Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sounds like we are setting up win the Trifecta!!

Started by 007 License To Squeal, November 13, 2017, 05:52:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Life

WilsonHog

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 13, 2017, 10:33:11 pm
Houston, Missouri, and Baylor.. very well respected.

Did you miss the memo where the push is for an AD and HC with Arkansas ties?

1highhog

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 13, 2017, 10:31:43 pm
I'll note that you said "PERIOD" and "unles" in the same paragraph when talking about the prospect of Malzahn coming to Arkansas. The second word (sic), would seem to mitigate against 100%, stick-a-gun-to-my-head-if-I-am-wrong certainty.

Yep I did, because there's no way that Gus is getting fired after Saturday.

WilsonHog

Quote from: 1highhog on November 13, 2017, 10:35:15 pm
Yep I did, because there's no way that Gus is getting fired after Saturday.

I agree, as of tonight. Now, if Alabama beats him in two weeks, the grumbling will start again. Of course, that assumes that him coming to UA is predicated on Auburn firing him.

The Boar War

Quote from: 1highhog on November 13, 2017, 10:29:28 pm
I will say this for you then.  GUS WILL NOT BE OUR COACH PERIOD.  I am a 100% sure on this, this is not coming from a 2nd hand source, but,,, unless Gus is fired which is now highly unlikely the Malzahns are happy where they are.

There it is.  You've talked to Gus and he told you he's not going to be the coach at Arkansas.

I know that i don't know, 100 percent.  I am positive.

1highhog

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 13, 2017, 10:37:13 pm
I agree, as of tonight. Now, if Alabama beats him in two weeks, the grumbling will start again. Of course, that assumes that him coming to UA is predicated on Auburn firing him.

As I was told, the only way he would come here to Coach would be if he was fired and certain stipulations were met, I will not divulge those.  He also has expressed interest in coaching in the Big 12 if ever the opportunity ever presented itself, that would take precedence over the job at Arkansas.

bob slydell

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on November 13, 2017, 05:56:56 pm
Whatever your opinion on Jeff Long, firing him and Bielema both at this time of the year is not optimal.  It's going to set us back significantly. If you want Bielema gone and a decent replacement then firing Jeff long right now is not the recipe.

If Jeff Long is inept enough to get canned, do you really want him making the coach hire?
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

1highhog

Quote from: 12247 on November 13, 2017, 10:46:45 pm
I know that i don't know, 100 percent.  I am positive.

That metal plate in your head giving you problems again?

1highhog

Didn't ask you to believe anything I said, I'm just a troll.  But I know he's not coming here.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: 1highhog on November 13, 2017, 10:49:26 pm

As I was told, the only way he would come here to Coach would be if he was fired and certain stipulations were met, I will not divulge those.  He also has expressed interest in coaching in the Big 12 if ever the opportunity ever presented itself, that would take precedence over the job at Arkansas.

I am not shot taking here, just asking for confirmation since you seem to be tight with the Malzahn's.

So Gus and Arkansas, in your words, have spoken about the job? You stated he had stipulations is the reason I am asking.

Thanks
PRJ

hog.goblin

Quote from: The Boar War on November 13, 2017, 10:07:19 pm
Take away the highly rated quarterbacks he signed but keep the high recruiting ranking and see what happens?

and (as I saw in another thread)

Forget the win against #1 UGA because they're not really a number one team.

I guess whatever it takes for you guys...

Fwiw, take away the highly rated QBs from any P5 team and see what you get

Hawg Life

Quote from: hog.goblin on November 13, 2017, 11:03:29 pm
Fwiw, take away the highly rated QBs from any P5 team and see what you get

Wrong. Gus didn't recruit or develop Cam or Stidham. They paid Cam and Auburn benefited from the Baylor program falling apart and got a preseason heisman candidate. He probably got paid too. Those players would not have come to Arkansas. Also, Auburn has recruiting advantages Arkansas will never have.

1highhog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 13, 2017, 10:57:15 pm
I am not shot taking here, just asking for confirmation since you seem to be tight with the Malzahn's.

So Gus and Arkansas, in your words, have spoken about the job? You stated he had stipulations is the reason I am asking.

Thanks
PRJ

I'll PM you.

sickboy

Quote from: Paul on November 13, 2017, 08:15:49 pm
u probably are underestimating the job of AD

Sorry, I should have clarified that I was talking about how well the football program does. The ADs sole job is to make a sound and stable athletic department.

Paul

Quote from: sickboy on November 13, 2017, 11:45:56 pm
Sorry, I should have clarified that I was talking about how well the football program does. The ADs sole job is to make a sound and stable athletic department.
I agree

ricepig

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 13, 2017, 10:57:15 pm

Thanks
PRJ

Yeah, pretty simple, that Long isn't the AD.

H&D

GUS WILL NOT BE THE NEXT COACH HERE, GET A GRIP PEOPLE!!
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: Bob Slydell on November 13, 2017, 10:50:05 pm
If Jeff Long is inept enough to get canned, do you really want him making the coach hire?

I am just saying that if we are looking for a new AD and a new head coach at the same time that is going to be a disadvantage for us. It's a hindrance and not a help.

cjack

Woooo Pig Soooie!

rljjr

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 13, 2017, 08:01:31 pm
We need to go forward not backwards.. no more GOBN. Start over. Gus has had success with a bought QB and a transfer, not even with top 10 classes. Norvell is what we need and I hope we are FORTUNATE enough to call him coach.

We went from passionate GOBN to cold, calculating JL. Somewhere in the middle is the right approach IMO. 

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

WilsonHog

Quote from: H&D on November 14, 2017, 02:33:53 pm

You're screaming about a football coach, all caps and red font, and imploring other people to get a grip?

Soooie21

Biggus Piggus

Anyone who believes Arkansas is setting up to hire Malzahn is delusional.
[CENSORED]!

cosmodrum

Yeah, what we need is a cult running the BAC. We can move the coach's show to Crosspoint.
Go away, batin'

ricepig

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on November 14, 2017, 05:25:23 pm
Anyone who believes Arkansas is setting up to hire Malzahn is delusional.

Pretty much my thoughts, but I've been delusional before.....I've thought for a month or longer we would field a good football team again.

H&D

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 14, 2017, 03:44:12 pm
You're screaming about a football coach, all caps and red font, and imploring other people to get a grip?

Sometimes you have to yell at delusional people. Its the only way to get them snap back to reality.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

arcowboy

Bottom line is that no one knows who is coming or not coming.  Things change from minute to minute in these situations , always have before and will in the future.  So relax and let everything fall in place. 

BOAR_N2BWILD

Good Grief just hurry up and start tracking planes!!
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 13, 2017, 06:59:06 pm
The Mike Bike may be just as efficient to getting us to where we need to go as the Gus Bus.  Both modes of transportation have their +'s and -'s.

Nothing can happen until the Bert Boat is in dry dock.
Bert Barge
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

RedRazorHog

I was talking to a guy who knows a guy that is the guy next to the guy that is behind the guy that knows the guy that is across from the guy that talked to the guy that is in front of the guy next to the guy that heard that guy say that he heard the guy next to him say he was behind the guy that was in the elevator with a guy who said he heard a lady say she was in Ross Dress for Less and she heard the lady in the stall next to her say she was in a stall at Marshalls that heard they are coming
"I've found that prayers work best when you have Big Players"

--Knute Rockne

Hawginj

I'm the dude playin a dude pretending to be another dude!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on November 13, 2017, 07:33:55 pm
I can see Ken Hatfield or Jimmy Johnson being offered the AD position.  Both know how to hire coaches.

Jimmy said he would only come if Wal-Mart will give him free hair spray..........................Wal-mart said that would cut into profits too much.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

M L (bassplayer)

DeltaBoy

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 13, 2017, 07:26:26 pm
Gus

2014    Auburn    8–5    4–4
2015    Auburn    7–6    2–6
2016    Auburn    8–5    5–3
2017    Auburn    8–2    6–1

With Auburn talent. How well will he do at Arkansas?
Oh and he lost 3/4 bowl games.

Still better than with JL and Bret.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Michael D Huff AIA

Preach!  The dude just beat the #1 team in the country, and if he wins the Iron Bowl he wins the SEC West. 

This is not what makes a coach leave a program.  Who at Auburn would want him to go with this current season happening?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on November 13, 2017, 06:48:52 pm
The fact that anyone believes that Gus is going to leave a top tier job in the SEC to come to a middle to lower tier job in the SEC is crazy. I'm not a Gus fan by any stretch of the imagination but I know crazy talk when I hear it.

Sounds like you're not much of an Arkansas fan either....
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Donny2665

This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Donny2665

LOL! Do you know this as a fact or opinion?
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

ur

Iron Bowl will determine it. Lose and the barners will want to run him out of town. Win and he is on to the final four and staying there.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 13, 2017, 05:52:08 pm
Can we really win the Trifecta?
1.  Bret fired!
2.  Jeff let go!
3.  The Gus Bus comes to NWA!!!

WPS!!!!
DILLY DILLY
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

007 License To Squeal

Well, now...look at what just happened......part 1 of trifecta is complete...wps!!
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

hog.goblin

Quote from: Hawg Life on November 13, 2017, 11:15:40 pm
Wrong. Gus didn't recruit or develop Cam or Stidham. They paid Cam and Auburn benefited from the Baylor program falling apart and got a preseason heisman candidate. He probably got paid too. Those players would not have come to Arkansas. Also, Auburn has recruiting advantages Arkansas will never have.

Wrong?  So you are saying most P5 teams don't need highly rated QBs.  Got it.  You don't really watch much football.