Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where does Bielema go after Arkansas?

Started by NuttinItUp, November 13, 2017, 05:22:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

Does a small program like Rice or East Carolina or something let him try to retool as their head coach, does he go back to DC duties somewhere, or does he get into broadcasting?

hawgdavis

HogPharmer

I'd say HC at smaller school or TV. I don't see him going to be a coordinator.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

jkstock04

I read on here many times his next step after Arkansas would be the NFL.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jgphillips3

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 13, 2017, 05:36:01 pm

I'm sure he could be the assistant to the assistant.

moses_007

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 13, 2017, 05:36:01 pm
No NFL team will hire a perennial loser.

lumphog

Hook 'em Hogs

I could see a Western Kentucky type school.  Kind of like Petrino did to rebuild his reputation even though their reputations took severe knocks for different reasons.

I'm not a Bielema hater.  I believe he's a good coach and some things got away from him and spun out of control (all things he's responsible for).  If he's let go, I hope that he can rebuild his rep and get where he wants to go. 

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Maybe his buddy Anderson can help him land a NFL gig because he sure the hell owes him alot.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

phadedhawg

widespreadsooie

Pork Ranger

I believe he'll go to Western Sixxlin'..

Maybe Cracker Barrel

It's really a toss up  ???

Sed76

He can go manage a Krispy Kreme for all I care. He has more than worn out his welcome and it's time to go.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on November 13, 2017, 06:13:42 pm

Maybe Cracker Barrel

Vegas intel giving Cracker Barrel the slight edge

kodiakisland

He will go to one of the Florida schools. Should be at least 3 FBS Florida schools looking.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

ipigsooie

Bacons Rebellion

IronMountainHog

Kansas, where fat arse coaches go to finish their mediocre careers (Weis, Mangino).

BoynamedWooPigSooie

I'd advise taking a year or two off, enjoy the new baby, gamble his ass off in Vegas and S. Florida, move to where Jen's parents are, do a little TV BS a couple times a year, let the stink wear off a bit.

Then hope some foolish mid-major replacing their coach who upgraded jobs will roll the dice or back his way into the Purdue, Illinois, Indiana jobs when they need a coach.

The best he could hope for at this point is taking over FAU when Kiffin moves on or USF or UCF but I'm not sure that any of those AD's are dumb enough like Jeff Long to fall for his rouge.  KState is probably a closed door now. Iowa is a fart in the wind for him now. No chance a Power 5 program is taking the risk seeing how terribly he underperformed here and he brings a plan that is a losing proposition for most schools.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Hogwild

I think he goes the analyst route for a year or two to see what opens up.

lahawg1

He goes back to Iowa and works for his dad on the hog farm

TrueBlue

NFL teams are lining up to hire him as a halftime strategist.

moses_007

He'll become head coach of some peewee team in Iowa...lol...  why do we care where he goes?  He can retire on what he's banked here. 

1highhog

SooieGeneris

Quote from: moses_007 on November 13, 2017, 05:51:07 pm
No NFL team will hire a perennial loser.

How many NFL teams have employed Rex Ryan? Losing in college is not much of a factor in the NFL.

Cam Cameron had a terrible record at Indiana and got hired as an NFL head coach.

Of course, he had a track record as an NFL assistant and coordinator, which BB does not, but it doesn't mean someone in the NFL wouldn't hire BB as a position coach.

There have been many coaches in the NFL who started out in college and didn't have a good won-loss record. Jim Caldwell had an unimpressive record at Wake Forest for example..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

DOGALUM

He should take some time and work on himself.  I don't mean that negatively.  Lose the weight, enjoy that baby and that wife.  He can't be in very good health with the excess weight.  Get himself together then see where God puts him.  Most people don't have the means to do it.   Take advantage of it.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

RebelW

Iowa St if Cambell decides to leave for Tenner

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on November 13, 2017, 06:13:42 pm

Maybe Cracker Barrel

Western Sizzlin' has a buffet.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Triple T

For some reason, I'm almost certain he'll be the next coach at UCF (After Frost leaves for Florida or Nebraska).

farmhawg

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 13, 2017, 05:22:03 pm
Does a small program like Rice or East Carolina or something let him try to retool as their head coach, does he go back to DC duties somewhere, or does he get into broadcasting?
AWAY.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

parallaxpig

noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Sooie71923

I think he ll get a chance at a P5 again. Nationally, media and people realize what Arkansas is (a mid to bottom SEC school all time) and don't fault him for not succeeding here in 5 years or less. They saw what he was able to do at a B10 power.

He ll be just fine.

GoHogs1091

Back to the Mediocre 10 Conference as a Defensive Coordinator, or a Head Coach job in the Sun Belt Conference.

Hawghiggs

idochog

Head of quality control at smuckers or Peter Pan peanut butter factory
I love Jesus!

STLhawg

Quote from: Sooie71923 on November 13, 2017, 08:27:58 pm
I think he ll get a chance at a P5 again. Nationally, media and people realize what Arkansas is (a mid to bottom SEC school all time) and don't fault him for not succeeding here in 5 years or less.
Wonder how on earth BP had ten times the success is less time?  Heck even HDN had mountains more success than BB!  Oh, but you think BB failed because we are 'poor ol' Arkansas'...talk about an apologetic loser!

They saw what he was able to do at a B10 power.
Or maybe everyone now sees that BB isn't worth much without  Barry Alvarez guiding him!  His B10 record wasn't even his.  When he stepped out of Barry's shadow he fell flat on his face.

shown006

CBB will next be seen at the blackjack table at the MGM in Vegas.
WPS!

farmhawg

I think he ll get a chance at a P5 again. Nationally, media and people realize what Arkansas is (a mid to bottom SEC school all time) and don't fault him for not succeeding here in 5 years or less. They saw what he was able to do at a B10 power.

He ll be just fine.
Good grief
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Swinehart

STLhawg

Quote from: Hook 'em Hogs
I believe he's a good coach and some things got away from him and spun out of control (all things he's responsible for).  If he's let go, I hope that he can rebuild his rep and get where he wants to go.
WOW are you really that dense?  BB isn't even a mediocre coach much less a good one.  I have never been BB hater (in fact quite often argued BB deserved time to build his program), but it is well past time to call a spade a spade!  The fact you say "if he's let go" speaks volumes about you.  LOL

RazorChuck

Well isn't it obvious, Bart will be working for CBS after this, they love fired former Arkansas coaches.

BadHog

Do we care? As long as he is gone, I frankly don't give a darn.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 13, 2017, 05:22:03 pm
Who gives a s__t? Just posting to post.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

PossumFan

I just hope we get a skinny coach next time. I'm sick of the the fat comments/jokes/insults/wisecracks. Really don't even care if the next guy wins as long as he has a respectable BMI.

BadHog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on November 13, 2017, 09:46:36 pm
Who gives a s__t? Just posting to post.

Hey HiM - when are you going to change to HiLR?   :D
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

HoggieStyle

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: BadHog on November 13, 2017, 10:02:35 pm
Hey HiM - when are you going to change to HiLR?   :D
Haha. Too lazy. Need to get Lanny to change my name.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

j-mann

calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs