Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

football is wearing me out...

Started by ballz2thewall, November 13, 2017, 05:37:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballz2thewall

so this is my first post over here for the year.

my only comment bb-wise is that this seems to be the best roster in a long, long time.

cheers.......
The rest of the frog.

BigK_HogHeaven

I hope the frustrations from football don't carry over to basketball if this team goes through a rough patch this year. Really high expectations early on means more potential for outrage later on. Hope everyone keeps a level head this year. Are we a tourney team? Absolutely. But we aren't a final 4 team like some seem to think

Youngsta71701

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 14, 2017, 08:19:22 am
I hope the frustrations from football don't carry over to basketball if this team goes through a rough patch this year. Really high expectations early on means more potential for outrage later on. Hope everyone keeps a level head this year. Are we a tourney team? Absolutely. But we aren't a final 4 team like some seem to think
Who knows? Maybe by tournament time we will be. Right now? No, we aren't.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 14, 2017, 08:28:33 am
Who knows? Maybe by tournament time we will be. Right now? No, we aren't.

I think Gafford and Thompson are the keys. We know what we have in the back court. Those guys have got to step up. Gafford is going to be a beast, just think he could be a bit inconsistent this year

labb

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 14, 2017, 08:49:34 am
I think Gafford and Thompson are the keys. We know what we have in the back court. Those guys have got to step up. Gafford is going to be a beast, just think he could be a bit inconsistent this year
What we get out of the "4" position is my question as to how good this team can be...ie: Can Bailey, Thomas, Cook or the freshman up their games to make that position one of our strong points.

ballz2thewall

the plays at forward is what got my real attention.
The rest of the frog.

daprospecta

Quote from: labb on November 14, 2017, 09:17:44 am
What we get out of the "4" position is my question as to how good this team can be...ie: Can Bailey, Thomas, Cook or the freshman up their games to make that position one of our strong points.
Bailey is definitely figuring it out. The move when he tried to dunk off the dribble let's me know he is getting comfortable. I feel like he could potentially be our own Larry Johnson. Minus a few pounds of course.