time you asked.

swineology

Quote from: Captain Hogthrob on November 14, 2017, 11:35:21 am

It's tardville.

Morons abound

scottwillrazbackfan1

Quite obvious now why BB has not to talked to JL.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

He definitely wont be having that conversation with long now  ;)
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.