Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Challenge from CMA

Started by BannerMountainMan, November 13, 2017, 07:19:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

ShadowHawg

He's right. This team plays with a lot energy now in an empty Bud. They would be scary with a 90's Bud crowd.

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Iwastherein1969

I think I put out a memo on JUMP BALL not long ago about this very thing. Mike is quite right. The Bud should be at least at 12k each time they play.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Hogs49ers

SCREW Vandy!

Letsroll1200

Play two or three games in Little Rock. I bet you get 12 + at the games.

BadHog

I'll be there Friday! Floor seats baby!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

hobhog

I'll be there. Then RRS the next day. Looking forward to a fun Hog weekend.

Tony Perkis

rzrbackramsfan

I'll be at the Houston game and A&M road game talking some junk!

wavybone

One thing I think was a good sign was the student section was full for both games. Students are buying in.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: wavybone on November 13, 2017, 10:41:59 pm
One thing I think was a good sign was the student section was full for both games. Students are buying in.
well I mean they better be full! The trough only hold about 300 or so and with thousands of kids they should be pretty rowdy
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Dirty

HogFansReunited

I made it to the game Sunday but I won't be able to take Friday off to make the game. Sucks living 4 hours away.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 13, 2017, 08:40:46 pm
Play two or three games in Little Rock. I bet you get 12 + at the games.
Agreed. I understand the argument in football but they play so many games in basketball that a couple more in little rock shouldn't be a big deal. Especially if those are exhibition games and the ones early on against smaller competition. They would actually get more of an audience in little rock
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

BRHogfan

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 14, 2017, 01:18:16 pm
Agreed. I understand the argument in football but they play so many games in basketball that a couple more in little rock shouldn't be a big deal. Especially if those are exhibition games and the ones early on against smaller competition. They would actually get more of an audience in little rock

It feels like we don't play well in Little Rock, though Mike is 4-2 there.  North Little Rock technically.  The last two coaches combined were 3-6 there. 

razorhead94

Quote from: BRHogfan on November 14, 2017, 01:38:55 pm
It feels like we don't play well in Little Rock, though Mike is 4-2 there.  North Little Rock technically.  The last two coaches combined were 3-6 there. 

Because our players get nervous when they play in front of a huge crowd.  They aren't used to it.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

razorback1829

Quote from: razorhead94 on November 14, 2017, 01:56:05 pm
Because our players get nervous when they play in front of a huge crowd.  They aren't used to it.

The LR crowd is devoid of a student section. More neutral site type crowd. A packed Bud has the student section hummin the whole game. LR crowd doesn't really know how to cheer.

JayHog

Quote from: razorback1829 on November 14, 2017, 02:01:38 pm
The LR crowd is devoid of a student section. More neutral site type crowd. A packed Bud has the student section hummin the whole game. LR crowd doesn't really know how to cheer.

Neutral my ass. Have you ever even been to a LR game? Everyone there is pro-Razorback and they cheer LOUD!  The other team definitely knows who everyone is cheering for.

razorhead94

November 14, 2017, 02:12:12 pm #19 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 02:22:39 pm by razorhead94

I agree a packed Bud Walton is awesome which only might happen twice a year but you must have not been to a LR game.  It's a different type of atmosphere and the crowd is begging to get into the game and gets LOUD.  I go to both just FYI.

factchecker

Quote from: razorhead94 on November 14, 2017, 02:12:12 pm
I agree a packed Bud Walton is awesome which only might happen twice a year but you must have not been to a LR game.  It's a different type of atmosphere and the crowd is begging to get into the game and gets LOUD.  I go to both just FYI.

Let's not pretend like Little Rock is packed all the time either..... unless we are counting curtains as fans:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

razorhead94

Quote from: factchecker on November 14, 2017, 03:09:21 pm
Let's not pretend like Little Rock is packed all the time either..... unless we are counting curtains as fans:

Which is still 12,000+ against a Sam Houston St.  When is the last time BWA had that for a weak non-conference game?  And I'm talking ACTUAL attendance not tickets sold.

Look BWA is awesome but let's be honest...the fans need to show up there.  It's embarrassing and the Hogs need the support.  And this is from a season ticket holder at BWA.  I applaud Mike for actually challenging the fans to show up.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

factchecker

The student section does add to the atmosphere:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: razorhead94 on November 14, 2017, 03:33:39 pm
Which is still 12,000+ against a Sam Houston St.  When is the last time BWA had that for a weak non-conference game?  And I'm talking ACTUAL attendance not tickets sold.

Look BWA is awesome but let's be honest...the fans need to show up there.  It's embarrassing and the Hogs need the support.  And this is from a season ticket holder at BWA.  I applaud Mike for actually challenging the fans to show up.

That picture was from when we played Alabama AnM. There were 9,274 sold tickets for that game.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

razorback1829

Quote from: factchecker on November 14, 2017, 03:41:52 pm
The student section does add to the atmosphere:

Makes a huge difference. Yes I've been to the last 3, and it is quite different than even 12k in Bud.

ShadowHawg

You won't fill up the Bud by playing enough home games outside it.

It gives people a choice of either here or there. Rarely will anyone choose both.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: wavybone on November 13, 2017, 10:41:59 pm

I'd open for all area HS students too with walk-in tickets if the gate is light...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: factchecker on November 14, 2017, 03:09:21 pm

Something has to change. Alot of our recruits are central Arkansas kids. Little Rock is a bigger supporter of Razorback basketball than NWA. Would get 12 k easy for whoever! 

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: razorhead94 on November 14, 2017, 02:12:12 pm

Shut up and just cheer the team. Little Rock homers always stirring up garbage.

razorback1829

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 14, 2017, 06:57:52 pm
Something has to change. Alot of our recruits are central Arkansas kids. Little Rock is a bigger supporter of Razorback basketball than NWA. Would get 12 k easy for whoever!

Nah only cause they get one game a year.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: razorback1829 on November 14, 2017, 08:53:56 pm
Nah only cause they get one game a year.

I doubt that. Stop being negative towards this program and show up.

razorback1829

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 14, 2017, 09:56:09 pm
I doubt that. Stop being negative towards this program and show up.

I'm at every game. And it's not negativity, only facts.

rogersvillemohog

Ahhh, the classic old tired Hogville topic. The Great...... Arena.... debate? ???
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

BRHogfan

Tons of fans in Tulsa, let's schedule games there, too.  Except I just bought the miniplan, so I'll be driving to see the Hogs on campus where they belong.

I've been to lots of the NLR games when I was in band.  The fans are further back, and the arena doesn't feel intimate or exciting. 

NWAHog479

I've been to every game this year and to be honest the last 2 crowds that they have had for Samford and Bucknell were pretty good in my opinion for the first 2 games of the year. Samford was on a Friday before homecoming and Bucknell was on a Sunday in the middle of the Cowboys game. What makes me mad is when they have people sitting up in the upper deck and the lower bowl isn't full, let them come down and have a better seat!

whippersnapper

Like someone has mentioned before high school playoffs will play a factor in the crowd. There will be 5 playoff games in the NWA off the top of my head. Both Bentonville, Prairie grove, Pea Ridge and Elkins.

NWAHog479

Quote from: whippersnapper on November 15, 2017, 10:22:43 am
Like someone has mentioned before high school playoffs will play a factor in the crowd. There will be 5 playoff games in the NWA off the top of my head. Both Bentonville, Prairie grove, Pea Ridge and Elkins.

Prairie Grove, Pea Ridge, and Elkins will not play a factor...

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: NWAHog479 on November 15, 2017, 10:34:01 am
Prairie Grove, Pea Ridge, and Elkins will not play a factor...
everybody counts man. Little school have the fans like no other.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on November 14, 2017, 07:02:17 pm
Shut up and just cheer the team. Little Rock homers always stirring up garbage.

You'd think the University was in LR with some of these folks.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

WorfHog

I've went to the Red/White game - Samford, couldn't make it to Bucknell and tickets for Fresno St. for pretty high ($40/ticket+fee) on StubHub. Plus parking is a disaster if you don't have a pass. I'd love to go to each game, but like many simply cannot afford to.

Also, one Little Rock game is enough. It's sad that it's usually not even televised.

AlmaHog2011

I am going Friday Night and to as many as I can get to!! Very fun team to watch and yes they are going to lose some games. But, they will rock BWA!

BannerMountainMan

Tickets are going fast I heard!!

Tony Perkis

Excited about Friday. Being able to have a little liquid courage (not too much) makes weekend games the best.

BannerMountainMan

Barford got jolly ranchers for everybody that comes Friday!!!

secthundahog

Trough guna be wild every game, no doubt. Uark does the students right. Let's show up boys n girls. Bud Walton up there with assembly hall for best bball venue. Allen fieldhouse and rupp can suck one. Wish we could pack her out like the hall tho. Missouri game is hype. Only 2 months away. Hope everyone makes it back Saturday to get wild. My buddies would die to see MPJR play. Let's get this b^^^h loud.

BRHogfan

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 15, 2017, 10:45:53 pm
Barford got jolly ranchers for everybody that comes Friday!!!

I want that Hoodie!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: secthundahog on November 15, 2017, 11:20:32 pm
Trough guna be wild every game, no doubt. Uark does the students right. Let's show up boys n girls. Bud Walton up there with assembly hall for best bball venue. Allen fieldhouse and rupp can suck one. Wish we could pack her out like the hall tho. Missouri game is hype. Only 2 months away. Hope everyone makes it back Saturday to get wild. My buddies would die to see MPJR play. Let's get this b^^^h loud.
id rather see Jaylen Barford play over MPJR