Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Assistant AD at Arkansas

Started by Hogtimes, November 13, 2017, 07:20:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtimes

Who is the second in command behind Jeff Long that would be in line  to replace Long if he leaves?  Is that person a possibility for the next AD ?   

Dwight_K_Shrute

I would think John Fagg, he has been instrumental in past searches and is thought to be a ninja. 

Could Be Julie Cromer-Peoples though.  She is listed right after Jeff on staff directory.

Both are listed as Senior Associate ADs.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/athletics-2/athletics/
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hog.goblin

Like most programs we have several assistant ADs.  I would consider Jon Fagg the number two, but not likely to be considered the replacement.

moses_007

We need a Chuck Dicas or Bill Montgomery.  Maybe Ron Calcagni?

BadHog

Quote from: moses_007 on November 13, 2017, 10:05:03 pm
We need a Chuck Dicas or Bill Montgomery.  Maybe Ron Calcagni?

How about no. Just because a person played football at the UA doesn't mean they can run an extensive athletic department. Geez!

And how about someone under the age of 55 that understands the need to renew the Coca Cola license, revamp stadium acoustics and get rid of the stupid ridiculous sound bite commericals during time outs.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 13, 2017, 07:24:37 pm
I would think John Fagg, he has been instrumental in past searches and is thought to be a ninja. 

Could Be Julie Cromer-Peoples though.  She is listed right after Jeff on staff directory.

Both are listed as Senior Associate ADs.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/athletics-2/athletics/

Payroll sure has expanded over the past 10 + years  :o

husker71

It is a business   a multi million dollar business   and just because somebody is a former player certainly does not qualify them for the job.  Now if you found somebody who was a former player and successful business person ( in a big extensive business) and had the skills I certainly would not adverse from offering them the job.

mj4president

John is an absolute machine and assassin, runs ultra marathons.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

TheGunther

Just heard AD Conk got an extension at UA Little Rock, not sure if related but interesting timing.
everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, no one wanna lift no heavy ass weight!

Hogtimes

Quote from: husker71 on November 14, 2017, 05:16:35 am
It is a business   a multi million dollar business   and just because somebody is a former player certainly does not qualify them for the job.  Now if you found somebody who was a former player and successful business person ( in a big extensive business) and had the skills I certainly would not adverse from offering them the job.

Jim Lindsey?

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 14, 2017, 12:40:07 am
Payroll sure has expanded over the past 10 + years  :o

So has the budget....... :o

Kevin

Quote from: BadHog on November 13, 2017, 10:13:26 pm
How about no. Just because a person played football at the UA doesn't mean they can run an extensive athletic department. Geez!

And how about someone under the age of 55 that understands the need to renew the Coca Cola license, revamp stadium acoustics and get rid of the stupid ridiculous sound bite commericals during time outs.

Dicus ran the foundation. He would be a good choice
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Pork Ranger

Quote from: TheGunther on November 14, 2017, 10:43:47 am
Just heard AD Conk got an extension at UA Little Rock, not sure if related but interesting timing.

Not really. He seems to be doing alright there but is only 33 years old. I don't think he's quite seasoned enough to get a look from any big programs

SemperHawg

Not sure what the thoughts on this guy are.  He would obviously be short on the experience side of things, but what about Kale Gober?  Youngest  AD in the country at one point at OBU.  Worked under Long for some time here at the University.  From the state of Arkansas and life long Razorback fan.  Kind of a marriage between the young up and comer new school mentality, and getting an in state guy that understands our program dynamic and our unique history.

BroyledNutts

ricepig

Quote from: BroyledNutts on November 14, 2017, 02:02:37 pm
Mr. Lindsey is unavailable due to acute health issues.

Maybe he was talking about the bankrupt one?

claycohog

hawgon

Clay is an Arkansas grad and all hog through and through.  He looks to be at least the number 3 guy.  Give him a shot.